Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

List of 200 "easy" improvements to the game (v.17)

Lluid

add something where when I'm reloading and I fall a couple of feet, it doesn't cancel the reload.  Or if I am more than 3/4 of the way thru my reload and I can animation canceled (by a scorpion or being knocked over) I don't have to completely restart reloading.

And for just general balance make it so Snipers have a shorter reload time in general.  They're already struggling as it is.  3 seconds for 6 rounds on a Rubico when I can reload 200 on Soma Prime in the same amount of time is a bit insane.

• 3 weeks later...

I love this idea, I really do. But....most of the startchart is dead. I do admit a lot of new game modes and relics etc have really breathed life back into the starchart, but for the most part it's dead. How does it work if 5 people in queue have I want to host checked, it just does the normal and picks 1?

I really do feel this will be a nice QoL improvement to the game as a whole though.

14 hours ago, Coaa said:

I love this idea, I really do. But....most of the startchart is dead. I do admit a lot of new game modes and relics etc have really breathed life back into the starchart, but for the most part it's dead. How does it work if 5 people in queue have I want to host checked, it just does the normal and picks 1?

I really do feel this will be a nice QoL improvement to the game as a whole though.

People choosing "I want to host" would not join people with the same option at all, in public. If they invite each other though, you're right, the option would have to be neglected.

- I want to add that we need to be able to have more mission variety in arch wing missions. I don't play them because leveling is a pain and only a few mission types give me enough points. Why is one type on a planet 5-8 and other type 23-29? Also, no stun from bumping into things unless we use boost. If I'm not boosting, being stunned every few seconds is just wrong!

- I also want magnetism to only remove 50% of currently available energy. 75% is a lot (though better than ALL OF IT). I get missions where energy drops SO... DAMN... RARELY that I ALWAYS use Zenurik (most times, I stay back for 2-3 mins to get Zenurik activated before even doing the mission). If there was a natural way to get energy with it being another RNG function or mod/opertator summon, I'd be happy. I'd say 5 energy per non-ability kill (buffs still count), and if too good, maybe melee kills only, but drop energy orb amounts to only 15 or 20 to balance it out.

- And stance mods... they shouldn't be drops or based on rarity. I mean, they make melee combat feel like actual melee combat, but I've spent a year getting the same ones and still one sword stance (I gave up on the Revenant one, just... F*** it!), and PLEASE UPDATE ALL STANCES TO HAVE A MINIMUM OF 3 COMBOS!!! Choosing one or the other is boring, and listing one combo into two or three (breaking them apart like it's another combo... shame) is just lying.

- We sometimes want to find specific mission types, enemy faction, and level ranges. Going to every planet to see which one is high or low leveled, the right faction, and searching EVERY SINGLE NODE to find the right mission type is just atrocious! A search bar maybe?

- I thought the relic system would be great! Controlling the rarity of your drops, AWESOME!!! 6 months later, still no Vauban Chassis. It's actually MORE grinding than less. Void traces should be based on how much reactant you collect (the higher the era, the more you can collect, in relation to difficulty; Lith = 6-12 traces, Meso = 13-18 traces, Neo = 19-24 traces, Axi = 25-30 traces; completion of a void mission gives you a random relic of that era; Lith gives only Lith relics, Axi only gives Axi relics, or maybe a difference of one era higher or lower, then Lith can reward Lith or Meso, Meso with Lith, Meso, or Neo, Neo for Meso, Neo, or Axi, and Axi only with Neo and Axi); and as long as you participated on getting the reactant minimum, you can select a relic without using one yourself, and if nobody chooses your relic, you keep it! This still keeps the grind worse than the Tower keys, but is GREATLY improved in logic.

I'm making a list myself, but plan on waiting until I see things fully.

Edited by (PS4)Ninjhetto
New info

A fair few of these are far from 'improvements' and more clearly debatable changes.

In particular, almost all of the list under 'Excavations'.
Along with everything under 'Fissures' that proposes breaking up relics and placing things (exclusively) in Void again.
Under 'Movement', swapping wall-cling to spacebar would be disruptive and unhelpful; holding space currently keeps you moving, as should be expected from a 'mobility' key.
Also not sure what the point of 'searching' dens is. If you have an issue with the drop-rates, ask for that to be increased. (It's actually fine, don't ask for that.)

That said, there is one in particular that I would very much like.
A 'quick-chat' option, similar to that present in games like Overwatch.
Where you can signal 'objective', 'acknowledged', 'defend', 'attack', 'group up', etc.
Would make it much easier for players to communicate (since you should be able to bind those commands to hotkeys) without risking their life or being required to have and use a microphone.
As it stands, the 'mark' function is extremely limited and often requires guessing as to why a player is marking something (unless the game detects it as a specific target).

Edited by CyberneticSusurrus

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your comments guys.

@(PS4)Ninjhetto I'm adding your ideas to the OP.

@CyberneticSusurrus

On 19/12/2016 at 5:08 AM, CyberneticSusurrus said:

A fair few of these are far from 'improvements' and more clearly debatable changes.

In particular, almost all of the list under 'Excavations'.
Along with everything under 'Fissures' that proposes breaking up relics and placing things (exclusively) in Void again.
Under 'Movement', swapping wall-cling to spacebar would be disruptive and unhelpful; holding space currently keeps you moving, as should be expected from a 'mobility' key.
Also not sure what the point of 'searching' dens is. If you have an issue with the drop-rates, ask for that to be increased. (It's actually fine, don't ask for that.)

That said, there is one in particular that I would very much like.
A 'quick-chat' option, similar to that present in games like Overwatch.
Where you can signal 'objective', 'acknowledged', 'defend', 'attack', 'group up', etc.
Would make it much easier for players to communicate (since you should be able to bind those commands to hotkeys) without risking their life or being required to have and use a microphone.
As it stands, the 'mark' function is extremely limited and often requires guessing as to why a player is marking something (unless the game detects it as a specific target).

Undoubtedly, the list contains a lot of debatable ideas. I tried my best to avoid the most critical ones though. :laugh:

About the space bar, I don't see what you currently need to press it continuously for !? Anyway if what I propose is an option, then nobody would complain right ?

The point about searching dens was simply to "be nice" with them since they don't attack you at first. I would simply enjoy having alternatives to killing or breaking everything in the game.

I'm also adding your idea about more waypoint options / quick chat tools to the OP.

• 2 months later...
6 minutes ago, (Xbox One)CannyJack said:

Wait a damn minute. When no melee is equipped, you don't hit with your fists and feet? 

This may be a dumb question but I've literally never gone without a melee weapon - you're telling me there's no unarmed combat? WTF is that about. 

Haha it's insane right ?

Lots of good ideas, but also lots of ideas that I disagree with or view as a waste of development time... I definitely like some of the ideas for matchmaking, but the way it currently works needs completely overhauled anyway. But similarly there are others that I would HATE if they were implemented, like removing mod rarity colors. (Though recoloring legendaries to something more... unique would be nice.)

4 hours ago, (PS4)Unlucky1307 said:

Lots of good ideas, but also lots of ideas that I disagree with or view as a waste of development time... I definitely like some of the ideas for matchmaking, but the way it currently works needs completely overhauled anyway. But similarly there are others that I would HATE if they were implemented, like removing mod rarity colors. (Though recoloring legendaries to something more... unique would be nice.)

Can you explain for what reasons you would hate the removal of mods colors by rarity ? If it's just to recognize them, I can assure you it was easier to recognize mods when each had its own color based on the drawing on it. I didn't have to read the mod name. If it's for endo costs during fusion, aren't stars enough to show rarity ?

I would gladly hear the reasons why you would hate some other ideas too, that would allow me to add nuances in the list (because most of the time players agree about problems, not solutions).

On 2016. 09. 07. at 10:33 PM, Lluid said:

This is a list of details in the game that don't require much work (I think) but would be beneficial to the game. Therefore I ignore some aspects that require more work or debates (but every entry can be seen as debatable obviously).
Before starting, note that I made a list like this one more than a year ago, and I'm happy to see that about half of the items have been addressed. Keep it up DE !

There's actually more than 100 entries, don't mind me but I stopped counting. :laugh:

Note that the idea about the chat filters is the most critical in the whole list, to me.

MATCHMAKING

FtVPiMX.png

• Let us select the pace of the mission : rush or normal. The two options would be mutually exclusive, meaning you can't join someone with the other option. Of course that would reduce the chances to join other people, but that would improve the pleasure of playing with other people greatly, for both sides ! We could have tooltips explaining, say, for the "rush" option : In this mode players won't focus on exploring or killing enemies. The objective is the only priority, and the team leaves as soon as possible.
  • In public, let players chose to host (many would prefer hosting at the risk of being alone). It's frustrating for instance when you're looking for a synthesis target and jump in the middle of a mission that of course has no target to chase.
  • Let us time to cancel joining a squad after clicking a node in public (for the reason mentioned above). 5s are enough I think.
  • Similarly, give the option NOT to host (some players don't want others to suffer from their bad connection or computer). After thinking about it, the "wait for players" option doesn't always solve this.
  • Set an option so that you leave the squad automatically after a game, if you want. Others are in the recent players list anyway.
  • Show the matchmaking options to all players when a squad is formed. Only the one who invited could modify them.
  • "Join a lone Tenno in need". When a new player is alone in a game, in public, and having trouble (whether he dies once or just looses health maybe?) enable others to join if they want to help (without ruining his experience by killing everything of course). There could be a special "node" on each planet that activates when help is needed. And no special reward, so that only those who really want to help come. (alternate idea : a "request assistance" option. I'd prefer something automatic though)
  • Squad : allow us to invite someone when we're not in the navigation screen. We can do it through the "esc" menu, so why not from the chat or the friend menu ? I guess it means anyone would be considered "in a lobby" instead of some "in menus".
  • Similarly, switch automatically from solo to "invite only" when inviting someone (instead of displaying a message).
  • Let us queue multiple missions if we're "waiting for players" !
  • Add a recruiting board, showing player-created objectives (maybe among an exhaustive list) to join easily people with the same goal as you, without using the crowded boring chat.
  • Add chat filters for the recruiting tab (help / resources / relics / clans / trials...). That would encourage us to use it much more ! Note that filters could be automatic depending on the text we type.

wqxjbWk.png

MENUS

• Faster menu transitions (maybe no visual transition as an option ?). And with less clicks to go somewhere. The "esc" menu should be in 2D like the codex : more items on one page.
  • More info in the arsenal. What's the damage type of my archwing abilities ? Is there an alt fire on my equipped weapon ? What is the range of my melee ? All the missing stats, but also the weapon description, type, alt-fire, etc.
  • In mission progress screen, show planet and node names, mission duration, and also a description of the current objective.
  • The "inventory" menu should be accessible from the liset (without pressing "esc"), and with more sorting options.
  • If inventory is in the ship, place mods, ayatans and relics there !
  • The inbox also needs an access in the ship ! So many new players miss it...
  • Add a message system between players (to talk even if not connected at the same time). Maybe with the inbox system above ?
  • Similarly, add a black board decoration in dojos for any clanmate to leave messages.
  • Use the codex to answer most players' questions based on their experience. If I scan an enemy on Venus, show it and where I saw it even if I didn't complete all scans (same for mods). Other example, where's the mission where I got the best ratio of a given resource/time ? Where did I meet the most of this unit per minute ? Useful gaming info, based on actual in-game experience.
  • Codex : explain damage, armor and resistances. I still don't know how exactly is calculated damage for say corrosive damage through armor and health (including procs, armor reduction), because formulas include non linear calculations and therefore the order matters, and also because we know little about procs numbers (how do damage or criticals influence the corrosive value ?).
  • In any menu, activate the search bar by default. That would require that the "chat" key should be, say, "enter" instead of "T" by default.
  • When logging in, don't load Excalibur by default. I'd prefer waiting a few seconds and then see my liset with the warframe correctly loaded.
  • Boosters shouldn't activate automatically. Instead, they should appear in the menus and be activated on demand. Especially those we get as login rewards.
  • Give more info on the white little icons in the top right of the screen when in the liset. They concern foundry items ready, boosters, pending friends, real money offers. New players usually don't understand them easily.
  • Place the "rank up" button in another, more visible, place. Also introduce new players to it.
  • "Hide mastered" option in foundry, market, baro'ki'teer,... because "hide owned" is important but we might have sold the weapon already.
  • In the case of blueprints, show "item owned" if we already own the built item ? Currently "owned" means we own the blueprint only.
  • Add a sorting system for foundry components.
  • Add a sorting system for Sigils
  • "Apply sigil to all warframes" option ?
  • Community driven wikia system within the game (with a spoiler system based on quests completion) (ok this one is huge sorry)
  • Reduce all building times by 2h (if longer than 12h). That way, a 1day-build item could actually be used the day after starting the build (i.e. 22h later). It would remove the frustration of having most builds finish after the hours we usually play (since we often start building at the end of play sessions).
  • In dojo, give us the option to rename transporters ?
  • Add a selling board, where sellers register their goods and prices, and buyers consult all offers in region for a given good at once. No need for the seller to be available, and maybe not even connected. Less people "stolen". More incentive for using plat, which isn't bad for the company. It would probably necessitate to prevent re-selling a good.
  • Add chat filters for the trading tab (prime parts / syndicate offerings / mods...). See image below. This idea and the one above aren't mutually exclusive, but this one is easier to implement.

60DytdY.png

NAVIGATION

• Navigation screen : don't zoom on previous planet (even more disturbing after a derelict mission since it zooms where... you weren't). It takes time, and is rarely useful (except after completing a junction obviously).
  • Navigation : zoom on the mouse pointer when using the mouse wheel (instead of zooming on the center of the screen).
  • Add a system to highlight missions on planets depending on their types : if I want to play a survival, I currently have to mouse over all nodes of a planet to search it (and I even have to click on the node when there's something special there, like invasions, alerts, syndicate missions...)
  • Make nodes icons bigger, clearer, maybe with colors and maybe differentiating different objectives visually (would solve the above).
  • In the invasion preview list, if there's more than 2 nodes invaded, let us click on each node name individually to select / highlight a given mission (without having to search the node itself).
  • When 2 or more missions are available on a node, show all the info when selecting the node (currently we can't see the lvl of enemies in the basic mission). Just duplicating the usual preview of the game would work for me.
  • In navigation, pressing "esc" should close the chat tab before exiting nav. (same for other menus I guess)
  • In navigation, when zooming on a planet, show resources by default. We can keep the option of hiding them by clicking on the extractor icon, but showing them is required for new players.
  • Navigation screen seems to prevent or hide tooltips. Example : go to the clan screen from navigation, edit ranks, you can't see the tooltips there.
  • We sometimes want to find specific mission types, enemy faction, and level ranges. Going to every planet to see which one is high or low leveled, the right faction, and searching EVERY SINGLE NODE to find the right mission type is just atrocious! A search bar maybe? (by @(PS4)Ninjhetto )

QUESTS

• All the previous events introducing new enemies could be reused as a "storymode" as the player unlocks planets. (this one requires quite some work sorry, but still less than entirely new quests)
  • Give more details on the current quest state, mission objectives and even a "replay transmission" option (all of them). As a non-native english speaker, I often find myself asking the Lotus to repeat, and well she doesn't. Or sometimes I'd like to replay some audio content to think about the lore (without playing the actual missions).
  • When a quest is active, guide the player through it. It's weird when you receive a transmission or a message, then come back to normal in the Liset and have to figure out how to start or continue the quest. Sometimes it's intended, but sometimes it's not clear at all especially for new players. How often do we see "what should I do know ?" in chat ?

MISSIONS

• Make exploring more rewarding. Or, better said, more meaningful. We could have optional objectives with clues scattered in the secret rooms of the map that make you think based on the map layout for instance. Secret rooms are not worth the time right now, while they're logically full of treasures compared to corridors. In particular, Ayatan sculptures and rare crates should spawn only in secret rooms, and we should be given hints, clues. Who would hide a valuable object in corridors ? Not even degraded clones. Finding them is just based on luck right now, it doesn't encourage exploring and therefore isn't fun (because it's actually more effective to rush without looking everywhere to find them currently).
  • Jackal is one of the first bosses and quite bugged (sometimes you can't even damage it even in the legs). Nerf his missiles and reduce the rate of his feet spamming, because new players don't even have time to understand how he works. It seems to be solved, I didn't see the hotfix notes about that.
  • Magnetic effects : remove 75% of energy, not all of it. And don't allow us to pickup energy for the duration of the effect, since it wastes orbs.
  • We could find a way to get energy in gameplay without orbs, like through special melee attacks (idea from @(PS4)Ninjhetto )
  • Rework in-mission challenges so that they can actually be achieved (like "hack a console" in a mission with no console). Might even have a cycle of 3 possible challenges maybe ?
  • Mobile defense systems : we often walk over them when trying to start the objective. They should have a more "vertical" hitbox.
  • Ospreys' yellow mines and slow projectiles (i.e. bombard, napalm, leechs) : shouldn't we be able to shoot them ?
  • Give info about enemy weakpoints in the codex, and bring variety back : the previous ancient infested had weakpoints in the feet, it was fun to adapt to them. Moas have a weakpoint in the box behind them, that's fun too. But I'm afraid many players don't know that.
  • Consequently, replace the notion of "head shots" with the notion of "weakpoint shot" (or any better way to express it) in mods and mission objectives. Actually Moas' cameras are considered as a "head" but they're not a weakspot (they even take less damage there) so it shouldn't be rewarding to aim at that. Right ?
  • Let us change the orange color of Cephalon Symaris Scanners ? When searching for plants or enemies not fully scanned, the orange overlay often confuses me.
  • Create optional objectives that give 2 choices among rewards in normal missions. I don't want health restores and specters blueprints but I like those game types. :)
  • Add caches in all missions (except small environments like defense obviously), or other interesting things yeah.
  • Kuva siphons should spawn in the planets around the fortress, maybe with kuva showing in ressources.
  • The kuva fortress needs something unique to do there.
  • Stop color pigments from dropping when research is completing.
  • In the squad list in mission, replace profile icons by warframes icons. That would make sense since we have map warframe icons.
  • In stealth, let us mark enemies (sort of scan system ?) and gain affinity for not killing them and not being detected. True ninja alternative gameplay.
  • Oxium drops : change their appearance and add the usual vertical line to allow marking it for others.
  • "Bow only" missions (and similar) : auto unequip other weapons just for 1 mission.
  • Adjust number of completions of invasions depending on mission type and average duration. Also, change it to a succession of different objectives.
  • Maybe some hated enemies could disable our mods instead of our abilities completely.
  • Add more tools for fast communication between players, as proposed by @CyberneticSusurrus, i.e. more waypoint options and quick chat tools (in particular a press and drag option for waypoints to select among a circular list of messages)

WEAPONS

• with bows, it's easy to see that shooting through a window (or an enemy) deviates the arrow even while aiming. More precisely, it's a third person view consequence : the arrow doesn't follow the direction given by {camera + crosshair} but rather {weapon + first solid thing touched in crosshair's direction}. It seems logical, but the fact that a direction is defined by another direction makes it confusing in game. Sometimes it even makes you fire at an enemy behind you (if he's in front of the camera). All this doesn't happen if you zoom with weapons that have a first person zoom of course. Please give us the option to switch between the two aiming possibilities (I don't know if we should allow the arrow to be shot from the camera, or more simply make the camera come in first person when zooming with any weapon)
  • "No weapon" melee attacks : if we don't equip a melee weapon, let us use our fists and feet anyway. We already have the stance.
  • All explosions should have radial damage decrease and be blocked by objects (line-of-sight but through entities).
  • Napalm should fall on the floor !
  • Add a cooldown to telos boltace special effect, but add damage too.
  • Little bug with scanners : when holding a datamass or cell, switching to a scanner and back to secondary weapon, the datamass is dropped with no obvious reason.

ABILITIES

• Allow all abilities to be cast while airborne, and maybe without cancelling reloads (delaying at most). Even banshee could start her ult in the air and fall for a bonus in range or something.
  • Effects invulnerability like Oberon's carpet or Trinity's link should prevent arson eximus and others from sending you flying (being knocked down is less annoying than the displacement itself)
  • Some control abilities (Trinity's EV, maybe others) lose their animation when the targeted enemy suffers other animation-creating events (like puncture procs). The ability is still partially working (energy bursts), but doesn't control the enemy anymore (no pain animation). As long as the ability is up, all its effects should remain.
  • Similarly, enemies with an effect preceded by an animation (shockwaves, blasts) shouldn't perform their effect if we managed to stop their animation (example of EV again). Or the animation shouldn't be interrupted, I don't mind. There should just be coherence between animations and effects.
  • Nullifiers' bubbles shouldn't cancel area abilities like Oberon's carpet on contact : it should just "nullify" them temporarily, and only inside the bubble.

EXCAVATIONS

• Excavators should fly away instead of exploding when they are complete. It's confusing.
  • We should have to press the "use" key to call an excavator. Often, the excavator spawns right on top of you and you activate it by error.
  • We could also press the "use" key to add an energy cell to an excavator (more debatable but sometimes you need a cell that is close to a full excavator).
  • Carriers should have a reason for carrying energy cells. Else they're just kindly bringing them to us. Maybe give them a shield ? (but set their health similar to their allies') Or maybe they could drain energy from the excavator ? It would explain better why we use "%" and "s" as two different units while they're the same thing right now.
  • Enemies (and specifically carriers) should spawn more accurately near each active point. We often see no enemy at all for minutes in new rooms (especially in solo it seems).
  • Change the vertical line color of cells because it's confusing with rare mods or reactants.
  • Excavators that are still running when we extract should give cryotic. Or, broken excavators shouldn't give any cryotic (wouldn't be that bad : easier to follow the rotation).

FISSURES

• "Play now" shouldn't ask again for the relic you equip. Also, let us double click relics and remove the confirm window after choosing a relic.
  • Don't suppress the reactant markers when we look in their direction, rather only when we're close.
  • Don't enable exterminations in fissures, specifically as a change of objective. It's so frustrating to have 9/10 reactants when you reach extraction, and no enemy spawning anymore. It happened to me in a spy mission (we split up on purpose, but at the end nothing spawned).
  • If you look at the profile of someone while waiting at extraction, the choice of rewards doesn't come up for you ! That's annoying only once, but still a problem.
  • Rewards : common and rare colors are hard to differentiate. Commons rewards could simply be written in black.
  • When playing alone (in solo or public), don't give us 15s to choose our only reward, or at least give us 2 choices.
  • Let us set waypoints for reactant (and don't show it to those who have enough, or already took it)
  • Show reactant "shadows" even when we have 10 so that we can mark them for allies.
  • Remove the immunity when enemies get corrupted. The healing is more debatable. Sometimes there's still an immunity, sometimes not, weird.
  • Remove the corrupted yellow glow from dead enemies. I keep walking on them thinking there's a reactant. It's not respectful.
  • Make reactant pickups shared, like credits. It makes no sense that we get 4 reactants from the same drop anyway, and joining mid mission often results in not getting the 10 reactants (since fissures sometimes stop appearing).
  • Remove prime blueprints from relics, and place them as rewards in the void, maybe with a npc we can ask to find a particular Bp, or as rewards from parkour rooms. That way, we'll have things to do in the void again and relics will contain only prime parts, i.e. objects as opposed to a simple "blueprint". I imagine some kind of little quest where we rescue a target, gather his information, and then go to a mobile defense to get the "receipe", the blueprint. No RNG involved, just some work to do. Additionnally, and arguably, the relics would list the rewards only if we own corresponding Bps (else we can get them but they're shown as a "?"). It means that Bps would be the first step in getting the prime object.
  • In the relics screen, apply text search when switching tabs (right now we have to add/remove a letter to activate the search).
  • During endless missions, let us refine relics (but no need for an additional timer : we'll do it during the "wave"). There are possibilities, like sacrificing void traces gained for the refinement, or simply the void traces previously owned.
  • Allow relic refinement in the navigation relic screen.
  • Allow un-refining relics for void traces (since we can get them in a refined state)
  • Remove void traces cap ? I don't really see the point of the cap.

MOVEMENT

• Right clicking to stick to walls is annoying, sometimes you want to aim glide and suddenly stop. Moving the camera while zooming is complicated too. Instead, it could be triggered by maintaining the space bar (release to jump off).
  • Double jump could use like 1 energy and some particles to "explain" how it works. Also it rarely makes jumps higher, but rather longer. Add a bit of height ? (especially if we could charge the space bar)
  • Toggle sprint should make you sprint all the time, even after you shoot or do anything. Press sprint once and then forget it. Or should sprint be on by default (then pressing the key would make you walk) ? Similarly, pressing the sprint key continuously shouldn't be canceled by these actions (currently we need to un-press and press again).
  • Add an acceleration time of around 4sec to reach full sprint speed (to avoid spamming the slide+roll keys, as silly as previously with the coptering system).
  • Buff sprint speed for the Tennos that are further from objective/extraction ? (to help them join the rest of the team)
  • Remove little "edges" above most doors. We often find ourselves standing on the top of a door, it doesn't make sense and breaks the pace of our run.
  • Similar problem, from below : enable warframes to jump-climb cliff edges that are less than, say, 0.5m wide. We can climb a huge slick wall and can't even grab an edge that is right above us ? The animation could be nice.
  • Make us press X to get out of archwing in "submersible" missions. We often get out of water by mistake (or the opposite, don't manage to get out).
  • Crouching and moving on a rough terrain results in sudden sliding (since you fall for a split second). Very annoying in stealth.
  • "jump + slide" should make capture targets fall again, together with nullifiers, and should interrupt most enemies animations (like heavy Grineer shockwaves). It is very fun way to control a single target (or a little group) with this technique that, of note, does almost no damage. I used it a lot in capture to help new players complete the objective themselves.
  • Tweak the direction of rolling when in air. I find it hard to predict, based on current speed and camera direction. Or maybe I'm just bad.
  • Avoid situations where the player can't do anything ! When Grineer commanders use their teleport ability, don't impose the surprise animation : the player himself does it anyway to realize where he is, but faster, no need to simulate the surprise. Similarly, let us roll out of staggers (from quick thinking or Stalker's melee attacks). Rolling being the only allowed movement.
  • Bullet jump (croutch+jump) makes us jump in a direction higher than the reticule. It's annoying.

NEW PLAYER EXPERIENCE

I recently created a brand new account and started from scratch, without any help from the old account. It's refreshing and interesting in therms of feedback :

• The howl of the kubrow quest should provide an incubator power core : crafting it requires nanospores, which is not in line with the expected level of players. (argon is fine : it drops in al quests)
  • The introduction quest should introduce the bullet jump and aim glide key combinations. I was surprised not to see the good tutorial we got when the movement system was released. Honestly nobody goes to the codex to find it.
  • Maybe lock infested missions before the player completes the once awake quest. Doesn't make sense to meet infested before they're released.
  • In the arsenal, "equip", list the weapons you can buy with credits first by default.
  • Ascaris negator : why do we keep the blueprint after using it ? Looks like we get 2 in fact.
  • Carrier looting mod : it should attack resources similarly to containers. Also it shouldn't take so long to activate.
  • The earth excavation spawns too many enemies for a beginner mission. I went there with a MR 2 player (my test account was MR1) and we couldn't even defend the first excavator. After one day and a few mods I could play it alone easily, so the main problem is that the mission is accessible in the very first nodes of the game.
  • Maroo isn't introduced to new players yet they can access the bazaar.
  • In the archwing quest, the Lotus talks about a dangerous fomorian without even explaining what is a fomorian : it was clear during the event, maybe the text needs some refreshing ?
  • After the MR3 test, the player should be hinted to join a syndicate. Also explain the sigil mechanism when he joins one.

COMPANIONS

• Add an order system ("defend here !" "stop attacking !" "focus on this enemy !"), maybe through "stances" that give a limited number of options as proposed below.
  • Enable us to search dens without destroying them (duration of 4s, higher egg chance) ?
  • Carrier seems to throw drops out of the map sometimes for other players (Carnage2K4 's thread here )
  • Instead of a vacuum system for pets, let us teach them to retrieve items like feral kubrows, with a selectable importance order (rare ressources / credits / endo / mods first ?)
  • "Put in stasis" option should be available in the main companion screen (I often confuse it with "consign").

MODS

• Remove mods colors showing rarity (back to original mods color), because colors are a lot of shiny info for no real reason. Leave stars for rarity, and optionally let us chose the frame colors to identify favorite mods ourselves ? I really appreciated when mods had each their own color.
  • Rework the notion of rarity. The fact that stances (and more generally most mods) are obtained through two layers of RNG makes the "rarity" notion very vague. Indeed you first need to find the right enemy, which requires different efforts among the enemy list, and then there's the usual randomness of the drops. Maybe rarity should be based on the number of mods really dropped by all players, actualized every week maybe, and shown in the codex.
  • Invert names of various archwing mods so that it feels more logical ("efficient" seems better for efficiency, "morphic" for range, "amplifier" for strength, "durability" for duration).
  • Add an option to auto-sell or auto-dissolve all duplicate mods we get in missions (if we have more than 2 maybe) ?
  • In the arsenal, let us double click mods to enter a fusion mode without leaving the page : the process is much simpler now ! It would require showing the total endo owned.
  • Mods shouldn't show as "new" if we already owned them and then sold them.
  • Add one augment mods slot ! It would finally allow us to use the "less OP augments" without feeling we're wasting mod points.
  • Add a basic universal stance mod (maxed at 2 mod points maybe) to introduce stances to players.
  • Add a basic aura too.

MAP

• The objective marker should indicate only the next door, not the path to the door (since we ninjas can use multiple paths). Some kind of light that you activate to show the most simple path would be nice though.
  • In archwing, the map needs a complete rework. The "above" and "below" signs don't mean anything and are even more confusing since we can be upside down. It should at least be based on the plane defined by a normal vertical vector (from the player perspective).

ARCHWING

• Make exploring rewarding, in this mode too ! Maybe put a ton of resources inside an asteroid sometimes, and credit treasures in corpus maps.
  • Add more variety in archwing missions (requires a lot of work but @(PS4)Ninjhetto  noted it below)
  • Melee : the camera should go back instead of closing up. Currently we can't see anything so we just press melee blindly.
  • Fix aiming going crazy when using invisibility sometimes (easy to see with fluctus). Maybe the same occurs with Odonata's 1st ability.
  • Show archwing loadout in the lobby ? Only when voting for an archwing mission.

Of course there are many other possible items, feel free to add yours and I'll actualize the OP.

Have a nice day ! :)

vB9B5.gif

Damn it, it was a real pleasure reading throught this list man. Almost all of my small problems, annoyances and hated things are on this list.

I would also like to add in some ideas i came across, i would like to know what you think about them:

Companions:

We should be able to choose what our pets/sentinels want to attack. Currently its randomized who will my sentinel attack, so it could be great if we could give them target priorities. Like attack the target i aim at or attack the nullfier bubbles.

Enemies:

• The ai should fear death (expect infested), they charge recklessly and change covers in the worst times (for them). Their behaviour needs to be adjusted to be in contrast with the danger they see. Randomize their spawn pattern so they dont move in clear lines, prioritise throwing grenades when under fire or when the Tenno starts to group up, etc...
  • Armor scaling needs to be removed. Enemies past 100 already have insanely big healthpools so why do they need to get even more armor too? Each enemy should have a fixed amount of armor they have and only their health/shield should grow.

What about making all augments into exhilus mods

Spectres should have some sort of signifier that they are spectres. A ring on the energy color of the controlling players warframe would go a long way

Edited by TheChaotic1

Thanks for your feedback guys !

On 08/03/2017 at 4:40 PM, Fallen_Echo said:

Companions:

We should be able to choose what our pets/sentinels want to attack. Currently its randomized who will my sentinel attack, so it could be great if we could give them target priorities. Like attack the target i aim at or attack the nullfier bubbles.

I think I adressed this with the order system, but it's worth mentionning that a wider variety in attack mods would be interesting indeed (one mod attacking only nullifier bubbles, another one prioritising drones or rollers, etc.)

On 08/03/2017 at 4:40 PM, Fallen_Echo said:
  • The ai should fear death (expect infested), they charge recklessly and change covers in the worst times (for them). Their behaviour needs to be adjusted to be in contrast with the danger they see. Randomize their spawn pattern so they dont move in clear lines, prioritise throwing grenades when under fire or when the Tenno starts to group up, etc...
  • Armor scaling needs to be removed. Enemies past 100 already have insanely big healthpools so why do they need to get even more armor too? Each enemy should have a fixed amount of armor they have and only their health/shield should grow.

The AI requires too much work maybe, but it's worth mentionning it in the list anyway.

About armor, they've been working on damage 3.0 for months (years ?) so it's in progress, but from what I understand they consider setting a base armor would be too simple.

On 08/03/2017 at 8:16 PM, TheChaotic1 said:

What about making all augments into exhilus mods

Spectres should have some sort of signifier that they are spectres. A ring on the energy color of the controlling players warframe would go a long way

Well, exilus slots were originally designed for less-used-utility-mods, and now they're occupied by must-have-mods. I'm afraid opening exilus slots to augments would make us use even less utility mods.

About specters, I don't get it. I have no experience with them actually.

Edited by Lluid
typo

• 3 weeks later...

New update, added a few items and removed others.

Btw, I would like to rename this thread but I'm not good enough in english to word it correctly : could you help me chose ?

- List of 100 "easy" improvements to the game

- List of 100 small changes I'm hoping for

- List of 100 QOL additions we need

- Anything else you'd propose :)

New list update :

Spoiler

- when selecting a relic, don't show the confirmation window if we clicked the button "equip for this mission". Maybe keep it if we double click a relic, but I'm not sure it's necessary.
- when clicking a linked relic in chat, the relic count should also include all relics already refined.
- let us refine relics that are already refined ! Especially those we get in endless fissures.
- replace all syndicate weapons explosions by specialized effects similar to those in the syndicate melee weapons.
- syndicate missions could be removed, and Medallions could be found in any mission (but not 8 per mission). There could be a daily quest like "find 5 medallions of this syndicate for 2k syndicate points". I'm not sure if they should be universal (each player sees the medallion of one active syndicate) or random.
- let us support the infested in invasions !
- in endless missions, when we chose "Extract" or "Battle", if a player stays at the center he should follow the majority of others.
- Also if all players chose the same option, either make the countdown faster, or immediate.

@TheChaotic1 I'm afraid your idea for the title wouldn't be explicit enough. "Small scale" might be confusing, at least to someone like me. Thks anyway. ^^

Just found you're thread and agree with almost all suggestions. :)

I really liked the additions for new players because I myself made a new account recently and had very similar ideas like damaged aura and stance mods.

• The stance mods could have much less combos and should be given for all beginner melees (Skana, MK1-Bo, MK1-Furax) even if you buy them later with credits.
  • The difficulty with the damaged aura mod is that Excal has no polarity in the aura slot whereas Mag and Volt have V. That could be easily remedied by e.g. giving all auras the same polarity (+same amout of points). It's a shame that we are restricted that way and I wonder how many people have choosen to forma their frame to fit Bried Respite in which is the only aura with a = polarity.
  • Maxing damaged mods shouldn't cost credits (and endo). Credits is the thing that most early players struggle with. In the end new players will max the regular mods anyway, so charging them for the upgrade of the damaged ones is a bit much imho. Another option is to reduce the price for the damaged mods by a factor of 10 so they learn that upgrading mods actually costs stuff.

Other things that I'd like to mention:

• Changing between accounts is rather tedious. So I'd like if there would be an option on the login screen to choose which account we want to play.
  • Key bindings are only stored locally, which is annoying if you share a computer with someone else. At least give us the option to save them globally. I would even pay plat for this change because it would make life much easier.
  • Another beef I have with key bindings is that all play modes (normal, Archwing, Lunaro) are stuffed together. In Archwing I like the default controls whereas in the normal gameplay I need control and shift to be reversed, otherwise my fingers start to hurt. Therefore I had to place the Archwing acceleration on caps lock, which opened another can of worms... So I wish we could set the controls for each mode separately.