The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nekros desecrate nerf

_planforwar_

What really needs a fix is Shadow Shield.  I wholly understand why they reduced shadow count (one of my friends plays the game on a practical toaster), and besides, leading a small elite team is far more ninja-y than charging in with a horde of random mooks.  However, shadow shield needs to be updated to accommodate the smaller number, like despoil was updated for the new desecrate.  Increase the shield-per-ghost to 13% so that the build works like it used to please.  Right now Shadow-Nekros is so dead I don't think Soul Survivor could bring him back.

4 hours ago, DzeraDragonbane said:

"Undead DJ"

Great! Now I kinda want the old desecrate for 1 mission while using that perspective.

Was my perspective the whole time, I only played him to desecrate and loved how I could make it look like he was "scratching" when rapid firing 3

After multiple "fixes" that reduced the effectiveness of loot squads I've laid him to rest and moved on to my actual favorite frame at least until the "this sucks, I don't get it" crowd nags it into ruin lol

Yeah, I'm disappointed too. I can understand people saying the old Desecrate was boring and kept you spinning corpses in a corner, and I'd agree with that... But the new Desecrate is just as boring but with added mobility... But if the Desecrate had to become so very underpowered just as a tradeoff for the added mobiliy, I'd rather have the old Desecrate back. At least that Desecrate made me feel usefull and rich.

4 hours ago, Kothophed said:

Increase the shield-per-ghost to 13% so that the build works like it used to please.  Right now Shadow-Nekros is so dead I don't think Soul Survivor could bring him back.

Its effected by Power Strenght already.

7 hours ago, (PS4)AllOrNothinDays said:

Only thing I don't like is the lower number of undead I liked having a jumbo sized army surrounding me. Maybe a mod could come out to give you more I guess but oh well. 

Trust me this is better.

-priority for tougher enemies

and

-the utility, heal/teleport, AND aggro 

they actually work work fine as meat shields and with 217% power strength they can take a hit and chip away at enemies just fine  or protect me with that 90% damage reduction.

I just ran some tests... and my veredict is...

Desecrate got buffed.

No, I kid you not:

I ran with Despoil and Shield of Shadows, althought people like Health Conversion, I'm finding out that Energy Conversion is better for a "General" build.

Nekros with Despoil and Equilibrium... believe me, you wont need Rejuvenation, Energy Siphon or Zenurik once you get the train going, every Health Orb will give you energy, so you can keep the Shadows up with relative ease, and Energy Orbs are abundant if you run with 3 other people, you can top, and also: you have to remember that the Health Orbs recover 25 HP, I'm using only Streamline (7 health per body) and I've never got my health bellow 650.

Now, why I said Energy Conversion? Because I want my Shadows and the damage reduction from Shield of Shadows to be as strong as possible without using too much energy, its a General Build after all.

On 8/12/2016 at 7:00 PM, _planforwar_ said:

Has anyone noticed desecrate has now become next to useless for Nekros.

Also despoil doesn't actually work (although costs nothing) and shield of shadows functions very differently.

I can't seem to find anything in release notes about it? Has anyone seen anything about this?

actually, I have noticed no nerf. I have found him quite op with his desecrate as it's so easy to use now with despoil build. and with a correct build, shield of shadows build is still op

On 12.8.2016 at 4:03 PM, Rilasis said:

Who cares?  Nekros is playable now.  You can do other things other than spamming the 3 button.  It's a huge buff, in my opinion.  Plus with smeeta kavats, farming for rare resources has become unnecessary, so overall I think the changes are excellent.  

Yeah, he is a playable now. There is just the small problem that the difference in loot between having a Necros in your parts and not having a Necros in your party is soooo low now that you might as well play a warframe that isn't as weak as Necros...

I tested the new Desecrate and my guess is that it gives around 30% more loot compared to not having a Necros... The inability to retry desecrating a body multiple times + the slow desecrate speed that leads to a lot of bodies disappearing before you even get a chance to desecrate them adds up to a MASSIVE DECREASE in additional loot.

Edited by ----Fenrir----

For every enemy kill near Nekros gains 5 health, and if you have max efficiency on nekros with despoil.

It only costs 12 health so if 3 enemies die with in the 5-10 meter aura, so that is 3x5 health that is 15 right there and if not you have close to 56% chance of orbs dropping. So that is another 25x3 (if you get all 3 to drop health that is 75 extra health).

You might not be noticing the lose from despoil and the damage taken compared to what you gain with the passive and the health orbs.

On 12/08/2016 at 1:40 PM, (PS4)Akuma_Asura_ said:

Being back the garunteed health orbs !!! Or at least make it 90% chance or something ! What am I suppose to do with equilibrium, despoil , health conversion , arcanes ect. Messed up all that work 

Exactly. There was build that basically was really good that depended on the health orbs.

The Desecrate change is a huge nerf, plain and simple.

I said so in the sticky megathread five minutes after the Nekros changes went live (and got scolded by a community moderator), so I tested Nekros for half an hour and discovered it was actually a far bigger nerf than I'd thought it would be, since corpses that fail the roll are consumed. I returned to the sticky thread and posted that fact, and I posted about it on the Warframe subreddit also, since very few people seemed to realize how huge the nerf actually was. That self-post received hundreds of comments.

It's been a few days now, and the DEfense force is still saying it's a "fair trade" for not having to press 3.

I say it's not a fair trade. There's no longer any reason to bother with Nekros since he's totally outclassed offensively, defensively, and CC-wise by many other Warframes (some in all three areas). The Hydroid nerf was one thing, but this is just ridiculous. I have tons of resources personally and rarely have to farm anymore, but it aggravates me to see DE systematically increasing the grind for new players. That will lead to fewer new players, not more platinum sales.

I'll say this though, it was awfully brave of DE to release these changes so long before Nekros Prime Access.

2 hours ago, ----Fenrir---- said:

Yeah, he is a playable now. There is just the small problem that the difference in loot between having a Necros in your parts and not having a Necros in your party is soooo low now that you might as well play a warframe that isn't as weak as Necros...

I tested the new Desecrate and my guess is that it gives around 30% more loot compared to not having a Necros... The inability to retry desecrating a body multiple times + the slow desecrate speed that leads to a lot of bodies disappearing before you even get a chance to desecrate them adds up to a MASSIVE DECREASE in additional loot.

Weak?  Nekros is a great Self and Team Tank (Shield of shadows + Aggro on Shadows), CC (Creeping Augment), and Loot harvester (Despoil + Equilibrium).  I will grant you that he is by no means the absolute best, but that 90% damage reduction really, REALLY helps even in High End sorties I don't think I've ever gone down with all of my shadows up and when I need to revive a team-mate?  I can just drag my summons over to me with a quick cast and provide a bit of cover for myself and my team-mate when he/she does get revived.

True, the new Desecrate WAS nerfed, from 90% to 54% and no re-rolls allowed but this isn't that bad as Desecrate seems to have Mesa's Peacemaker in terms of wind up, it starts slow and then chugs away as far as I could see.  If all else fails, Hydroid can finally take the spotlight as a dedicated farmer now but Nekros has several roles now that he can play at once and not feel like he/she is hogging his full potential from his team (if you for instance wanted to be a Summoner Nekros, people wont end up harrassing you for desecrate as much anymore)

I haven't spent lot of time on him, not before I get Nekros Prime, but I can tell it's definitely a buff not nerf, though it may still need some tweaks. Previously a desecrate Nekros has to be pinned in place and can't do sh@t because of the animation, only after this change a desecrate Nekros player can actually "play" this game not watching animation like a BS ash does.

On 8/12/2016 at 10:11 AM, (PS4)Akuma_Asura_ said:

And there goes my @(*()$ build de ..

health orbs were a keystone . Nice for you to mess up another one of my frames keep it up . Now you just have nezha & Chroma to dismantle 

I personally like the changes....

But, the bright side for you would be I suppose that we in console land won't be getting the Nekros changes for a bit yet...