The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So multishot ..

Teshin_Dax

Many player dont want that multishot change..

Seriously ... this change will turn many decent weapons into garbage.
Many weapons which were able to get 100% Status Chance will just consume too much ammo..

So there is no reason any more to use weapons like Ak-bronco prime which were decent before the "big change"

I would just rename the mods .. something like "Cleaved projectile" ...

well .. first of all, i kinda think nowdays there is at least 2 threads a week about that...

on the second half. we dont even know if it still will happen or is still up to date... i mean when was the last time they talked about it? 30-40 Devstreams ago?

but i get your pleight...

1 minute ago, Genoscythe said:

You know that weapon and enemy stats will be adapted to the changes, right? They won't just remove it and leave the rest of the game like it is now.

i hope so .. but they would still have to change/improve some weapons .. especially the old ones

If you get to 100% status with multishot, you also get to 100% status without the multishot mod(s).

Arsenal shows the chance of getting at least one proc per ammo. Extra bullets created by multishot still use the normal status chance.

11 minutes ago, WaRsHooTer666 said:

i dont think so .. Things like Status Chance are more important than raw damage

I'm assuming status will be part of the damage update concerns. Anyway damage changes are probably a long ways away, so you shouldn't be worrying about it now.

No real reason to change the damage mods work because these are needs to make the weapons more powerful than they could be without. The compensation is hard for the damage loss if they removing these mods because there is no guarantee they can compensate this with level up with damage or something like that.

Other fact if they think they will fix the mandatory mod problem then they fail in their modding system because then we get some other slots for free while they give us the damage which lost as mod form. Overall they just make it more powerful and more power creep if they removing the mandatory mods.

Then they could do this with the warframe ability mods and with the nightmare or corrupted mods aswell because those all are mandatory and make us stronger.

The other possible solution is nerf everything into level zero then your playerbase will rage because our arsenal will be garbage and our frames turn into puppets without any damage dealt. Another solution is they buff the worse mods and those mods which no real benefit for us just change into something which could be useful. They need to look up to their mods and what those mods givesus because their ability of balancing is poor and they need a guide for it.

Edited by Sziklamester

5 minutes ago, Ker-Blammo said:

I'm assuming status will be part of the damage update concerns. Anyway damage changes are probably a long ways away, so you shouldn't be worrying about it now.

well if they change damage, they propably will... i mean at the moment if you do starchart stuff or most "event" stuff like tactical alerts, most status only weapons work the same like a crit weapon... just 2-3 hits more sometimes..... and most crit based weapons over kill the enemies by ~10 times the damage needed ... there must be a reason why they let it look like level 80-100 is max and it should include effort...

Just now, DeFragMe said:

well if they change damage, they propably will... i mean at the moment if you do starchart stuff or most "event" stuff like tactical alerts, most status only weapons work the same like a crit weapon... just 2-3 hits more sometimes..... and most crit based weapons over kill the enemies by ~10 times the damage needed ... there must be a reason why they let it look like level 80-100 is max and it should include effort...

People who were in the game before SotR will always remember the 1 hour T4 missions and lvl 100 will still be their norm 

Just now, SpeedOfLightPuncher said:

People who were in the game before SotR will always remember the 1 hour T4 missions and lvl 100 will still be their norm 

even if people remember this, want it back with rewards (because youc an still do it without rewards)... it wont change that DE Seems to want to change something... and until it is finished/announced.. well, i at least got nothing to argue about your comment. because i just would do a 2h Void mission if i wanted level 100+ enemies...even if the start is boring.

but if we would stay by the topic and belive that the multishot change is still a timely thing to be done (i dont think so honestly), it wouldnt really matter that much, expect that you had to reload more often. The enemies already started a while ago to drop a huge amount more ammunition then they did before and made most ammo plates worthles (except on a few weapons). i wouldnt even consider sniper ammo rare anymore these days.

32 minutes ago, SpeedOfLightPuncher said:

I remember wanting to slit my wrist while waiting for the clock to count to 120:00.

S#&$ was so boring I found it's more entertaining watching grass grow.

AkBronco Prime is effective with Status because of Status Mods, not because of Multi-Shot.
mfw people don't know how the game works but would like to instruct others as to how it should be run numerically.

and we can fully expect revisiting how Damage is managed in the game. hopefully this time we have the cool stuff we created, without bringing the problems set out to solve back into the game all over again like we did with v2.

1 hour ago, WaRsHooTer666 said:

i dont think so .. Things like Status Chance are more important than raw damage

I totally feel the same way. Like when I compare the Tigris prime and Sancti Tigris, I've read about some people preferring the sancti over the prime, but me, I 100% prefer the Prime over the sancti any day. 100% status chance is really good for end game.

If there will be any changes for Multishot, I hope that it will simply increase the projectiles fired for more status procs being possible, and would no longer raise damage. That way its all about more opportunities to proc a Status Effect on a target.

Then see tweaks to Status Chance mods (Rifle Aptitude, Shotgun Savvy, Sure Shot and Melee Prowess at least) and how multiple pellets/projectiles receive Status Chance. So that drain and boost are normalized across the mods (while also being made an Additive boost not multiplicative). And each pellet/projectile would have the same displayed Status Chance and not be split between them.

+30 base Status Chance for 9 drain seems a reasonable place to start for the mods. That way if a weapon fires two projectiles per ammo spent, then each could have say a 40% Status Chance for example, and no be split 20% / 20% between the two.

1 hour ago, Genoscythe said:

You know that weapon and enemy stats will be adapted to the changes, right? They won't just remove it and leave the rest of the game like it is now.

If you say so. I don't put it past DE to simply remove multishot and leave weapon and enemy stats intact. Why? Because there's a vocal minority here who always complain about enemies being too weak and players being too strong (someone's already said that here). And there's a chance that DE will listen to those people. So I honestly don't want DE to touch multishot.

2 minutes ago, Obviousclone said:

doesn't multishot ruin status shotgun to begin with because the status is divided evenly across the pellets?

depends on how close you are to the enemy. if you are close enough that at least 75% of the pellets hit, a 100% pellet increase is still a better status chance....after all each pellet has the same chance for status in the end.

but sure, if you shot on distance where only 1-2 pellet hits, you might just spread even more damage to the wall... but maybe the wall is a masochist and likes it.. we will never know..

Edited by DeFragMe

4 hours ago, taiiat said:

AkBronco Prime is effective with Status because of Status Mods, not because of Multi-Shot.
mfw people don't know how the game works but would like to instruct others as to how it should be run numerically.

and we can fully expect revisiting how Damage is managed in the game. hopefully this time we have the cool stuff we created, without bringing the problems set out to solve back into the game all over again like we did with v2.

its much more effective with multishot (and Status + dmg).. thats what i meant. i always get more procs.. So you shouldnt say that if you know how the game works

Edited by WaRsHooTer666