Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Justified question for the "Change" to Kavats

Vicious_Vipa

I once got 44 Neurodes - someone here even got 70.
Of course this had to be fixed !  Nobody who is in his right mind would argue with that.

But the justified question is:
Why don't you change it to 3-6 as the original text said and which is perfectly balanced imho ?

"Occasionally getting 1 rare resource", are you serious ?
This is what a carrier gets you every other mission extra.

Sometimes "changes" (= nerfs) are necessary - I agree.
But why is there no middle way for you?

I have put 4 Forma into my Kavat and even some Platinum because I could not stand the Genetic Code Farming.
Still I will get back to my Carrier now - even though I'd so much prefer having a "living" pet.

Edited by Vicious_Vipa

They don't mean "1 resource" as in "You will occasionally get 1 neurode".

They meant "1 resource drop/pickup".
Before the (very much needed) nerf smeeta gave "3-6 resource drops/pickups".

To explain better:
Before the change the ability would be like instantly picking up 3 to 6 rare resource drops from the planet.  For example the Neural Sensors that is 3 to 24 of them whenever the ability activates.
This could be doubled by a resource doubler or smeetas own resource doubling charm ability for even more.  Making it not uncommon to come out of missions with over 100 of the rare resource in question.

After the nerf when Smeeta activates its ability its like picking up 1 rare resource drop from the planet.  For example with Neural Sensors that is 1 to 4 of them whenever that ability activates (doubled of course by resource doubler and smeeta's 2 minute charm ability that doubles everything).
This can trigger mutliple times through a mission.  I've still ended short mdefs where I didn't get a single rare drop on the map with 10 of the rare resource.  Which is much more in line with what should happen.

Edited by Tsukinoki

I'm a dog person and it pains my heart that ALL kubrow mods are available for kavats except the one for shield regen speed. And on top of having no unique mods, kavats got 5 unique and useful ones to start off with alongside useful precepts.

Back on topic though: In a way, the nerf is helpful since you don't have to wait 2 mins for a buff to wear off and as such, you get more buffs across your mission meaning more chances at the crits, free powers and others.

or just flat out don't affect it with boosters and smeeta's other buff. and their original argument is that some rare sources drop as 1, some 2, some 3, that's why if you're farming for control modules (which is highly unlikely) you'll get like 10-20, plus boosters and smeeta's buff. how about you just balance it to make even control modules give 3-6 with smeeta >.> 

meh, personally I never used it to farm resources, the RNG was just too much, and that's a good enough reason to not nerf smeeta again (since I agree, this was justified) 

6 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

They don't mean "1 resource" as in "You will occasionally get 1 neurode".

They meant "1 resource drop/pickup".
Before the (very much needed) nerf smeeta gave "3-6 resource drops/pickups".

To explain better:
Before the change the ability would be like instantly picking up 3 to 6 rare resource drops from the planet.  For example the Neural Sensors that is 3 to 24 of them whenever the ability activates.
This could be doubled by a resource doubler or smeetas own resource doubling charm ability for even more.  Making it not uncommon to come out of missions with over 100 of the rare resource in question.

3-24? What? You mean pick up at a time? or whenever that ability used to proc?

7 minutes ago, Major_Phantom said:

Back on topic though: In a way, the nerf is helpful since you don't have to wait 2 mins for a buff to wear off and as such, you get more buffs across your mission meaning more chances at the crits, free powers and others.

No it isnt, its a hard nerf no matter how you look at it. Smeeta buffs could pop multiple ones at the same time before, and they still do. Ive had plenty of 120 second double buffs, with red crits at the same time. 

Just now, armedpoop said:

No it isnt, its a hard nerf no matter how you look at it. Smeeta buffs could pop multiple ones at the same time before, and they still do. Ive had plenty of 120 second double buffs, with red crits at the same time. 

I've never seen a smeeta have multiples at once nor have I heard anyone have that before. Good on you if true. In any case, it was justified as you can imagine the resources earned on double resource weekends with this thing...

Just now, Major_Phantom said:

I've never seen a smeeta have multiples at once nor have I heard anyone have that before. Good on you if true. In any case, it was justified as you can imagine the resources earned on double resource weekends with this thing...

im not saying it wasnt justified, I got my hundreds of neurodes+neurals from it a while back anyway. The point is, it IS possible to have 2 buffs from smeeta up at one time, this is a hard nerf and thats really it.

7 minutes ago, armedpoop said:

If you would have read the entire line that I posted I make it fairly clear:
Smeetas charm used to generated 3 to 6 rare resource pickups.  
For Neural sensors you would get 3 to 24 of them in total added to your inventory when the ability procs.
I thought it was fairly common knowledge that most rare resources generate in quantities of 1-4, and by doing simple math it was possible to get the minimum and maximum amounts that a single proc of the ability could generate.

2 minutes ago, Virsalus said:

So are smeetas worth it at all now?

Smeetas still have all of their other charm abilities untouched.
And the rare resource ability can still generate a decent amount of rare resources in a short mission.
Sure you're no longer able to get 100+ neural sensors from a single mission, but even from short exterminates its not too uncommon to come away with 5-10 of them even if none have dropped from enemies or containers.

Edited by Tsukinoki

Digital Extremes. Not Digital Reasonable Decisions. Kinda fits the bill. I'm glad this isn't on consoles yet.

Can smeeta still double syndicate medallions on pc? Or it's useless for all missions now?

And yes red crit and infinite energy are useless. Compared to sentinel it's absolutely terrible, compared to carrier it might as well not exist.

Right now there are 2 uses for smeeta on console. Getting thousands of rare resources, like neurodes, and getting double syndicate medallions. Double traces is too unreliable, rest is useless. I guess after next update smeeta is non endless syndicate missions only, for medallions. 

They could just remove this buff entirely but they didn't, they just want you to suffer from another RNG while waste your plat, time and forma without any compensation. I am already upset about the rate of triggering Charm, most of the time it just sit there doing nothing...oh well Carrier strikes again.

Edited by VCaptiion

Except carrier doesn't magically pull them out of its arse like a kavat.   They are dropped from enemies, loot crates etc and carrier collects them for the player.   Something they can do themselves if willing to take the time.   Last I checked, my carrier didn't give me anything extra.   But hey, I can check its exhaust, maybe it's clogged up with all the loot and needs cleaned out which is why I am not getting all this extra from my carrier apparently others are.

2 hours ago, Major_Phantom said:

It's true, they stack buffs all the time. New buffs will overwrite the old buff icon but it's still in effect.