The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

availability and release are two separate cases , i chose my words carefully and reflected the words used by de and changyou

the 30 exclusivity is the premise that after 30 days it is then allowed to be developed and then released later to the global. not that it will drop after the 30 days.

sorry I focused on the wrong part of the sentence

All I hope is that he will have a completely different moveset from Excal.

Exalted Greatsword, anyone?

At least ro me, exalted nikana sounds way better, after all Excalibur Umbra might be coming with a Nikana Prime. On the other hand, greatswords don't benefit from his passive, but still sound good (Or even better, a way to choose our sword for EB and thus the animations used on this. Which might be too much work, anyways, so I don't see it happening on a close future)

Moveset? Don't like the idea honestly, but a different Exalted Blade energy sword would be nice!

Oh ya! Sorry I meant abilities.

Haha.

At least ro me, exalted nikana sounds way better, after all Excalibur Umbra might be coming with a Nikana Prime. On the other hand, greatswords don't benefit from his passive, but still sound good (Or even better, a way to choose our sword for EB and thus the animations used on this. Which might be too much work, anyways, so I don't see it happening on a close future)

I was thinking Excalibur Umbra will be a completely different frame so the passive and all the stats will be different.

All I hope is for it to not just be another Excal "skin".

That way, even though its Excal Umbra, it's not an Excal and we will essentially have a new warframe around the same theme but different aesthetically and gameplay wise.

I was thinking Excalibur Umbra will be a completely different frame so the passive and all the stats will be different.

That way, even though its Excal Umbra, it's not an Excal and we will essentially have a new warframe around the same theme but different aesthetically and gameplay wise.

I understand your point, but sadly changing his skillset and passive would turn umbra into a brand new swordsman frame with Excalibur looks and name and maybe better stats instead of becoming an upgrade to vanilla excal and a sidegrade or alternative to the prime one, as you hace just explained, so there would be no point on calling him "excalibur" anymore. Maybe the umbra system will allow us to customize our skills and their effects, but if that was the case, we might be way too far from its release, and thinking of the modifications available for every skill tree might be a little too much, so I don't see it happening anyways, or at least not soon.

On the other hand, and this more a personal opinion, an "exalted greatsword" would fit better on a berserker frame with great survivability, lots of damage reduction to go even further, decent mobility, some team buffs and a little cc which reminds me of valkyr or a male berserker frame concept (because we already have the female one). Just saying, anyways

-snip-

personally i was hoping for a nikana instead of skana exalted blade 

or a new animation of activation 

either way a side upgrade or alternative to the vanilla thats equivalent or close to prime excal but with a variation in its stats so it is close but a unique frame all the same.

i just keep pondering the "stages of umbra" is it a 1.2.3. poof stalkers an umbra , or is there a "Cleansing" or Ritual of passage?

just some of the thoughts ive had on it 

Oh ya! Sorry I meant abilities.

Haha.

Umbra Excal will have double the size of energy blades, more swish for your swoosh.

personally i was hoping for a nikana instead of skana exalted blade

or a new animation of activation

either way a side upgrade or alternative to the vanilla thats equivalent or close to prime excal but with a variation in its stats so it is close but a unique frame all the same.

i just keep pondering the "stages of umbra" is it a 1.2.3. poof stalkers an umbra , or is there a "Cleansing" or Ritual of passage?

just some of the thoughts ive had on it

Maybe you didn't get my point. Changing the skillset would simply turn the frame on anything but excalibur, while the skillset can remain but changing the execution of the powers (animations) would simply make him amazing.

As you can check if you take some time to check previous pages I'd also love seeing an EB using a nikana based stance (aka "exalted nikana", as you say) instead of the one used by vanilla and prime excal.

My idea on the umbra system goes to power customization where, depending on the power, we can sacrifice damage for utility, for example using a "dark pull" (being mag the easiest example) which can be modified to lose all damage to get some utility like pulling enemy weapons to disarm them, or a tree allowing us to cast bullet attractor on friendly units to turn them into bullet repeller, or whatever. But now that I think about it, this would open too many ways to break our frames skills, so it might not be a good idea unless difficulty gets improved.

Edited by -----LegioN-----

Again, some players seem to be thinking that Excalibur Umbra is going to have a different power set. I honestly have no idea where this came from, but it is not happening.

Umbra Excalibur is going to simply be an alternate Excalibur with increased stats. Hopefully his power animations will have a little new effect added onto them like the Prime powers do. I'm hoping for a change to his Exalted Blade model, like some other players.

Maybe you didn't get my point. Changing the skillset would simply turn the frame on anything but excalibur, while the skillset can remain but changing the execution of the powers (animations) would simply make him amazing.

As you can check if you take some time to check previous pages I'd also love seeing an EB using a nikana based stance (aka "exalted nikana", as you say) instead of the one used by vanilla and prime excal.

My idea on the umbra system goes to power customization where, depending on the power, we can sacrifice damage for utility, for example using a "dark pull" (being mag the easiest example) which can be modified to lose all damage to get some utility like pulling enemy weapons to disarm them, or a tree allowing us to cast bullet attractor on friendly units to turn them into bullet repeller, or whatever. But now that I think about it, this would open too many ways to break our frames skills, so it might not be a good idea unless difficulty gets improved.

well, what about thinking of the umbra system like focus then? (im going to use void damage as examples)

instead of our operator floating around,  it then subs in a umbra system for the frame, but specific to umbra warframes

when triggered the umbra system replaces known frames powers with a variation

and example

umbra excal could lose standard exalted blade and gain umbra sword(like umbra lance?).  void based damage type? 

or even a concept of umbra system once active has a passive (i.e. affinity gained then active passive for duration of mission like naramon) 

if an umbra is damaged it then releases a small AOE that deals damage incurred to the umbra is then multiplied by a 0.# multiplier and deals damage back based on the (initial damage) x(0.#) = release pulse. it only release one pulse and a .3 delay between pulses with it taking the highest damage taken (not stack dmg)

just a concept 

I hope if they introduce an Umbra-System, that they also do something for Primed Frames....

I dont want that my Prime Warframes are useless because  Umbras are just much better than Primes....

If Umbras are the darker themed ones ... then Primes must be the lighter themed ones .... 

There must be a prime and umbra system then

I hope if they introduce an Umbra-System, that they also do something for Primed Frames....

I dont want that my Prime Warframes are useless because  Umbras are just much better than Primes....

If Umbras are the darker themed ones ... then Primes must be the lighter themed ones .... 

There must be a prime and umbra system then

i dont think there will be a prime system.  we have discussed that the umbra system may be a double edge sword 

meaning it buffs stats while also reducing them 

it could also replace the focus system for those frames.

i just personally feel it will be a "flavor of the month" for a bit then trickle down into a more diverse squad setup for tactics