Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

OK, clearly DE aren't understanding WHY we Nullifiers get so much hate

TARINunit9

1 hour ago, TARINunit9 said:

(If anyone knows Scott's handle, please forward this to him)

So let me spell this out as unambiguously as possible:

WE ALREADY KNOW WHY NULLIFIERS EXIST. WHAT WE HATE IS THAT THEY'RE A TERRIBLE, HORRIBLE EXECUTION OF AN OTHERWISE OK IDEA

What's that? Nullifiers exist to make us change our playstyle and be less reliant on instantly killing everything by spamming our powers? Why yes, we in fact DID already understand that! It's obvious to all of us! That's not what we hate about them. The hate comes from a very bad execution of that idea

Exhibit A: Players who rely too much on powers aren't the only people getting "punished"
Anything that has to charge, as well as Sniper Rifles, is getting rapidly left in the dust in this game; Nullifiers are exacerbating that issue even further. There's a reason the meta is Boltor Prime and Synoid Simulor. The game is set up so that your weapon TYPE is up to your personal preference and only your MOD LOADOUT is the part you need to adapt with for each enemy faction.
Speaking of charge weapons and mods, wasn't there a Miter mod in the pipeline that would insta-pop Nullie bubbles on a charge shot? Anyone remember that?

Exhibit B: They barely even work
Filling the battlefield with Simulor balls and detonating them when a Nullifier walks close will kill Nullies with little hassle. Exalted Blade still shrinks Nullie bubbles and kills them. That's two of the four things Nulllies are meant to stop the abuse of (the others being Ash and Ember). Even the intended solution (toxic melee damage) is far too easy to implement, removing the last vestige of "challenge" from Nullies and leaving only the "obtuse and unfun"

Exhibit C: You've already created better options. Why not use them?
Scrambus units are fast, nullify SOME powers, are tanky but still weak-ish to toxic melee damage, and have dangerous weapons that can be avoided with actual skill. Also you cna stop their nullifier fields by shooting their helmets off, which unlike Nullies doesn't discriminate against weapon type and scales far better with level. Isolator Bursas have a little too much going for them (one-hit-kill shotgun AND 6 second stun attack AND scorpion harpoon AND Nullifier Grenades?) but the Nullifier Grenades themselves are a much better concept than Nullifier Shields ever were

The verdict: Nullifiers are a terrible bandaid solution to a problem that could be solved much better. It's time for that to actually happen

(I realized that every time someone spells this out, it's not as the OP of a thread, but somewhere in the replies. It's time to rectify that too)

I DON"T HATE NULLYFYING UNITS BUT I REALLLLLYY HATE THE BUBLESS!!!!

I would prefer corpus spamming scrambus units instead of Nullyfiying Bubblessss

This is render my weapon selection into anything other than sniper, bow, or grenade launcher and force me into a melee combat all the time. 

6 minutes ago, Beggining said:

Eeexcept when you're playing a frame who's very dependant on their abilities to survive (Nyx, Ivara, Mesa, Nova, etc.)

I don't have any problems with Nullies while playing as Ivara with a bow.  Even after the OP's reasons, I still don't see all the butthurt people have for Nullies.  Before anyone says I must not play them at higher levels, I do and also had no problems with them in the Bow only sortie.  The same Bow only sortie exterminate where half the enemies where nullies.  

I get that they do hurt sniper rifle users.  But then going into a high level mission without having a complimentary weapon loadout doesn't sound like smart tactical play to me.  Comba/Scrambas are more of a problem for me as an Ivara player than nullies due to their speed and lack of visual ques.  

Just my 2 plat worth.  

SLIDE MELEE.

SHOOT THEM WITHIN BUBBLE

POP WITH A FULL AUTO SECONDARY

omg people who refuse to mention the many ways of easilly nullifying nullifiers, and instead cry how much they make the game unplayable should just..idk stop playing if it's that big of a problem. 

Kill them and THEN you can continue your Blade Storm spam

15 minutes ago, hazerddex said:

who said focus my mind on the rocket i just ignore them they are that small a threat  the way i play the game is to not sit around picking my nose but to keep  moving never stop move all the time run gun and rip and tear though enemies in my way  i will RECORD A VIDEO OF HOW MUCH THEY DONT SEEK YOU for you if you want me to

Alright, well the only conclusion I can make is that you're a superhuman cyborg that when you play vidya games you can practically hit everything but nothing can hit you. Got it.

More than annoying, I find them visually unpleasant as f*k. 

AND THE BUBBLE PASSES THROUGH WALLS AND GROUND !  

Sorry. 

(Again, replace them with a proxy which brings a front shield, protecting enemies behind him from powers and gunfire, can eventually throw nullifying grenades to dig holes in our powers instead of suppressing them, and mass product the damn hyenas for intense battles !)

Well as many have posted if you want a slow firing primary a good idea is a faster firing secondary or jumping in and smacking them (if there is an ancient smack ancient first)  if  someone in your group can't do this well I don't know what to say.

Nullifiers are a minor nuisance at best nothing more.

13 minutes ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

SLIDE MELEE.

SHOOT THEM WITHIN BUBBLE

POP WITH A FULL AUTO SECONDARY

omg people who refuse to mention the many ways of easilly nullifying nullifiers, and instead cry how much they make the game unplayable should just..idk stop playing if it's that big of a problem. 

You lost at me at "MANY" ways.

Melee inside bubble. That's one.

Shoot bubble. That's... two.

WAOW. A WHOLE TWO WAYS TO KILL THEM! OMAGAD! SO MANY POSSIBILITIES!

Sorry, I can't take what you say seriously. I tried real hard. I just cant.

Melee is all good and dandy, but if you use a frame that relies on self buffs, you're kinda not too keen on diving into the very thing that will instantly take that away. Not to mention, once enemy scaling reaches the crosseyed threshold, it's not an option, especially for frames that rely on the forementioned buffs to simply stay alive OUTSIDE of the bubbles. So imagine being INSIDE one, without the buffs, point blank range with sudden Death looking at you square in the eyes with a big ol' smile. Not very tempting if you value your life.

You can also shoot the bubble, provided your weapon has a decent enough firerate. Hell, it works even with slow firing weapons, it's just boring and tedious. The problems start when nullies overlap, and are Arctic Eximi, it gets a tad ridiculous IMO. And it happens surprisingly often at higher levels. It's not a problem for high firerate weapons, naturally very resilient frames (or suicidal players), but for slow firing weapons, it sucks, hard. There taking at least one spitfire type weapon is not an option, it's a necessity. Not the best way to promote the diversity of weapons you have in your game, if you ask me. The whole "Ninjas play free" takes one in the balls here methinks. Unless the "free" part only refers to the game being free to play, then I rescind that last remark.

1 minute ago, Marthrym said:

can you count i counted 3 not 2 you cant count can you ok lets count with me

1,SLIDE MELEE.

2.SHOOT THEM WITHIN BUBBLE

3.POP WITH A FULL AUTO SECONDARY

i cant take you serously when you cant count past 2

2 minutes ago, Marthrym said:

Sorry, I can't take what you say seriously. I tried real hard. I just cant.

Melee is all good and dandy, but if you use a frame that relies on self buffs, you're kinda not too keen on diving into the very thing that will instantly take that away. Not to mention, once enemy scaling reaches the crosseyed threshold, it's not an option, especially for frames that rely on the forementioned buffs to simply stay alive OUTSIDE of the bubbles. So imagine being INSIDE one, without the buffs, point blank range with sudden Death looking at you square in the eyes with a big ol' smile. Not very tempting if you value your life.

You can also shoot the bubble, provided your weapon has a decent enough firerate. Hell, it works even with slow firing weapons, it's just boring and tedious. The problems start when nullies overlap, and are Arctic Eximi, it gets a tad ridiculous IMO. And it happens surprisingly often at higher levels. It's not a problem for high firerate weapons, naturally very resilient frames (or suicidal players), but for slow firing weapons, it sucks, hard. There taking at least one spitfire type weapon is not an option, it's a necessity. Not the best way to promote the diversity of weapons you have in your game, if you ask me. The whole "Ninjas play free" takes one in the balls here methinks. Unless the "free" part only refers to the game being free to play, then I rescind that last remark.

You forgot to shoot them from within the bubble. 

Also not standing still for more than one second is a great idea, should try it out some time

Nullifiers are a terrible execution because of the couple of tactics created that are really effective?

That's the point.

Created a tactic and use the one that's best for you. You can come in close or stay away.

I dont whats the issue, DE doesnt it , i guess, because they can be dealt with easily.

12 minutes ago, hazerddex said:

can you count i counted 3 not 2 you cant count can you ok lets count with me

1,SLIDE MELEE.

2.SHOOT THEM WITHIN BUBBLE

3.POP WITH A FULL AUTO SECONDARY

i cant take you serously when you cant count past 2

Oh right, because killing them in melee range with a melee or a ranged weapon counts for TWO!

You are so right, I feel so ashamed.

Wait a minute... But then it means there are HUNDREDS of ways! We can count EVERY melee weapon as a different way. And EVERY ranged weapon used in melee range as a different way! WAOW, mind blown. That's hundreds of TOTALLY DIFFERENT WAYS! YAY! You saved the day mate, congrats!

Edited by Marthrym

I think to sum up this thread:

We get the tactics needed to kill the current nullifiers.

But we dislike the fact that high fire rate weapons pop bubbles quicker than those strong one-shot type weapons, or any semi-auto moderate fire rate weapon, not popping the bubble just as quickly. Limits our weapon choices against the Corpus and Corrupted.

They're still quite okay to handle with, just depends on how many can spawn at the same time in a mission.

Right?

1 minute ago, LunarEdge7 said:

But we dislike the fact that high fire rate weapons pop bubbles quicker than those strong one-shot type weapons, or any semi-auto moderate fire rate weapon, not popping the bubble just as quickly. Limits our weapon choices against the Corpus and Corrupted.

They're still quite okay to handle with, just depends on how many can spawn at the same time in a mission.

Right?

semi auto poping bubbles is easy

33 minutes ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

Didn't know banshee has blade storm.

Just now, LunarEdge7 said:

Right?

They are unfun. You're pretty much like: "I'll have to bring a soma or quanta or else i'll be screwed". This is the problem.

3 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

Didn't know banshee has blade storm.

They are unfun. You're pretty much like: "I'll have to bring a soma or quanta or else i'll be screwed". This is the problem.

1. It was a jab at Ash/Prime players that I've seen on the forums getting whiny about how they can't insta-nuke the entire Origin system with their 8-forma'd Ash Primes

2. You know you can carry secondary weapons, right? 

Edited by Hawk_of_the_Reborn
Forgot #2

The players defending nulis dont seem to understand that these units fail hard at what they are supposed to do.

They do not decrease/hinder ability usage at all..( like some of u said..u walk in..kill it...pop a E pad or whatever..turn ur abilities back on and get back to business)

They do not bring a challenge..(after 3 years i still dont understand why players even want a challenge in warframe anyway...guess i just enjoy sitting back and obliterate everything..but hey thats just me... and nulis really dont stop me from doing so )

So unless u guys think that switching weapons / turning ur abilities off for a second is a challenge...then yeah i guess nulis is exactly what u are looking for.

But in reality...It's a cheap way of fixing things.

Just like removing draco didnt fix anything either since everyone just moved to bere..but thats another story.