Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tenno vs. Guardian (who would win)

(PSN)bddacres

So  I want to answer a question that's been bothering me for a while. Who would win in a fight The Tenno of Warframe or, the Guardians of Destiny.

Rules are you must state why you believe one side would win over the other based on  reasonable evidence. PLease state in would win in a 1v1 situation and a 3v3 situation 

Background on Tenno:

So the tenno are the children of the Void who are presumed immortal in some way (can probably be killed by cutting down the operator). The tenno use void energies to power warframe which have a variety of abilities and uses. Although the tenno does not partake in battle personally through the process of transference the operator's warframe can be temporarily disabled.

Combative abilities: The Tenno rely mostly on their abilities however some tenno use weapons alone.Generally even the slowest of tenno can outmatch guardian is speed. Combined with the fact that a warframe can be modified to regenerate energy very quickly.

Background on the Guardians:

Resurrected Dead warriors the Guardians are heroes of the Light. They are essentially immortal like the tenno however they can be killed.  They can be resurrected after being killed but, only through the used of another guardians ghost. Areas where an immense presence of darkness is found prevents the guardians from being resurrected,

Combative abilities: Guardians rely heavily on weaponry rather than the ability bestowed upon them by the traveler (jesus christ of destiny). It seems that Guardians can only use offensive abilities when they has stored enough light energy. They can accelerate the process of charging their light by slaying enemies.

Imo , i have my money on the Tenno in both situations just because guardians in a battle situation seems like glorified eximus units.... Due to slow speed and heavy reliance on weaponry 

2 minutes ago, Lumamaster said:

Tenno would probably win, purely because they have weapons that can punch through the 6 feet of armor that is wielded by sortie 3 grineer.

Also warframe abilities op, plus independent revive.

Guardians can independent revive and also have an infinite amount in non-dark zones 

1 minute ago, Agentawesome said:

Tenno would easily win. The Guardians can't enter the Void without becoming corrupted. Chances are the Tenno can easily throw out as many Warframes as they want with 0 risk of ever dying. 

I mean the Iron Lords (the best of the Guardians pretty much) could even handle a reskined infestation (cough cough Siva)

15 minutes ago, (PS4)bddacres said:

Combative abilities: The Tenno rely mostly on their abilities however some tenno use weapons alone.Generally even the slowest of tenno can outmatch guardian is speed. Combined with the fact that a warframe can be modified to regenerate energy very quickly.

I disagree with this. The Tenno do not mostly rely on one thing, they are very versatile.

Have only played a little bit of destiny (don't own it myself) but I'm fairly familiar with it.

Personally i think that Warframe abilities are a lot more powerful than Guardian abilities. Warframes are also a lot more mobile, and deadly up close. Their weapons array is vast and has been shown to be effective against any enemy, from hordes of infested to squads of Heavily armored Grineer, and everything in between. I think whether its 1v1 or 3v3 the Tenno would take it without too much issue.

Having never played Destiny, I am biased, but I still say Warframes/Tenno would win. In 1 on 1 maybe not, but I think in numbers the Tenno would have it. For goodness sake the Tenno themselves can petrify the enemy at a glance if they choose to. 

3 minutes ago, (PS4)bddacres said:

ehhh... same can be argued for guardians but when it comes done to it destiny is more focused on gunplay while warframe revolves around abilities 

So i'm guessing this isn't a "who would win?" that uses lore as the basis, but focuses on gameplay mechanics? I highly doubt a Guardian is as versatile as a Tenno.

Edited by EmptyDevil

4 minutes ago, EmptyDevil said:

So i'm guessing this isn't an "who would win?" that uses lore as the basis, but focuses on gameplay mechanics? I highly doubt a Guardian is as versatile as a Tenno.

mate....... I said the tenno would win imo however we cant look at lore alone bc guardians are extremely op in destiny lore...... I mean TTK's storyline was centered around killing a GOD.

Edited by (PS4)bddacres

The Tenno. 

My reasoning behind this is that theyre faster, more versatile, and when grouped up can easily, and almost instantly, remove armor, remove weapons, and remove sanity from an enemy, leaving them to beat their allies with whatever hittin' sticks they have on them. All of that, of course, can be achieved without using a single weapon, which they can fire even as they're hitting with their abilities. 

Dont get me wrong, the Guardians are tough, but the Tenno grow exponentially in strength when paired up. Though, even in 1v1, and Inaros would likely devour a guardian. 

Just now, DrBorris said:

We have the ultimate trump card, Limbo.

(Seriously though, in these theoretical fights Limbo is OP as fudge. Just banish and Ember and have her run around like a chicken with their head cut off.)

Or just banish the three guardians and laugh as they struggle with the futility of essentially being ghosts. (Not the destiny kind)

13 minutes ago, KyoBladezen said:

Or just banish the three guardians and laugh as they struggle with the futility of essentially being ghosts. (Not the destiny kind)

Then maybe throw some bounce pads on them so they jump around like idiots.

Or Switch teleport them off the side of a cliff.

Or hit them with a radiation proc to turn on the o-so-dreaded friendly fire.

Or just put them to sleep...

Good god Tenno are massive trolls, why defeat when we can just humiliate and laugh?

I found this old argument on it: https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/warframe-vs-destiny.312309/page-2

Seems that even back then people were on Warframes side with this, due to their powers being absurdly good. 

Oh god. 

Imagine: 50 Inaros, all with Stand United and Coaction Drift. 
They'd have 9.9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% damage reduction. 
And be able to self-revive by eating the guardians. 

3v3...

Limbo+Trinity+Ash

Any enemy would be helpless as limbo negates all efforts to actually fight the Tenno(limbo and his allies perma rift traveling).  Trinity will kill them while they burst into clouds of energy.  Ash would just kill them in a heartbeat as him + 2 clones repeatedly stab them in the face(while invincible due to being in the rift).

Even if the enemy truly was invincible; unless they can transverse dimensions freely they have about a 0% chance to actually hurt the warframes(much less the tenno) given a millennia to even try it.

EDIT:

To the resurrection of guardians, how many times are you going to resurrect if the moment you do someone stabs you in the face 6 times (18 ash attacks/3=6).  I'd wager at some point they'd find a way to keep themselves dead just to make it stop.

Edited by zehne