Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Whip? (Not counting Blade and Whip)

Zahnrad

Question

I'm aware of the Secura Lecta but, as it stands now. Which is the best whip out of the current three?

Scoliac (Infested)

Lecta (Corpus)

Atterax (Grineer)

While I could go for any other weapon type, I want to go back to the Whips as it was one of the first melee weapons I had crafted but then never got back to it.

15 answers to this question

Atterax with Coiling Viper. (They are both bad I just find Burning Wasp worse)

• Primed Pressure Point -- Body Count -- Blood Rush -- Berserker
  • 90% Element -- 90% Element -- Organ Shatter -- Primed Reach

Also, never build a melee without elementals. It will always be stronger than pure physical mods.

Atterax beats all of those, but there's a syndicate Lecta coming soon (Secura I think?), it might be better or on par with Atterax.

But even if the stats rival with Atterax, you can never be cool without a meat grinder in your hands.

I use the scoliac for super fast slide attacks only. It's not very strong but it is quite fun. Similar range as Orthos prime but faster animation. Good for slide attacking the star chart. I found the Atterax slide attacks to be kinda odd, either it has shorter range or a jank hitbox idk @_@ .

Atterax for sure.

If you don't mind spamming slide attacks and nothing but slide attacks, then Blood Rush + Body Count + Maiming Strike will turn this whip into one of the best weapons in the game. Like, "move-aside-Tonkor-there's-a-new-sheriff-in-town" best. It's that good.

Until the new Lecta comes out, going to have to repeat the Atterax sentiment. Best stats by far. But it's also the reason I won't use whips, really don't like how it looks, so I'm looking forward to the Syndicate version of the Lecta.

Edited by Ceryk

Atterax doesn't just have a high crit chance.

It's MR 2 and has easier to acquire materials (the most difficult being Argon), which can make it an earlier weapon.

Its damage isn't incredible in early game without proper mods (as it shouldn't be) but it scales incredibly. As your mods get better its damage goes up, it crits more often and with a higher multiplier, and procs more reliably. At the higher levels you can speed it up with Berserker and send its range to the moon with Primed Reach. You can give it a dedicated melee set with Acolyte mods or a slide attack build with Maiming Strike.

Atterax isn't just the best whip, it's one of the best weapons in the game, both for end-game performance and how a weapon should progress in terms of balance.

I do have to recommend Burning Wasp over Coiling Viper though. Burning Wasp's Sparking Torture is easy to execute and allows for 3 chances to strike in a large area for x2 damage, which means 3 separate chances for a x2 crit Slash proc across an entire group.