The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

Excalibur Umbra Prime is EXCLUSIVE to china.

BUT

We will get excalibur Umbra which is Excalibur Umbra prime with PRIME in its name

Essentially the Chinese founders couldn't get excal prime so they took umbra added prime to its name and called it umbra prime

So our Umbra will look nearly exactly like umbra prime

It will have GOLD JUST LIKE UMBRA PRIME

It will likely not have the weird arm things and chin piece but everything else will be the same.

It is pretty much Umbra Prime

Any questions?

Essentially the Chinese founders couldn't get excal prime so they took umbra added prime to its name and called it umbra prime

I'm pretty sure you got that one backwards.

It will likely not have the weird arm things and chin piece but everything else will be the same.

OMG yes please let that actually happen.

Edited by Mcl_BlueMadness

Any questions?

Um yeah, I have one.

It will have GOLD JUST LIKE UMBRA PRIME

I know they've said that the two Warframes will be pretty much identical, but where did you get these oddly specific details?

Yea, but he said that Excal Umbra would Look like Umbra Prime. He never said the name would be Umbra Prime. Or am i just confused. 

All i dont like is the name :P How its Umbra "Prime". TO me it sounds weird. hehe. But if it's Just Umbra and looks like umbra prime. Awsome.

Yeah your right. It will look like Umbra Prime but it won't be Excal Umbra Prime. Must have something to do with it being exclusive to Founders. I just hope that Excal Umbra will still have his scarf when he comes to global.

That's complete speculation, don't misinform people.

Was this thread even necessary? You're not clarifying anything, you're just speculating like the other 99% of the Umbra discussions out there. 

Yeah your right. It will look like Umbra Prime but it won't be Excal Umbra Prime. Must have something to do with it being exclusive to Founders. I just hope that Excal Umbra will still have his scarf when he comes to global.

I hope the scarf (and loincloth) to be turned into separate attachments (I like the scarf but hate the loincloth) being that the 6% difference between umbra and umbra prime.

That's complete speculation, don't misinform people.

Was this thread even necessary? You're not clarifying anything, you're just speculating like the other 99% of the Umbra discussions out there. 

Yeah exactly.

If this is supposed to set the facts straight, stick to the facts. Don't lace it with rampant speculation.

Inevitably, some moron is going to read this, and then when Umbra comes out complain "DE SWORE HE WOULDN'T HAVE CHIN PIECE!!! WAHHH LIARS!!!"

being that the 6% difference between umbra and umbra prime.

I think you're taking this 6% a little too seriously. But I don't blame you, 94 is not exactly something you commonly see. If Steve said something like 99%, people could relax because it's almost a guarantee.

But dammit, 94 is a very specific number.

I do recall Steve mentioning in a tweet (from around August) there would be metal to tint, im assuming he means the trim, but I'm 100% sure they will change the default colours so its not Gold. If not, he means a different tintable metal.

Edited by Demonfr34k

I think you're taking this 6% a little too seriously. But I don't blame you, 94 is not exactly something you commonly see. If Steve said something like 99%, people could relax because it's almost a guarantee.

Even 90% would be less worrying, it is a round value used to say "almost exactly the same" but as you know, he said 94%, being that 6% a small value, but enough to get slightly concerned about it.

We still don't have any info on when we will get Excal Umbra? Not sure if I should use the reactor on my excal :/

About 2 months. I'd rather wait to early april and get amazed if he gets released earlier

Edited by -----LegioN-----

What?

What I'm saying is, it's hard to believe that OUR Excal Umbra will have all of the PRIME metallic trimming that the Chinese Excal Umbra PRIME has, with the only DIFFERENCE being that Their's (The Chinese version) has the word "PRIME" in the name, and OUR'S (The Global build) does not.

And most likely OUR Excal Umbra will resemble the Shadow Stalker in the body, (Since the Shadow Stalker uses the Umbra body model, without the Prime metallic accessories) with a NON Prime (Meaning without the metallic trimming) Excal Umbra helmet. I hope you understand now...

ya they arnt up to date...are they

I read your FAQ, it doesn't tell me anything I don't already know.

What I'm saying is, it's hard to believe that OUR Excal Umbra will have all of the PRIME metallic trimming that the Chinese Excal Umbra PRIME has, with the only DIFFERENCE being that Their's (The Chinese version) has the word "PRIME" in the name, and OUR'S (The Global build) does not.

And most likely OUR Excal Umbra will resemble the Shadow Stalker in the body, (Since the Shadow Stalker uses the Umbra body model, without the Prime metallic accessories) with a NON Prime (Meaning without the metallic trimming) Excal Umbra helmet. I hope you understand now...

I suppose the 6% Steve stated means it will have some visual differences; I mean, they'll probably be barely noticeable, but when you say 94% it's clearly meant to be read "not 99%".

Stalker's body has the Prime metallic trimming but it's recolored. The only thing he doesn't have are the protruding arm crescents but, DE recently showed a picture where he has all of the Prime bits recolored red. So yeah, it's not hard to believe to me.

Either way, the differences will probably be minor.

zAYEexc.jpg

Ikr. I really wonna know how big or small 6% difference is on Excal Umbra from its prime varient. Lol