The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's gonna happen with Banshee?

AcceI

I don't watch and never will watch those DE Primetime show things they do so maybe i'm ignorant on the subject.  

Also, I haven't logged in a while largely due to work/other games.

Since Banshee is likely next for prime treatment, did DE mention changing/nerfing her in one of those shows they do?  

After they fixed Nekros, I don't even want him any more now that I heard you can't summon 20+ shadows.

1 hour ago, Trichouette said:

So far nothing, she's not even in the "soon to be reworked" list.

They don't seem to care about that frame at all.

How rude :P
The fact is that a rework is much more harder than a brand new warframe cause you need to make a "new one" without losing the identity of the old one.

3 minutes ago, PapaFragolino said:

She is literally the least played warframe, they probably don't want to "waste" resources on something no one plays.

I wouldn't call it a waste but since the game is going thro a big changes my guess is that there aren't resources for that. 

7 minutes ago, PapaFragolino said:

She is literally the least played warframe, they probably don't want to "waste" resources on something no one plays.

that would be why I would be working on her.... if she's not played very often that that automatically means she needs a rework...

6 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

that would be why I would be working on her.... if she's not played very often that that automatically means she needs a rework...

Not necessarily.  There's always going to be a least-played frame, and a "class" can be least-played in a game either because it's crap or because it's high risk/reward, i.e. a class that's intrinsically difficult to play well.  With Banshee it's the latter. 

New players don't like her because she's too squishy; but I find that she's an acquired taste for more experienced players, who actually quite love her.  In that case she would be sort of WAI.

That said, she could do with a few more small adjustments here and there, but she's already been tweaked with a fair bit and she's in a good place atm.  I doubt DE would do a wholesale rework with her as they've done with some of the other frames.

28 minutes ago, Omnimorph said:

Not necessarily.  There's always going to be a least-played frame, and a "class" can be least-played in a game either because it's crap or because it's high risk/reward, i.e. a class that's intrinsically difficult to play well.  With Banshee it's the latter. 

New players don't like her because she's too squishy; but I find that she's an acquired taste for more experienced players, who actually quite love her.  In that case she would be sort of WAI.

That said, she could do with a few more small adjustments here and there, but she's already been tweaked with a fair bit and she's in a good place atm.  I doubt DE would do a wholesale rework with her as they've done with some of the other frames.

I couldn't agree more.

39 minutes ago, Omnimorph said:

It does does depend on how they determine 'least played' admittedly but it still should be something the dev's can monitor and take notice of.  If she's constantly at the bottom of the played frames then they can ask the design council or forums to give feedback and try to improve on here weaknesses etc.

I have banshee and personally I think she's too squishy (not the only one and a lot could do with a boost here and there on things like armour, health or shields) and her powers, while suiting her theme, don't really work well for 'my play style' and by the lack of actually seeing her many others too.

Edited by LSG501

She's most likely getting some small tweaks (like nekros did) and her prime is most likely getting her needed durability buff, topped with the best looking accesories up to date in order to make her PA more appealing.

Now I wonder what DE might do with frames like Zephyr, who is in need of a major rework; and valkyr, who imo  is in a good spot in terms of powers, mobility and durability stats

2 hours ago, AcceI said:

After they fixed Nekros, I don't even want him any more now that I heard you can't summon 20+ shadows.

Aww man, give him a shot. Nekros Prime is actually super fun. Not only does he have arm wings, he is a tougher version of regular nekros. The shadows actually wreck pretty hard too. I leveled and forma'd him yesterday and the desecrate toggle isn't too bad. Definitely less health orbs but rejuvenate makes up for it pretty easily and the loot feels the same. I felt the desecrate nerf a little in survival but it wasn't like overkill, desecrate ruined, or anything. ARM WINGS.

The only down side is his creepy tentacle fingers....

1 hour ago, PapaFragolino said:

I know... Banshee and zephyr are the 2 least played frame, and DE don't seem to care at all.

1 hour ago, Danubio said:

How rude :P
The fact is that a rework is much more harder than a brand new warframe cause you need to make a "new one" without losing the identity of the old one.

I know, but she's... well, never played

Most players don't really have fun playing her, her mechanics aren't that great.

Nekros may not be able to spawn an army of bullet sponges, but considering how SotD picks the strongest enemies for shadows first and they hit like a truck, you'll love running around Tycho with 7 unkillable Sentient Shadows

Banshee could use a few tweaks. I don't really think she needs a full on rework though. Her 1 is eh, but has its place at times. Sonar is of course bread and butter. Silence is decent in theory, but kind of flawed in practice. It's even more flawed now that her passive is 50% of the ability already. Quake is also kind of eh, but it has its uses. She could use a bit more on the defensive end though, considering how tissue paper she is and how she effectively has no spare mod space.

49 minutes ago, SerenitT said:

Banshee could use a few tweaks. I don't really think she needs a full on rework though. Her 1 is eh, but has its place at times. Sonar is of course bread and butter. Silence is decent in theory, but kind of flawed in practice. It's even more flawed now that her passive is 50% of the ability already. Quake is also kind of eh, but it has its uses. She could use a bit more on the defensive end though, considering how tissue paper she is and how she effectively has no spare mod space.

Silence doesn't exactly do what the passive does though. But my overall opinion is similar. No massive rework, just a bunch of QoL updates. 

Banshee needs tweaks to be viable on higher levels more than possible now. And not really least played because I played alot with her and saw other players aswell played her.

If the devs achieve the 100 frame list then many many frame will be in the least play category if they cannot keep them fresh and attractive. The more frame have in the system the more choices to play and many player will choose those frames which fit their playstyle and not picking ones what not really fit to them.

More players coming and that will fill the missing places with new energy and power.

My only hint is they should make a viable game frame system where the warframes enemies weapons and companions can equally handled and balanced only after worth to touch frames in first place because if they making something but after day someonehave an idea and they redo what they did or expand it then they can begin the work again with on that frame-enemy-wepon etc because with every major updates the achieved balance spoiled and need re adjust. 

2 minutes ago, PinkTentacles said:

Honestly, the only thing that needs to be looked at would be her Silence, since her passive is basically that. I would prefer if it was turned into something defensive, like a sound barrier that reduces enemy damage.

Like, enemy projectiles crossing the edge of the silence radius lose x% damage? 

Just now, KinetosImpetus said:

Like, enemy projectiles crossing the edge of the silence radius lose x% damage? 

Eeeh, I was thinking more of a literal shield sort of deal, not sure if you were around when Mag's shield polarize agument first came out, but it was essentially an infinite shield that looked like a round ball covering the entire warframe.

In any case that's just one idea, and I'm sure that we can still keep silence, we just need to make it more practical than a stun animation skill.