The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Specters of the Rail: U2.1 - Nekros Changes

[DE]Danielle

1 hour ago, Eldritchkitty said:

Except for the part where you need to pump power strength way up, lose efficiency and the only bandaid solution is exceedingly expensive. 

Everything needed is part of the game.

The bandaid solution would be for DE to comply with the whiners so they'll feel better.

20 hours ago, BulletsforTeeth said:

I personally never liked desecrate, aside from the health orb aspect. I kinda wish they'd saved the nerf for the loot part, rather than also nerfing the multiroll and health orb aspect, but I digress. It's still multiple times better for the change.

My main dissapointment comes from the double nerf to SotD. First they knock the number down to a hard cap of 7, under the guise of performance tweaking, which, if for any platform, was for consoles. Then they add health drain which is nigh indisputeably worse than flat duration. Honestly, if they toned down the particles, upped the number to 10-max, and implemented a mechanic where the health drain stops for 5 seconds upon recieving outside damage, I'd be ecstatic. Hell, even if they only implemented the latter I'd be happier than punch.

It was still his Main Catcher, and reason for the majority of reactions lately...

Me, i personall don't rly care about the appearant nerfs... i mean, lets be honest there for a second... sotd looked nicer but it was essencially nothing but a unrelyable moving Snow globe...

Shadows hardly ever approached Battles...did you ever See 7 shadows fighting at the same time? No matter the build? Aggro and health Decay definitly doesn't pair well but theyr main reason for dying is Battle now, not the Decay...

They are less and do less but they actually fight now! This alone makes this double Nerf arguably a buff ...

On 8/20/2016 at 7:38 AM, (PS4)salovel1991 said:

It feels that Nekros posts are being pushed out of sight and out of mind

The changes to Nekros aren't that huge, so players started leaving less and less feedback when they figured out what to do with updated BoneDaddy (I'm no Nekros expert, but I've been running him just fine on exactly the same build I had before) and when we got a big new box of fresh content. It's just the way of things. When was the last time you saw a thread on Atlas feedback?

1 minute ago, SenorClipClop said:

The changes to Nekros aren't that huge, so players started leaving less and less feedback when they figured out what to do with updated BoneDaddy (I'm no Nekros expert, but I've been running him just fine on exactly the same build I had before) and when we got a big new box of fresh content. It's just the way of things. When was the last time you saw a thread on Atlas feedback?

I still see threads on Atlas, so about 2 days ago. My build was forced to change.. I had 190 strength, 140 duration, 100 efficiency, and 100 range. With the same stats post rework my shadows got butchered. So I took off power strength, shadows still butchered. Also I do mean literally butchered because one arson eximus butcher took out 4 shadows. After I just healed them. 

1 hour ago, aerosoul1337 said:

My PC spec is similar to yours.

i7-4790K, GTX980 SC, 16GB RAM.

I can run 400+ FPS for solo runs if I do not cap game FPS.

But when I join a team (as a client) with Nekros' shadows, my FPS is lower than 60 when those shadows are fighting.

400->50 is a huge difference, and it's CPU not GPU load I guess.

To be honest, the lowest FPS I have encountered was 80 for 1.5 year with this PC.

And note that, this problem could be host related.

For testing you should not cap FPS at 60.

Have you tried play as a client yet?

Nah, I just ran my normal setup. I normally get forced into being host when I play with a group of random people. So, I really didn't think to try it. 

6 minutes ago, (PS4)salovel1991 said:

I still see threads on Atlas, so about 2 days ago. My build was forced to change.. I had 190 strength, 140 duration, 100 efficiency, and 100 range. With the same stats post rework my shadows got butchered. So I took off power strength, shadows still butchered. Also I do mean literally butchered because one arson eximus butcher took out 4 shadows. After I just healed them. 

Well, he'd butcher them pre patch anyway, heh.

54 minutes ago, Rebellis said:

Everything needed is part of the game.

The bandaid solution would be for DE to comply with the whiners so they'll feel better.

You have a very elitist attitude to the game, and I only think the changes will make him less accessible as a whole. Throwing around the word "whiners" is both dismissive and insulting. If you can't actually add anything constructive it might be better to not speak up at all hm?

48 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

Hey guys, this should actually be on the PC Performance subforum. Just saying :P

Anywho, I think it's better we summon @[DE]Dmitri, who Iis usually pretty active on that subforum and should know a thing or two.

There was a thread but no one replied.

There are too many other problems being reported every single day.

Too bad we can't merge threads.

39 minutes ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

It was still his Main Catcher, and reason for the majority of reactions lately...

Me, i personall don't rly care about the appearant nerfs... i mean, lets be honest there for a second... sotd looked nicer but it was essencially nothing but a unrelyable moving Snow globe...

Shadows hardly ever approached Battles...did you ever See 7 shadows fighting at the same time? No matter the build? Aggro and health Decay definitly doesn't pair well but theyr main reason for dying is Battle now, not the Decay...

They are less and do less but they actually fight now! This alone makes this double Nerf arguably a buff ...

This post makes it obvious that you never built for SotD.  Pretty much all the posts denying the nerf are from people who never pumped power strength/duration on their Nekros.

6 hours ago, RealPandemonium said:

This post makes it obvious that you never built for SotD.  Pretty much all the posts denying the nerf are from people who never pumped power strength/duration on their Nekros.

Transient+blind Rage for 145 energy drain, Prime Con+narrow, despoil equi Combo for self substain.

They moved, they Shot occasionally but they never rly fought. I even frickin tested it as I unlocked the simul for saryn... i swear to God, it took the shadows longer to kill anything then it took me to clear the entire field with melee saryn after her nerfs fighting Simu Max lvl grineer units....

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

11 hours ago, (PS4)salovel1991 said:

My shadows run across rooms constantly.. To the point I took shield of shadows and additional power strength off. I got tired of baby sitting. Like cats they're gonna do what they want no matter what I do. I actually just let them die now... 

Yeah in the past shield of shadows was a waste due to the way they acted but now with the teleport feature they are better ,considered putting it back on the build but so far haven't really needed it.

Damn. I feel like i am the only one who loves the new SOTD..   For me it's definitively a buff as it's much more effective than before with the appropriate build, so i don't really understand all those complaints about it

1 minute ago, Svidar said:

Damn. I feel like i am the only one who loves the new SOTD..   For me it's definitively a buff as it's much more effective than before with the appropriate build, so i don't really understand all those complaints about it

if you dont understand the complaints, then you dont understand the mechanics behind it and how it was a nerf.

Maybe.

As i can spam SOTD with max power efficency, i don't really feel the health decay. And with 200 power strength, my shadows kill things pretty fast and draw aggro much more than before so yeah, i don't understand complaints.

So i have my little army that i can keep alive without have to recast them letting me defenseless, they draw aggro and they kill things. It's what i was looking for.

Pretty much skipped power strength for my Shield of shadows build. The improved aggro makes stacking power strength a lot less needed in the runs I did. Abusing the damage over time to refresh all shadows for stronger, higher leveled units.

On 19-8-2016 at 5:18 PM, Eldritchkitty said:

Health conversion is hard to get, the sheer amount of hard to acquire mods that are practically required on Nekros is rediculous

Well it takes time. Getting Simaris standing is not exactly hard with the right methods. :/

Sedna Stealth Exterminate gives 200+ standing for almost all units (Drahk being the exception at aboiut 160). A single run a day can fill the standing entirely for a rank 17 player  at the very least and higher as well depending on luck with the spawn amount but they might need a second run.

I'm rank 22 and I need 2 runs usually. But in those Runs I max both my normal standing AND Simaris standing and get about 70% of the daily focus cap.

Again, not hard, just takes time.

4 hours ago, Airwolfen said:

Pretty much skipped power strength for my Shield of shadows build. The improved aggro makes stacking power strength a lot less needed in the runs I did. Abusing the damage over time to refresh all shadows for stronger, higher leveled units.

Well it takes time. Getting Simaris standing is not exactly hard with the right methods. :/

Sedna Stealth Exterminate gives 200+ standing for almost all units (Drahk being the exception at aboiut 160). A single run a day can fill the standing entirely for a rank 17 player  at the very least and higher as well depending on luck with the spawn amount but they might need a second run.

I'm rank 22 and I need 2 runs usually. But in those Runs I max both my normal standing AND Simaris standing and get about 70% of the daily focus cap.

Again, not hard, just takes time.

That's still a lot of work just to be somewhat viable, I feel like Nekros has too much of a ceiling of optimization right now to even somewhat work, and even then, I can't think of much he can do. I just hope they tweak him soon.