Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nekros Prime Trailer?

(PSN)meyerclan

2 hours ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Quoting wiki-text for points of lore is an unbelievably terrible idea, as the folks who write the wiki paraphrase the actual information given by the game. This leaves the wiki open to huge misunderstandings. If a player based their entire understanding of the game's lore on the wiki's lore and history article alone, then that player wouldn't have a hope in hell of seeing something like Second Dream coming.

As presented in the actual game information, we have no way of being exactly certain whether or not Margulis was killed before the Warframe project began, but the order of conversations appeared to imply that. It seemed to be the case that Margulis was gone, out of the picture, by the time that Ballas was talking about the 'rejects we consigned to Lua a few years ago."

quick referenced the info as i didnt want to derail the topic due to a snide remark to my initial joke, rather I then directed them to go look at the lore again and i later added that info as an example

Spoiler

As it stands we know for a fact that margulis was around during the tenno operators return (while they were in orokin custody)  and as per second dream we also know from lotus directly stating that she was the one who helped to develop the transference state, for the connection that allows the tennos the ability to control the warframes

further reflect that within the second dream ballas makes remarks that they are devils and should be destroyed to her , this infact states she was around during the time, which lead into the development of again transference, and such things like what may have been involved in  rhino primes lore. 

and then lets look at Saryn primes trailer....were ballas states

• "Margulis, from your winter ashes, there has sprung a field of flowers. Conceived by me, germinated for deadly purpose. You used to dream of old Earth, didn't you? Bathed in gold and solemn blue. I intend to reclaim it now, from the spores and the ruin. It came to me like a proverb: fight poison with poison.

he specifically names her while speaking of the creation of saryn prime, as they are hinted at being lovers and as ballas is already known to be directly involved in the creation of saryn prime and Vauban prime. so not out of the question for them to share info .... but

as the first lines reflect that with her death (ashes...cremation) sprung forth flowers (probably referring to the transference and development of basic surrogate body) into fully functional systems that helped to develop saryn prime. and as we know excalibur prime is the first warframe, so at the very least she probably was around for his conception while not necessarily all the primes 

while we know she died during the orokin era, we know she was at the very least around for transference  example "dream not of what you are but what you

want to be" which kind of aludes to possible dreaming about controlling our warframes 

7 hours ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

quick referenced the info as i didnt want to derail the topic due to a snide remark to my initial joke, rather I then directed them to go look at the lore again and i later added that info as an example

Reveal hidden contents

As it stands we know for a fact that margulis was around during the tenno operators return (while they were in orokin custody)  and as per second dream we also know from lotus directly stating that she was the one who helped to develop the transference state, for the connection that allows the tennos the ability to control the warframes

further reflect that within the second dream ballas makes remarks that they are devils and should be destroyed to her , this infact states she was around during the time, which lead into the development of again transference, and such things like what may have been involved in  rhino primes lore. 

and then lets look at Saryn primes trailer....were ballas states

• "Margulis, from your winter ashes, there has sprung a field of flowers. Conceived by me, germinated for deadly purpose. You used to dream of old Earth, didn't you? Bathed in gold and solemn blue. I intend to reclaim it now, from the spores and the ruin. It came to me like a proverb: fight poison with poison.

he specifically names her while speaking of the creation of saryn prime, as they are hinted at being lovers and as ballas is already known to be directly involved in the creation of saryn prime and Vauban prime. so not out of the question for them to share info .... but

as the first lines reflect that with her death (ashes...cremation) sprung forth flowers (probably referring to the transference and development of basic surrogate body) into fully functional systems that helped to develop saryn prime. and as we know excalibur prime is the first warframe, so at the very least she probably was around for his conception while not necessarily all the primes 

while we know she died during the orokin era, we know she was at the very least around for transference  example "dream not of what you are but what you

want to be" which kind of aludes to possible dreaming about controlling our warframes 

That's fair, but there are two bits of information which very strongly suggest that Margulis was dead before the Warframe project got properly started:

1. Her conversation with Ballas

The day before her trial and execution, Ballas said to Margulis that the Tenno needed to be destroyed. In other words, that must have been well before the Warframe project was close to having any kind of productive outcome, or even really existing, because otherwise why would Ballas be arguing for their destruction? The major point here is that this conversation took place literally the day before her executin. 'Hush, my wilted love. I cannot protect you. Tomorrow, you must renounce before the Seven...."
      Well, we know what happened. She didn't renounce. She called them all a bunch of corrupted, rotten mofos, and they executed her.

2. Our conversation with the Lotus

The Lotus straight up tells us that the Orokin killed Margulis and used her work to create Transference. Not that Margulis created Transference and that the Orokin killed her for it.

Incidentals

After the mention of Margulis' execution, she is simply never heard from again. All mention of the Tenno and the Warframe project, forever afterwards, comes from Ballas, and we know that Margulis was certainly dead by the time of Saryn's creation, and Vauban, as Ballas references his past love for her in both trailers.

In other words, Margulis might have been involved in creating the Warframes.....but there's some hefty evidence suggesting that she was dead before that Project was under way.

I think your right ^.

Margulis figured out that the children could posess a artificial body.

There is a mention of a failure or dissaster, that I think was why the zariman kids were lined up for termination.

What I think is a good guess, is that the children possessed people, driving them insane. Their powers were out of control and blinded Margulis.

Despite this, she somehow got gholems, technocyte creatures likely, and let the Tenno use them.

She presented her work to the Council and they told her to stop. She refused and they excecuted her.

Ballas took the children and sent them to the secret facility where he ordered the work to continue Quietly.

The War broke out and Ballas remembered the children. He gave the order to Davis to lead the gholems to the children who at this time were hooked up to a form of transferrance-chair. He knew they had posessed before, and this time there were failsafes in place.

He got word of sucess and presented the Tenno as his own Project as a Solution to the Sentient-threat (allso his creation) and then it moved forward.

6 hours ago, arch111 said:

I think your right ^.

Margulis figured out that the children could posess a artificial body.

There is a mention of a failure or dissaster, that I think was why the zariman kids were lined up for termination.

What I think is a good guess, is that the children possessed people, driving them insane. Their powers were out of control and blinded Margulis.

Despite this, she somehow got gholems, technocyte creatures likely, and let the Tenno use them.

She presented her work to the Council and they told her to stop. She refused and they excecuted her.

Ballas took the children and sent them to the secret facility where he ordered the work to continue Quietly.

The War broke out and Ballas remembered the children. He gave the order to Davis to lead the gholems to the children who at this time were hooked up to a form of transferrance-chair. He knew they had posessed before, and this time there were failsafes in place.

He got word of sucess and presented the Tenno as his own Project as a Solution to the Sentient-threat (allso his creation) and then it moved forward.

exactly she layed the ground work down and from this we can rationalize that the possible reason the council offed her was that their(orokin council) intended use of the children was a corrupted version of her vision for us

I still find it interesting that in the labs, they crafted too many to count, cut their shell and tested their paintolerance.

These biosoldiers or whatever, was made for war. What if Ballas crafted them with the tenno in mind? He found a relic on Earth, proto Excalibur. From this the first prototypes were crafted,  to eventually be the Excalibur,  Loki, Mag, Ash, Rhino and Volt Primes.

3 minutes ago, arch111 said:

I still find it interesting that in the labs, they crafted too many to count, cut their shell and tested their paintolerance.

These biosoldiers or whatever, was made for war. What if Ballas crafted them with the tenno in mind? He found a relic on Earth, proto Excalibur. From this the first prototypes were crafted,  to eventually be the Excalibur,  Loki, Mag, Ash, Rhino and Volt Primes.

that would make dark sector cannon to waframe in a very evangelion-like way

all waframes came from hayden tenno's corpse  :D

5 minutes ago, Toppien said:

Figuratively perhaps.

If he did exist past legendary rumor, he would have died long before the rise of the Orokin Empire as we knew it.

There is a lot of past tense here. The timeframe involved in all this has the potential to be very large.

Edited by Sloan441
Repetition and lousy sentence structure.

24 minutes ago, Sloan441 said:

Figuratively perhaps.

If he did exist past legendary rumor, he would have died long before the rise of the Orokin Empire as we knew it.

There is a lot of past tense here. The timeframe involved in all this has the potential to be very large.

Easter eggs aside. The Proto Excalibur is old and possibly predates the Orokin.

Its still a warframe.

Dark Sector never happened in warframe. Hayden Tenno is someone else. That still makes a primitive technocyte possible from old Earth.

"You used to dream of old Earth, didnt you? Of gold and solemn blue. I mean to reclaim it now, from the spores and the ruin."

Earth was lost to the technocyte,  before Saryn. Old Earth.

Just a possibly. 

28 minutes ago, arch111 said:

Easter eggs aside. The Proto Excalibur is old and possibly predates the Orokin.

Its still a warframe.

Dark Sector never happened in warframe. Hayden Tenno is someone else. That still makes a primitive technocyte possible from old Earth.

"You used to dream of old Earth, didnt you? Of gold and solemn blue. I mean to reclaim it now, from the spores and the ruin."

Earth was lost to the technocyte,  before Saryn. Old Earth.

Just a possibly. 

but isnt darksector  =/= warframe ? i mean sure the orokin could have had the info on that series of events and tech stored away in some sever (or whatever orokin sue) and stumbled upon it as classified/last ditch effort when trying to find a solution to the sentient issue  

1 hour ago, Toppien said:

id accept that

Hmmm. Across multiple threads, I've seen the idea from a few folks that it would be cool/good/positive/important for the game to have darkSector be canon in some way to Warframe, and that Hayden Tenno should somehow be canonically the 'first Tenno'. So....why, though? I'm not trying to knock the idea, I just don't understand why people like it. For me, the idea has no positive associations. I don't see it as being a good thing to tie Warframe to darkSector as it was made and published back in 2008. (You will note that I am not saying anything about the unmade idea, the shared ancestor of both darkSector and Warframe, the Dark Sectors concept video. That video has more in common with both darkSector and Warframe than either of the two games have in common with each other, and drawing from it would be completely legitimate and interesting.)

Basically, I really just don't get why people like the idea. To me, I don't see any particular merit to it, and implementing it would lock Warframe out of potentially more interesting avenues of exploration.

On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 1:01 PM, Rex13568 said:

I have heard the question on Dark Sectors and is it part of WARFRAME? Steve Sinclair never confirmed that it was, but did say that it influenced the game. I would say that we should treat the two as separate titles and that's it. Is there a connection. DE has not stated specifically that there is a connection other than the look of DS is like that of WF.

Why do I care about Dark Sectors ideas and Heyden Tenno?

Most of us know that Warframe has reused and reinvented Dark Sector. Dark Sector is a trove of inspiration and we have alot of those remade.

The names are both in Warframe - treat them as eastereggs att if you want to - but they are there.

For me personally, it is about the Technocyte itself. Where did it come from? That is never explained. How is it used? We don't know.

I tend to pick up on details and then I can't let them go. For me that is in Rhino Prime Codex, and the creatures they create there.

They craft them and cut their "shells". In Dark Sector the virus created an exoskeleton over the skin, that is what I allways thought of in RPC. That whole part was given to us on purpose, then they just left us with a bunch of question about what a warframe actually is (the are they alive idea) and since DS is a source of inspiration things can still make their way into Warframe. 

Big infested bosses anyone? 

DS was supposed to be DEs dream game but they were not able to fully make it. So when they were on the verge of closing down, they made their dream game Warframe.

Thats why Warframe and DS have a lot in common. Now to all the people that say they are related or the lore somehow features hayden tenno, DS is NOT related to Warframe and the proto skin is only a fun easter egg.

Creating lore based on a fun easter egg skin is the same as creating a theory and why the liset snows during christmas and how the snowman is Vay Hek's frozen corpse or some other BS.

1 hour ago, LorianTheElderPrince said:

Nekros Prime comes out next week and still no trailer in sight :(

I Wonder if Mr.Ballas will drop some new lines that will have us debate for 2 months like last time. I hope it have to do with the Oro or technocyte.

"Immortality they claimed, we shall steal their very shadowy souls, and send Death to their door."

16 hours ago, NightmareT12 said:

Either on Friday or release day.

Looks like the whole War Within and Silver Grove stuff has made DE's animation team take a hit :P

Hardly surprised really. Prime Access isn't their top priority. Still I hope it comes out before the day of release.

On 17/08/2016 at 10:53 AM, BornWithTeeth said:

That's fair, but there are two bits of information which very strongly suggest that Margulis was dead before the Warframe project got properly started:

1. Her conversation with Ballas

The day before her trial and execution, Ballas said to Margulis that the Tenno needed to be destroyed. In other words, that must have been well before the Warframe project was close to having any kind of productive outcome, or even really existing, because otherwise why would Ballas be arguing for their destruction? The major point here is that this conversation took place literally the day before her executin. 'Hush, my wilted love. I cannot protect you. Tomorrow, you must renounce before the Seven...."
      Well, we know what happened. She didn't renounce. She called them all a bunch of corrupted, rotten mofos, and they executed her.

2. Our conversation with the Lotus

The Lotus straight up tells us that the Orokin killed Margulis and used her work to create Transference. Not that Margulis created Transference and that the Orokin killed her for it.

Incidentals

After the mention of Margulis' execution, she is simply never heard from again. All mention of the Tenno and the Warframe project, forever afterwards, comes from Ballas, and we know that Margulis was certainly dead by the time of Saryn's creation, and Vauban, as Ballas references his past love for her in both trailers.

In other words, Margulis might have been involved in creating the Warframes.....but there's some hefty evidence suggesting that she was dead before that Project was under way.

Dark plot twist : Margulis IS Saryn :stalker: