The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A more "constructive" version of "Thanks DE for Ruining Nekros", with a few other ideas.

(XBOX)GAMEW1ENER

After my last post was locked for "lacking constructive feedback" I decided to make a more constructive version!

Lets face it, Nekros in the past was like a god walking amongst mere mortals. Now we have a politically correct version of Nekros. Although to make him more politically correct lets look at some of the key points of customization and mods in Warframe.

Mods allow you to fine-tune your Warframe, weapons, sentinel, kubrow, etc. into your ideal playing style.

The real problem with the new Nekros is there is now only one real build for Nekros.

I stressed an avid concern yesterday about SoTD being nerfed, and my view still stands; therefore, I will not re-iterate something that everyone already knows.

If you want to look at just about every Warframe, there are two, if not three, different ways to build them. Nekros is now limited to requiring flow for despoil/descecrate when he did not need it before, there is less emphasis on power duration, however power efficiency and power strength are now more necessary than ever for Nekros to "work". Soul punch is from my understanding the same, so power efficiency+power strength doubles as a way to rapid SP spam, groovy. But do you realize we have already filled about 5 of his 8 slots to accomodate? Rest of the slots get used for Aug mods/defense mods, so we are now stuck with only one real way to effectively utilize Nekros. Not that it is the worst thing done from a "PBR" Treatment. But the issue still stands. I will be curious to see what sets apart the Nekros Prime in terms of passives, hopefully DE will think really hard about this, as well as everyone else's griefs with the update. I will always miss the ability to summon an army with my Nekros, especially since he looked so awesome doing it. So moving forward.

I have a clan that I own with 230 members. I ask them about what they think about certain things. Now I will take into account some of their MR is not high enough for me to accredit them as a reliable and "aware" source, but the consensus remains the same: the Void has left many confused about how to properly execute or farm items. 

I am not going to ask DE to change the void, because frankly, I have everything I want already and DE is not going to change something because "I think its a good idea". I see the reasoning behind it; however, there is simply not enough instruction IN GAME of how the new void system works, especially when you take people who are new, or are already used to simply 1. acquiring key,2. using key in navigation,3. having chance of getting item at end. I have even heard some people saying they are quitting the game because they simply do not understand the mechanics of the game anymore. Do not let this linger DE. I root for you guys and expect you to accommodate ALL of your players.

The third part of this is an idea I have had for Hydroid for quite some time. Changing Tempest Barrage to something a bit more.. "Interesting"

Imagine a Tempest Barrage, same concept; however, instead of a small water missile, medium-size water globes that fall down. When they impact an enemy they absorb the enemy, rolls around a bit (could be a fixed duration or one aided by power duration), either mops up more enemies or knocks down others that come into contact after initial landing. And does "Undertow damage" to the enemy(ies) captured within. Cool right?

Other feedback/ideas:

1. Clan dojo voice chat

2. Clan dojo wall display items, such as projections, "TV" images, a ring shaped decoration, and some form of carpeting/alternative flooring (could be sm, med, lg)

3. Allowing users in clan dojo arena to wager credits/plat

4. Allowing some form of clan conclave or "tactical" match with some pre-fabricated scenarios

5. Making higher volume clan lists easier to scroll through, particularly for Clan Leader "Maintenence", as of now every time you interact with a clan member in "Clan list" it defaults the cursor back to top of screen.

6. Sortie missions in archwing state.

7. More enemies spawning in "new void"

8. More room for clan MoTD.

9. A sign or post-type decoration for Clan Dojo.

Thanks for reading and considering. Leave feedback below.

Love,

GAMEW1ENER

58 minutes ago, 1tsyB1tsyN1nj4 said:

The problem with Nekros is that DE pulled one over on everyone by secretly adding duration via bleedout over time to Shadows

You know that when developing literally anything if something seems wrong or out of place, it gets changed last second, yeah?

I had my shadows with 130% power strength cream Shadow Stalker, imagine if they lasted forever, the power creep would be absolutely insane.

The only real issue I have with the rework is the lack of UI indication that my Shadows are getting low on HP.

1 minute ago, 1tsyB1tsyN1nj4 said:

The problem with Nekros is that DE pulled one over on everyone by secretly adding duration via bleedout over time to Shadows

I made this clear in my last post. This is why power efficiency is now important. I think its interesting to have a devstream mention this super cool "infinite amount of time" on summons to not mention a hp bleed debuff. . would think that would be kinda important

3 minutes ago, 1tsyB1tsyN1nj4 said:

On top of reducing the damage potential of SotD by ~50-60 percent without any compensation whatsoever. 

One huge plus of the nekros changes is that it inadertedly solved his kill count issue, now that you can maintain shadows instead of being forced to let them die (as well as the 7 count cap, but hey, silver lining to the dark cloud) nekros doesn't need to worry nearly as much about how many kills he's racking up for SotD.

Just throwing that out there.

9 minutes ago, (XB1)GAMEW1ENER said:

The real problem with the new Nekros is there is now only one real build for Nekros.

What, like the old Nekros? Speak for yourself. I've been using a SoTD aug and Despoil hybrid build even before the reworks. And it's done little to hinder my build now as I don't have to stand still and spam Desecrate whilest his ult was up, and not to mention I don't need Natural Talent anymore. Like @at35z I highly disagree OP.

Just now, NoXHeart said:

One huge plus of the nekros changes is that it inadertedly solved his kill count issue, now that you can maintain shadows instead of being forced to let them die (as well as the 7 count cap, but hey, silver lining to the dark cloud) nekros doesn't need to worry nearly as much about how many kills he's racking up for SotD.

Just throwing that out there.

True, But with something as destructive as a Synoid Simulor, kill count was the last thing on my mind.

15 minutes ago, (XB1)GAMEW1ENER said:

Now I will take into account some of their MR is not high enough for me to accredit them as a reliable and "aware" source,

All MR means is those players have spent time leveling things. This is NOT equal to a merit badge or mark of intelligent experience within the game. And to dismiss an MR<5 as irrelevant because of that is silly. There is equal intelligence and equal stupidity in high and low MR ranks within Warframe.

I won't address the rest of your post because plenty others will. That one piece in particular bugged me, though. Especially with you as a warlord of a particularly large clan.

6 minutes ago, (XB1)GAMEW1ENER said:

I made this clear in my last post. This is why power efficiency is now important. I think its interesting to have a devstream mention this super cool "infinite amount of time" on summons to not mention a hp bleed debuff. . would think that would be kinda important

Probably because after them testing it, they found out it was OP. There was no drain in the dev build.

However, it is still a nerf. Before your shadows were just as strong till they died, now if you wait till the end of your "duration" (which is about the same) your shadows will be easily killed. I would just cut the drain in half and be done with it.

1 minute ago, Man_In_Suitcase said:

What, like the old Nekros? Speak for yourself. I've been using a SoTD aug and Despoil hybrid build even before the reworks. And it's done little to hinder my build now as I don't have to stand still and spam Desecrate whilest his ult was up, and not to mention I don't need Natural Talent anymore. Like @at35z I highly disagree OP.

You say speak for yourself, yet you mention the EXACT same build I am saying is now the only option to build Nekros now?

Wow..

11 minutes ago, (XB1)GAMEW1ENER said:

Over they years, they have made it very clear that things said on DevStreams are subject to change and that they were still working on balancing the Nekros changes. In the time between that stream and the update, they obviously thought that they needed to make some changes and they aren't going to do a special, unscheduled DevStream to update players on the Finalization of things they clearly stated were still WIP. That's what Patch Notes are for.

Edited by Ceryk

9 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

Proof of those numbers?

They reduced the cap to 7 minions whereas before you could have up to 20, since the game remembers up to the last 20 enemies you've killed. That is a 65% reduction to the maximum size of the army, and the damage multipliers haven't been changed since U15.12. 

Edited by Gurpgork

2 minutes ago, Geraaltix said:

All MR means is those players have spent time leveling things. This is NOT equal to a merit badge or mark of intelligent experience within the game. And to dismiss an MR<5 as irrelevant because of that is silly. There is equal intelligence and equal stupidity in high and low MR ranks within Warframe.

I won't address the rest of your post because plenty others will. That one piece in particular bugged me, though. Especially with you as a warlord of a particularly large clan.

If you are MR 5 in the game. There is NO way you have played the game long enough to understand the complexities and undertones of the game. 

Im sorry if this offends you. But it is not possible. Unless they have played on another platform with a higher rank.

1 minute ago, (XB1)GAMEW1ENER said:

If you are MR 5 in the game. There is NO way you have played the game long enough to understand the complexities and undertones of the game. 

Im sorry if this offends you. But it is not possible. Unless they have played on another platform with a higher rank.

Sorry, but no. You can spend thousands of hours in the game, never ranking up, and still be an experienced player. This is false.

3 minutes ago, Ceryk said:

Over they years, they have made it very clear that things said on DevStreams are subject to change and that they were still working on balancing the Nekros changes. In the time between that stream and the update, they obviously thought that they needed to make some changes and they aren't going to do a special, unscheduled DevStream to update players on things they clearly stated were still WIP. That's what Patch Notes are for.

Understood, yet they shouldn't be upset when there is disappointment created in the Void between dev updates, and PR release

Edited by (XB1)GAMEW1ENER
misspell

It'd all be better if it was a flat 33 second refreshable duration that could be increased with duration mods instead of the health drain, right now they are not only duration based, but they slowly become less effective over time, which is not really good since they already draw most of the aggro.

5 minutes ago, (XB1)GAMEW1ENER said:

Wow that is so innacurate, I can't even.... 

58 minutes ago, (XB1)GAMEW1ENER said:

Sure. Lets apply that logic to any MMO on this planet and see if it still holds weight

I hate to burst your bubble, but this isn't even really a traditional MMO. I have a few friends who are barely at MR7 because they found a few weapons and frames they liked and stuck to them.

This game isn't comparable to any other MMO.