Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

List of 200 "easy" improvements to the game (v.17)

Lluid

This is a list of details in the game that don't require much work (I think) but would improve our Quality of Life (QoL) greatly. Therefore I ignore some aspects that require more work or debates (but every entry can be seen as debatable obviously).

There's actually more than 200 entries, don't mind me but I stopped counting. :laugh:

Note that the idea about the chat filters was implemented and changed our life : keep it up DE !

Currently, the most important topic of this huge list to me is the ability to stay in a mission independently of other players, either in plains (with bounties available in the plains) or in survival / excavation, but also in any mission with the ability to chain missions anywhere without going back to the orbiter. Make the Origin system feel alive.

MATCHMAKING

Spoiler

FtVPiMX.png

• Let us select the pace of the mission : rush or normal. The two options would be mutually exclusive, meaning you can't join someone with the other option. Of course that would reduce the chances to join other people, but that would improve the pleasure of playing with other people greatly, for both sides ! We could have tooltips explaining, say, for the "rush" option : In this mode players won't focus on exploring or killing enemies. The objective is the only priority, and the team leaves as soon as possible.
  • In public, let players chose to host (many would prefer hosting at the risk of being alone). It's frustrating for instance when you're looking for a synthesis target and jump in the middle of a mission that of course has no target to chase.
  • Similarly, give the option NOT to host (some players don't want others to suffer from their bad connection or computer). Note that the "wait for players" option doesn't solve this since we'll host.
  • Set an option so that you leave the squad automatically after a game, if you want. Others are in the recent players list anyway. One particular example of why it's annoying : with a slow computer you can find yourself sent to another mission without joining your liset if a squadmate launches the timer fast enough (occurred a few times to me, then I bought a SSD).

oJjTGtj.png

• Add a custom mission option ! That would allow us to play any mission type, anywhere we already visited, against any enemy if applicable. It would also show the possible rewards, in a similar spirit as the bounties now. That would also let us jump into any open squad if we want to help people, without blindly trying all nodes one by one. And there could be an incentive to varying the mission type, through bonuses, although the numbers I proposed are debatable.
  • Prevent host migrations when we rejoin our ship. It probably appears to slow computer users when the host leaves squad before we finish loading. Clicking "cancel" seems to have no effect btw.
  • Show the matchmaking options to all players when a squad is formed. Only the one who invited could modify them as of now.
  • Let us time to cancel joining a squad after clicking a node in public (for the reason mentioned above when searching synthesis targets, or somachord tones). 5s are enough I think.
  • Don't set the timer to 15 or 20s when we join a single Tenno. Not sure why but it happens sometimes.
  • Don't show "wait for players" when clicking a relay/dojo and set countdown to 5s.
  • When the last squadmate leaves us, keep our vote if we clicked a node ! But don't launch immediately of course.
  • If a squad is voting and the only one who didn't vote leaves, don't launch the game ! Maybe cancel the host's vote.
  • When a squad is voting, Tenno that vote "no" - or don't vote at all - for a mission should leave the squad automatically when it starts, maybe with a means to reconnect to the squad later.
  • Don't say "xxxxx joined squad" three times when in fact we joined them (not sure what triggers it but it happens, very often in the plains).
  • "Join a lone Tenno in need". When a new player is alone in a game, in public, and having trouble (whether he dies once or just looses health maybe?) enable others to join if they want to help (without ruining his experience by killing everything of course). There could be a special "node" on each planet that activates when help is needed. And no special reward, so that only those who really want to help come. (alternate idea : a "request assistance" option as suggested in comments. I'd prefer something automatic though)
    Also we can consider limiting weapons damage and damaging powers for helpers.
  • Allow us to invite someone when we're not in the navigation screen. We can do it through the "esc" menu, so why not from the chat or the friend menu ? I guess it means anyone would be considered "in a lobby" instead of some "in menus". Just make it so that the one that is joined has to vote to start anything (to avoid going to a game while AFK).
  • Similarly, switch automatically from solo to "invite only" when inviting someone (instead of displaying an annoying message : our intention is clear).
  • Add a matchmaking mode where any squadmate can invite people (not public). Maybe "invite only" should work like that already.
  • Let us queue multiple missions if we're "waiting for players" ! (Might not apply to relics)
  • Let us join friends/clanmates even if the objective is completed (but no special mission reward then)
  • Let us see clanmates' current missions (like in friends list)
  • When launching a mission, check who's the best possible host. And give players a choice. I know it's supposed to check already but most of the time it just keeps the one who invited as host.
  • When searching for a squad, add a visual representation of the network scanning, pings sent and received, a number of open squads so that we can visualize the work that is being done, with a sci-fi touch. There's nothing worse than a "please wait" note that prevents any action, especially when it gets stuck. Landing crafts in loading screens are a good example of a non-frustrating waiting moment.
  • Add a recruiting board, showing player-created objectives (maybe among an exhaustive list) to join easily people with the same goal as you, without using the crowded boring chat. That would also allow queuing for multiple objectives.
  • Add chat filters for the recruiting tab (help / resources / relics / clans / trials...). That would encourage us to use it much more ! Note that filters could be automatic depending on the text we type.wqxjbWk.png Yay we have that now !

MENUS

Spoiler
  • Faster menu transitions (maybe no visual transition as an option, please ?). And with less clicks to go somewhere. The "esc" menu should be in 2D like the codex, with more items on one page.
  • More info in the arsenal. What's the damage type of my archwing abilities ? Is there an alt fire on my equipped weapon ? What is the range of my melee ? How many bullets per burst ? All the missing stats, but also the weapon description (visible when equipping a weapon but not when equipped, weirdly enough), type (assault rifle/bow/...), etc.
  • In any menu, show if a weapon is a primary/secondary/melee. A little icon on the image would be enough.
  • in arsenal, upgrades, gray out mods that have no effect on this weapon (example : puncture on an electric weapon)
  • add a hide list in foundry (any right-clicked blueprint would go in this new category, next to 'miscellaneous'. Right click again to revert.)
  • In mission progress screen, show planet and node names, mission duration, the active buffs/debuffs to better explain the icons, and also a description of the current objective.
  • The "inventory" menu should be accessible from the liset (without pressing "esc"), and with more sorting options.
  • If inventory is in the ship, place an access to mods, ayatans and relics there !
  • The inbox needs an access in the ship too ! So many new players miss it...
  • Add a message system between players (to talk even if not connected at the same time). Maybe with the inbox system above ? The friend note is a good example of how small it could be.
  • Similarly, add a black board decoration in dojos for any clanmate to leave messages.
  • Use the codex to answer most players' questions based on their experience. If I scan an enemy on Venus, show it and where I saw it even if I didn't complete all scans (same for mods). Other example, where's the mission where I got the best ratio of a given resource/time ? Where did I meet the most of this unit per minute ? Useful gaming info, based on actual in-game experience.
  • Codex : explain damage, armor and resistances. I still don't know how exactly is calculated damage for say corrosive damage through armor and health (including procs, armor reduction), because formulas include non linear calculations and therefore the order matters, and also because we know little about procs numbers (how do damage or criticals influence the corrosive proc value ?).
  • Show all weapons in the codex ! (Same applies to all lists) Maybe gray out those that can't be obtained anymore, and show how to obtain the others. It would be a good way to learn about things that you can obtain like the helminth charger for instance : we shouldn't have to check external sources...
  • Codex : maybe give a name to unscanned targets ?
  • The codex should provide links to the market.
  • Add a "New" category for the first page of the market and also add a "Beginner items" category that filters weapons that don't have MR requirements. New players are completely lost in the first page ! That's not a good start to make them invest plat.
  • Bug in the profile : some zaws appear as mastered if we reached lvl 30 with them, without gilding. Others don't. Note that all show as mastered after leveling them twice, as expected. Also they don't count kills, but a few other weapons don't either. No idea why.
  • In the market, the "Companions" menu category lists sentinel blueprints but it's not clear that we can click on it when the drop-right menu comes out. We expect blueprints to be in a category on the right. At least I did.
  • Clan menu (from our landing craft) : add a timer when a research is underway.
  • Clan menu : similarly, when the research is complete it should not disappear from the list !
  • In any menu, activate the search bar by default. That would require that the "chat" key should be, say, "enter" instead of "T" by default.
  • When logging in, don't load Excalibur by default. I'd prefer waiting a few seconds and then see my landing craft with the warframe correctly loaded.
  • Boosters shouldn't activate automatically. Instead, they should appear in the menus and be activated on demand. Especially those we get as login rewards or in containers just before going to bed.
  • Give more info on the white little icons in the top right of the screen when in the liset. They concern foundry items ready, boosters, pending friends, real money offers. New players usually don't understand them easily. And in some cases the info doesn't even appear anywhere else.
  • Place the "rank up" button in another, more visible, place. Also introduce new players to it.
  • "Hide mastered" option in foundry, market, baro'ki'teer,... because "hide owned" is important but we might have sold the weapon already.
  • In the case of blueprints, or weapon parts, show "item owned" if we already own the built item ? Currently "owned" means we own the blueprint or part only.
  • Extend the notion of wishlist so that it highlights all prime parts that you need in the relic screen, possibly highlight the relics themselves, and maybe even in the fissure rewards screen.
  • Add a sorting system for foundry components.
  • Add a sorting system for Sigils.
  • "Apply sigil to all warframes" option ?
  • Add a top bar listing all our currencies in the esc menu in the ship (credits, plat, ducats, possibly kuva and void traces, or all resources in a drop down menu ?).
  • Community driven wikia system within the game (with a spoiler system based on quests completion) (ok this one is huge sorry)
  • Reduce all building times by 2h (if longer than 12h). That way, a 1day-build item could actually be used the day after starting the build (i.e. 22h later). It would remove the frustration of having most builds finish after the hours we usually play (since we often start building at the end of play sessions).
  • In dojo, give us the option to rename transporters without replacing them?
  • Add account creation date to player profile stats ! Same for clans. I have no idea when I created my clan.
  • Cyst : maybe Ordis should talk about that when it first appears - he should be disgusted right ? - and inform the player about how to cure it. The helminth charger draining system also needs some clues.
  • Linked items in chat should have a different color if we own them (or mastered them). Maybe even a special color if they're in the wishlist ?
  • When multiple private message tabs are opened, give different colors to the names and text of each Tenno !
  • Keep the tab, text and names in the squad tab when we leave it (or the host leaves). Possibly gray them out, but let us right click names to talk to people.
  • Add a selling board, where sellers register their goods and prices (or prices may need to be fixed), and buyers consult all offers in region for a given good at once. No need for the seller to be available, and maybe not even connected. Less people "stolen". More incentive for using plat, which isn't bad for the company. It would probably necessitate to prevent re-selling a good. It might even necessitate setting the prices with an algorithm. Note that the "auction house" is a very debated question in the community, with good arguments in both sides. It's just not impossible to implement some kind of system like that, not an auction house, and make it work in my opinion.
  • Add chat filters for the trading tab (prime parts / syndicate offerings / mods...). See image below. This idea and the one above aren't mutually exclusive, but this one is easier to implement. Again, The filters would be automatic based on keywords or linked items. A must have. Really.60DytdY.png Yay we have that too !
  • The chat filter icon (magnifying glass) should be moved to the right of the chat window, because it's a zone that's generally not occupied by text. At least one guy I talked to didn't know there were filters now.
  • Chat : weapon [links] should also list their parts and whether they're owned (& count) and mastered or not. Same for warframes, sentinels...
  • Chat bug : click a link, back (mouse thumb), back again, we're still in chat but it is closed !

NAVIGATION

Spoiler
  • Navigation screen : don't zoom on previous planet (even more disturbing after a derelict mission since it zooms where... you weren't). It takes time, isn't fluid on my computer, and is rarely useful (except after completing a junction obviously).
  • Navigation : zoom on the mouse pointer when using the mouse wheel (instead of zooming on the center of the screen).
  • Add a system to highlight missions on planets depending on their types : if I want to play a survival, I currently have to mouse over all nodes of a planet to search it (and I even have to click on the node when there's something special there, like invasions, alerts, syndicate missions...) (or see the "custom mission" system proposed in Matchmaking above)
  • Make nodes icons bigger, clearer, maybe with colors and maybe differentiating different objectives visually.
  • In the invasion preview list, if there's more than 2 nodes invaded, let us click on each node name individually to select / highlight a given mission (without having to search the node itself). Also mousing down in that case makes the mouse skip the next invaded planet.
  • Let us support the infested in invasions ! Sorry but I totally embrace their ideas.
  • When 2 or more missions are available on a node, show all the info when selecting the node (currently we can't see the lvl of enemies in the basic mission). Just duplicating the usual preview of the game would work for me.
  • In navigation, pressing "esc" should close the chat tab before exiting nav. (same for other menus I guess)
  • In navigation, when zooming on a planet, show resources by default. We can keep the option of hiding them by clicking on the extractor icon, but showing them is required for new players. Really.
  • Also, show the rarity of resources in the list, since rarity depends on the planet.
  • In the same spirit, don't show control modules as green -rare- in the Void.
  • Ask for unequipping dragon keys when voting for a mission that's not in the derelict, only once though.
  • Navigation screen seems to prevent or hide tooltips. Example : go to the clan screen from navigation, edit ranks, you can't see the tooltips there.
  • We sometimes want to find specific mission types, enemy faction, and level ranges. Going to every planet to see which one is high or low leveled, the right faction, and searching EVERY SINGLE NODE to find the right mission type is just atrocious! A search bar maybe? (by @(PS4)Ninjhetto ) I'd even suggest showing the tier of the mission. (see the "custom mission" system proposed in Matchmaking above)

QUESTS

Spoiler
  • All the previous events introducing new enemies could be reused as a "storymode" or side quests as the player unlocks planets. (this one requires quite some work, but still less than entirely new quests right ?) Right now many enemies aren't introduced at all, even Ambulas.
  • Give more details on the current quest state, mission objectives and even a "replay transmission" option (in the mission progress screen). As a non-native english speaker, I often find myself asking the Lotus to repeat, and well she doesn't.
  • When a quest is completed, add a list with every quest transmission to the codex, so we can replay some audio content if we're interested in the lore (without playing the actual missions).
  • When a quest is active, guide the player through it. It's weird when you receive a transmission or a message, then come back to normal in the Liset and have to figure out how to start or continue the quest. Sometimes it's intended, but sometimes it's not clear at all especially for new players. How often do we see "what should I do know ?" in chat ?
  • Add a "Tree of knowledge" that shows the player achievements in the game, with a sense of progression and branches (example Main Quests Branch / Mods types branch / first companions of each type branch / operator branch / ...). The amount of things to learn is often overwhelming to new players so going step by step, with a visual pseudo-linear representation of what they learned so far and what is coming would help a lot to fight the impression of complexity. Example : a new player looks for his progress and sees that he unlocked "earn a relic" (which he saw in the rewards screen but then ignored because didn't know what to do) and that the next achievement is "play a fissure mission with a relic equipped". He could say "oh ok, I'll look for that 'fissure' mission in the future then" in contrast with the current situation where he clicks on a fissure node and has no idea if he should do that.
  • Limbo's quest comes too early in the game. There are plenty of other warframes that are more straightforward to understand and would qualify. Also, the excavation is weird because it doesn't reward anything until you get the liimbo part : Lotus says "Look what we found" but we get nothing from excavators, except cryotic. Finally, the excavation and the archwing parts are too high lvl for mostly solo players (in my experience most are MR5).

MISSIONS

Spoiler
  • Let us chain missions, in any environment. Example : I start a spy mission on Venus, complete it (or even fail it), then Lotus proposes a choice between another task like capture, or extraction. Rewards are saved each time, like they should be in PoE. Squad mates would be free to leave independently. How would tasks be selected ? I'd prefer if we could have a choice, but not all mission types should be available every time. And starting an endless mission would prevent doing other tasks afterwards, I guess. I don't care if there's a loading screen each time, but losing host should never lead us to go back to our ship, to preserve immersion we'd host instead or join another squad for the new objective. Also we could jump from a ship/asteroid/planet base to another with archwing, that would be great.
  • Make exploring more rewarding. Or, better said, more meaningful. We could have optional objectives with clues scattered in the secret rooms of the map that make you think based on the map layout for instance. Secret rooms are not worth the time right now, while they're logically full of treasures compared to corridors. In particular, Ayatan sculptures and rare crates should spawn only in secret rooms, and we should be given hints, clues. Who would hide a valuable object in corridors ? Not even degraded clones. Finding them is just based on luck right now, it doesn't encourage exploring and therefore isn't fun (because it's actually more effective to rush without looking everywhere to find them currently).
  • More generally, add more clever variations to the gameplay : in many cases missions are hard and challenging, but once you find out how it works it suddenly becomes easy and boring. I can list these examples : spy, sabotage, rescue missions, but also trials. They're all far too easy, thus boring, once you figure out what to do. On the bright side, sorties have 3 new objectives everyday, bounties have a variation of objectives, and the 3 caches optional objective (except in the plains) requires some searching even if we know all the possible places. So it seems some kind of randomness and continuity can bring something refreshing to our missions in general.
  • Make tricky actions more rewarding. A few examples of actions that should give more affinity if you react fast enough to perform them :
        - killing an infested drone that is lifting a crawler gives less affinity than killing both
        - shooting a grineer ship down before it lands troops doesn't give affinity for those troops
        - breaking infested pods before they explode gives no affinity, again it's better to wait
        - shooting a corpus sniper deployable before it spawns a small robot
        - maybe even getting a headshot
  • Magnetic effects : remove 75% of energy, not all of it. And don't allow us to pickup energy for the duration of the effect, since it wastes orbs.
  • We could find a way to get energy in gameplay without orbs, like through special melee attacks (idea from @(PS4)Ninjhetto ) Good idea, maybe let anyone kneel for energy ! Something like 10 energy/s when kneeling out of combat seems reasonable, and would be great for beginners while not op for veterans. And it would make sense. Right ?
  • When more than 1 objective are leading to the same door (eg A-B-C in spy), objective markers should be closer to each other : sometimes it's confusing depending on the room configuration.
  • Add some variety to gameplay with some kind of choice between "a few tough enemies" or "many weak enemies" at a given mission level. Or it could alternate within a mission.
  • Rework in-mission challenges so that they can actually be achieved (like "hack a console" in a mission with no console). Might even have a cycle of 3 possible challenges maybe ?
  • Get rid of the derelict keys, and make it public. We might as well use nav coordinates directly when we get into a derelict game instead, like to "locate" the place. Vault run squads could even be auto-completed in public by the matchmaking system (one can dream). Also the derelict zone isn't introduced to new players at all.
  • Mobile defense systems : we often walk over them when trying to start the objective. They should have a more "vertical" hitbox.
  • Ospreys' yellow mines and Slow projectiles (i.e. bombard, napalm, leechs) : shouldn't we be able to shoot them ?
  • Give info about enemy weakpoints in the codex, and bring variety back : the previous ancient infested had weakpoints in the feet, it was fun to adapt to them. Moas have a weakpoint in the box behind them, that's fun too. But I'm afraid many players don't know that.
  • Consequently, replace the notion of "head shots" with the notion of "weakpoint shot" (or any better way to express it) in mods and mission objectives. Actually Moas' cameras are considered as a "head" but they're not a weakspot (they even take less damage there) so it shouldn't be rewarding to aim at that. Right ?
  • Let us change the orange color of Cephalon Simaris Scanners ? When searching for plants or enemies not fully scanned, the orange overlay often confuses me.
  • Create optional objectives that give 2 choices among rewards in normal missions. I don't want health restores and specters blueprints but I like those game types. :)
  • Add caches in all missions (except small environments like defense obviously), or other interesting things yeah.
  • Kuva siphons should spawn in the planets around the fortress, maybe with kuva showing in ressources.
  • The kuva fortress needs something unique to do there. Like an alternative to get kuva on a daily basis.
  • Stop color pigments from dropping when research is completing.
  • Make somachord tones client-sided ? Or replace cephalon fragments with tones if we completed them ?
  • Specters should have some sort of signifier that they are specters. A ring on the energy color of the controlling players warframe would go a long way (idea by @TheChaotic1).
  • In the squad list in mission, replace profile icons by warframes icons. That would make sense since we have map warframe icons.
  • In stealth, let us mark enemies (sort of scan system ?) and gain affinity for not killing them and not being detected. True ninja alternative gameplay. Possibly, let us insert a message on an enemy to get something (either affinity, some syndicate standing, support during invasions or even a specter of this guy if he's glad we spared his life and sends it).
  • Add multi-targets stealth melee attacks ! A lot of cool possible animations come to mind...
  • Stealth kills in stairs (when we're above the enemy) very often lead us to go through stairs, fall down, teleport back to the stairs but stuck inside of the material, unable to move or use abilities. Dying and reviving is the only solution I found, /unstuck doesn't do anything.
  • A similar effect can occur in a Lua puzzle with organ tubes that throw you upwards, sometimes a client can be stuck inside the tube when it closes and the puzzle can't be completed after that.
  • Oxium drops and blue drops : change their appearance and add the usual vertical line to allow marking it for others. Any mutagen sample is worth it.
  • Add some way to hide ayatan star markers. Like by pressing "waypoint" twice ?
  • "Bow only" missions (and similar) : auto unequip other weapons just for 1 mission.
  • Jackal is one of the first bosses and quite bugged (sometimes you can't even damage it even in the legs). Nerf his missiles and reduce the rate of his feet spamming, because new players don't even have time to understand how he works. It seems to be solved, I didn't see the hotfix notes about that.
  • Adjust number of completions of invasions depending on mission type and average duration. Also, change it to a succession of different objectives.
  • Add more tools for fast communication between players, as proposed by @CyberneticSusurrus, i.e. more waypoint options and quick chat tools (in particular a press and drag option for waypoints to select among a circular list of messages)
  • Rework credit rewards, based on mission average duration maybe, or even dynamically based on community activity per node. Also compared to dark sectors, credits alerts are a joke.
  • Void traces alerts should give 150 traces. Right now they're really a waste of time.
  • Remove bonus affinity (at end of mission) and double the base affinity. One particular reason is the lack in sense of progression for new frames : we often gain many levels in the reward screen and don't even have time to notice and experiment the evolution of our powers.
  • Show total resources owned in the end of mission screen (Neurodes 2 (total 15)). Same for credits, mods.
  • Play the "shields depleted" sound only once per minute. Please.
  • Interception rounds should start with all points captured by Tenno ! Maybe only if there's one Tenno on each point. Actually having nothing to do for about 20s is the worst a game can offer right ? I wouldn't mind if the rate of % increase is slowed down a bit so that the average time for completion is similar. At least we would be doing something. :D
  • In endless missions, when we chose "Extract" or "Battle", if a player stays at the center he should follow the majority of others.
  • Similarly, if someone switches to "Extract", add a few seconds for others who voted "battle" to change their mind. Only once though.
  • Also if all players chose the same option (Extract or Battle), either make the countdown faster, or immediate.
  • Let us complete sorties step by step in a few days. I see no reason why casual players couldn't play part 1 and 2 of monday, and then part 3 of tuesday, independently on the faction or mission type because honestly it doesn't matter. They would get 1 reward instead of 2 if they had completed both.

ENEMIES

Révélation
  • I hate the infested ancients toxic cloud attack, (when they seem to be yelling at us) because it's been here for years but we still can't see the cloud ! That's annoying. Also, other ancients and brood mothers perform the same animation but it seems to do nothing. Why ?
  • Nerf the seeker's kraken damage ! 2 examples : in solo, I successfully fought the gustrag 3 in the middle of a regular kuva clouds phase and a few minutes later a single seeker 2 shot me in 0.5s. The day after, loki lvl 19 was fighting the stalker quite succesfully thanks to the operator form, when a seeker jumped from another platform and one shot me (operator needed energy). I like difficulty, but not when enemies have huge differences in damage at the same level. In comparison, Nox and kavat masters are great because we can hear them coming.
  • Maybe some hated enemies could disable our mods instead of our abilities completely.

WEAPONS

Spoiler
  • Introduce a set of weapon-specific challenges for validating the mastery xp. For instance, affinity could be capped every 5 lvls, but completing a challenge mid-mission (like for rivens or mission challenges) would unlock the affinity gains up to the next 5 lvls. Every weapon previously mastered would probably have to be considered as complete.
  • Organize weapons per genre, and let us filter them.
  • Organize weapons for new payers. When a new player tries to get a new weapon, the huge amount and variety is overwhelming. By default, list first the weapons that can be bought with credits or that require early resources.
  • With bows (and many other weapons), it's easy to see that shooting through a window (or an enemy) deviates the arrow even while aiming. More precisely, it's a third person view consequence : the arrow doesn't follow the direction given by {camera + crosshair} but rather {weapon + first solid thing touched in crosshair's direction}. It seems logical, but the fact that a direction is defined by another direction makes it confusing in game. Sometimes it even makes you fire at an enemy behind you (if he's in front of the camera). All this doesn't happen if you zoom with weapons that have a first person zoom of course. Please give us the option to switch between the two aiming possibilities (I don't know if we should allow the arrow to be shot from the camera, or more simply make the camera come in first person when zooming with any weapon)
  • "No weapon" melee attacks : if we don't equip a melee weapon, let us use our fists and feet anyway. We already have stances for that. Weirdly enough, currently we can't use our fists but we can perform a stealth attack, that does only 30 damage.
  • All explosions should have radial damage decrease and be blocked by objects (line-of-sight but through entities).
  • Napalm should fall on the floor !
  • Divide melee stances into independent movements that can be performed though specific key combinations, in the order we want, and as an option. Using the same movement all the time could lead to a decrease in damage, while variety would provide bonuses. Something closer to Mount and Blade system would be nice (sword blows in directions defined by movement or mouse)
  • If the above idea can't be done, at least reduce damage to melee attacks if we repeat the same attack over and over, and buff damage in the opposite case (to prevent the spin2win behavior and give incentive to use combos - spins - jump attacks - charged attacks in succession)
  • Add a cooldown to telos boltace special effect, but add damage too.
  • Little bug with scanners : when holding a datamass or cell, switching to a scanner and back to secondary weapon, the datamass is dropped with no obvious reason.
  • We discovered that stealth affinity rewards some weapons more than others (bows and melee), and more at high level than low level. We don't see a good reason for that, shouldn't it be removed ? Shouldn't we be more rewarded for getting hard kills, or for sacrificing mod capacity for silencing mods ? See this link for the formula.
  • Very important, we need a stamp weapon ! The Pacifistamp would deal 0 damage but hopefully stop them from attacking at all :

vEKMR8z.png?1

SYNDICATES

Spoiler
  • Replace all syndicate weapons explosions by specialized effects similar to those in the syndicate melee weapons. Almost completely passive AOEs are not fun.
  • Syndicate missions could be removed, and Medallions could be found in any mission. There could be a daily quest like "find n medallions of this syndicate for 5k syndicate points". I'm not sure if they should be universal (each player sees the medallion of one of his active syndicates) or random. I changed my mind

ABILITIES

Spoiler
  • Allow all abilities to be cast while jumping, and maybe without cancelling reloads (delaying at most). Even banshee could start her ult in the air and fall for a bonus in first tic or something.
  • Effects invulnerability like Oberon's carpet or Trinity's link should prevent arson eximus and others from sending you flying (being knocked down is less annoying than the displacement itself)
  • Oberon's 1st augment buff to an ally should not be paused during transference  (the same probably applies to augments for ember, saryn, frost, volt)
  • Some control abilities (Trinity's EV, maybe others) lose their animation when the targeted enemy suffers other animation-creating events (like puncture procs). The ability is still partially working (energy bursts), but doesn't control the enemy anymore (no pain animation). As long as the ability is up, all its effects should remain.
  • Similarly, enemies with an effect preceded by an animation (shockwaves, blasts) shouldn't perform their effect if we managed to stop their animation (example of EV again). Or the animation shouldn't be interrupted, I don't mind. There should just be coherence between animations and effects.
  • Nullifiers' bubbles shouldn't cancel area abilities like Oberon's carpet or Frost's snow globe on contact : it should just "nullify" them locally, temporarily, and only inside the bubble.
  • Give Abilities like Nekros' Soul punch, ember's fire ball, frost's freeze, nyx's physical bolts, nova's null start, vauban's tesla, chroma's spectral scream etc. scaled damage thats so they actually become useful instead of being waste of energy later in games (by @(PS4)ThatPersonInMars ). No opinion.

EXCAVATIONS

Spoiler
  • Excavators should fly away instead of exploding when they are complete. It's confusing.
  • We should have to press the "use" key to call an excavator. Often, the excavator spawns right on top of you and you activate it by error.
  • We could also press the "use" key to add an energy cell to an excavator (more debatable but sometimes you need a cell that is close to a full excavator).
  • Carriers should have a reason for carrying energy cells. Else they're just kindly bringing them to us. Maybe give them a shield ? (but set their health similar to their allies') Or maybe they could drain energy from the excavator, slowing it down ? It would explain better why we use "%" and "s" as two different units while they're the same thing right now.
  • Enemies (and specifically carriers) should spawn more accurately near each active point. We often see no enemy at all for minutes in new rooms (especially in solo it seems).
  • Change the vertical line design of cells because it's confusing with rare mods or reactants.
  • Excavators that are still running when we extract should give cryotic. Or, broken excavators shouldn't give any cryotic (wouldn't be that bad : easier to follow the rotation).
  • Let us leave excavation or survival independently of other Tenno, like in other endless missions. No need to force people to stay, and no need to force others to leave. Except the host of course who'd have a timer.

FISSURES / RELICS

Spoiler
  • "Play now" shouldn't ask again for the relic you equip. Also, let us double click relics and remove the confirm window after choosing a relic.
  • Don't suppress the reactant markers when we look in their direction, rather only when we're close.
  • Don't enable exterminations in fissures, specifically as a change of objective. It's so frustrating to have 9/10 reactants when you reach extraction, and no enemy spawning anymore. It happened to me in a spy mission (we split up on purpose, but at the end nothing spawned).
  • If you look at the profile of someone while waiting at extraction, the choice of rewards doesn't come up for you ! That's annoying only once, but still a problem.
  • Rewards : common and rare colors are hard to differentiate. Commons rewards could simply be written in a distinct bronze color.
  • When playing alone (in solo or public), don't give us 15s to choose our only reward, or at least give us 2 choices.
  • Let us set waypoints for reactant (just don't show it to those who have enough, or already took it)
  • Show reactant "shadows" or "vertical lines" even when we have 10 so that we can mark them for allies.
  • Remove the immunity and stun animation when enemies get corrupted. Heal them and that's enough.
  • Rework the spawning mechanic of corrupted enemies : there could be a visual effect that shows them appearing progressively, together with a % factor applied to the damage they deal and receive : it starts at 0% when they're almost invisible, then grows up to 100% as they "materialize" after say, 4s.
  • Remove the corrupted yellow glow from dead enemies. I keep walking on them thinking there's a reactant. It's not respectful.
  • Make reactant pickups shared, like credits. We enjoy warframe gameplay, not catching balls. And currently it encourages leaving objectives like in excavations to avoid missing reactants.
  • Remove prime blueprints from relics, and place them as rewards in the void, maybe with a NPC we can ask to find a particular Bp, or as rewards from parkour rooms. That way, we'll have things to do in the void again and relics will contain only prime parts, i.e. objects as opposed to a simple "blueprint". I imagine some kind of little quest where we rescue a target, gather his information, and then go to a mobile defense to get the "recipe", the blueprint. No RNG involved, just some work to do (except some randomness in the consecutive mission types). Additionnally, and arguably, the relics would list the rewards only if we own corresponding Bps (else we can get them but they're shown as a "?"). It means that Bps would be the first step in getting the prime object instead of "just another part".
  • In the relics screen, apply text search when switching tabs (right now we have to add/remove a letter to activate the search).
  • During endless missions, let us refine relics (but no need for an additional timer : we'll do it while choosing).
  • Allow relic refinement in the navigation relic screen.
  • Allow un-refining relics for void traces (since we can get them in a refined state)
  • Show void traces count in fissure screen (from navigation)
  • Remove "Exceptional" and "Flawless" relics entirely. There's no reason to use them (I mean you can but that's not efficient). To be clear, there would be only "Intact" and "Radiant" relics.
  • Add relic tooltips in chat when clicking or mousing over a linked relic instead of the full screen that makes you lose the chat control (and therefore the line you clicked on). The tooltip would simply list the possible rewards and the relic count you own. Same info, smaller, quicker.
  • When selecting a relic, don't show the confirmation window if we clicked the button "equip for this mission". Maybe keep it if we double click a relic, but I'm not sure it's necessary.
  • Allow us to select a relic even after the timer ends during endless fissures. So many new players try to search and miss the timer.
  • When clicking a linked relic in chat, the relic count should include all relics, even if already refined.
  • Let us refine relics that are already refined ! Especially those we get in endless fissures.
  • Show vaulted relics as vaulted if we own them.
  • Gray out the relics from which we already obtained every item (including items we need twice)
  • Show all relics that we don't own. Either grayed out or in another group, smaller icons or something.

MOVEMENT

Spoiler
  • Right clicking to stick to walls is annoying, sometimes you want to aim glide and suddenly stop. Moving the camera while zooming is complicated too. Instead, it could be triggered by maintaining the space bar (release to jump off in the direction of crosshair).
  • Toggle sprint should make you sprint all the time, even after you shoot or do anything. Press sprint once and then forget it. Or should sprint be on by default (then pressing the key would make you walk) ? Similarly, pressing the sprint key continuously shouldn't be canceled by these actions (currently we need to un-press and press again in some cases).
  • Add an acceleration time of around 4sec to reach full sprint speed (2x current speed, to avoid spamming the slide+roll keys, as silly as previously with the coptering system).
  • Buff sprint speed for the Tennos that are furthest from objective/extraction ? (to help them join the rest of the team)
  • Remove little "edges" above most doors. We often find ourselves standing on the top of a door, it doesn't make sense and breaks the pace of our run.
  • Similar problem, from below : enable warframes to jump-climb cliff edges that are less than, say, 0.5m wide. We can climb a huge slick wall and can't even grab an edge that is right above us ? The animation could be nice. Much nicer than seeing new players bumping their heads repeatedly while trying to climb.
  • Make us press X to get out of archwing in "submersible" missions. We often get out of water by mistake (or the opposite, don't manage to get out).
  • Crouching and moving on a rough terrain results in sudden sliding (since you fall for a split second). Very annoying in stealth.
  • "jump + slide" should make capture targets fall again, together with nullifiers, and should interrupt most enemies animations (like heavy Grineer shockwaves). It is very fun way to control a single target (or a little group) with this technique that, of note, does almost no damage so I don't see why it should be nerfed. I used it a lot in capture to help new players complete the objective themselves.
  • Tweak the direction of rolling when in air. I find it hard to predict, based on current speed and camera direction. Or maybe I'm just bad. After a few tests, I realized the roll depends on the direction faced by the warframe and not the camera. It is annoying because the warframe sometimes turns very fast and unpredictably if we press movement keys.
  • Avoid situations where the player can't do anything ! When Grineer commanders use their teleport ability, don't impose the surprise animation : the player himself does it anyway to realize where he is, but faster, no need to simulate the surprise. Similarly, let us roll out of staggers (from quick thinking or Stalker's melee attacks). Rolling being the only allowed movement.
  • Bullet jump (crouch+jump) makes us jump in a direction higher than the reticule. It's annoying when aiming for a hole in the ceiling not directly above us.
  • Let us bullet jump and cast abilities from ziplines.
  • Sometimes we get stuck below a little edge when trying to bullet jump. The annoying thing is that it forces you in a crouch state even when you move out of the little edge, where you could stand up again. Very often, I tend to press space to jump over the little edge and of course it performs a bullet jump again although I didn't press crouch, and I'm stuck below the edge again.

NEW PLAYER EXPERIENCE

Spoiler

I recently created a brand new account and started from scratch, without any help from the old account. It's refreshing and interesting in terms of feedback :

• The howl of the kubrow quest should provide an incubator power core : crafting it requires nanospores, which is not in line with the expected level of players. (argon is fine : it seems to drop in all quests which is weird)
  • Rhino and Frost are the first warframes you can get, they shouldn't require Plastids to craft them. Plastids are too rare on Phobos, and Saturn is far away at this time.
  • The introduction quest should introduce the bullet jump and aim glide key combinations. I was surprised not to see the good tutorial we got when the movement system was released. Honestly nobody goes to the codex when they need tutorials.
  • Maybe lock infested missions before the player completes the once awake quest. Doesn't make sense to meet infested before they're released.
  • In the arsenal, "equip", list the weapons you can buy with credits first by default (after those you own I mean).
  • In the arsenal, "equip", list the lvl 0 weapons first if sorting by rank !
  • Ascaris negator : why do we keep the blueprint after using it ? Looks like we get 2 in fact. Same with other quest related items like Chroma signal objects.
  • The earth excavation spawns too many enemies for a beginner mission. I went there with a MR 2 player (my test account was MR1) and we couldn't even defend the first excavator. After one day and a few mods I could play it alone easily, so the main problem is that the mission is accessible in the very first nodes of the game. It's too different from the usual difficulty around.
  • Maroo isn't introduced to new players yet they can access the bazaar before accessing the quest [stolen dreams], which is given when leaving mars for phobos ironically enough.
  • In the archwing quest, Lotus talks about a dangerous fomorian without even explaining what is a fomorian : it was clear during the event, but maybe the text needs some refreshing ?
  • After the MR3 test, the player should be hinted to join a syndicate. Also explain the sigil mechanism when he joins one.
  • Add a basic universal stance mod (maxed at 2 mod points maybe) to introduce stances to players.
  • Add a basic aura too, maybe a damaged Rejuvenation would fit well.
  • Many new players don't find out how to unlock PoE to access eurasia. Add a progression marker telling them to talk to konzu maybe ?
  • A few more ideas by @tsoa :
Spoiler

The stance mods could have much less combos and should be given for all beginner melees (Skana, MK1-Bo, MK1-Furax) even if you buy them later with credits. The difficulty with the damaged aura mod is that Excal has no polarity in the aura slot whereas Mag and Volt have V. That could be easily remedied by e.g. giving all auras the same polarity (+same amout of points). It's a shame that we are restricted that way and I wonder how many people have choosen to forma their frame to fit Bried Respite in which is the only aura with a = polarity.

Maxing damaged mods shouldn't cost credits (and endo). Credits is the thing that most early players struggle with. In the end new players will max the regular mods anyway, so charging them for the upgrade of the damaged ones is a bit much imho. Another option is to reduce the price for the damaged mods by a factor of 10 so they learn that upgrading mods actually costs stuff.

Changing between accounts is rather tedious. So I'd like if there would be an option on the login screen to choose which account we want to play.

Key bindings are only stored locally, which is annoying if you share a computer with someone else. At least give us the option to save them globally. I would even pay plat for this change because it would make life much easier.

Another beef I have with key bindings is that all play modes (normal, Archwing, Lunaro) are stuffed together. In Archwing I like the default controls whereas in the normal gameplay I need control and shift to be reversed, otherwise my fingers start to hurt. Therefore I had to place the Archwing acceleration on caps lock, which opened another can of worms... So I wish we could set the controls for each mode separately.

COMPANIONS

Spoiler
  • Add an order system ("defend here !" "stop attacking !" "focus on this enemy !"), maybe through "stances" that give a limited number of options as proposed in comments.
  • Enable us to search dens without destroying them (duration of 4s, higher egg chance) ?
  • Carrier seems to throw drops out of the map sometimes for other players (Carnage2K4 's thread here )
  • Instead of a vacuum system for pets, let us teach them to retrieve items like feral kubrows, with a selectable importance order (rare ressources / credits / endo / mods first ?)
  • "Put in stasis" option should be available in the main companion screen (I often confuse it with "consign").

MODS

Spoiler
  • Remove mods colors showing rarity (back to original mods color), because colors are a lot of shiny info for no real reason. Leave stars for rarity, and optionally let us chose the frame colors to identify favorite mods ourselves ? I really appreciated when mods had each their own color, and I still miss it. That could be an option too.
  • Rework the notion of rarity. The fact that stances (and most mods) are obtained through two layers of RNG makes the "rarity" notion very vague. Indeed you first need to find the right enemy, which requires different efforts among the enemy list, and then there's the usual randomness of the drops. Maybe rarity should be based on the number of mods really obtained by all players, actualized every week maybe, and shown in the codex. Rarity in terms of amount of endo to upgrade a mod should have a distinct name.
  • Invert names of various archwing mods so that it feels more logical ("efficient" seems better for efficiency, "morphic" for range, "amplifier" for strength, "durability" for duration). I would bet it was intended like that initially.
  • Add an option to auto-sell or auto-dissolve all duplicate common mods we get in missions (if we have more than 2 maybe) ?
  • In the arsenal, let us double click mods to enter a fusion mode without leaving the page : the process is much simpler now ! It would require showing the total endo owned too.
  • Add a right-click popup for any mod in arsenal, giving a detailed explanation of what it does (very often unclear currently). I bet players would be very happy to contribute and vote for the best description.
  • Mods shouldn't show as "new" if we already owned them and then sold them.
  • Add an augment mod slot ! Really, I rarely use augments because I can't accept to make my warframe weaker just for them.
  • Carrier looting mod : it should attack resources similarly to containers. Also it shouldn't take so long to activate.
  • Damaged mods should not be upgradable. What a waste of endo and credits. Just replace them with normal mods ?
  • Show kuva in the mods screen even without selecting a riven.

ARCHWING

Spoiler
  • Make exploring rewarding, in this mode too ! Maybe put a ton of resources inside an asteroid sometimes, and credit treasures in corpus maps.
  • Add more variety in archwing missions (requires a lot of work but @(PS4)Ninjhetto  noted it below)
  • Melee : the camera should go back instead of closing up. Currently we can't see anything so we just press melee blindly.
  • Fix aiming going crazy when using invisibility sometimes (easy to see with fluctus, doesn't shoot where you're aiming at). Maybe the same occurs with Odonata's 1st ability.
  • Show archwing loadout in the lobby ? Only when voting for an archwing mission.
  • Shield dargyn's shield is larger than it appears : sometimes you can't even shoot another enemy that is clearly not behind the shield area.
  • In 6D option, let us press "R" to rotate back to the original "horizontal" plane.
  • In archwing, the map needs a complete rework. The "above" and "below" signs don't mean anything and are even more confusing since we can be upside down. It should at least be based on the plane defined by a normal vertical vector (from the player perspective).

FOCUS & OPERATORS

Révélation
  • Despite the rework, there is no way to reach the focus daily cap without farming specifically for maxing affinity, which in my opinion is wrong : we should get focus by playing the game, using the weapons we like, helping each other in any mission. That's how I idealize it at least. But now it's like if the game forced us to use boring mechanics that are absolutely anti-fun, to maximize affinity with specific weapons prepared with good lenses, like solo stealth exterminates repeatedly or defenses with warframes that kill every enemy without even seeing them. Every day ! I propose a solution : multiply any focus gained by 10, but with a soft cap (decreasing effectiveness) for all weapons/warframes to encourage using a variety of them. Example of how it could be calculated :
    Révélation

With n an integer, after reaching a nth of the total focus at a 10*r rate (r is the current rate), the rate of the focus gains for one lens would be reduced to
    r * (n-1)/(n-1/10)
    Numeric example: for n=4 and one single lens, you'd get one forth of your daily focus gains at 10x rate, then it would be reduced to 77% of the current rate if you stick with the same lens, reaching the daily cap in the same amount of total affinity. But if you switch the warframe/weapon between missions 4 times, you'll reach the total 10x faster.
    A more reasonable example would be n=16, meaning you'd need 4 complete sets of {warframe + 3weapons} equipped with lenses to reach the cap 10x faster than now, while with only 1 complete set it would be reduced to 90% after a 16th of the daily cap for each weapon, reaching to daily cap as slowly as now in total.

• Change scale for focus : multiply all values so that a weapon with a normal lens gets as much focus as it would get affinity. Multiply daily cap by same value of course. I see no reason to have different scales for things that have the same source.
  • Operator kills should give focus points without a lens ! It's the operator after all. Lenses would factor it.
  • Remove convergence orbs ! It's not only that they're annoying, but they often distract us from objectives, they tempt us to ignore downed teammates, and not only when we go pick them, but also all the time they're active. Here's a beautiful way to express it:
  • When transferring from operator to warframe, there's a delay between activation and transfer, so if the operator is moving/turning during the delay we have a very annoying rollback for our position and facing direction. The same happens the other way around but the operator "jumps" out of the warframe so it's less annoying.
  • As a client, the operator keeps going into a sprint locked mode, preventing us from firing amps if moving. Pressing sprint key once stops that behavior until we transfer again. That doesn't happen as a host.
  • Let us select a focus school from the arsenal and attach it to a loadout.
  • Let players use the operator ability of their focus school even after The War Within (by pressing 5). Operators are supposed to learn things, not forget them. Also, teach them this ability after The Second Dream, most don't realize they have it.
  • Little bug : go to a console, close enough to see the message "hack", then transfer to operator, the "hack" message doesn't appear anymore so you can't use the console.
  • Operator passives should always be activated. There's no reason to limit it anymore since we no longer have timers on transference.
  • Operator special abilities could only add an effect if they're used on an enemy. Example : void dash through an enemy to get Zenurik energy bubble / Madurai flames.

PLAINS OF EIDOLON

Révélation

GENERAL

• Add sections for AMP, Zaw, and PoE resources in foundry !
  • Let us access our foundry from Cetus too.
  • Let us equip Amps from the quills room and/or arsenal.
  • The Klebrik Scaffold attack (homing beam) keeps targeting dead or invulnerable enemies (like corpses, lures, bursas, broken cameras, non-activated turrets) and doesn't target arc traps. Even as a host, although it's less annoying.
  • Name zaws by including the strike (blade) name or even all its components' names.
  • When you get a 2nd zaw, it is listed with the previous one if you filter weapons per usage, rather than in last position. So they're almost considered as "the same" weapon.
  • Show the current Amp in the arsenal ! And form a name based on its components too.
  • Don't set the chat to Cetus when going back from PoE, leave it in the channel I was in !
  • Is it day or night in PoE ? Let us know from the navigation screen ! Same for Earth missions by the way, where half should be at night and half in daylight.
  • Add a time or a "clock" to the HUD, maybe only in the menu, in plains & Cetus.
  • Add a warning for players who didn't complete The Second Dream, at night.
  • Make Lotus talk in a hushed voice when we're fishing. That would be adorable !
  • When I equip a spear, please equip the previous bait I used, not always the first bait in the wheel.
  • Fishing spears sometimes make you walk forward when equipping, and are invisible in that case. How many times did I fall to water because of that ? :) To reproduce, equip a spear, then quickly switch to a weapon while aiming and to another spear.
  • Fishing spears should behave like mining tools :
           - equip and then switch back to weapon if pressing button twice (in fact any gear wheel shortcut is cancelled with spears, probably because of the bait wheel, it's annoying)
           - let us use melee attacks, either with spears or with our melee weapon (better)
  • Host migration freezes fishes and stops dyes from working (from client to host at least). Baits are fine though, only new fishes can be obtained.
  • Go fishing as a client, then do 1 incursion, then go to cetus corridor and leave squad : fishes are lost. In fact it can happen even without doing an incursion, but not always.
  • Add "abort current objective" option in menus to stay in PoE and maybe propose to restart the objective.
  • When aborting from PoE, put us in Cetus next to PoE's door rather than in the landing area.
  • Free roam and first bounties are way too hard for beginners : simply reduce spawns.
  • Turrets of Bolkor ships have their health bar swapped with the ship itself. Right ? Also, I think they shouldn't be hitscan. It's fine that they deal high damage, but we should be able to avoid them with mobility.
  • Make breath of the Eidolon something we can get from Teralyst, like during its phases of teleport or capture. By void dashing through it for instance.
  • The 100% drop from Vomvalysts seems to be there just to charge lures, so it's almost useless because we charge them directly with spectral forms, and yet it catches the eye much more than intact cores, which are the drop we're interested in. Either remove this drop or add an effect when we grab it (operator shield).
  • Eidolon cores should be shared, just like all resources should be shared similarly to credits. It's even more impactfull with eidolon cores because they distract us and make us ignore the fight when we should help.
  • Gara quest : many players look for Saya in the plains because konzu says "in the outskirts" of Cetus. Maybe prevent access to Cetus in this particular phase of the quest ?

MATCHMAKING

• The corridor between Cetus and PoE should be a matchmaking system for people in Public. Meaning we would chose what happens. If I want to enter PoE fast, I go interact with the 2nd door and I'll host. Else, I wait in the middle and the game searches for squads either already in PoE or all waiting in the corridor. If the squad is formed from people in the corridor, select the best host or let players chose. I can even go back to Cetus door and interact with it to go back there (leaving squad). Alternative : see the linked image for an example.

juCvl6jl.png

• If the above isn't possible, at least add a count down if the game finds no available squad, like with other missions : I don't want to be forced to host.
  • Since it's not a procedurally generated map, PoE should be loaded before searching for a squad, independently of whether we're the host or a client. Right ?
  • Allow players to leave PoE individually, freely. And without penalty as currently. Let us extract anywhere when not in combat, just like in saya's vigil quest when our landing craft comes pick us out ! The cool animation is already there ! In the particular case of the host leaving, set a timer to give other players a choice, like a vote or 1min to reach Cetus door or they will have a host migration.
  • If "the connection to the host has been lost", well then let me play solo to complete what I started, or better give me a choice !
  • Let us set our activities (bounty number n  /  free roaming  /  Teralyst hunts) so that the matchmaking system makes us join people with the same goal.
  • Let people join each other from different PoE sessions, if they wish, each time they start the same activity. And open the session to newcomers each time of course.
  • If I'm invited while in solo, even if the host is in public I can't invite people to the new squad ("you are in solo mode" - "no I'm not anymore")

BOUNTIES

• Plains bounties should be accessible from a npc inside the plains, or a board, or a mobile menu interface, or a phone call to Konzu really.
  • Even better than above, replace completely the incursions by bounties with a smart way to trigger the bounty level. For instance by hacking a radio tower in Grineer camps, and then choosing from a list of 5 intercepted communications. It would seem more alive if we had an impact on what is started rather than just waiting for Lotus to find a job for us. It would also let us chose another level for bounties, possibly.
  • High level incursions (after a bounty) give 800 standing but the rewards are still garbage. Hopefully the incursions will be replaced anyway.
  • Add "owned", count, and mods descriptions to the bounty possible rewards list.
  • Remove the "completed" info on plains bounties because it doesn't matter anymore (we get standing and rewards anyway now)
  • "Liberate the camp" bounty can be hard in solo because enemies sometimes spawn in caves and we don't have time to reach them in case of "weak" camp control.
  • Similar issue with multiple bounties starting in caves, but with markers on the surface.
  • "Rescue the hostage" bounty seems to always launch the collar bomb timer if we stealth kill one of them, although they keep walking and ignoring us.
  • Compared to other bounties, the armored vault defense takes too long.
  • Sometimes you click on a bounty and leave Konzu but no bounty is kept. Sometimes it's also lost while loading to PoE, resulting in free roam.
  • When entering the PoE with a drone escort mission up, the drone doesn't get a marker.
  • The relics we can get from bounties should be randomized. It might seem a good idea to allow players to get a specific relic, however it's even more frustrating when it's not a relic you want, and you can get far too many of the same in a short time. The previous time I tried to get Eidolon lenses, I ended up with 75 times the same Axi relic. It would be better if any relic could drop, depending on the tier of course. That would be a good alternative to other Axi relic farm spots, but should be tweaked to require a similar amount of work.

ARCHWING

• My biggest issue is about inertia : if you move and "sprint" you can build up some inertia, which we see when we release controls and look around. However if you aim, or press a movement key suddenly your speed vector aligns with your aim, so you turn instantly and without losing speed! That's very unrealistic and annoying.
  • Slowing down in archwing isn't effective enough. Especially because we can't turn back and sprint to break because of the inertia bug.
  • The camera keeps turning on an longitudinal axis (axis of our movement) when pressing sprint + left or right. It's okay in 6D movement, but not here. It reverts when we release controls but it's annoying.
  • When you don't sprint in archwing your height is set, it's annoying too : try climbing a mountain without sprinting ! Of course this is to allow moving while aiming down but it needs some more work : the problem is when you actually want to move up or down, you have to press sprint which isn't always fine (space and crouch to go up/down are not quick enough). Also height should be set only relative to terrain elevation ! In fact I would prefer normal archwing commands, having to press forward and space to move forward while aiming down, or just counting on inertia to go forward while I'm aiming down. At least give us the option.
  • Let us mine and fish in archwing ! That would be glorious. Seriously.
  • Archwing limited uses are fine, that makes us care about missiles. Except that as a client we often don't get any missile warning at all. Maybe knock us off of archwing only when reaching 0 HP, and add an archwing "stability" bar that would be filled in 3 explosions ?
  • Let us use melee in archwing. That would require using another key to jump off of course.
  • We should be able to land, walk, and take flight again as long as the AW deployable is not destroyed.
  • Add an archwing marker on the map for the deployed AW.
  • Let us capture a target in archwing ! There are few things more irritating than doing your best to avoid hellion missiles, killing everyone, and then lose your archwing just because you capture the target...

CETUS

• Cetus in solo mode ! The crowded place absolutely breaks immersion and framerates for many people. Same for relays and dojo by the way. And it could make inviting much easier. Or simply let us set a limit number of people to display, anywhere.
  • Let us use /unstuck in Cetus ?
  • After Gara's quest, interacting with Konzu should open a single menu showing both bounties and standing (including "next title").
  • Fish woman : please make her repeat her lines only once.
  • Fish woman : add a select all button, maybe even 3 checkboxes (S,M,L) to select all fishes of selected sizes.
  • When buying bait, the NPC should give a hint on how to use it. "Baits can be very useful to catch fishes, but it's not so easy, you need to observe and find where to use them !" There is actually a hint in the foundry but who would pay attention there ? I didn't.

Of course there are many other possible items, feel free to propose yours and I'll actualize the OP.

Have a nice day ! :)

Edited by Lluid
Actualyzed - added entries - added spoilers - merged with PoE feedback - added images

I'll adapt the OP when I have new lists to add, some items to remove, or if I see feedback like above.

New items this time :

Spoiler
  • Remove little "edges" above most doors. We often find ourselves standing on the top of a door, it doesn't make sense and breaks the pace of our run.
  • Similar problem, from below : enable warframes to jump-climb cliff edges that are less than, say, 0.5m wide. We can climb a huge slick wall and can't even grab an edge that is above us ?
  • with bows, it's easy to see that shooting through a window (or an enemy) deviates the arrow. More precisely, it's a third person view consequence : the arrow doesn't follow the direction given by {camera + crosshair} but rather {weapon + first solid thing touched in crosshair's direction}. It seems logical, but the fact that a direction is defined by another direction makes it hard to use in game. Sometimes it even makes you fire at an enemy behind you (if he's in front of the camera). All this doesn't happen if you zoom with weapons that have a first person zoom of course. Please give us the option to switch between the two aiming possibilities (I don't know if we should allow the arrow to be shot from the camera, or more simply make the camera come in first person when zooming with any weapon)
  • fissure rewards : common and rare colors are hard to differentiate. Commons rewards could simply be written in black.
  • fissure rewards : when playing alone (in solo or public), don't give us 15s to choose our only reward, or at least give us 2 choices.
  • navigation screen : don't zoom on previous planet (even more disturbing after a derelict mission since you zoom where you weren't)
  • navigation : zoom on the mouse pointer when using the mouse wheel (instead of zooming on the center of the screen).
  • menus : activate the search bar by default. That would require that the "chat" key should be, say, "enter" instead of "T".
  • when logging in, don't load Excalibur by default. I'd prefer waiting a few seconds and then see my liset with the warframe correctly loaded.
  • Boosters shouldn't activate automatically. Instead, they should appear in the menus and be activated on demand. Especially those we get as login rewards.
  • give more info on the white little icons in the top right of the screen when in the liset. They concern foundry items ready, boosters, real money offers. New players usually don't understand them easily.
  • squad : allow us to invite someone when we're not in the navigation screen. We can do it through the "esc" menu, so why not from the chat or the friend menu ?
  • similarly, switch automatically from solo to "invite only" when inviting someone (instead of displaying a message).
  • place the "rank up" button in another, more visible, place. Also introduce new players to it.
  • "jump + slide" should make capture targets fall again, together with nullifiers, and should interrupt most enemies animations (like heavy Grineer shockwaves). It is very fun way to control a single target (or a little group) with this technique that, of note, does almost no damage. I used it a lot in capture to help new players complete the objective themselves.

Edited by Lluid

Also regarding the Codex (and Synthesis) Scanner - allow the initiation of the scanning process to "lock-on" to your target as it scans, a la Metroid Prime.

Optionally, also allow the scanners to scan the bodies of enemies we've just killed.

Edited by NeoRetro10K

5 hours ago, NeoRetro10K said:

Also regarding the Codex (and Synthesis) Scanner - allow the initiation of the scanning process to "lock-on" to your target as it scans, a la Metroid Prime.

Optionally, also allow the scanners to scan the bodies of enemies we've just killed.

The first idea is debatable : the difficulty to scan is intended, it's not an "easy improvement" that everybody would agree about (I'm trying to stick to this rule, even with my opinions).

The second idea makes sense, though enemies don't stay on the floor for the same time depending on how they died. Should it be corrected ? (that would affect Nekros' desecrate obviously)

2 hours ago, Carnage2K4 said:

Carrier Vacuum bug fixed...

I know no1 want to talk about it for some reason, but it's been in the game for as long as I've been playing... 4-5 months....

What bug exactly ? Seems you don't want to talk about it either. :p

Edited by Lluid

On 9/7/2016 at 3:33 PM, Lluid said:
  • "Join a lone Tenno in need". When a new player is alone in a game, in public, and having trouble (whether he dies once or just looses health maybe?) enable others to join if they want to help (without ruining his experience by killing everything of course). There could be a special "node" on each planet that activates when help is needed. And no special reward, so that only those who really want to help come.

I really like the idea of this. Warframe is a difficult game to learn when you first start out. 

Maybe when you join the new player and help them and such, when you peace out it will ask them, was this Tenno good help?

And then when you hit a certain level of rep for helping new players you could literally become "A guide of the lotus" And get like a Syandana, Emblem etc. Maybe a badge on your profile screen and forums?

And if you went in and trolled new players and got negative rep you would be blocked from playing Help a lone tenno. 

I agree with most of the other points too :) Gj I hope DE Sees this.

3 hours ago, (XB1)Englands Own said:

Bring prime farming back to endless missions, giving the player the choice of endless or fissure missions.It'd make prime farming/ducat farming more enjoyable once again.The fissure missions for me personally are pretty dull/easy.

Most players agree about bringing back an endless function to fissures, but how to do that is very debatable, that's why I don't address that in this thread.

Great list, well presented and is nice and constructive. If I could double up-vote I would.

Big thumbs up for the quest points too, as a new player it's difficult sometimes to work out what to do next. The Silver Grove was a perfect example, telling you to collect flower scans/samples.....from where? I know personally I can Google it but surely a few hint lines on where to farm this stuff isn't hard to add to the game?

And then there was this gem:  Remove little "edges" above most doors. Possibly one of the most frustrating parts of the game for me, especially when trying to quickly bug out, beat a countdown or rush to a downed team mate.

Top effort, great list, crossing fingers and toes that some of these get attention!!

Added three more lines.

Spoiler
  • let us set waypoints for reactant (and don't show it to those who have enough, or already took it)

• remove the immunity when enemies get corrupted. The healing is more debatable.

• remove the corrupted yellow glow from dead enemies. I keep walking on them thinking there's a reactant.

On 13 September 2016 at 3:40 PM, Lluid said:

The first idea is debatable : the difficulty to scan is intended, it's not an "easy improvement" that everybody would agree about (I'm trying to stick to this rule, even with my opinions).

The second idea makes sense, though enemies don't stay on the floor for the same time depending on how they died. Should it be corrected ? (that would affect Nekros' desecrate obviously)

What bug exactly ? Seems you don't want to talk about it either. :p

Added a few more items.

Spoiler

- Add a recruiting board or a matchmaking option for fissure missions so that we can _join only people with the same relic and refinement_. More generally, a board showing player-created objectives (maybe among a exhaustive list) to join easily people with the same goal as you, without using the crowded boring chat.
- Add a selling board, where sellers register their goods and prices, and buyers consult all offers for a given good at once. No need for the seller to be available, and maybe not even connected. Less people stolen. More incentive for using plat, wihch isn't bad for the company. It would probably necessitate to prevent re-selling a good.
- let players finish a fissure mission if they didn't complete the 10 reactants (but make sure fissures will still appear, sometimes they stop)

- Carrier seems to throw drops out of the map sometimes for other players (Carnage2K4 's thread here)

• 3 weeks later...

A few more :

Spoiler

- Rework in-mission challenges so that they can actually be achieved (like "hack a console" in a mission with no console). Might have a cycle of 3 possible challenges maybe ?
- Weakpoints : give info about them in the codex, and bring variety back : the previous ancient infested had weakpoints in the feet, it was fun to adapt to them.
- "No weapon" melee attacks : if we don't equip a melee weapon, let us use our fists and feet anyway.
- Mobile defense systems : we often walk over them when trying to start the objective
- Ospreys' yellow mines and slow projectiles (i.e. bombard, napalm) : shouldn't we be able to shoot them ?
- Ayatan sculptures and rare crates : they should spawn only in secret rooms, and we should be given hints, clues. Finding them is just based on luck right now, it doesn't encourage exploring and therefore isn't fun. Exploring would be fun if we had a chance to find clues that lead to them (in secret rooms only).

On 07/09/2016 at 11:33 PM, Lluid said:

Boosters shouldn't activate automatically. Instead, they should appear in the menus and be activated on demand. Especially those we get as login rewards.

I agree for many points in this topic, but this one is massively important.

some times I don't have enough courage to login fearing to get booster that I can't a benefit at the moment !!!!!

On 13/09/2016 at 0:30 PM, Kepsiis said:

I really like the idea of this. Warframe is a difficult game to learn when you first start out. 

Maybe when you join the new player and help them and such, when you peace out it will ask them, was this Tenno good help?

And then when you hit a certain level of rep for helping new players you could literally become "A guide of the lotus" And get like a Syandana, Emblem etc. Maybe a badge on your profile screen and forums?

And if you went in and trolled new players and got negative rep you would be blocked from playing Help a lone tenno. 

I agree with most of the other points too :) Gj I hope DE Sees this.

very nice <3 

12 minutes ago, AhmadAlz said:

I agree for many points in this topic, but this one is massively important.

some times I don't have enough courage to login fearing to get booster that I can't a benefit at the moment !!!!!

I concur, many times I've logged off before login change over, just because I didn't want to get a booster at that particular time.

The Companion needs a command list, or atleast a "stance" if you will.

Defense Stance: Wont attack, will only follow, will attack w/e attacks you or it.

Attack: Will actively attack anything around you, will follow you until it meets something

Follow: wont attack at all, will only follow, even when attacked. 

There should also be orders we can give it.

As for Reactants, cut down on Lotits talking about the reactant every game for like 10 minutes.  You found a reactant, you need more to open the relic, gather that reactant, you need more reactant, a fissure you will get somereactant there, hey, tenno, you need reactant, Tenno, put some of that reactant in my fissure.  Reactant, you gotta get some to crack that relic, oh tenno, there is some reactant right there, pick it up.  Reactant on the floor over there, get some to crack open the relic....and its like STFU Lotits, I KNOW I need reactant....

On 9/8/2016 at 4:33 AM, Lluid said:

Toggle sprint should make you sprint all the time, even after you shoot or do anything. Press sprint once and then forget it. Or should sprint be on by default (then pressing the key would make you walk) ?

I think Steve said something about Sprint going to be the default and holding current Sprint key makes you walk slower.

Buff sprint speed for the Tennos that are behind ?

How do you define "behind" in programming terms?

Double jump could use like 1 energy and some particles to "explain" how it works. Also it rarely makes jumps higher, but rather longer. Add a bit of height ? (especially if we could charge the space bar)

No. Why would you want it to use energy? It works fine as is and double jump is intuitive to anyone who ever played platformer in their lives. We don't need to make it more complicated.

• Excavators that are still running when we extract should give cryotic. Or, broken excavators shouldn't give any cryotic (wouldn't be that bad : easier to follow the rotation).
  • Excavators should fly away instead of exploding when they are complete. It's confusing.
  • We should have to press the "use" key to call an excavator. Often, the excavator spawns right on top of you and you activate it by error.
  • We could also press the "use" key to add an energy cell to an excavator.

No on the first point. I'm neutral on whether broken excavators should give cryotics or not but it does give a crutch to players who couldn't reach the final number.

Agree on second.

Agree on third.

Not agree on fourth. It's adding more context sensitive action for no real benefit. If you're near an excavator and you don't want to accidentally feed it your cell, just drop the cell and grab it when the excavator is done.

"Join a lone Tenno in need". When a new player is alone in a game, in public, and having trouble (whether he dies once or just looses health maybe?) enable others to join if they want to help (without ruining his experience by killing everything of course). There could be a special "node" on each planet that activates when help is needed. And no special reward, so that only those who really want to help come.

How about this instead (as a band-aid): a special chat room that newbies are auto-joined until they leave it in options (like region chat). Only MR6 and below can type in this room although anyone can join and listen. Higher than MR6 has a different colored names in the chat list. Newbies can ask for help here and players who wanted to help newbies can stay here and keep an eye. If newbies have questions, they can always go into PMs (so as not to clutter the chat). The reasoning for this chat room is so that newbies won't have to clutter Recruitment chat, where their pleas would often get ignored and buried under tons of relic and Akkad runs advertisements.

6 hours ago, KnightCole said:

The Companion needs a command list, or atleast a "stance" if you will.

I didn't think about the "stance" option, it's could be interesting. However it would address the problems only if it gives a list of possible orders, not just a static behavior : it should allow us to adapt to different situations in the same mission.

4 hours ago, JalakBali said:

I think Steve said something about Sprint going to be the default and holding current Sprint key makes you walk slower.

Nice !

How do you define "behind" in programming terms?

Simply compare the distance to extraction. I believe it's already calculated, for instance in rescue missions to determine who the hostage should follow.

No. Why would you want it to use energy? It works fine as is and double jump is intuitive to anyone who ever played platformer in their lives. We don't need to make it more complicated.

This is a debatable idea, agreed. It was only a matter of "explaining" how the double jump works. Some platformers have explainations, others don't. Some players think it's important to have "explanations" to every gameplay aspect. It doesn't need to be "realistic", just reasonable. The fact that it uses 1 energy would be a problem only if magnetic effects still remove all our energy, which I addressed in another point.

I'm neutral on whether broken excavators should give cryotics or not but it does give a crutch to players who couldn't reach the final number.

Do you know anyone who really cares about the amount of cryotic they get ? I think the number of rewards obtained is the only think that matters to players. If players couldn't reach 100%, two possibilities : they reached 100% on another excavator, so at least they have 100 cryotic, or they will fail the mission and won't get any cryotic anyway.

Not agree on fourth. It's adding more context sensitive action for no real benefit. If you're near an excavator and you don't want to accidentally feed it your cell, just drop the cell and grab it when the excavator is done.

I added the 4th after a comment above, stating that sometimes you want to grab a cell that is near an excavator, to give it to another excavator. You know, when no enemy spawns near the new excavator. :)

How about this instead (as a band-aid): a special chat room that newbies are auto-joined until they leave it in options (like region chat). Only MR6 and below can type in this room although anyone can join and listen. Higher than MR6 has a different colored names in the chat list. Newbies can ask for help here and players who wanted to help newbies can stay here and keep an eye. If newbies have questions, they can always go into PMs (so as not to clutter the chat). The reasoning for this chat room is so that newbies won't have to clutter Recruitment chat, where their pleas would often get ignored and buried under tons of relic and Akkad runs advertisements.

Interesting. However, I think many "new" players don't want to look weak and ask for help, while others don't want to use the chat at all (or can't because of language). I'd be more interested in something automatic.

Edited by Lluid

3 hours ago, Lluid said:

Simply compare the distance to extraction. I believe it's already calculated, for instance in rescue missions to determine who the hostage should follow.

So it only works when extraction is located? Why not just give everyone the buff then? Because with this, it would feel more like a penalty to the one in front.

3 hours ago, Lluid said:

Do you know anyone who really cares about the amount of cryotic they get ? I think the number of rewards obtained is the only think that matters to players. If players couldn't reach 100%, two possibilities : they reached 100% on another excavator, so at least they have 100 cryotic, or they will fail the mission and won't get any cryotic anyway.

For alerts or special missions, yeah. Enemies get tougher as time goes on and there are times when PUGs are not prepared for the tougher fights and couldn't keep the excavators live long enough. The recovered cryotics is a crutch just to get that last bit. Personally, I'd prefer it of the cryotics recovered are time based, Like, as the excavator keeps mining, you get cryotics until the reserve is depleted, or you keep the ones already mined when the excavator gets blown up.

3 hours ago, Lluid said:

Interesting. However, I think many "new" players don't want to look weak and ask for help, while others don't want to use the chat at all (or can't because of language). I'd be more interested in something automatic.

You can't make it automatic where any player can enter another players' games if they're "in trouble" per some sort of checking system. You can only flag it as "open" or "private". Otherwise there WILL be complains from players who wanted a private game, even though he was having trouble, getting "help" from other players. If it's a language problem, then a simple Request Assistance system could also work. Like, the player picks a node and pick the option Request Assistance and they'd automatically do some sort of announcement with the node they need help with. The other players can click on the announcement to join his team.

2 hours ago, JalakBali said:

So it only works when extraction is located? Why not just give everyone the buff then? Because with this, it would feel more like a penalty to the one in front.

Well, a mission is not a race between players. A buff to those behind isn't a penalty for the guy in the front : he would even wait less at extraction ! The objective of this buff is only to help players stay together, without needing the double panels doors. An interesting alternative would be a "teleport to player" system, with limitations of course. Debatable.

For alerts or special missions, yeah. [...] The recovered cryotics is a crutch just to get that last bit.

You're right, I forgot those cases. It's just a detail though since the objective could become, say, "complete 8 extractors" instead of "extract 1000 cryotic". I proposed it so that it makes sense with the other idea (extractors fly away if they're not destroyed).

You can't make it automatic where any player can enter another players' games if they're "in trouble" per some sort of checking system. You can only flag it as "open" or "private". Otherwise there WILL be complains from players who wanted a private game, even though he was having trouble, getting "help" from other players. If it's a language problem, then a simple Request Assistance system could also work. Like, the player picks a node and pick the option Request Assistance and they'd automatically do some sort of announcement with the node they need help with. The other players can click on the announcement to join his team.

I don't understand, people wanting a private game can already play in "invite only". I think most players that play in "public" would like to have friends joining them, as long as they don't ruin the experience by killing everything and/or rushing. The "Request Assistance" option isn't a bad idea, but I don't see reasons not to make it automatic instead.

I'll add your opinions to the OP though ! ^^

On 10/3/2016 at 0:30 AM, Lluid said:

Well, a mission is not a race between players. A buff to those behind isn't a penalty for the guy in the front : he would even wait less at extraction ! The objective of this buff is only to help players stay together, without needing the double panels doors. An interesting alternative would be a "teleport to player" system, with limitations of course. Debatable.

I was just confused on how this would be implemented when the whole team is racing to extraction with no one constantly being in the lead. The buff would go in and out all the time. The better option is to apply to a buff to the whole team once someone reached extraction. But I personally think this will have very little benefit. In the old days, there was even a penalty for not reaching extraction in the form of forfeiting the credit reward but that didn't change behavior at all.

On 10/3/2016 at 0:30 AM, Lluid said:

I don't understand, people wanting a private game can already play in "invite only". I think most players that play in "public" would like to have friends joining them, as long as they don't ruin the experience by killing everything and/or rushing. The "Request Assistance" option isn't a bad idea, but I don't see reasons not to make it automatic instead.

Like I said, the problem with it being automatic would be needing a system where the game could distinguish a player getting a problem in a non-public game as requesting assistance to trying to do this solo. There's no such system since it is trying to determine unknown intention. Flagging a mission as Invite Only, Friends Only, etc, are declarations of intention.

Edited by JalakBali
addition