Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Opinions on Zephyr's Deluxe Skin?

PrVonTuckIII

In the last Devstream, we got a look at the current iteration of Zephyr's deluxe skin. It's overall theme seems to revolve around angels, giving it a high-tech, but powerful feel.

Original concept:

Kary_WIP.png 

Current iteration:

[IMG]

How are you liking the skin, as it is right now? Did you like the old one better?

In all seriousness, it's a cool look. I prefer the refined on to the original model. A little tame for the likes of deluxe skins, but it'll be a nice addition to the ranks and a cool new look for Zeph. I'll probably pick this up if I have the plat to spare and change the accent color to gold for a more angelic feel. Could do with a little less of the hoof look, and the arm wings could be a little more wing-like, but I really dig the energy wings coming out of the shoulders.

Please include a big, ridiculous sniper skin with the release package (Vectis or Rubico)  and maybe a glowing sword skin for maximum Gundam/NGE. :clem: 

I'm buying it regardless. Zephyr is one of my favorite frames, and the thought of not being the most stylish Zephyr on the block is abhorrent. 

That said, the new skin is much, much more to my liking and I'm praying it comes alongside a sick AF skin for launchers.

I have to say, while I have a great deal of appreciation for the initial version, the new one isn't really anything special. Don't get me wrong, the design quality is there, the conception though seems lacking. It's funny that I'm so split when they are so similar, but, details make it for me I guess.

The skin itself is cool, I prefer the newer one as it fits Warframe way more than the old one in my opinion. 

It's clean, elegant and the wings will look cool for sure. 

The only problem is that it's too close to the original frame, looks more like a TennoGen job, as someone above said there's no inspiration, no concept, it's a bit flat(which is more than ok for a TennoGen job, of course, given the limited tools permitted). 

Edited by siralextraffo

didn't watch the latest devstream yet,
but I assume since they now learned how to do the extra-models-on-ability-cast-but-only-when-skin-is-on thingy,
all new deluxe skins will be bound to have some itteration of it?
I don't think I'll buy this, I'll stick to the tennogen ones, no weird ethereal stuff appearing out of nowhere.

7 hours ago, LazerSkink said:

though I can't say I get along with asymmetry.

Doesn't look asymmetric based on the images they showed (ie in picture from OP), it's pretty symmetrical but the perspective on the camera is hiding the 'other side'

As to the design, I knew the original wouldn't get 'finalised' because of the wings on the back, they'd cause no end of issues for the game physics.  I like the way they're now playing with 'light' effects for things like the wings though

Edited by LSG501

12 hours ago, LSG501 said:

Doesn't look asymmetric based on the images they showed

It appeared asymmetrical to me because of the angle, though now I can see it isn't. What mislead me was the extra plating on her bust;

f188daf759a56d6aad930d92fbd0cd1b.png

Edited by LazerSkink

The current iteration looks amazing. Very good flow between high and low detail areas. Original concept was a bit bottom heavy but the current iteration fixed that with the added shoulder plates and enlarged fore-arm area. I'll readily take "conceptually boring" if the execution is excellent. I apologize for gushing, but just imagine her floating with Titania's animation set. I wonder if the wings are always there or do they only come out during ability casts like Nova Asuri?