The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

tennogen armour

Jim22

Whoa, deja vu... well to repeat myself from the last thread and crush more hopes:

Not going to happen.

I suspect it's because the main difficulty with Armour sets is rigging it so that it sits nicely on all Warframes without clipping horribly, and it's the DE team that's in charge of this rigging. In other words, DE would still end up doing most of the work... and it would be even more difficult since they'd have to work around the geometry someone else made, rather than be able to alter it freely if they need to.

Whether that's true or not, Kary definitely shot this idea down. (This is from Steam)

Hi Kary,

Are animated Syandana's allowed and if so which rules should they follow.

Also are there any plans for adding more Cosmetic classes like;
Armor Sets
Kubrow / Kevat Sets
Sugatra's
Or maybe even Auxilary Items for each Warframe?

Thank You for giving us the chance to ask these Questions

RE: Animated Syandana's, they are not preferred due to departmental complexities, but if something could be seen as a separate element, to use Max parlance, we might be able to do it. We don't do it often ourselves, so we aren't super keen to use other people's work as a test bet. 

See above for the Kubrow sets, as for Sugatra: Definitely. Armor: Definitely not. As for Auxiliary: Unsure - don't want to discount this, we'll have debate this more internally. 

- Kary! 

Armor... uhh... I already think that the big amount of syandanas in the Steam Workshop is waaaay too much. Everyone makes just Syandanas and forgets Warframe / Weapon skins. And armor would be the same thing just like syandanas... well, it would be even worse, especially because it is not seen on the first look. I mean if people look at you from a distance, the only thing they can see is the warframe, its' skin and maybe the syandana. But the armor not really. Ok, the Dendra armor can be seen very well but everything else not. We don't need Tennogen armor.

It's so funny how people act like they have no problem with tennogen and it being exclusive to console and steam players (for steam bucks:( until you mention armor hehe. Wouldn't be a problem if we all could buy tennogen with platinum...then everyone would support tennogen armor.

Edited by RoninJed

keep tennogen stuck at skins/helmets/syandanas. This game is already going down the P2W path with recent updates. (P2W as in: The time needed to get things now such as steady credits, prime items, and cosmetics require more money, or so much time that an average person with a life cannot realistically get these items in a given time.) We don't need more exclusives to a paywall. Tennogen is cool, but for what it costs we don't need more stuff

6 minutes ago, Xgomme said:

People saying it's impossible :

Just make a template armor, already rigged to every frames, and people will just change the mesh.

+ The game is still a "Pay to accelerate" nothing P2W here, learn the definition.

The game is going P2W. P2W in such a way because the time required to get certain things is getting to the point where casual play no longer applies as it would take WAY too long. before SoTR this game was P2Accelerate. But now, if you are not a vet, and don't have massive stockpiles, the grind for things like credits for fusion and prime parts is just disgusting. The trade tax for a Legendary core is HALF maxing a primed mod. You aren't winning over another player, but you are losing when not paying because you may not get what you want in a month because of Nitain extract, Relic grind + traces grind + farming prime parts, and credits grind. If you work or go to school, then have extra stuff to do like me (sports, after school class), I start my day at 7 am, and get home around 7:30 pm. The chance of me getting a Nitain alert after doing schoolwork and sleeping in literally 0% until the weekend. BUT WAIT, if I actually have a life off my computer over the weekend, I can maybe snag 2 Nitain alerts per weekend. This is just for Nitain, imagine grinding for relics, then traces, then the actual thing you want.

PEOPLE WITHOUT HUNDREDS OF HOURS TO WASTE OR AN ACTUAL LIFE CANNOT PLAY CASUALLY UNLESS THEY DONT CARE ABOUT WAITING WEEKS FOR CONTENT

30 minutes ago, -Voltage- said:

The game is going P2W. P2W in such a way because the time required to get certain things is getting to the point where casual play no longer applies as it would take WAY too long. before SoTR this game was P2Accelerate. But now, if you are not a vet, and don't have massive stockpiles, the grind for things like credits for fusion and prime parts is just disgusting. The trade tax for a Legendary core is HALF maxing a primed mod. You aren't winning over another player, but you are losing when not paying because you may not get what you want in a month because of Nitain extract, Relic grind + traces grind + farming prime parts, and credits grind. If you work or go to school, then have extra stuff to do like me (sports, after school class), I start my day at 7 am, and get home around 7:30 pm. The chance of me getting a Nitain alert after doing schoolwork and sleeping in literally 0% until the weekend. BUT WAIT, if I actually have a life off my computer over the weekend, I can maybe snag 2 Nitain alerts per weekend. This is just for Nitain, imagine grinding for relics, then traces, then the actual thing you want.

PEOPLE WITHOUT HUNDREDS OF HOURS TO WASTE OR AN ACTUAL LIFE CANNOT PLAY CASUALLY UNLESS THEY DONT CARE ABOUT WAITING WEEKS FOR CONTENT

But, but, Pay to win what ? You can rekt the game with a starter frame and some mods, wtf. 

"PEOPLE WITHOUT HUNDREDS OF HOURS TO WASTE OR AN ACTUAL LIFE CANNOT PLAY CASUALLY UNLESS THEY DONT CARE ABOUT WAITING WEEKS FOR CONTENT"

Yup, so you PAY TO ACCELERATE AND NOT WIN OMG I'M TALKING WITH CAPS I'M SO FAB SASUKE :clem:

4 minutes ago, Xgomme said:

But, but, Pay to win what ? You can rekt the game with a starter frame and some mods, wtf. 

"PEOPLE WITHOUT HUNDREDS OF HOURS TO WASTE OR AN ACTUAL LIFE CANNOT PLAY CASUALLY UNLESS THEY DONT CARE ABOUT WAITING WEEKS FOR CONTENT"

Yup, so you PAY TO ACCELERATE AND NOT WIN OMG I'M TALKING WITH CAPS I'M SO FAB SASUKE :clem:

The game used to allow you to play at any rate which you please. Since Nitain was added, and now with bumped up credit costs for fusion from before compared to rare cores, you cannot simply play casually unless you don't care about MR progression or new gear/getting plat from trading. The game is getting really bad, and the only reason I stay is because I cannot afford a new game at the moment, and the ones I have I have already played

8 minutes ago, -Voltage- said:

The game used to allow you to play at any rate which you please. Since Nitain was added, and now with bumped up credit costs for fusion from before compared to rare cores, you cannot simply play casually unless you don't care about MR progression or new gear/getting plat from trading. The game is getting really bad, and the only reason I stay is because I cannot afford a new game at the moment, and the ones I have I have already played

The casuals of my clan are helped by the more hardcore of us (subliminal "find a clan"), and you have 4~ nitain each day, you should at least find one each day when you're home? Just take something to follow alerts on your phone if you don't want to stare at the game. Except Vauban Prime (wich is the primed version of an alert reward frame) the other items will not cost you bunch of nitain.

+ You don't NEED to powercreep yourself with full maxed anything to win. I usually run frames with 0 formas, with a build without R10 mods, but more like R8, and everything is fine. And since Endo, the way you upgrade your mods is +clear and -long

++ Didn't see much difference with credits cost/earnings

Edited by Xgomme

2 hours ago, Vyra said:

more exlusive stuff?
please no...

the game gets bigger and bigger and people who don't use steam have nothing from it..
why wouls we download more data on your harddrives when we cant use it anyway?

this.... yes we need more stuff in game but lets make it so EVERYBODY can get it no matter how they want to play this game rather than putting it on a platform where the only person/company that truly benefits from it is valve (the tennogen person only gets 25% of sales)

37 minutes ago, Xgomme said:

The casuals of my clan are helped by the more hardcore of us (subliminal "find a clan"), and you have 4~ nitain each day, you should at least find one each day when you're home? Just take something to follow alerts on your phone if you don't want to stare at the game. Except Vauban Prime (wich is the primed version of an alert reward frame) the other items will not cost you bunch of nitain.

+ You don't NEED to powercreep yourself with full maxed anything to win. I usually run frames with 0 formas, with a build without R10 mods, but more like R8, and everything is fine. And since Endo, the way you upgrade your mods is +clear and -long

++ Didn't see much difference with credits cost/earnings

if you read my post, and I'm not alone: I go to school at 7 am, then I have sports from 2-5, then I have language class from 5:30-7, then when I get home I have schoolwork. Should I just not sleep? No, Warframe is supposed to be a form of entertainment which you play when you have free time. Nitain is such a terrible bandaid for a time wall it hurts