Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Titania. To farm or not to farm?

(PSN)B0XMAN517

Question

I'm trying to decide if I should buy the frame or farm it. I plan on doing the quest so if this plays a factor, in regards to farming Titania, please answer as spoiler free as possible. Searching online has lead me to believe that farming Titania requires plant scanning, despite Titania's wiki not mentioning this (I have not read the quest link in order to avoid spoilers). How does plant scanning play a factor in this process, roughly how many plant scans are required, can Helios scan plants, and how bad/long is the grind? Am I completely off on the plant scanning? Is there a different way to farm her component bps? In short, is this a "normal" amount of grind or more of a "tedious/larger" amount of grind (like scanning Kavat codes) compared to most frames?

TL;DR: About how much grind/time is required hunting and scanning plants compared to farming a kavat? I phrase the question that way because farming kavats is too much of a chore for me so I buy the required codes instead.

Edited by (PS4)B0XMAN517

20 answers to this question

15 minutes ago, (PS4)B0XMAN517 said:

I'm trying to decide if I should buy the frame or farm it. I plan on doing the quest so if this plays a factor, in regards to farming Titania, please answer as spoiler free as possible. Searching online has lead me to believe that farming Titania requires plant scanning, despite Titania's wiki not mentioning this (I have not read the quest link in order to avoid spoilers). How does plant scanning play a factor in this process, roughly how many plant scans are required, can Helios scan plants, and how bad/long is the grind? Am I completely off on the plant scanning? Is there a different way to farm her component bps? In short, is this a "normal" amount of grind or more of a "tedious/larger" amount of grind (like scanning Kavat codes) compared to most frames?

You get her parts as you complete each part of the quest, similar to the Sands of Inaros quest.  Yes there is plant scanning; but that just applies to the quest only.

Edited by Aniawn

19 minutes ago, trunks013 said:

FARM !!!

super easy to get , super low crafting requirement , fun quest and fun frame

Just try it ^.^ 

16 minutes ago, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

Farm

Why burn through the new content in less than a day?

11 minutes ago, KirukaChan said:

This quest is perfectly reasonable. No forced 12 hour wait between individual parts either. You can do the whole thing in one sitting.

Do I need to scan a lot of flowers like kavat codes? Is so, will helios scan them and roughly how many do I need to scan?

10 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

When she came out i bought her then did the quest just to have the BPs in my collection.

The quest is pretty easy to do, specially now that DE fixed the spawn rates for all flowers so their pretty easy to come by.

I don't know if the spawn that fix has hit consoles yet, I couldn't find it in the update notes.

Edited by (PS4)B0XMAN517
Can't fix spoiler formatting.

Helios will scan plants as long as their entries are not yet complete in the Codex. The number of scans required to complete the Codex entries for the plants found on Earth exceed the number of plants needed to craft the items needed for the quest. Same goes for the first three new plants.

You may need to manually scan some Frostleaf or Vestan Moss. I don't remember if the amount you need exceeds the number of scans necessary to complete their Codex entries.

That said, Frostleaf spawns in large quantities and Vestan Moss, though uncommon, is a guaranteed spawn at each of its spawn locations. Once you know where they spawn on each tile containing a spawn point, they are not hard to get.

To answer the question:

You MUST scan plants in order to proceed the quest and get more of the blueprint parts rewarded to you. You cannot get her blueprints any other way and it's not hard, but it can be tedious.

Helios can work, but only if you DO NOT have the plant fully scanned; as soon as the codex is complete, you'll have to do it manually.

As a veteran player, I can say the quest isn't as bad as limbo theorem, or sands of Inaros. That is to say the requirements to proceed only take a full minute to build as opposed to 12 hours or having to fight a rare enemy specifically.

Her quest is "fun" if you haven't done the gimmick before, not bad, just not anything new.

23 minutes ago, trunks013 said:

fun quest

The quest is the opposite of fun. It's unoriginal. If you have played Cicero Crisis, this quest will only bring back bad memories but will alleviate the pain of having to look for even more plants, if you have scanned some more along the way. If not, or you have never done Cicero Crisis, then it's as dull as it can be. The only interesting part is the story that ties in to the Warframe, albeit irrelevant for the time being.

Edited by JRMC

Just now, JRMC said:

The quest is the opposite of fun. It's unoriginal. If you have played Cicero Crisis, this quest will only bring back bad memories but alleviate the pain of having to look for even more plants, if you have scanned some more along the way. If not, or you have never done Cicero Crisis, then it's as dull as it can be. The only interesting part is the story that ties in to the Warframe, albeit irrelevant for the time being.

If you haven't already used up any plants for things like the non-team Health Restore, you can literally just take an Ember and Helios, turn on World on Fire, and walk through Earth, stopping when you hear your Helios see something new (though it might have a field day with the sheer number of Threshcones that spawn everywhere).

Farming for plants is really only tedious if you intend to farm for the new aura mods after completing the quest since you will almost certainly have completed the Codex entry by that point.

12 minutes ago, JRMC said:

The quest is the opposite of fun. It's unoriginal. If you have played Cicero Crisis, this quest will only bring back bad memories but will alleviate the pain of having to look for even more plants, if you have scanned some more along the way. If not, or you have never done Cicero Crisis, then it's as dull as it can be. The only interesting part is the story that ties in to the Warframe, albeit irrelevant for the time being.

I was there during cicero crisis and also got a bunch a bug where the frost plant did not spawn at all.

I mean fun quest because of the lore and the challenge of it ( last part personaly ) and we have not time wall and the frame is fun ^.^ ... and i like fire like a little too much ( just kidding )

25 minutes ago, Aniawn said:

You get her parts as you complete each part of the quest, similar to the Sands of Inaros quest.  Yes there is plant scanning; but that just applies to the quest only.

actualy its not for quest only

you can rescan them to recraft the apothic to spawn the specter to get new aura mods ^.^

Edited by trunks013

I'd honestly say she's worth the farm. If I recall correctly, she doesn't have any tough crafting requirements, and plant scanning is rather easy, though I've seen a few people have trouble with it. It goes by a lot faster than Sands of Inaros, honestly. Not a bad quest, but rather short with small bits of lore and story thrown in between missions.