Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do most people play Nekros?

[DE]Momaw

Question

So I've got this shiny new Nekros Prime and I'm starting to think about forma. But, to me, there's two basic ways to lay the foundation for Nekros and I need to decide which I'm aiming for before going crazy with forma.

• Foundation A is your classic energy efficiency approach:  Streamline, Fleeting Expertise, and Primed Continuity. This gets you 75% power efficiency and only slightly reduced duration in 3 slots.
  • Foundation B is Despoil and Equilibrium. This one is a slight bit more tricky because you have to actually think about your energy and balance health against energy, but at the same time you achieve nearly limitless energy in only 2 slots. And if you still want Primed Continuity, now it's actually helping you instead of just covering a weakness.

Discuss?

11 answers to this question

1 minute ago, Momaw said:

So I've got this shiny new Nekros Prime and I'm starting to think about forma. But, to me, there's two basic ways to lay the foundation for Nekros and I need to decide which I'm aiming for before going crazy with forma.

• Foundation A is your classic energy efficiency approach:  Streamline, Fleeting Expertise, and Primed Continuity. This gets you 75% power efficiency and only slightly reduced duration in 3 slots.
  • Foundation B is Despoil and Equilibrium. This one is a slight bit more tricky because you have to actually think about your energy and balance health against energy, but at the same time you achieve nearly limitless energy in only 2 slots. And if you still want Primed Continuity, now it's actually helping you instead of just covering a weakness.

Discuss?

Quilibrium mixed with the his Augment causing to drain health on his 3rd ability, and casting shadows in between s keep collecting both orb types that way. Also using shield of shadows in it aswell with vitality mod.

I use Power Strength, really. Actually, this is what I use (NOTE: Brief Respite is there up for testing. You can use any Aura you wish):

Warframe0844.jpg

Warframe0845.jpg

I'm still not sure if to load Vitality instead of Redirection, but I'm waiting for the shields improvements before deciding, as Nekros doesn't have much armor.

There's the other build with Health Conversion that allows you to be tankier.

And then you can always mod for a bit more duration for terrify or range for Dessecrate.

Edited by NightmareT12

VhMr5vY.jpg

My tanky Nekros build, I don't really need efficiency since despoil and equilibrium covers energy costs.  Health conversion for the bonus armor and shield of shadows making nekros even more tankier. Power strength also boosts the damage resistance for shield of shadows, stretch is for abit of range for terrify and desecrate, and continuity(primed) is to slow down shadow decay.

Notable replacements:

Intensify for Transient or Energy Conversion

Rejuvenation for preferred aura

Continuity for Primed version or for Flow (Primed)

Efficiency isn't really a necessity for Nekros since despoil + equilibrium means near unlimited energy. Shield of Shadows also caps at 90% resistance so you only need up to 210% power strength.

I use equilibrium, despoil, and blind rage. You can get away with a rank 9 BR and streamline, or do what I do and use a maxed BR with no streamline and Arcane Energize. My current build, which I regard as a masterpiece:

tz6JN8E.jpg

*Edit: notice that I can use *any* aura with a drain of 7. You're all welcome.  :)

Edited by Lord_Azrael

Use Rejuvenation for Shield of shadows. If you can get four of them, it can balance out any health decay of SoTD completely which means that you don't need duration mods at all, with a single rejuvenation balancing out 100% duration at the very least and four/coaction drift giving them slight health regeneration as well. 

1 hour ago, Lord_Azrael said:

I use equilibrium, despoil, and blind rage. You can get away with a rank 9 BR and streamline, or do what I do and use a maxed BR with no streamline and Arcane Energize. My current build, which I regard as a masterpiece:

tz6JN8E.jpg

*Edit: notice that I can use *any* aura with a drain of 7. You're all welcome.  :)

^ This is great.

Not sure about growing power (don't have it yet) but my build is exactly the same. For tankiness, look no further :)

2 hours ago, 4holes said:

VhMr5vY.jpg

My tanky Nekros build, I don't really need efficiency since despoil and equilibrium covers energy costs.  Health conversion for the bonus armor and shield of shadows making nekros even more tankier. Power strength also boosts the damage resistance for shield of shadows, stretch is for abit of range for terrify and desecrate, and continuity(primed) is to slow down shadow decay.

Notable replacements:

Intensify for Transient or Energy Conversion

Rejuvenation for preferred aura

Continuity for Primed version or for Flow (Primed)

Efficiency isn't really a necessity for Nekros since despoil + equilibrium means near unlimited energy. Shield of Shadows also caps at 90% resistance so you only need up to 210% power strength.

this is my build too and works very well+ i use arcane grace and arcane pulse

3 hours ago, Momaw said:

Discuss?

It's worth mentioning that if you have extra copies of them, using Streamline and Fleeting Expertise at 4/5 rather than max will not only save you 10% of your duration, you might potentially save yourself a Forma too.