Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Music Frame[dev 82]

(XBOX)EternalDrk Mako

7 hours ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

but ...why limbo 

I think it's safe to assume that this Warframe will focus on support and buffs to differentiate her from Banshee's offensive kit. This will also allow her to fit nicely into the classic Bard role.

However, here's the problem: Bards are ridiculous and campy. Even within the fantasy genre, they're often excluded because they're so conceptually silly; the image of them strumming a lute while their friends are fighting and dying says it all.

The only other extremely campy thing in Warframe is Limbo. I'd say that's why the two fit together nicely.

On September 24, 2016 at 8:48 PM, DeMonkey said:

Unless she pumps out Metal I'm not interested.

I know she's BardFrame and Bards don't do Metal, but still...

They said soon. So hopefully not as late as December.

Give her Zenistar and have her wreck Sh!t like a metal head wrecking the stage with a guitar "axe".  If DE is smart they will have the alt helm be a "metal head".

It would be outstanding if you could choose her music theme and buy additional themes with plat.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

what if they decided to give her a big set of drums? wow, it will be hard to carry in a mission :XD

And an electic guitar? where would they plug it for electricity?

Dammm.... i cannot stop laughing

PS: i guess now i know why we still have unutilized rooms in the ship

It will be a recording studio, where we can create, record and adjust its music lol

Edited by (XB1)Oussii

On September 24, 2016 at 8:17 PM, AuroraSonicBoom said:

Good to see they're reserving the musical aesthetic for a frame that actually deserves it. That decreases the chance of them fracking up Banshee Prime's design with dubstep memes to appeal to the masses.

I see a tropical bird frame...if she head-bobs while she runs, I'll die laughing...

13 hours ago, AM-Bunny said:

I think it's safe to assume that this Warframe will focus on support and buffs to differentiate her from Banshee's offensive kit. This will also allow her to fit nicely into the classic Bard role.

However, here's the problem: Bards are ridiculous and campy. Even within the fantasy genre, they're often excluded because they're so conceptually silly; the image of them strumming a lute while their friends are fighting and dying says it all.

The only other extremely campy thing in Warframe is Limbo. I'd say that's why the two fit together nicely.

sound support makes sense

Just now, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

sound support makes sense

Doesn't really make any sense to me.

Lightning manipulation? Fire manipulation? Magnet manipulation? Sound manipulation? I get that these are all supernatural powers (space magic) but our rational minds can comprehend how such powers could be weaponized.

However, fairy magic? Music magic? What do those things even mean? These concepts are so completely and utterly divorced from any basis of reality that they fringe on absurd. I'm not really a fan of that design direction.

not even minding the looks but tbqh i feel this design is screaming "we're running out of ideas"... i mean srly a music frame on top of a sound based frame? what's next, frames for every kind of musical (sub-)genre? sorry, but: bit uninspired imo.

... also i bet she'll be able to CC enemies by making them dance in place or something along those silly lines...

1 hour ago, Slaviar said:

blind guardian +1

3 hours ago, AM-Bunny said:

Doesn't really make any sense to me.

Lightning manipulation? Fire manipulation? Magnet manipulation? Sound manipulation? I get that these are all supernatural powers (space magic) but our rational minds can comprehend how such powers could be weaponized.

However, fairy magic? Music magic? What do those things even mean? These concepts are so completely and utterly divorced from any basis of reality that they fringe on absurd. I'm not really a fan of that design direction.

well support makes sense to help her kit. maybe something like how nezha which is a aggressive support 

halo def (aug) and heals allies removes status and does fair cc and damage with 4rth 

the only thing i can think of, as a way to roll her out is a mixed offensive support in that way.

for the magic part...well we have had oberon , wouldnt his kit have that ?

3 hours ago, Kotsender_Quasimir said:

not even minding the looks but tbqh i feel this design is screaming "we're running out of ideas"... i mean srly a music frame on top of a sound based frame? what's next, frames for every kind of musical (sub-)genre? sorry, but: bit uninspired imo.

... also i bet she'll be able to CC enemies by making them dance in place or something along those silly lines...

music / bard themes have been popping up a lot 

(but then again typhus and flora come to mind ........ on desired frames)

so its up to DE , i personally hope for something more like a siren ....

WHAT! I thought this was a joke but seriously. Think a little bit more outside the box. I'm sure the frame will be good but they NEED a new concept . I was hoping for a fresh idea maybe if I see what she can do it will fine or Why not just throw banshee in the trash the music frame is here now.

inaros and Atlas are an exception .

2 minutes ago, Cryo.1700 said:

WHAT! I thought this was a joke but seriously. Think a little bit more outside the box. I'm sure the frame will be good but they NEED a new concept . I was hoping for a fresh idea maybe if I see what she can do it will fine or Why not just throw banshee in the trash the music frame is here now.

inaros and Atlas are an exception .

what about nezah and ember? or you know chroma for that matter ...

specialized vs general elemental 

banshee is general sound, music is specialized 

3 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

what about nezah and ember? or you know chroma for that matter ...

specialized vs general elemental 

banshee is general sound, music is specialized 

you have point but they are not solely manipulating fire.  Sounds and music are one of the same thing you can't separate that. 

Just now, Cryo.1700 said:

you have point but they are not solely manipulating fire.  Sounds and music are one of the same thing you can't separate that. 

different aspects of vibrations 

sound as noise with vibrations designed to cause cc , damage and stun . think very High or very low specific frequency being emitted

music is vibrations that are stimulating , purposed to pleasure or cause innate triggers in the brain to stimulate. music is also tribal and cultural 

2 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

different aspects of vibrations 

sound as noise with vibrations designed to cause cc , damage and stun . think very High or very low specific frequency being emitted

music is vibrations that are stimulating , purposed to pleasure or cause innate triggers in the brain to stimulate. music is also tribal and cultural 

What he was trying to say is that weather or not you find a specific vibration combination to be stimulating to you or not doesn't exclude the fact that all it comes down to is sound vibration.

Also what kind of music is "pleasurable" to you or not is not the same for everyone.