Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best endgame primary?

Guest GorgonTheHeroine

Question

Guest GorgonTheHeroine

Good morning.

I'm looking for information on primary weapons I should build and keep. Ones that are good in any normal mission, alerts, and endgame.

Thank you in advance for your time and consideration. 

17 answers to this question

Best for what situation? 

I love Vaykor Hek for stronger enemies, Synoid Simulor with Mirage for crowds, or any good-modded bow with Ivara's 4th. Also Ignis for low-level missions, it cleans weak enemies very fast. And sometimes I run with Quanta Vandal or Soma Prime.

There's no best weapon than others, only best suited weapons for different situations. And those you personally enjoy, of course. But I must admit I have this insane love for shotguns, I bring my Vaykor Hek almost everywhere, it deals damage to almost everything. Tonkor is my second choice, but it might be hard to use in small spaces.

Kohm + Shotgun Spazz mod

It needs alot of ammo but it can crush everything

Here's the video from another guy with his deadly Kohm:

Spoiler

I'm using a bit different build but result is the same.

And... Man, I got some important knowledge playing WF about a 2 years. There's no completely endgame weps. Nice wep can become endgame wep only if endgame mods are installed into.

I'm slightly biased because I like burst rifles, but if you can get the Arbiters of Hexis augment for it, and enough forma, the Burston Prime can make a decent primary. I used that thing for so long, I couldn't bear to part with it.

As for shotguns, I'm a fan of the Vanilla Hek, the burst damage on it with Scattering Justice (Steel Meridian augment) is just silly.

For bows, I flip flop back and forth on which weapon I use between the Paris Prime and the Dread.

A few days ago, I was playing with a Banshee in a T4 Orokin Void Survival, and she was using Sonar with crit-based Ignis and she was clearing swarms of enemies. Seriously, I was impressed, straight into forty-five minutes when we extracted.

I guess the only bad thing about that combo is that Banshee is ridiculously squishy, but I've seen it work extremely effectively.

OP you should prolly give an example of what you consider "End Game" because people in this game have entirely different ideas for that concept.

I personally consider it to be quad levels. Which is lvl 1,000 - 3,000+ while other people consider it to be Sorties lvl 80-120 and others consider lvl 300 to be far enough.

If you're talking about Sorties then the difference in many weapons doesn't matter much but the higher you go; more weapons fall off until you're left with a very short list.

6 hours ago, (PS4)NewAgeDoom said:

There's no real "right" answer to this particular question. The copout answer is use whatever you feel comfortable with, and mod it to be as powerful as you possibly can.

Actually - the answer is whatever you have that you can mod to do the most DPS or status.  I tend to stick to Dread,  & Soma Prime because i am familar with them and they synergize well with the ash passive ability. When i am running Dread I run Aksommati as my secondary and when i am running soma I run Spira Prime so I always have something that is 'quiet' and something that it high ROF...

YMMV