Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Latron Wraith or Latron Prime?

(PSN)robonot2

Question

15 answers to this question

I disagree that the weapons are bad choices. Both are moderately high crit weapons that reward accuracy, especially if you have access to the Argon Scope/Bladed Rounds options.
My personal favourite of the two is the Latron Prime for a mix of aesthetic and feel reasons, but both will perform well up to extremely high levels if you put the forma in to build them properly.

What are you all smoking? Latron Wraith and Prime both are easily end game weapons. Both of them out burst-DPS a Soma Prime (but lose at sustained, but note Soma Prime is the king of sustained). They also both have better ammo economy than the aforementioned Soma.

They both also out-DPS Dex Sybaris which, while not an the best weapon, is pretty darn powerful.

The difference is pretty simple, Latron Wraith wins the DPS game against Prime but due to its higher fire rate and high recoil it is harder to maintain that higher DPS. It also has the silence in its favor but how often do you really need that? Also don't forget that both weapons have above average status which is great for late-game stuff.

Sure, I guess it is not a S. Simulor or Tonkor, but if you can hit those head shots you can out-DPS most of those "aimless" guns in the game.

Edit: After doing more math, Latron Wraith actually sh!ts all over Prime... kinda sad really. Wraith deals more average damage per shot (by a small margin) than Prime.

Edited by DrBorris

Latron Prime deals around 35% more flat, base damage; Latron Wraith has almost double the crit chance (meaning it actually deals far more damage, and more reliably), fires more quickly, and is silent.

The Latron Wraith is the superior choice for all applications, except possibly shooting things that are immune to criticals.

I only use the Latron Wraith with Banshee's Sonar, though. The damage is awful otherwise unless you're shooting low-level enemies.

Edited by Kastorius

1 hour ago, DrBorris said:

but lose at sustained, but note Soma Prime is the king of sustained

You mean the Vaykor Hek is the king of both burst and sustained DPS? It has so much burst that it beats everything else in sustained too (50k+ with seeking fury, could go even higher) even with the long reload - dunno about your builds, but i can't build a soma that has over 30k sustained even with argon scope/bladed rounds. Soma has the range advantage tohugh.

Out of the latrons, i'd go with the wraith, because it is more consistent.