Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Machete problem.

Askell91

lol, we get orthos prime, lesion and vaykor sydon and these have 1 stance (it's 2 stances, but one has 1 extra move over the other, and they have 1 combo) and I don't see people complain, iirc the machete stance has a lot of combos, and also iirc, DE said they're working on a machete stance or planning to 

preaching to the choir buddy, but at this point I honestly don't think DE even care about Machetes at this point. I would even spend Plat just to get a new Stance for my badass-looking Machete Wraith, but alas, there's nothing.

cute kitty though. and I think whoever gets DE to finally notice Machetes should be given a statue in their honour, cos it's been a long, long battle.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

I don't usually double post, but I have to ask, where did you hear this? I need to see it for myself.

in the latest devstream, they were talking about stances and stuff, and iirc, Geoff said that we could do a machete stance since it only has 1...like I said, I could be wrong, I'm just remembering, you could watch it if you want 

36 minutes ago, GinKenshin said:

lol, we get orthos prime, lesion and vaykor sydon and these have 1 stance (it's 2 stances, but one has 1 extra move over the other, and they have 1 combo) and I don't see people complain, iirc the machete stance has a lot of combos, and also iirc, DE said they're working on a machete stance or planning to 

It's not about the number of stances, it's about the effectiveness of stances. I'm all for just 1 stance for Machetes, but what we have is terrible. And the weapon stats don't help either. And since you're bringing up other categories; Dakra prime has better stats than the latest Machete -and we have Broken War which is even stronger. Here's some advantages the weapons you put up have, beyond numerical values; Orthos has a dope reach, Lesion can self-boost damage when procing Status, Sydon can Blind enemies, they all have huge arcs in attacks and they are all pretty darn fast.

Keep the number of stances low, just give us good ones.

1 minute ago, Lyravain said:

It's not about the number of stances, it's about the effectiveness of stances. I'm all for just 1 stance for Machetes, but what we have is terrible. And the weapon stats don't help either. And since you're bringing up other categories; Dakra prime has better stats than the latest Machete -and we have Broken War which is even stronger. Here's some advantages the weapons you put up have, beyond numerical values; Orthos has a dope reach, Lesion can self-boost damage when procing Status, Sydon can Blind enemies, they all have huge arcs in attacks and they are all pretty darn fast.

Keep the number of stances low, just give us good ones.

and you really think 2 similar, 1 combo stances are that good? I'll keep numbers away but do you really think these are good? they're even hard to pull off. personally, these aren't effective at all, since I don't even use the 1 combo that they have. a new stance is definitely needed, I agree....DE just keeps burring themselves into the 'I can do it eventually' hole >.> 

also you went into the 'it's useless since there're stronger weapons' talk. gazal does have a unique mechanic, but it's just too complicated for DE to see. it counts on the sentinels to survive, if the sentinel dies then the mechanic is gone, if they buff sentinel survivability almost all the pets would be obsolete since survivability is like the only thing they have over sentinels.....if DE is really going for sentinel 2.0 or something then they have serious strings to untangle  

1 hour ago, GinKenshin said:

But I complain all the time at how boring Polearm stances are, and why on earth am I swinging a pitchfork instead of stabbing with it? I don't use such weapons because the stances ruin them. I like Stances like Blind Justice, Final Harbinger, Atlantic Vulcan, Crushing Ruin and so on with multiple fun easy to do combos. I rarely use Dual Swords, Polearms, Machete, and Daggers because they don't have fun or even fully complete Stances or have annoying to do combos. (and because daggers and machetes have terrible stats). 

2 hours ago, GinKenshin said:

It's because pole arms have the damage or range to go with it.

Like orthos has a 23m reach with p reach so thats like a shotgun, it's amazing.

Lesion is meh

Vaykor sydon has crazy high damage

What does machete have? Low range, meh damage (It's 1/3rd the damage of galatine p. ONE THIRD!), and "I gotta cut dem long grass" animation

I mean, I know you mentioned that "it's useless cause there's stronger weapons" argument but... i mean... it's true isn't it. There are weapons that has longer reach, more damage, and attacks faster (Orthos Prime). With that, I already lost all motivation to use the new machete other than for MR fodder because it loses on all fronts.

It's like trying to take on a galactic space laser cannon with a toothpick

Edited by Noobverest

4 hours ago, Noobverest said:

It's because pole arms have the damage or range to go with it.

Like orthos has a 23m reach with p reach so thats like a shotgun, it's amazing.

Lesion is meh

Vaykor sydon has crazy high damage

What does machete have? Low range, meh damage (It's 1/3rd the damage of galatine p. ONE THIRD!), and "I gotta cut dem long grass" animation

I mean, I know you mentioned that "it's useless cause there's stronger weapons" argument but... i mean... it's true isn't it. There are weapons that has longer reach, more damage, and attacks faster (Orthos Prime). With that, I already lost all motivation to use the new machete other than for MR fodder because it loses on all fronts.

It's like trying to take on a galactic space laser cannon with a toothpick

I'm talking about stances, which is also the topic of this thread, but like I said, both the community and DE doesn't care about stances as much as the weapon's stats, which, to me anyway, is completely wrong, I rather have a mid-stat weapon with a badass stance that has good combos than a OP super-duper-1-hit-clear weapon with 1 stance that has 1 combo 

also, people are just killing their experience if they keep thinking 'no, this is the best, so I'll use it/get it' and I don't give 2 cares about it. thankfully, almost every weapon I like has decent stats to go with it or received buffs/stronger versions, I guess I'm lucky :D  

7 hours ago, GinKenshin said:

and you really think 2 similar, 1 combo stances are that good? I'll keep numbers away but do you really think these are good? they're even hard to pull off. personally, these aren't effective at all, since I don't even use the 1 combo that they have. a new stance is definitely needed, I agree....DE just keeps burring themselves into the 'I can do it eventually' hole >.> 

also you went into the 'it's useless since there're stronger weapons' talk. gazal does have a unique mechanic, but it's just too complicated for DE to see. it counts on the sentinels to survive, if the sentinel dies then the mechanic is gone, if they buff sentinel survivability almost all the pets would be obsolete since survivability is like the only thing they have over sentinels.....if DE is really going for sentinel 2.0 or something then they have serious strings to untangle  

No, I think that 1 stance that is complete trash is less about having ONE stance and more about having a stance that's complete trash. Would I like some variation in the stances? Sure, but I'd mostly be interested in getting good stances, over getting many stances.

You started with other categories, don't accuse others when they bring it up. Gazal's 'unique mechanic' is terrible in that, when have you last seen a Djinn survive more than a minute? We don't need sentinel 2.0, really. We need some work on the kubrows and kavats and a rework in damage.

9 hours ago, Askell91 said:

There is only one. Stance. Make a good one what worth to use... or just stop making machete weapons. No one gonna use them.

8 hours ago, Sixty5 said:

Sundering weave is probably the worst stance in the game.

Until DE add in better combos to it, or make a new stance for Machetes they will be trash tier

17 minutes ago, Lyravain said:

No, I think that 1 stance that is complete trash is less about having ONE stance and more about having a stance that's complete trash. Would I like some variation in the stances? Sure, but I'd mostly be interested in getting good stances, over getting many stances.

Oh but we have a good Machete stance: Rending Wind

Spoiler

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/warframe/images/6/6b/RendingWindMod.png/revision/latest?cb=20160709141045

Now we just need to convince DE to allow it's use everywhere instead of being limited to a single gamemode.

Edited by Nazrethim

9 hours ago, Askell91 said:

There is only one. Stance. Make a good one what worth to use... or just stop making machete weapons. No one gonna use them.

PLS DE. :'( fLOVh4M.gif

Oh. My. God. That gif makes me want you to have whatever you want. I don't care, take it. take everything i have. Buff machetes. Buff that kitty.

Yeah, absolutely agreed with topicstarter. Some people mentioned, that Gazal is bad - its not, actually its decent weapon, passive makes it good (there other issues, your Djinn CANT SURVIVE to actively give you that passive). I even can tolerate low stats on Machete Wraith, but not that freaking Sundering Weave stance. Clunky. Ugly. Low multipliers. Hard to pull combos (except RMB one, that is uncontrollable and clunky). Quick melee is buggy, just one hit from standart EEEEE mash combo. Absolutely WORTST stance in game.

How the Polearm stance(s) is great while the Machete is not-

While both give extra points to add to your build.
 Polearm are fantastic for Quick Melee, Slide and Slam attacks.
  Machete is poop all around there.
 Polearms are still great for 'melee only' because you can equip your Scanner and ignore the stances enteirly and use ti for what it does best those fantastic Quick Melee, Slide and Slam Attacks.
  Equipped melee with a Machete still sucks regardless if you try to use the combos or the Scanner/Quick melee option, doesn't matter, still bad.

Machete has one thing going for it over the Polearms and that has nothing to do with the stance, a Faster Finisher animation.

So with Polearms we have a weapon that works wonderfully well and the stance doesn't really matter outside of personal preference on if someone actually wants to even make use of either of them.
And the Machete's one and only stance blows and certainly does a pretty weak weapon no favors at all.

IF it had some smooth moves that'd be different, but for now with what we have this is not the case.

Letting them use the pvp stance would be really nice, just dumping the weapon type and rolling them over to single swords would work too.

Gazal looks great, so I would love to see it get something nice to help it have both Style and Substance.

Cheers
~R~