The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Played some PvP today... I understand why it sucks...

(PSN)H3x3wahn

Soma is a crit gun. (it's also overrated as hell, it's never good, I never understand the hype)

You can't mod crit in PvP

That should give you the idea.

To give you the better picture, mod Braton and Soma the same way in PvE and watch as Braton outdamage it by a large margin

Pick something better for PvP

1 minute ago, KIREEK said:

Essentially all weapons are balanced towards pvp, basic weapons and primed hard to get ones are essentially the same, they just differ in playstyle.

Getting 1st on a match requires actual effort, good aim, good movements and a good strategy.

and atlas

32 minutes ago, Avalona said:

Soma is a crit gun. (it's also overrated as hell, it's never good, I never understand the hype)

You can't mod crit in PvP

That should give you the idea.

To give you the better picture, mod Braton and Soma the same way in PvE and watch as Braton outdamage it by a large margin

Pick something better for PvP

You have no idea what you are talking about.

All guns in pvp are balanced with unique pvp stats. Crit RNG is not a thing in pvp.

Look at your weapons' stats in the Conclave arsenal, and do as much comparing as you need to. Shot for shot, Mk-1 Braton will outdamage Soma Prime, since the latter has a higher rate of fire, bigger magazine and bigger ammo reserve. Unlike in PvE, which has a bigger emphasis on paper DPS, Conclave is more about picking a loadout that you as an individual will perform best with. Keep in mind that weapons that favor Impact damage will do best against shields.

Just now, Pythadragon said:

You have no idea what you are talking about.

All guns in pvp are balanced with unique pvp stats. Crit RNG is not a thing in pvp.

Say that to Latron, Buzlok, Snipetron Vandal, Furis, D.Kamas Prime, Vasto, Ankyros, and some other weapons that are still stupidly broken, both in good and bad way.

There is reason behind people STILL saying that PvP is extremely unbalanced.

You have to look for weapons that work with you and deal high damage from medium range. Trying to think outside the box with PvP works on paper, but in execution it's better to rush in with any sword better than the skana, you'll outdamage a skana and guarantee you a kill faster than a normal skana so long as you get the drop on them first. Also mobility and defense are key, so play to a frame with high speed or a good defense.

Also, stealth works great in PvP, getting the drop on somebody almost guarantees you a kill.

My preferred build is Zephyr, Dex Sybaris or Latron Prime, Spira Prime, and Dakra Prime.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Francis_Boudreau said:

People running around with rank 1 Excal, Mk-1 Braton, Lato and Skana one-shotting you (or close) while you pump a ful mag of Soma prime into them and their shield isn't even down? WTF?

I play conclave A LOT and this is totally false. The people using that loadout are new to conclave so they shouldn't be dominating you unless you're new too.

My only gripe with it on PS4 right now is that they over buffed the melee damage output with those stances. The people who can't shoot just resort to mashing melee but they aren't any good.

Don't forget to utilize your parkour moves (Bullet Jump, Double Jump, Side Roll, Backflip, Wall Jumps, Wall Latches, Aim Glide, Etc.)

1 hour ago, (PS4)Francis_Boudreau said:

People running around with rank 1 Excal, Mk-1 Braton, Lato and Skana one-shotting you (or close) while you pump a ful mag of Soma prime into them and their shield isn't even down? WTF?

Or it could be that you're new to conclave as you admitted to in the post itself and that you're just not very good??? And you're post itself shows a lack of knowledge on how conclave works from the mechanics down to the modding. 

If you're firing an entire Soma Prime magazine into one guy, I suspect you may be using the weapon incorrectly. The longer you fire for, the worse its accuracy and recoil are, and whilst this isn't a great concern in the forgiving and target-rich environment of PvE, it's life and death in Conclave.

Meanwhile, the MK-1 Braton is an excellent starter weapon for Conclave; I suspect someone using it would be able to easily out-damage you at long range due to its superior accuracy (which it has at the expense of other stats such as Rate of Fire). Start ambushing people, however, and I suspect you'll begin to see the Soma's high RoF and big clip pay off, as its drawbacks matter less in that situation. Alternatively, try switching up your loadout until you find something that works for you.

--Or you could have been doing everything right but suffering a serious case of lag. I wasn't there. :clem: 

1 hour ago, SpeedOfLightPuncher said:

It is not the same was as I would like it to be.

It is too slow, even battlefield 1 with all the bugs is better 

You are comparing a parkour intensive shooter/hack&slash game with a shooter with vehicles&class system. BF1 (which I assume you refer to BF1942) was a whole different beast compared to warframe.

As others said, you likely just missed far more than you hit. Unnecessary hyperbole is another option. Either way, I'd recommend checking the stats of equipment, trying different setups, and keeping a closer eye on if you are actually hitting or not. It's rather easy to miss enemies due to hitbox sizes, potential movement speeds, and most weapons' imperfect accuracy.

2 hours ago, Avalona said:

There is reason behind people STILL saying that PvP is extremely unbalanced.

Yeah, because people STILL don't understand that weapons are balanced separately from PvE. Seriously.

Edited by Vyrndragon

6 hours ago, (PS4)Francis_Boudreau said:

You know now i think you might have run into a friend of mine because he used those weapons in pvp and destroys people for the fun of it.

5 hours ago, (PS4)Double991 said:

I play conclave A LOT and this is totally false. The people using that loadout are new to conclave so they shouldn't be dominating you unless you're new too.

My only gripe with it on PS4 right now is that they over buffed the melee damage output with those stances. The people who can't shoot just resort to mashing melee but they aren't any good.

Don't forget to utilize your parkour moves (Bullet Jump, Double Jump, Side Roll, Backflip, Wall Jumps, Wall Latches, Aim Glide, Etc.)

um that is false as many people use that loadout to play just to have others think they are new

Im sure they are working on the mk1 issue. That is across all platforms. 

Odds are they will set a limit on what syndicate level can use that or an amount of games that you are allowed to use those weapons before you have to use the regular weapons in conclave. Some high mastery ranks out there neber touched an ounce of conclave and are quite frankly rookies using rookie weapons against a few of us who are here everyday. I can tell a rookie when i see one. I also see smurfers and thats with any mmo or other rpg. 

With many things in conclave there is no perfect solution but please feel free to give a way to do it. The forums are a great way to help the game by not only posting issues but offering solutions or potential solutions. 

On Monday, September 12, 2016 at 6:36 AM, (PS4)GHOSTBEAST1000 said:

um that is false as many people use that loadout to play just to have others think they are new

Eh? No...mk1 weapons are indeed deadly in conclave you know. Dont let that starter gears status fool you, even unpopular weapons like kraken is really deadly in conclave