Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Ash Blade Storm {Explained}

rebecca used it in dev stream, and scott explains

how this works currently,  as shown in dev stream

• mark enemies in LOS & drain enegry per mark : requires hold of 4th button (mark apears above them) 
  • if enemy slain with mark on them, you are refunded energy cost
  • enemies can be multiple marked 
  • marking is LOS , but attack is not, ash will teleport to marked targets with attack animations
  • in theory you have the capability to go beyond the normal amount of affected enemies.
  • will get a damage buff due to the LOS 1st part 

Mechaniiccs Suggestionper community feedback

• instead of HOLD , make 4th a TOGGLE on/off power type
  • PC:  hold will hinder movment and other action buttons
  • Consoles: holding would be problematic on controllers due to having to use other buttons and hand fatigue 
Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako
add in suggetion per users

Personally it doesn't done like it fixes much to me. Sure you have a little more input on who you hit, but people will just hold the button down and sweep over every enemy they can. Then you will have the same thing we have currently. I play ash almost exclusively and I detest bladestorm builds. This wip just doesn't feel right from whay i saw of it. 

Ash was the first warframe with a built in weapon on him. If anything he deserved a stance ability far more than Excalibur. 

It's a good start, but I really don't like that we have to hold the button to mark stuff. That's one finger I could be using to help gun down enemies and maneuver around.

Still, I'm glad I still get to see the cinematic kills for my Ash and having the shadow clones stay.

Just now, Xaentrick said:

Personally it doesn't done like it fixes much to me. Sure you have a little more input on who you hit, but people will just hold the button down and sweep over every enemy they can. Then you will have the same thing we have currently. I play ash almost exclusively and I detest bladestorm builds. This wip just doesn't feel right from whay i saw of it. 

Ash was the first warframe with a built in weapon on him. If anything he deserved a stance ability far more than Excalibur. 

exaclty 

The new Blade Storm looks like it borrows from my idea from a while back. I'm so happy it isn't another exalted stance clone. They kept the original feel of it, but made it more controllable. Don't forget, Scott said Blade Storm is getting a damage buff as well most likely.

Rebecca should tried using more heavy duty enemies that 'shoot often', then try marking when there are over 20 enemies surrounding you shooting at you... and see how she is going to survive.

The marking will be fun with slow shooting or low level enemies... when things get intense, I'll see if anyone still like marking to BS.

Edited by kyori

12 minutes ago, kyori said:

Rebecca should tried using more heavy duty enemies that 'shoot often', then try marking when there are over 20 enemies surrounding you shooting at you... and see how she is going to survive.

The marking will be fun with slow shooting or low level enemies... when things get intense, I'll see if anyone still like marking to BS.

should be a press 4 toggle on , deactivate attack all 

18 minutes ago, Xaentrick said:

Thats the point of it, you are supposed to take it and sweep it over as many as you can. I dont undserstand whats so bad about bladestorm? 

so 4 only mark the enemy? hey i can just use the tag button instead

by the time you finish tagging the enemy, you already got 1shot to death in high lvl, in dev stream they have to rely on invi while marking enemy

- you have to run around and target/mark them by holding down 4 while aiming at the enemy

- release the 4 will start the bladestorm, if the enemies dont kill you first

*might as well running around and hold down fire button aiming at enemy, then make your life simple and dont bother w/ this awkward "hey you enemy, i am jsut tagging you please dont kill me yet)

*another frame to the fodder

Edited by g4yb4ll

2 minutes ago, g4yb4ll said:

so 4 only mark the enemy? hey i can just use the tag button instead

No. It goes like this:

- Holding 4 will cause Ash to mark all enemies in sight.

- The number of enemies marked is determined by how much energy you have, so you can potentially exceed the 16 enemy limit it currently has. 

- You can mark an enemy multiple times.

- If someone kills your marked enemies, you are refunded the energy you spent.

- Letting go of 4 will cause Ash to teleport to the enemies and perform his stylish executions once. Enemies that survive Ash's single attack will be attacked by his clones, leaving Ash free to shoot, run, revive someone, or ETC.

Damage is being buffed to compensate the LoS.

14 minutes ago, EmptyDevil said:

No. It goes like this:

- Holding 4 will cause Ash to mark all enemies in sight.

- The number of enemies marked is determined by how much energy you have, so you can potentially exceed the 16 enemy limit it currently has. 

- You can mark an enemy multiple times.

- If someone kills your marked enemies, you are refunded the energy you spent.

- Letting go of 4 will cause Ash to teleport to the enemies and perform his stylish executions once. Enemies that survive Ash's single attack will be attacked by his clones, leaving Ash free to shoot, run, revive someone, or ETC.

Damage is being buffed to compensate the LoS.

correct 

Hold your ult button seems bad considering your also gonna need to be pressing your movement keys and possibly firing keys would be better as a toggle, toggle on marks enemies until you reach your energy cap or toggle off and active the bladestorm  

5 hours ago, kyori said:

6 hours ago, CrudShuzKong said:

this fixes som any issues i have with ash, looks really promising.

only part i dont like is that it will still outperform all his other skills by a lot while not synergizing with them much...

I know this was posted 5 hours ago but:

This was why she was using smoke screen. She kept saying "Oh let me get my smoke screen up first" before she did the new WIP Bladestorm. So there actually is a bit of synergy, and this also stops enemies from gunning you down while you're targeting them.

As for outperforming his other skills, I'm sure they'll be looking at his whole kit and not just bladestorm.

Holding down 4 and mark enemies? Which finger are you going to use? the thumb is the only free one but it is also used to jump.

So they are forcing people to use smoke screen in order to safely use bladestorm? That is... (no word can describe) lol... Able to toggle is a better way. Some say hold some say toggle, what exactly did DE said that made people confused whether is it hold or toggle?

So what is wrong with present bladestorm that it needs to be changed into the tag version?

13 minutes ago, kyori said:

Holding down 4 and mark enemies? Which finger are you going to use? the thumb is the only free one but it is also used to jump.

So they are forcing people to use smoke screen in order to safely use bladestorm? That is... (no word can describe) lol... Able to toggle is a better way. Some say hold some say toggle, what exactly did DE said that made people confused whether is it hold or toggle?

So what is wrong with present bladestorm that it needs to be changed into the tag version?

They aren't "forcing" anyone to do anything. The devs stated that you can do literally everything else you want to do while also painting enemies for your ult. Smokescreen is just another option for you to use to keep yourself safe. Or you can be a ninja and dodge around while targeting. Or even attack while targeting.

You also need to remember the disclaimer they stated right before they began: It was a WORK IN PROGRESS. things will change, and I'm sure they showed it to gain player input. More than likely, they'll switch it to toggle since 99% of the constructive criticism toward the new ult is leaning that way.