Excalibur prime
100 - 300
100 - 300
100 - 150
Umbra Excalibur (prime)
100 - 300
100 - 300
100 - 150

I wonder what will be different from the Umbra to the Normal/Prime version if its not the stats. I mean, something has to be different right?

2 minutes ago, ButterLutter said:

I wonder what will be different from the Umbra to the Normal/Prime version if its not the stats. I mean, something has to be different right?

i dont honestly know

last stats i had were well before u18 

Umbra Excalibur Prime: max power 150, stamina 100, health 100, shield 100, armor 250 and sprint speed 1.0

(Note: these stats are pre-U17 for the chinese build. They're outdated).

Excalibur Prime: max power 100, health 100, shield 100, armor 250, sprint speed 1.0

Excalibur: max power 100, health 100, shield 100, armor 225, sprint speed 1.0
Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

28 minutes ago, PsychedelicSnake said:

Just another general reminder that datamined content and spoilers on unreleased content isn't allowed. With U19 drawing closer it was worth mentioning. 

Remember: no one likes spoilers. Especially like how Snape kills Dumbledore.

Sorry, my bad, was trying to get info without being too direct about datamined/leaked content but I didn't know how.

Thanks for the reminder.

21 minutes ago, ButterLutter said:

Maybe something like his skills are still unrefined or consumed by hatred (something like that :D) resulting in stronger but more demanding abilities
Starts with 120% Strength and 80% Efficiency 

That would be interesting xDD

ya the double edge sword idea was discussed here and there

here are the excal prime stats ,excal vanilla in comparison tot he u17 umbra excal prime stats 

china frame isnt a perfect mirrior of our own

stats per wiki (updated op stats while i was at it) 

Current stats of Excalibur Prime

Health

100.0 (300.0 at rank 30)

Shield

100.0 (300.0 at rank 30)

Armor

Power

100.0 (150.0 at rank 30)

Current stats of Excalibur 

Health

100.0 (300.0 at rank 30)

Shield

100.0 (300.0 at rank 30)

Armor

Power

100.0 (150.0 at rank 30)

Current stats of Umbra Excalibur Prime (u17 stats)

Health

Shield

Armor

Power

48 minutes ago, OzoneSlayer said:

The earliest I see Umbra coming is U20. Just saying, just saying...

It wouldn't surprise me if Umbra comes from the War Within quest...IIRC in a recent devstream the Umbra "content" was pretty much finished, and we'll be plesantly surprised with the outcome...Or perhaps I'm simply being over optimistic.

On 5/9/2016 at 3:20 PM, (PS4)BlitzKeir said:

*cough*

May I contribute something other than the same regurgitations that have been repeated for 112 pages?

I have a theory. Focus and Umbra have been mentioned in the same breath on at least one occasion in devstreams. Steve has also discussed twice how they want to make Focus powers (not just the tree) something you want to use, something that makes you feel powerful. In particular, the way he discussed this at PAX East gives me a very strong hunch that... bear with me...

Umbra is no longer a new series of frames. Instead, it is a powerup triggered when you activate your focus. For a short time, the operator assumes direct control of the Warframe, changing its appearance and amplifying its abilities. This would replace the current main power of each Focus, but preserve its effect in some way.

Thoughts?

Hate to just totally shut down something that you actually seem to have put thought into before saying but....

We are never... EVER... going to be directly in the battle. Lotus would never allow it. We are mortal. We can die. We are not gods. The frames CONTROLLED by us however... that's a different story.

Additionally umbra is confirmed to be a line of frames that will be more than just a reskin- keyword is confirmed.

Furthermore, tying systems together is bad. MR, affinity, focus. They're all tied together- and surprise surprise they're all REALLY bad and need a rework, which even DE has acknowledged. Tying more systems into systems that already need to work seperately from another is asking for nothing but failure. Not to mention how much focus as an individual system needs a total rework/overhaul to not be completely useless outside of a few overpowered passives that break the game harder than exalted derp.

Something to consider. As far as the hints tell us, the Sentients were also a creation of the Orokin. So the Sentients' aesthetic could also be influenced by that of the Orokin. Meaning the appearance of similar shapes on Sentient stuff and Prime/Umbra/Tenno stuff could be because of a common link to the Orokin, rather than to each other.

Also. Damn, that's really a lot of forks there on Umbra Excal.

Though perhaps they are meant to invoke a moon? Conclave and now Lunaro seem to indicate that Sun and Moon carry some meaning for Tenno philosophy.

Mako, you didn't account for one very interesting possibility, one which I alluded to earlier. Apparently I was so subtle that no-one caught what I was getting at.

How will y'all react if an Excalibur Umbra shows up in U19, but as an unplayable antagonist, there to tease the possibility of taming one for our own use in a later update?

3 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Mako, you didn't account for one very interesting possibility, one which I alluded to earlier. Apparently I was so subtle that no-one caught what I was getting at.

How will y'all react if an Excalibur Umbra shows up in U19, but as an unplayable antagonist, there to tease the possibility of taming one for our own use in a later update?

id say majority would be like ...

mrnzJ4x.gif

mk be in the back supplying ammo ..

spongebob1.gif

tumblr_inline_msatniOS3j1qz4rgp.gif

while ill just be like

shaking_head_breaking_bad.gif

3 hours ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Come on Mako......

It would be masterful, and you know it.

Pure evil to the core. Something out of our reach being put in our direct line of sight, only to continue being out of our reach is just bogus.

2 hours ago, Man_In_Suitcase said:

It wouldn't surprise me if Umbra comes from the War Within quest...IIRC in a recent devstream the Umbra "content" was pretty much finished, and we'll be plesantly surprised with the outcome...Or perhaps I'm simply being over optimistic.

The war within is either gonna have Umbra or those big arm weapons they showed that were connected with focus

Please let them be connected. Please let me have an epic fight with a Frost Umbra boss that I can claim for myself. 

I have a serious thing for fighting evil doppelgangers. Bonus points when it's the manifestation of the evil/darkness residing in you yourself (but doesn't seem to be the case for these).

Edited by Tymerc

1 hour ago, (PS4)dursereg said:

My speculation most likely wrong. Umbra frame will be the only way to contain the infestation on our listet by turning it into a warframe.

Sounds like fun having a nano spore farm in the back of my ship, but as we all know its widely speculated thats for kavats.

4 hours ago, Stratego89 said:

Hate to just totally shut down something that you actually seem to have put thought into before saying but....

We are never... EVER... going to be directly in the battle. Lotus would never allow it. We are mortal. We can die. We are not gods. The frames CONTROLLED by us however... that's a different story.

Additionally umbra is confirmed to be a line of frames that will be more than just a reskin- keyword is confirmed.

Furthermore, tying systems together is bad. MR, affinity, focus. They're all tied together- and surprise surprise they're all REALLY bad and need a rework, which even DE has acknowledged. Tying more systems into systems that already need to work seperately from another is asking for nothing but failure. Not to mention how much focus as an individual system needs a total rework/overhaul to not be completely useless outside of a few overpowered passives that break the game harder than exalted derp.

Wow you really went digging for that one. That was forty pages ago.

I didn't say the Operator would be directly in combat. I intentionally left it vague, but my mental image is the 'change in appearance' would be a physical alteration to your frame. Basically, going Super Saiyan.

As for the confirmation, yeah, I'm well aware. All the information is on the first page of this thread. I've pored over every word looking for clarification on Umbra vs. Umbra Prime and how/when it will be implemented, and the conclusion I drew based on that information is that Umbra was planned to be a tertiary series of frames.

That was over a year ago, and DE has been very tight-lipped. They've offered tiny hints recently. The quote you're referring to is more specific. Steve doesn't just say they'll be more than a reskin, he says Excal Umbra "will be more than just Excal with slightly different stats." That's what Excal Umbra Prime currently is, in the Chinese version. Which tells me that how Umbra is conceived internally has changed.

I wish I could remember what devstream it was in, but I recall Steve saying once that having a third series of frames wasn't an idea he was fully confident in. It was a long time ago. Sadly I can't provide a citation, so I understand if you don't take my word for it.

I've already had every possible permutation of this discussion, btw. It's a serious rabbit hole. I've given it a ton of consideration, and recognize all the flaws in my theory. Even proposed some of them myself.

1 hour ago, (PS4)BlitzKeir said:

Wow you really went digging for that one. That was forty pages ago.

-snip-

I uh... I didn't actually. New forums are bad and sent me straight to that page when I clicked on the thread in recent topics/posts section instead of bringing me to the proper newest comments- for some reason. I didn't bother to check the page because I didn't expect it to derp hardcore.

17 hours ago, siralextraffo said:

You know, while this sounds reasonable, do you think Operators and Hunhow should have been teased before U18? This assuming Umbra is somehow linked to the new quest, which is all to be proven.

right but we were teased primes and new frames before they were released. along with possibly seeing space mommy. and learning about the stalker which were not moot points. how would they reveal umbra to the same surprise as the reveal that we are teenage space pirate magic ninjas with a weird looking big but big boobed weird head space mother 

5 minutes ago, Nashucus said:

right but we were teased primes and new frames before they were released. along with possibly seeing space mommy. and learning about the stalker which were not moot points. how would they reveal umbra to the same surprise as the reveal that we are teenage space pirate magic ninjas with a weird looking big but big boobed weird head space mother 

to the community it was a big shock 

we were not given any direct info/images/ idea on the operator other then vague hints here and there in the games story on what we were.

we were not teased anything directly involved with the operator, and weve not been given anything direct on umbra, but as De states soon on both umbra and war within and per novusnova

"The radio silence about Umbra has been deafening in the face of all your questions, but we have been tight-lipped for a reason. Much like the identity of the Tenno for the Second Dream quest, any discussion about Umbra will spoil the lore that will be introduced by upcoming updates. There is no definitive release date, but keep an eye (and an ear) out for more info as it comes out!"

when you put that together with the only new large cinematic quest thats coming that brings with it "new mechanics" and new lore 

i find it very info compelling tenno