The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Nerf Bursas - Deterring My Return to Warframe

FinnishHim

Just a plain and simple request to nerf these "Bursas" I saw on Jupiter.

I've been gone from the game for a while, maybe a year or so, and even back then I was off-and-on with the game for a couple months at a time. But I tried coming back into Warframe yesterday because I wanted to see the "Specters of the Rail" update, so I did. Spent some platinum I had lying around on Atlas, and was enjoying myself playing through the new system and all that.

Then I saw an alert which took me to a Spy mission on Jupiter. Because I wanted to try out Atlas's abilities that I had just unlocked, I wasn't being stealthy in the slightest - at least not in the main, non-spy rooms. Then the Lotus warned me about a "Bursa," and this blue bulldozer MOA shows up. Shortly after, with that one still alive, a red one appeared. After I killed those two, a white one "isolator" immediately appeared and proceeded to kill me 4 times in a row as I tried to reset alarms, fight back, or even try to outrun it into the Spy-rooms.

What I'm noticing is that these enemies are just... not fun. I had no fun fighting them. They were difficult to out-maneuver, ignored frontal attacks, outright ignored my Warframe abilities, and had a confusing mix of abilities and even spawned when one was already fighting me! Not to mention that if I didn't try to reset the alarms, that would just bring on more - but if I did try, they would easily kill me while I was on the alarm console.

I don't know where the idea for these enemies came from or what event they were inherited from, but please, please nerf these enemies. Either down-grade their loadout, powers, or tankiness or just make it so only one spawns per-mission. I can handle a mini-boss, but having to fight several of these anti-fun enemies in a single mission (which I failed because the isolator killed me on repeat!) is a frustrating experience that pulled me out of the game (literally, since I failed the mission) and made me go on to do something else not-Warframe.

I know this is mostly complaining, but I feel like I should speak up because these Bursas are actually making me not enjoy the game.

*Note: I do play solo, because I like the responsibility of doing the mission myself and I like to take my time. I imagine Bursas are much easier to flank with multiple players, but I shouldn't have to give up solo-mode to stand a chance against these guys.

Thanks for your time, and I hope you hear me out.

The idea came about because people are too dead set in their ways and lack flexibility in combat. The Bursas FORCE players to change their methods of killing enemies and forces you to prioritize taking them out as well as maintaining your alarm status. They are easy to combat once you understand how to approach them and what to expect when they attack. It doesn't take max weapons, mods, or specific frames, just a proper approach. I solo these guys plenty of times while leveling un-potato'd equipment across the board, it can be done by anyone who is willing to take the time to learn.

you need to learn how to fight them; they are not impossible to solo. jupiter isn't even that high level. if you give up so easily and come to the forums to qq when fighting a new enemy at low levels, maybe find another game with no challenge. if learning to overcome challenges in a game is no fun to you, maybe don't play games at all.

I'm fine with Bursas. Though there is a limit to how many are manageable at one time.  And I'm even fine with that since there are very times in Warframe when you are nearly guaranteed to fail.   The game needs things like that to keep it interesting.

Downed Tenno in a tight hallway with 3 - 4 Bursas.   It's almost certain death to rescue them, but super fun if you can pull it off.

While I disagree about Bursas being anti-fun, I do agree that its a pretty #$&(% thing to have them constantly spawn while you're trying to reset alarms.  Reducing how often or how many spawn while alarms are going off would be an appropriate adjustment imo.

Actually they had been nerfed a lot already.

Health is reduced from 2500 to 1200.

Shield is reduced from 2400 to 700.

Armor is reduced from 350 to 200.

Front side damage resistance is reduced.

Damage output is reduced.

Recently, their 90% resistance against CC ability is removed completely.

Edited by aerosoul1337

On 9/3/2016 at 4:28 PM, Nesodos said:

have you seen the new stalker yet?

come back after he wiped the floor with you corpse

A While Back

I am playing Trinity and maxing Dual Heat Sword for the MR, only weapon I have is Dual Heat Sword, Shadow Stalker shows up and I am panicking. Hit And Run for Energy Vamp on other enemies and Blessing when I get hit=Soloed with one weapon.

3 hours ago, Ethorin said:

A While Back

I am playing Trinity and maxing Dual Heat Sword for the MR, only weapon I have is Dual Heat Sword, Shadow Stalker shows up and I am panicking. Hit And Run for Energy Vamp on other enemies and Blessing when I get hit=Soloed with one weapon.

well, i could solo with a cheese tactic too but hes always coming when im ranking stuff