The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapons that fall short on stats

Beggining

Two words: power creep. 

I guess maybe four words, meta domination. 

I think the system that needs reworked most is the enemies in the game. Eventually you hit a point where the Tiberon or other weapons like it are no longer effective without tons of forma, and even when you apply that forma they are still outclassed by some of the other Crit/Status and AOE type weapons. 

Automatic weapons generaly.Like braton,burston,stradavar...Would be nice if those were usuable in higher lvl missions.

Topic named weapons who have great stats but fall to deliver on field would be more interesting topic tho.

1 minute ago, RistN said:

Topic named weapons who have great stats but fall to deliver on field would be more interesting topic tho.

I'm not sure what to discuss there: mechanics, I guess? XD

If it has great stats, it's usually really good in gameplay too :3

16 hours ago, Chantepleur said:

Latrons.

If Latron Prime have 20% base crit and Latron Wraith have 65 base damage,

they can be at least in the "Very cool tier", which just under the "Top of the guns" group, but they aren't.

They are far behind top guns but saying they are bad is just so wrong... Both are powerful weapons.

3 hours ago, TrashSpider said:

Even after the reaper prime stat boost, it's stance is just awful, goes all over the place. 

Forma stance slot and use Stalking Fan. You'll love it

1 hour ago, Beggining said:

I'm not sure what to discuss there: mechanics, I guess? XD

If it has great stats, it's usually really good in gameplay too :3

Yeah mechanics and weapons that do massive amounts of dmg on paper but in reality they are just bad.Things like Mitter,drakgoon...

35 minutes ago, no_stripes said:

(makes you wonder why DE bothered developing 3 fairly good stances for that kind of weapon type)

DE has a weird love-hate relationship with their underused weapons, like the NEW nightwatch Machete skin- oh, who uses Machete, again?

22 hours ago, KinetosImpetus said:

Silva and Aegis. Not enough damage. Compounded by the fact I can't get Final Harbinger to drop. Yet somehow it's still my third most used melee... I guess I just really want to like it. 

I would definitely like a better Tiberon, but I think it should have a variant, Prime, Wraith, or something. The original is pretty good on starchart finite duration missions. 

Final Harbinger is quite easy. The Silver Grove is all I will say.

11 hours ago, IceColdHawk said:

5 forma glaxion player here.

It IS bad. Very bad and definitely not viable for everything past lvl 50. But i forma'd it because it can actually kill when using chroma and it looks cool seeing all the enemies explode in ice.

Not really. If it can take you all the way up to level 50 then it isn't that bad of a weapon. Only a few weapons can keep up past that level anyway so the point is moot.

2 hours ago, no_stripes said:

All claw type weapons, which is 2 in total =D

(makes you wonder why DE bothered developing 3 fairly good stances for that kind of weapon type)

Because people use them for fun and could care less about the meta. They're fun to use

1 hour ago, Beggining said:

DE has a weird love-hate relationship with their underused weapons, like the NEW nightwatch Machete skin- oh, who uses Machete, again?

I do. It's a fun weapon.

1 hour ago, Eminem2420 said:

Not really. If it can take you all the way up to level 50 then it isn't that bad of a weapon. Only a few weapons can keep up past that level anyway so the point is moot.

It struggles already against simple lvl 30 - 40 void enemies. Just saying past lvl 50 is a walk into doom.  Low DPS but at a cost of high fire rate. It's never good,

1 hour ago, Eminem2420 said:

Because people use them for fun and could care less about the meta. They're fun to use

Tickling the enemy is not really fun. Well, not fun for me, sorry. And i highly doubt it's fun for most people. Fun is subjective and therefore doesn't help against claws being bad overall. You don't have to roll with galatine prime. You can just bring out your stylish dakra prime if it suits your fancy. It can at least kill.

I mean it's okay if you enjoy weak weapons. But don't say that they're not bad when they ARE bad.

Edited by IceColdHawk

On 9/30/2016 at 3:25 PM, KinetosImpetus said:

Silva and Aegis. Not enough damage. Compounded by the fact I can't get Final Harbinger to drop. Yet somehow it's still my third most used melee... I guess I just really want to like it. 

I would definitely like a better Tiberon, but I think it should have a variant, Prime, Wraith, or something. The original is pretty good on starchart finite duration missions. 

Final harbinger is a common drop from the feyarch specter , go get that stance , cuz its REALLY good

All i have to say is the Stadavar is pretty dissapointing on stats

Semi Auto Base Stats

Total Damage: 50

Impact: 7.5 

Puncture: 30.0

Slash:  12.5

Crit Chance: 20.0%

Status chance: 15%

5 Rounds/Minute

Full Auto Base Stats

Total Damage: 25

Impact: 8.75

Puncture: 8.75

Slash: 7.5

Crit Chance: 10.0%

Status chance:  5.0%

10 Rounds/Minute

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Stradavar

now i have 3 forma in mine but that is only because i like it with how it can become semi auto or full auto

but for a MR-8 weapon i feel that its stats needs to be put on par with other weapons in the Rifle class (mainly the Latron Prime,Soma Prime,Braton Prime,Boltor Prime) dont increase it to much that it out performs these weapons but increase it enough so it is on par with these other weapons and becomes a viable choice not being the weapon thats on the bottom of the pile 

To Eminem

I hope that your day improves and that you can enjoy the highs and lows of this game.

I also hope you didn't think that I was, solely, referring to you. On the whole I think that people are cool on this site and that the vibe is, mainly friendly.

Disappointed with Daikyu due to the time it takes to draw the bloody thing. Decent damage, but in the short time that you survive the frustration of pulling the damned thing without firing, you wish you were dead.

1) Stradavar.
2) Daikyu.
3) Ogris.

In case of Stradavar - being an assault rifle (of which we have plent of) that was released pretty recently it's rather underpowered and is only usable for early game players who have plenty of choice already.

Daikyu: not exactly a bad weapon, but very specific. As a weapon intended to be a status one it shorts rather short because of how status works in this game. Status effects 2.0 could fix that by finally allowing us to go past 100% status chance for bonus effects.

Ogris: for a rocket launcher it's rather weak and unpractical since you are likely to kill yourself than enemies. Rockets explode on contact with anything INCLUDING your teammates. And since the attack deals 100% of damage to you - you are bound to be oneshoted if Ogris is fully moded. In the mean time it falls short in late game in both damage and fire rate. Reducing self-damage as well as slightly increasing the damage itself would be a nice buff to the poor thing. I feel like crap whenever ogris fails to one-shot kill a level 30-40 Heavy Gunner. That's just... No.

Edited by Artek94

10 minutes ago, Artek94 said:

And since the attack deals 100% of damage to you - you are bound to be oneshoted if Ogris is fully moded. In the mean time it falls short in late game in both damage and fire rate. Reducing self-damage as well as slightly increasing the damage itself would be a nice buff to the poor thing. I feel like crap whenever ogris fails to one-shot kill a level 30-40 Heavy Gunner. That's just... No.

I also dislike the Ogris, but in my time with it, I never got this. Never once did I kill myself using it, even tatered and fully modded.

Lato is a great pistol with S#&$ stats. 

Pangolin Sword looks sick but also has S#&$ stats...

Buffing all older weapons from 1.5-2 years ago would be awesome but then there is a problem with new players having too powerful weapons from the beginning. Maybe tie weapon damage / stats to MR for meaningful progression for new players, and for older players to enjoy. Though hard cap them so stats are maxed through few mastery ranks, something like 6 or 8 so casuals like me don't feel bad that same weapon with same build deals more damage because I'm MR 15 and the other guy is 20+.