The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

Just now, (PS4)Redemption_015 said:

Irrelevant. This Warframe, not League of Legends. Two completely different studios, who have completely methods of handling issues. DE is very tight-knit with it's community, one of the most considerate developers I know of. They are always giving us information on the upcoming updates. Mummy frame? We know he is coming with his own quest, we know he's in the Dev build and they're going through the final tweaks for him. Umbra? Nothing. He has been around while nearly five frames have passed the green light. Ridiculous? I believe so.

Not irrelevant at all - it would be irrelevant if we were discussing something to do with the flow of cash perhaps, or available resources. But we are not.

(And in fact, if we were, then I would point out it took the much bigger studio Riot three years between two announcements. So far for DE, a smaller studio with far less resources, it's been nine months.)

If you cared so much about DE you would sound less self-righteous and entitled and would be more appreciative of their situation. Instead, all I hear you saying is how much you feel like the developers owe you something and how unreasonable you feel they're being. So please don't pretend you care one whit about DE and the staff when every post you make treats them like they're emphatically beneath you (which is how all your posts come across) and owe you anything. They do not.

9 minutes ago, Airyllish said:

Not irrelevant at all - it would be irrelevant if we were discussing something to do with the flow of cash perhaps, or available resources. But we are not.

(And in fact, if we were, then I would point out it took the much bigger studio Riot three years between two announcements. So far for DE, a smaller studio with far less resources, it's been nine months.)

If you cared so much about DE you would sound less self-righteous and entitled and would be more appreciative of their situation. Instead, all I hear you saying is how much you feel like the developers owe you something and how unreasonable you feel they're being. So please don't pretend you care one whit about DE and the staff when every post you make treats them like they're emphatically beneath you (which is how all your posts come across) and owe you anything. They do not.

Where on Earth did you get that from? I stopped caring when Steve made that little comment about Umbra 'being crushed underneath the Second Dream'. The Devs are great, don't get me wrong, but I could care less about them. If you look back at this entire situation it all comes back to Excalibur Prime, the one true exclusive in this game. The amount of salt that situation garnered back in the day. So the players of the community who are not Founders (99%) are owed an explanation when a new EP shows up out of nowhere, with no prior indication.

First it was '30 day exclusivity' then, 'timezones and languages' then it was 'lore'. 

Oh and you are correct in one way, I would be more appreciative and understanding of their situation.....

If they actually told us about the situation.

Edited by (PS4)Redemption_015

1 minute ago, (PS4)Redemption_015 said:

Did I even mention anything about the Second Dream? No I didn't, because that wasn't pushed back nine months. Look at Ride to Hell Retribution, what an absolute failure that was, and it was hyped over. WatchDogs, over-hyped, under-delivered. It will be the same with the player base. Nine months, after all this waiting we get lore and people will think it'll be the new Second Dream, then it under-delivers. Just take a look back through the thread, we've had people thinking Umbra will have a completely different power set to Excalibur, we've had people thinking he will be the Godframe of this game, we've had people who think he's going to introduce some new game-breaking mechanic and it is only getting worse the more they continue to hold out on us.

Yes....but, as I've been saying all along, that's not DE doing that to players. That's players doing it to themselves.

DE are not the ones hyping Umbra. Players are.

When players get excited over something which DE is not making any effort to get people hyped up over? When players start sending abusive or threatening messages to the devs over it? When players are setting themselves up for an inevitable backlash? That's on the players, not DE. You are responsible for your own emotions.

5 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Yes....but, as I've been saying all along, that's not DE doing that to players. That's players doing it to themselves.

DE are not the ones hyping Umbra. Players are.

When players get excited over something which DE is not making any effort to get people hyped up over? When players start sending abusive or threatening messages to the devs over it? When players are setting themselves up for an inevitable backlash? That's on the players, not DE. You are responsible for your own emotions.

So now you're just twisting it round to say it's our fault for being excited? If DE just delivered, there would be no hype. We can go into a philosophical discussion of 'What came first' if you wish, but we will be here all day.

14 minutes ago, (PS4)Redemption_015 said:

Where on Earth did you get that from? I stopped caring when Steve made that little comment about Umbra 'being crushed underneath the Second Dream'. The Devs are great, don't get me wrong, but I could care less about them. If you look back at this entire situation it all comes back to Excalibur Prime, the one true exclusive in this game. The amount of salt that situation garnered back in the day. So the players of the community who are not Founders (99%) are owed an explanation when a new EP shows up out of nowhere, with no prior indication.

First it was '30 day exclusivity' then, 'timezones and languages' then it was 'lore'. 

Oh and you are correct in one way, I would be more appreciative and understanding of their situation.....

Hidden Content

"Devs are great" in one breath followed by "developers owe me and I deserve something" in the next just makes no sense. That's like saying "I'm not complaining BUT" and then complaining.

At the end of the day, you can be as impatient as you like and nobody will stop you. It's also fine to ask for an update. But to do it while behaving like you are owed it is just flat out unnecessary entitlement.

You also can't speak for every player. Speak for yourself fine, but you aren't the entire 99% of non-fouders, as you put it. So don't speak for them because that only makes you sound all the more entitled, which isn't constructive for discussion on the whys and the why nots regarding information on Umbra. 

Plus, typically, the population of active forum posters is nowhere near representative of the population of the game. 

Edited by Airyllish
My phone hates me but loves typos. Cheers, phone.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Redemption_015 said:

So now you're just twisting it round to say it's our fault for being excited? If DE just delivered, there would be no hype. We can go into a philosophical discussion of 'What came first' if you wish, but we will be here all day.

I'm not twisting anything around. I am openly stating that if people are getting extremely impatient and frustrated and prone to having outbursts about it, that is not on Digital Extremes. They are not hyping or promoting Umbra. They are not making Umbra a focal point of advertisement and the release schedule. They are definitely not 'teasing' anyone with Umbra. Umbra is just this thing which they intend to release eventually, and which people have become excited about even in the absence of advertisement or promotion for it.

Right now, the only people who are 'owed' Umbra are the Chinese Founders. In the future, there will probably be a situation where Digital Extremes do owe you Excalibur Umbra. That situation will be when there is a Prime Umbra Access Pack, and you pay for it.

This is ok.

Just now, Airyllish said:

"Devs are great" in one breath followed by "developers owe me and I deserve something" in the next just makes no sense. That's like saying "I'm not complaining BUT" and then complaining.

At the end of the day, you can be as impatient as you like and nobody will stop you. It's also fine to ask for an update. But to do it while behaving like you are owed it is juat flat out unnecessary entitlement.

You also can't speak for every player. Speak for yourself fine, but you aren't the entire 99% of non-fouders, as you put it. So don't speak for them because that only makes you sound all the more entitled, which isn't constructive for discussion on the whys and the why nots regarding information on Umbra. 

Plus, typically, the population of active forum posters is nowhere near representative of the population of the game. 

Did I say the exact words 'I represent the 99%'? No I didn't. I don't speak for all of them I know that. I'm pointing out that 99% in Warframe, are not Founders. I'm also not saying that the majority of the player-base are on the forums, because I'm not stupid. Do you honestly think I'd be doing this if they just answered those simple questions I posted above? Spoiler free, completely reasonable questions. No I wouldn't, because I'd then understand the situation better and continue to wait, knowing there is a good reason for all of the waiting.

3 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

I'm not twisting anything around. I am openly stating that if people are getting extremely impatient and frustrated and prone to having outbursts about it, that is not on Digital Extremes. They are not hyping or promoting Umbra. They are not making Umbra a focal point of advertisement and the release schedule. They are definitely not 'teasing' anyone with Umbra. Umbra is just this thing which they intend to release eventually, and which people have become excited about even in the absence of advertisement or promotion for it.

Right now, the only people who are 'owed' Umbra are the Chinese Founders. In the future, there will probably be a situation where Digital Extremes do owe you Excalibur Umbra. That situation will be when there is a Prime Umbra Access Pack, and you pay for it.

This is ok.

This all comes down to exclusivity. This is what exclusivity breeds. Toxic. I don't ever want to own an exclusive item because I know how utterly toxic it can make other people around me. Like I said before; the true Founders of Warframe deserve their exclusives, the false Chinese Founders have no right to anything, because the didn't help fund the early game.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Redemption_015 said:

Did I say the exact words 'I represent the 99%'? No I didn't. I don't speak for all of them I know that. I'm pointing out that 99% in Warframe, are not Founders. I'm also not saying that the majority of the player-base are on the forums, because I'm not stupid. Do you honestly think I'd be doing this if they just answered those simple questions I posted above? Spoiler free, completely reasonable questions. No I wouldn't, because I'd then understand the situation better and continue to wait, knowing there is a good reason for all of the waiting.

Uh... Yes. Yes you have been speaking for us all. See below:

29 minutes ago, (PS4)Redemption_015 said:

So the players of the community who are not Founders (99%) are owed an explanation when a new EP shows up out of nowhere, with no prior indication.

I am a non-Fouder player. I am part of that 99% and I am owed nothing. You have, however, been acting like you are entitled to speak for me in a number of your posts.

So there's that.

Beyond such, again, you are entitled nothing. And despite being given examples of times this has happened in other games, proving that situations where setbacks occur happen everywhere and silence is the common response until the developing team are actually READY to discuss subjects, you keep behaving like it is irrelevant simply because you don't like it and the word Umbra wasn't involved.

I get the feeling you would still be here with a different complaint based on your absolute insistence to complain.

7 minutes ago, Airyllish said:

Uh... Yes. Yes you have been speaking for us all. See below:

I am a non-Fouder player. I am part of that 99% and I am owed nothing. You have, however, been acting like you are entitled to speak for me in a number of your posts.

So there's that.

Beyond such, again, you are entitled nothing. And despite being given examples of times this has happened in other games, proving that situations where setbacks occur happen everywhere and silence is the common response until the developing team are actually READY to discuss subjects, you keep behaving like it is irrelevant simply because you don't like it and the word Umbra wasn't involved.

I get the feeling you would still be here with a different complaint based on your absolute insistence to complain.

The 99% have a right to an explanation, whether they want it or not is a different matter. Despite my attempts at saying that this is a different company and game, you seem pretty intent on pretending they're related to other situations when in fact they are not. Before the situation arose, I rarely complained about anything and took everything that happened in the game, in my stride. This situation however, has had me hooked since the beginning, go and check out my history before you attempt to judge someone, it really isn't a good look.

Most mainstream companies do not have a direct relationship with their communities. I don't know of any other game companies that sit down every fortnight and discuss public opinion and new updates. Having said that, when a company this involved with their community goes completely silent, it's suspicious. You get my reasoning now?

We know this is a terribly delicate matter, but going on like the last page or two will probably get the thread locked or at least cleaned to preserve its main purpose, which is to collect info on Umbra and share thoughts about it.

Warframe doesn't revolve around Umbra, it's just one of the many contents being developed, with a surely high place in DE's to-do list but clearly not on top; this can or cannot match our own wishlist or our expectations on the to-do list, but that's valid for every content in this game, it's purely subjective.

9 minutes ago, (PS4)Redemption_015 said:

The 99% have a right to an explanation, whether they want it or not is a different matter. Despite my attempts at saying that this is a different company and game, you seem pretty intent on pretending they're related to other situations when in fact they are not. Before the situation arose, I rarely complained about anything and took everything that happened in the game, in my stride. This situation however, has had me hooked since the beginning, go and check out my history before you attempt to judge someone, it really isn't a good look.

Most mainstream companies do not have a direct relationship with their communities. I don't know of any other game companies that sit down every fortnight and discuss public opinion and new updates. Having said that, when a company this involved with their community goes completely silent, it's suspicious. You get my reasoning now?

No. No, I don't, because you continue to neglect that my comparisons are of the situation at hand and not of the studios.

ArenaNet - developers of GW and GW2 - are also a company that make the extended effort to discuss their game and sometimes throw community shoutouts in developer livestreams. This situation is also commonplace to ArenaNet too - something is mentioned and then we have nothing but silence.

You're so determined to complain and so determined to pretend you are owed something that you intentionally dismiss - with immediate effect and without thinking - anything that disagrees with you. This doubly so if it doesn't include the word Umbra.

I am telling you that these situations are common to EVERY game at least once and often more than once. Developers talk about something - or sometimes even release something then remove it - and then go silent for weeks. Months. Years. It happens to studios of every size and of varying community reputation.

You are owed nothing. This situation is the exact same situation and there is likely more going on behind the scenes - especially since half the argument involves a version of the game on a different client likely moderated and published by a different branch of DE if its even DE at all behind the curtain.

They (DE) will talk about it when it's ready. And unless you work at DE, you can't say when that time is.

(You also contradict yourself repeatedly. "I don't speak for everybody" in one breath followed by "everybody deserves X" in the next, therefore trying to speak for everybody. THAT is what I would class as not a good look, I'm just saying.)

i play since 2 years, and i watched the last dev-stream fully, the first one which i watched from beginning to the end

as always when smth really new is coming, DE dont talk about, as well as they talk about the surrounding, the content around smth really new

im very happy with that the light- and dark-side of the orokin moon will appear with 18.5

and they said smth about that movement skills are needed for, cant wait to play there and it was my dream since the 2nd dream to see how the undestroyed moon looks like

it would be a nice environment to play around until umbra "could possibly" appear in autumn with U 19 ,-)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

13 minutes ago, aoguro_ said:

cant wait to play there and it was my dream since the 2nd dream to see how the undestroyed moon looks like

it would be a nice environment to play around until umbra "could possibly" appear in autumn with U 19 ,-)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Man, U19 wil definitely be before autumn, lol!

1 minute ago, siralextraffo said:

Man, U19 wil definitely be before autumn, lol!

come on !!! i tried hard ^^)

and if i look back to 2015 im not shure with what you say

Hey guys, we understand you are all waiting to hear more about Umbra Excalibur. We had made a small update at the beginning of the year in another Umbra focused thread:

On 1/20/2016 at 11:03 AM, [DE]Danielle said:
Although we appreciate the intrigue we have shared all available plans for Excalibur Umbra at this time on the Forums and in Devstreams #58, #61, #64, and #65. Simply put, we do not want to release Umbra as a reskin. Instead, we are focused on giving it systemic depth and integrating it as a unique component to the game. 
We will continue to update you here on the Forums and in the devstreams as we work to develop Umbra's overall concept. 

Thank you ^.^

Since we're taking a more dynamic approach with the frame development is focused on bringing something new to the game. 

In regards to this thread, please be mindful of how you are addressing other Tenno. Expressing your thoughts on the topic is fine, but insulting and starting arguments with others is not. 

1 hour ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Hey guys, we understand you are all waiting to hear more about Umbra Excalibur. We had made a small update at the beginning of the year in another Umbra focused thread:

Since we're taking a more dynamic approach with the frame development is focused on bringing something new to the game. 

In regards to this thread, please be mindful of how you are addressing other Tenno. Expressing your thoughts on the topic is fine, but insulting and starting arguments with others is not. 

ok good 2 know  xD  to expect Umbra in update18.5  or what?

Edited by Vlada91

1 hour ago, Vlada91 said:

ok good 2 know  xD  to expect Umbra in update18.5  or what?

Probably noooooooot??? Since they haven't mentioned anything about him recently it'd be safe to assume he'd be released around 19 or something...just speculation.

Perhaps this is a 1 big surprise...

New Warframes are slated to be released with Update 18.5.  

it says here that comes more than one frame.... Steve  launches the news on twitter in beginning  in the year 2016: We expect him to go out in 2 months. which means Umbra coming out in March, when update 18.5 comes out... This has some logic, is it not?

a7ko3R5.png

Edited by Vlada91