The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Have ive been modding wrong all along?

Very recently, i finished building my lex prime, and like normal, i ranked it to 30, potatoed it, and was extremely dissapointed when i found sucked. I was hitting very low numbers with my crit build, and was frankly surprised that so many people claimed this weapon was a beast. So, i looked up a build video to see i was building wrong. Instead of stacking status on status, i was working for a crit build. Once i added my 4 stat mods to add radiation and blast, i was blown away at its damage output. I use cassini on saturn to test my builds, and my lex was one shotting all but napalms all the way up to 25 minutes. Even then, it only would take 2-3 shots. 

Have ive been modding wrong all along? Should i just stack status mods, even if there is a low status chance, just because it adds more damage?

edit: just realized i said blast and radiation. Meant blast and corrosive. As for numbers, my crit build had the damage at about 770 with a crit chance of 55% and damage of 4.4x 

my status build has a damage of 440, with corrosive adding 540 and blast adding 340. Status is at 67% if im not mistaken (doing this all from memory atm. Will update when i get on to play)

while im at it, anyone have a good opticor build? 

Edited by (PS4)CommanderC2121
Confusion

The issue is easy to explain. You mixed up elemental damage with status effects. If you add elemental mods your weapon does elemental damage. It doesnt matter if you have any status chance or not. Status chance on the other hand tells you if you have any chance for a status proc on an enemy. Every elemental and base damage has its own proc. But the damage and the proc are different things.

If you didnt use any elemental mods, its not suprising that you didnt do much damage as they add up realy quickly.

I think you're confusing status chance with elemental damage. You don't need high status chance to do elemental damage. When you make a crit build, you use elemental mods.

fd7ltf.jpg

This build is a crit build and use elemental mods. Without elemental mods, your damage will always be subpar. I'm NOT increasing my STATUS CHANCE, I'm increasing my ELEMENTAL DAMAGE

Edited by -SDM-NerevarCM

1 hour ago, ShiraHagane said:

I'm actually so confused as to how you could possibly have LESS damage with a crit build than with a status build, the entire point of a crit build is that it does more damage

status can actually become very relevant past 100, high corrosive burns away armored enemies fast 

but in all honesty a crit/stat build can be very effective in general

Just now, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

status can actually become very relevant past 100, high corrosive burns away armored enemies fast 

but in all honesty a crit/stat build can be very effective in general

I highly doubt the OP is at the point where status surpasses crit, although as others pointed out, he may have confused status with elemental damage

you don't need to stack status. There's a lot of misunderstanding with status in warframe:

Status chance: This donates the chance for a status proc, not the damage itself. For example, if you have corrosive on your lex, but you only have 14% status, the damage you do will always be corrosive (striping Armour) but the actual corrosive proc only happens with a 14% chance.

Status chance is not that important. If you simple have a crit build with the two corrosive mods or two rad mods or two whatever mods, you're going to get massive dmg output.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)lhbuch said:

Radiation and blast?

Radiation is actually really good against higher-leveled Grineers (Bombards, Napalm, etc.) Blast, though - not so sure :p

And to reiterate what everyone else had said: Radiation don't have to make the little Grineer dance, it just has to hurt his feelings inside.

1 minute ago, Beggining said:

Radiation is actually really good against higher-leveled Grineers (Bombards, Napalm, etc.) Blast, though - not so sure :p

And to reiterate what everyone else had said: Radiation don't have to make the little Grineer dance, it just has to hurt his feelings inside.

But not together on a Lex prime.

In addition to the comments above about the misunderstanding between elemental damage and status chance, the OP also makes me think that there may be a misunderstanding of crit builds as well.  If you did it right, Lex P should still be a monster.  You may want to research damage 2.0 in general before you forma anything else.

28 minutes ago, Sixty5 said:

The Lex Prime is pretty garbage with a crit build unless you have maxed out primed mods. 

You are better just stacking raw elemental damage until then. 

Certain status procs can also help. 

Spoiler

03375614.png

Op, mind to share screenshot of your build? I have no idea how your crit build could not work. Lex Prime is crit beast even when you don't use prime mods

Edited by Slaviar

6 minutes ago, Slaviar said:
  Hide contents

03375614.png

Op, mind to share screenshot of your build? I have no idea how your crit build could not work. Lex Prime is crit beast even when you don't use prime mods

Im unsure how to post pictures from my ps4, and id rather not waste your time with a crappy phone picture. Is there a site i can use instead?

Lex prime w/o primed mods...

If you think you're modding wrong just try something like this, basic crit chance, and high dmg mods w/ status mods because they're really there just for bonus damage.

Edited by NinjaManTR
It's all about dem headshots with the lex

for some reason i cant upload my 6 forma build, the button doesnt work to attach it, but its prime crit mods prime heat, hornet strike the 2 multi shot mods, ice storm and poison to make viral, will upload the pic if it starts working. it kicks &#!, and is my go to secondary for hitting hard, elements can be switched out, and ice storm is just my preference for more shots.

Edited by cannonfodder1982