Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tenno vs. Guardian (who would win)

(PSN)bddacres

36 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

Tenno would win hands down, it wouldn't even be a contest. they have better abilities, mastery of Martial arts, and the power of the Void on their side. Guardians are just gloried space marines. I'll even match some of their powers up for you;

Titan's Shield vs Frost's snow globe: titan's shield doesn't allow you to attack out of it and is fixed duration based. Frost's globes allow outward attacks, can freeze and slow enemies within them and are health based.

Hunter's Golden Gun vs. Mesa's Peacemaker: Hunter gets 3 shots, Mesa gets unlimited shots as long as she has energy and has faster reflexes.

Warlock's Nova Bomb vs. every CC in Warframe: we can extend our power range and damage, Warlocks have fixed stats.

give me the name of any Warframe you like, and I'll tell you how they can easily beat 3 chumps in power armour. go on, make my day.

In game mechanics do not make for an accurate comparison. At all.

It's like comparing Aegwynn to a level 90 fire mage. It's silly.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

This isn't even a fair fight. Warframes win when the Operators press "4" at the start of the battle.

No, the REAL battle is... Space Mom vs Whoever is making you do stuff in Destiny!

Space Mom vs. Dinkle-bot: That victory for Space Mom came from Lua.

Space Mom vs. The Speaker: Space Mom actually tells you useful stuff and lore. The Speaker doesn't look hot at all. Space Mom FTW.

Space Mom vs. The Stranger: I don't have time to explain why Space Mom wins this fight.

Space Mom vs. Queen of the Reef, Mara Sov: Actually a tough fight. Both bring the hotness, so Space Mom wins merely because you actually get to talk with her more than twice.

Space Mom vs. Eris (Glowie Eyed Lady): Space mom is way hotter and less likely to put her rocks on your map. Space Mom with the easy victory.

Space Mom vs. Cayde-6: It's Nathan Fillion. And his map doesn't need rocks on it. Because he rocks so hard. Robo-Mal wins one for Destiny!

Space Mom vs. Mr. Iron Lord Guy: Mr Iron Lord Guy might have won if this was against Teshin, but he's spent the last 2 years doing nothing but hanging out once every few months trying to look important. Space Mom is always there for you. Space Mom wins if only because I don't have to pay for DLC for her to finally be a character who does things for once.

So.. uh, 6 for Warframe, 1 for Destiny. Not bad for Space Mom!

30 minutes ago, Ibro156 said:

I mean the Operators aren't immune to damage either. Limbo therom and Mirage Quest both of their Operators and Warframes had died from damage. Both these Operators took more pain then they can handle. Hell, even our Operator says "that hurts". When taking too much pain.

Wasn't saying that. It was mainly to the point of another poster who was claiming the operator as a weakness when they cannot be touched by a guardian while in the void

Arena fight:

Manoverability - Point goes to tenno. No Questions asked. Hovering in the air won't help you in a fight, while bulletjumping will make you much harder to hit. - Point for the Tenno

Teamplay: Guardians won't support each other as much as tenno do. So, once everything goes to a 3v3, tenno have a clear advantage (energy vampire trinity combined with some funny stuff i.e.). Also, if one tenno uses energy restore, everyone gets energy back - Point for the Tenno

Abilitys: Guardians abilitys are pretty much "throw grenades and do meele hits" (save for the supers, wich need to be charged first), while a freshly deployed warframe may easily unleash hell. Point goes to Tenno. If however, the guardians charge their supers, it would be equal I guess (still guardians would only have one shot. If this one misses... well bad luck) Point goes to Tenno

Ability to die: Pretty much nonexistend on both. (well guardians can technicly die, if you do something to their ghost or whatever, there are reports of dead guardians. For a Tenno, you would have to search him out) Both can revive each other. While Tenno have a 15 secound timer, tenno may revive themselves afterwards (up to 4 times) while guardians will be hovering around as a spirit till a teammate revives.

Arsenal: Tennoweapons are highly customizeable, while guardian wepapons basicly always inflict one of three damage types. Also, Guardian Weapons are quite limited in their types (shotgun, scoutrifle, burstrifle, autorifle, pistol, sniper, rocketlauncher, sword as I recall), save for their legendary weapons wich are quite powerfull. Still, out of the sheer mass of different weapons and the ammount of customizability (and the fact that modded tenno weapons punsh through EVERYTHING^^) point goes to tenno again.

Armor: Guess they are quite equal - both can withstand extensive automatic fire duration and even explosion, and both have regenerating shields.

Speedkilling: looking at the kill numbers in a 30 min warframe run, and a 30 min destiny run, warframes kill a lot more guys

All in all, if we assume that all skills would work to 100% on both sides:
Destiny: Tanks are pretty much #*($%%@. Won't come close enough for divebombing, and tenno will be more deadly in close combat under a shield.
Warlocks: Electromancer would stand a chance due to incrased resilence and cc immunity and autoaim while ult. Voidwalkercould artillery - novabomb. But that is very slow, and a tenno could jump out of the way. Sunsinger... well not so much. Grenades are hard enough to hit on slow guardians, don't want to immagine trying to attach them to tenno
Hunters: Golden gun could take tenno out, depending on strength. The knive guy would die bevore he could get to a tenno. Shackels: Tenno will laugh
So hunters with golden gun and warlocks with electromancy, and MAYBE warlocks with novabomb would stand a chance on killing tenno. Also, they need to do this 4 times in a row.

Tenno: I'm not going to cover all warframes. Any cc will basicly kill all non-ulting guardians. So to stand a chance, guardians would need to hide till their ult is ready, and then activate it and use the few secounds to kill a tenno. Then, hide again for minutes.Will be quite hard, regarding tenno radar sight is much wider, and tennos are much faster than guardians. Also, scanners will totaly obliterate any hiding guardian. Also, since they aren't invulnurable during their ults (merely cc imune), its still not guaranteed they can kill the tenno.

Conclusion:
In a 1v1: If the guardian manages to run long enough, and times perfectly, he would kill a warframe (not very likely for him to achive this tho, as I listed above. once the warframe gets an eye on a non ulted guardian, guardian would be cc'd and dead.)
3v3: This looks much worse for the guardians, since tenno will be able to fully apply cheese tactics in a team. Also, I suppose guardians would split up, so they could take advantage of their "revive an allie whenever you want" ability, and so 2 of them could go charge their ults while one is hunted down by 3 frames.  As I stated, warframe is much more of a team game than destiny. 3 guardians in a team are maybe 3,5 the strength of 3 seperate guardians, while 3 warframes in a team... well you know the cheese

So after all: If we ignore the fact that both fractions are almost immune to death, I would bet on the warframes. Their powerlevel is just much higher (and they exist in a much furthre future, allowing for more technical development)

Full out war:
Well, tenno would win because they would have something to attack - the last city. Guardians could only defend - or destory some relays, but that woudn't stop the warframes. (most relays actually are destroyed, and we didn't give a S#&$^^) - so as long as the guardians won't find a way to get to the liset /lua and kill the tenno... bad luck

Edited by (PS4)T0katax

Tenno will win hands down no matter what frame you select. I'm a regular Destiny player and the Tenno is so much powerful with 4 abilities compared to the Guardian's one. Guradians have the Warlock, Titan and Hunter while Tenno has an impressive and growing number of frames to choose from. Weapon wise the Tenno has more versatile weapons, gears that can restore health/ability and ammo and can call the help of Specters. Sentinels, Kubrow and Kavat helpful than the ghost. The Tenno would win!

I'm, gonna have to give it to the guardians.  For one reason:  The have killed literal gods.  As in, these things cannot be killed by anything, immortal beings of almighty powa.  That, and they kill a machine who had complete control over time itself.  So, sorry warframe: guardian wins.  in 3v3, that is. Even that is if the guardians aren't ultra sweaty slat-eaters. 1v1, tenno wins.  every time, hands down.  Slide in, blast them with a tirgris, follow up with a galantine swing, if it's a bubble titan.

In terms of health factors: Destiny has enough salt to make the dead see look like fresh water.  Drink warframe, be healthy.  

Edited by (XB1)chillichillman

7 hours ago, SilvaDreams said:

Ya I keep seeing people say that. But the Operator stays in the Orbitors which in turn hides within the Void... Which even if they could get there some how they would end up like almost anything else... Lost or nothing left of them.

i did not know this because i am seeing some lisets on the star map flying around. 

well if that is the case poor guardians.

18 hours ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

I'm, gonna have to give it to the guardians.  For one reason:  The have killed literal gods.  As in, these things cannot be killed by anything, immortal beings of almighty powa.  That, and they kill a machine who had complete control over time itself.  So, sorry warframe: guardian wins.  in 3v3, that is. Even that is if the guardians aren't ultra sweaty slat-eaters. 1v1, tenno wins.  every time, hands down.  Slide in, blast them with a tirgris, follow up with a galantine swing, if it's a bubble titan.

In terms of health factors: Destiny has enough salt to make the dead see look like fresh water.  Drink warframe, be healthy.  

Context matters. Specifically, the fact that said gods had conditions that made them vulnerable to death. And the fact that said gods were just extremely powerful mortals who were worshipped as gods.

I just relized something: neither one would win. 

The tenno and weapons are meant to hurt mortal beings. Things that have yet to die. The guardian have died, seen an afterlife, and returned. They are beings of light, and therefore Tenno cant hurt them. The same gors for the guardians. Their damage utilizes light, so they can only harm beings who have been touched by light or darkness, the tenno have been touched by niether. 

So they would have to do parler tricks and card games to compete. 

1 hour ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

I just relized something: neither one would win. 

The tenno and weapons are meant to hurt mortal beings. Things that have yet to die. The guardian have died, seen an afterlife, and returned. They are beings of light, and therefore Tenno cant hurt them. The same gors for the guardians. Their damage utilizes light, so they can only harm beings who have been touched by light or darkness, the tenno have been touched by niether. 

So they would have to do parler tricks and card games to compete. 

Guardians die permanently if they are killed in a darkness zone. Tenno die permanently if their Operator is killed.

Tenno have better guns all around at all stages, even at starting level. Guardians -might- have better melee weapons, but that might be a stretch considering their melee weapons cost Heavy ammo to use.

Tenno are far more agile. The most evasive subclass (Nightstalker) and the most agile subclass (Bladedancer) can't hold a candle to any of the Tenno even if those two subclasses were combined. If Blink was horizontal instead of dependent on trajectory and velocity, Blink might make up for the lack of agility. But since it's not, Tenno still win.

Tenno have better (and more) powers. Excalibur's Exalted Blade > Bladedancer's Arc Blade, everything about Nova > everything about Warlock (minus the self-revive), etc. Tenno powers aren't limited to three elements either. 

Tenno are more skilled with that they have than the Guardians. You won't find any Guardian pulling off any trick shots like the Tenno can, primarily because of game structure (yeah, sad to say that that actually counts here). There are more mechanics in Warframe that allow Tenno to combined any set of them to produce a different effect that contributes to completing their mission. Guardians can only run and shoot until their ultimates are ready. Tenno need to combine their agility, their aim, their close-quarters techniques, and their set of powers to reach their maximum potential. Nevermind the Focus mechanic.

Tenno have more support. Cephalons, the Lotus, their Syndicates, kubrows, sentinels, and Spectres. Guardians only have each other and their Ghosts (who are useless in combat). Tenno ships can also aid them in combat as well.

There's really nothing about the Guardians that the Tenno do better by a very wide margin.

On 9/30/2016 at 0:03 AM, Ailissa said:

Had this argument with someone once and their best answers were "well, we have golden gun and gjallarhorn".

I just told them Valkyr would eat them both, giggle, and then tear off the face of whoever shot at her for fun.

How effective would a golden gun be anyways on a let say excal?