Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Vacuum Within: Hotfix 1

[DE]Rebecca

12 hours ago, DarkOvion said:

They could have given the 6M vacuum to everything else and left Carrier as-is, then everyone would likely be happy.

Please listen DE. This is not a competitive game, nothing was needed to have been changed for carrier.

Edited by Lone-Wanderer

2 hours ago, Cazzzz said:

Well, it could be that or 100% of it. As said by a few other players, this nerf to two sentinels is a buff to the other eight. 

Well, It could be that or 0%. See? This goes both ways and both ways it sounds $&*&*#(%&.

Also, there are 7 sentinels in total, not eight, and I'm fine with every one of them getting Vacuum, what I'm not fine with is the irrational and Inexplicable nerfs to the range.

Like, I mean is it inbalanced? Did it hurt anyone? No. When someone used sentinel in my mission it didn't have any negative side efects on my gameplay, but had many postives on his. It baffles me, how anyone would want to support or defend this harmless, positive thing being nerfed.

12 minutes ago, KaizergidorahXi said:

Just means you have to walk a tiny bit more. No big deal.

Not an argument.

16 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Fixes:

• Fixed a missing Platinum price on the Djinn Deluxe Bundle (Gazal Complete Collection).
  • Fixed gifting not working for the Djinn Deluxe Bundle (Gazal Complete Collection).
  • Fixed a crash that would occur when Ammo Case would trigger on a weapon with no ammo (Exalted Blade, etc). 

Forgot to fix the no healt or shield bug 

damit DE

I don't understand this, In my opinion this is a carrier buff Free ammo mods on weapons. Never used carrier before because picking thing up really isn't hard, using carrier now because free ammo mutation mods and carry. You really don't want to move to get your stuff complain about getting greedy pull un-nerfed.

10 hours ago, Grebnennar said:

I don't understand this, In my opinion this is a carrier buff Free ammo mods on weapons. Never used carrier before because picking thing up really isn't hard, using carrier now because free ammo mutation mods and carry. You really don't want to move to get your stuff complain about getting greedy pull un-nerfed.

If you never used carrier before you have no right to talk about it . You can't say something was good or bad without testing it first. So keep your uninformed opinion for yourself please . 

17 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Fixes:

• Fixed a missing Platinum price on the Djinn Deluxe Bundle (Gazal Complete Collection).
  • Fixed gifting not working for the Djinn Deluxe Bundle (Gazal Complete Collection).
  • Fixed a crash that would occur when Ammo Case would trigger on a weapon with no ammo (Exalted Blade, etc). 

we need weightsliders...

This is a welcome change. After 1.5 years of playing with nothing but my Carrier and Carrier Prime, I switched to my Smeeta Kavat just after Kavats came out. Never looked back. I realized that I'd been stuck to carrier for so long when I didn't NEED to be. My Kavat is a lot more fun and since I only use the Charm Precept on it, it gives me the buffs more often. Now, I can't play without my cat and I've learnt to move my azz a few extra meters to get my loot since that's all it really takes.

I'm so glad the days of standing in one place and farming are gone, the days of spamming one button to win are almost over and now the days of being forcefully stuck to one sentinel are also over. I've seen Warframe grow in these last 2 years that I've been playing and it's been a mostly positive experience and the devs have shown that they do listen to their community and want to craft a genuine game that everyone can enjoy. Sure, there have been a few things that I didn't agree with (Nitain, Exilus) but the devs have always been progressive and had an eye on the future and now this game is more refined and polished than ever before. Parkour 2.0 was my favorite addition/change to the game.

Thanks DE! Keep at it! Those who continue to enjoy this game and are grateful for your continued efforts are here to support you and back you on your decisions that benefit both of us in the long run! :)

EDIT: I just LOVE the new resource models and the fact that I can now turn my ship into my own version of Darvo's shop with resources littered around! The amount of love and skill of craft that has gone into the models really shows and I can't wait for more! I NEED that Nitain model to add to my ship so I can feel like I have atleast one, even when I have none. XD :D

Edited by Sci_Ant

oh look, here come all the new accounts that never had anything to say before swear they've been playing for ever and think we're all supposed to just shut up for them. 

I have used carrier almost exclusively the entire time I've played. I had no weapon on it. it was only ever for vacuum. Yet today, I played with my helios, got several scans done, while having all loot crates marked on hud, and picked up all the loot and all I had to do was move a little bit closer to the objects. I also didn't need to make a spoof account over and over to argue with people. 

The effects of Universal Pickup (lets call it that, its not vacuum now) on the games playability is negligible. I did not miss any loot at all on the map, any more than I would have before. De needs to stay to their design plan. 

17 hours ago, KaizergidorahXi said:

I'm actually fine with the range. I always used Carrier before just for convenience, but I really don't see the problem with walking around just a bit.

I know, right? We should be asking for MORE ways to make gameplay slower in a game that was designed around the idea of going fast. After all, it's not like 99% of the content available in this game is endless grinding, anyway, right? Slow down Warframe 2016! DE should get rid of the parkour and turn it into a cover-based shooter.

Be appreciative of what you guys asked for. Though i rather it be a passive vacuum for warframes rather than sentinels (reason being im always flying around in titania's archwing mode) i don't have an issue with it's range. Whether they buff it or not i could care less. I apperciate what thry are doing at the least though i only used carrier for limbo cause. As i said. You cant pick anything up in the rift. But with my vauban, ivara, loki, nezha, and titania. I didn't use the carrier's vacuum affect. So i walked over and picked things up regardless. Therefore where ever thus goes i will have no problem with it. But i eill admit seeing other people rage is funny to watch lol

DE, i've Always loved your content and your changes/nerfing/improving on warframes and weapon.

I totally understood the saryn "nerf", because just spoiled the game, and also i can understand lots of your changes.

This one is quite strange. Is not like make the game more challenging or funnier. Is picking up object.

In my opinion making a game better is not making it grindier or slower. The vacuum change is a bad move from you, DE, in my opinion,

and i say that because i love your contents and i dont want to see warframe full of frustated player.

Regards and thanks for everything :)

13 minutes ago, Sci_Ant said:

This is a welcome change. After 1.5 years of playing with nothing but my Carrier and Carrier Prime, I switched to my Smeeta Kavat just after Kavats came out. Never looked back. I realized that I'd been stuck to carrier for so long when I didn't NEED to be. My Kavat is a lot more fun and since I only use the Charm Precept on it, it gives me the buffs more often. Now, I can't play without my cat and I've learnt to move my azz a few extra meters to get my loot since that's all it really takes.

I'm so glad the days of standing in one place and farming are gone, the days of spamming one button to win are almost over and now the days of being forcefully stuck to one sentinel are also over. I've seen Warframe grow in these last 2 years that I've been playing and it's been a mostly positive experience and the devs have shown that they do listen to their community and want to craft a genuine game that everyone can enjoy. Sure, there have been a few things that I didn't agree with (Nitain, Exilus) but the devs have always been progressive and had an eye on the future and now this game is more refined and polished than ever before. Parkour 2.0 was my favorite addition/change to the game.

Thanks DE! Keep at it! Those who continue to enjoy this game and are grateful for your continued efforts are here to support you and back you on your decisions that benefit both of us in the long run! :)

Well said. I'm against the idea of camping in a spot plus i've always be on the move. Nice to see the positive players are makin a comeback with the negative players.

My account may say like 10 posts but i've been playing warframe like 6 months before frost prime came back out for a month as a Christmas special. I'm not the guy who post on game forums

Edited by BlueTunicLink
Missed something i should've added

4 minutes ago, Aebara said:

I know, right? We should be asking for MORE ways to make gameplay slower in a game that was designed around the idea of going fast. After all, it's not like 99% of the content available in this game is endless grinding, anyway, right? Slow down Warframe 2016! DE should get rid of the parkour and turn it into a cover-based shooter.

yes actually, we should do just that. 

You see, when they streamlined everything, made effects passive in maps, missions auto complete with nominal effort, give rewards for barely 5 minutes of gameplay, allow hyper fast run throughs on maps in which the player group doesn't even have to fire a shot to complete the mission they minimalize the quality, trivialize the content and cause the players to be bored by allowing us to complete everything, get everything far faster than is needed. 

Yes, it is true Warframe is a fast paced shooter. That does not mean its supposed to be played on your coffee break, or between classes. That grind you refer to is actually a part of the game. They do in fact need to slow down the game. make us work more, longer, give us rewards based on the amount of time we play, not how fast we do it. They need to make primes much harder to get, those primes are what people buy, those hard to get resources are what people buy, those things should indeed be harder to get for free. Am I encouraging a slower game? yes. Since you decided to be sarcastic about it.

22 minutes ago, Sci_Ant said:

Evidently it'll soon be only those "who continue to enjoy this game" considering the 35% drop in player numbers over the last six months. Hope those who stick around are willing to spend more to make up for the player shortfall.

5 minutes ago, Babellon said:

yes actually, we should do just that. 

You see, when they streamlined everything, made effects passive in maps, missions auto complete with nominal effort, give rewards for barely 5 minutes of gameplay, allow hyper fast run throughs on maps in which the player group doesn't even have to fire a shot to complete the mission they minimalize the quality, trivialize the content and cause the players to be bored by allowing us to complete everything, get everything far faster than is needed. 

Yes, it is true Warframe is a fast paced shooter. That does not mean its supposed to be played on your coffee break, or between classes. That grind you refer to is actually a part of the game. They do in fact need to slow down the game. make us work more, longer, give us rewards based on the amount of time we play, not how fast we do it. They need to make primes much harder to get, those primes are what people buy, those hard to get resources are what people buy, those things should indeed be harder to get for free. Am I encouraging a slower game? yes. Since you decided to be sarcastic about it.

Make primes harder to get..... So would you rather have void keys or void relics? Which is harder to get primes?

Imo void keys made primes easier when it came to getting duclets but on the other hand the relics made it easier to get the hard prime parts. But i wanna know what your thoughts are fellow tenno

That update is good and all... but... why destroying the godly sentinal, carrier. it was so good! was so good. From 12m to 6m, what the point in having carrier now?
its not that good of vacum, not even a carrier. I loved my flying little vacum, now, its kind of useless.

20 minutes ago, Sci_Ant said:

You weren't being forced to use carrier, you could've switched to it any time you wanted. So why did you stick with carrier for the past 1.5 years and now choose to switch to your smeeta kavats? Oh, let me explain because it was easily gathering resources for you even if items were glitched behind a wall or if they were in a platform above/below you and now that carrier was nerfed, it really has no purpose because all it has is it's survivability and it's para set now. Standing in one place and farming, what? You are choosing to do such things, you don't have to lol and you could be using other sentinels or kubrows or kavats anyways. Carrier does in no way affect a non-competitive game when all it does is simply pick up items from a distance and now that it's halved carrier has nothing.

23 minutes ago, BlueTunicLink said:

Well said. I'm against the idea of camping in a spot plus i've always be on the move. Nice to see the positive players are makin a comeback with the negative players.

My account may say like 10 posts but i've been playing warframe like 6 months before frost prime came back out for a month as a Christmas special. I'm not the guy who post on game forums

Thanks for your positive support of this game too! :)

Just now, BlueTunicLink said:

Make primes harder to get..... So would you rather have void keys or void relics? Which is harder to get primes?

Imo void keys made primes easier when it came to getting duclets but on the other hand the relics made it easier to get the hard prime parts. But i wanna know what your thoughts are fellow tenno

Personally I did think the keys were a chore, albeit a needed one. It kept a balance of effort versus reward. The current fissure system is a passive autocomplete mission variable that doesn't add challenge or even entertainment to the game, it just gives away primes far easier than they should be. Don't misunderstand I don't want the game to become monotonized and endlessly unrewarding. I do want the game to be stable and rewarding equal to the effort applied. That is why i dislike the fissures in their current form. 

Relics are easy to get, simply run any endless mission like before and you get them. Once gotten the primes are as good as gotten. I do think they need to put that trace in void runs as a farmable resource, and create some mission types that involve hunting relics, also in the void. I think everything involving fissures in fact should be in the void. Making that area relevant again. 

I also think they need to slow down game play. Increase mob counts, Balance out damage and mitigation on the part of mobs. Adjust scaling so we don't have to hit 100+ level mobs on any mission in order to feel a sting. We need to grind. farm. play for more than 5 minutes to get those rewards. Sure, if you speed run theres a base amount of credits or what not you get, ok. How ever that is not, should not be the design plan. Fast paced is not a catch phrase for instant gratification. How many threads have we seen complaining about boredom, no mobs, missions are empty, feel pointless, unchallenging. Thats because DE gives in to the hyper fast crowd, gives away far to much content for for to little effort applied. 

And yes, it is true that the minute they do that, this same crowd who wants that type of play will scream. How ever it will positively affect the game over all by giving longevity, challenge, and purpose to those missions.