Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to build Fire Chroma( Or reason other elements are better)

AngryBAsian

Question

So I am new to chroma and I want to know what build is best to take for Fire Chroma...

Also, if there are other elements you feel is better, please tell me and why.

Thank you!

P.S: Feel free to include build of element you think is the best.

Edited by AngryBAsian

14 answers to this question

most people build for ice because of the additional armor boost, but fire is another good one to use as well.

Considered Best -ICE>FIRE>SHOCK>TOXIN- considered worst

i think this is how i have mine built. (along with Zen focus school and a companion that can refill my shield) i may have Energy Siphon as my aura instead of Rejuvination.

you can also trade out intensify for Everlasting Ward for some group play

Capture1.jpg

Edited by (PS4)Elctrcstel

I run ToxiChroma, personally. Lots of people are quick to call it the weakest element but I feel the increase to team DPS by faster reloading and weapon swapping is still worthwhile. I have him built for high duration, strength and using the Everlasting Ward augment. My Elemental Wards last for about a minute, my Vex Armor caps high which when used alongside Stand United and Coaction Drift is a large chunk of armor to make up for not having Ice, and since I have Everlasting Ward the fact my range is tiny is meaningless so long as I enter my teammates' personal space at least once a minute.

Personally, I feel Inaros is just a plain better tank because of how he works mechanically, so rather than try to make two super tanks that do the same job I'd rather have one super tank and one pretty good tank that can do something much less common.

12 minutes ago, VisionAndVoice said:

Ice Chroma is considered superior, due to his Elemental Ward stacking with Vex armour, allowing him to become even more FOKKIN INVINCIBLE.

Can you tell me the build for Ice chroma?

or rather show?

Edited by AngryBAsian

10 minutes ago, (PS4)Elctrcstel said:

most people build for ice because of the additional armor boost, but fire is another good one to use as well.

i think this is how i have mine built. (along with Zen focus school and a companion that can refill my shield) i may have Energy Siphon as my aura instead of Rejuvination.

Capture1.jpg

Thank you so much! If you think Ice Chroma is better do you care to show me your build for Ice chroma too?

Edited by AngryBAsian

1 minute ago, AngryBAsian said:

Understood. I will see how it works for me. Seems solid to me but what can I say im just a noob XD

its cool. Chroma takes a little getting used to, just like any frame. try out other build for yourself and see what works for you. my build is probably far from optimal, but its what works for me.

Edited by (PS4)Elctrcstel

16 minutes ago, (PS4)Elctrcstel said:

Capture1.jpg

I'm seeing about 4 (maybe 5) forma in this build as well, yes?

Electric has some good damage, roughly 19k per 100 shield damage, highest Arc I've seen was 192k for 1024 shields. Arcane Barrier is quite good for it.

Problem with both Electric and Toxic is you're eHP is so low you don't really get to make good use of their damage boosts.

Fire sometimes has better Melee damage output over Ice since you do not need Life Strike on your weapon but there's one thing Fire can do that Ice cannot. Which is make use of Naramon Shadow Step + Traumatic Redirection, while at the same time keeping a Max Vex Fury Buff.

I've gotten 1.6 million Red Crits using War with that spec at x3 combo, though it's a bit tedious if you don't have Arcane Grace as you have to drop your duration down a bit to keep up with healing Traumatic Redirection's damage.

Fire or Ice are really the only good choices.

Edited by Xzorn

My no forma build:

steel charge

P. Flow R8 / Vitality / Streamline / Intensify

P. Continuity R8 / Rage / Fleeting Expertise R3 / Narrow Minded

200% duration, 170% efficiency, 34% range, 130% strength

You can swap Intensify for Everlasting Ward, coz its effect will remain once your teammates get in the aura so no need for high power range.