Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Ash Blade Storm {Explained}

6 hours ago, mikey619 said:

Pressing key '4' should be a toggle that lets us use key 'e' to BladeStorm. Trying to parkour and pressing key '4' doesn't seem natural and I feel it will be uncomfortable to use. . 

I like to bullet jump straight up, aim glide, and then hit bladestorm...Death from above lol. Yea, it can be hard to do parkour and try to hit a power attack that requires aiming. How ever I think that's where choice comes into play personally. If I'm parkouring around the room I'm probably using weapons and not powers so much, or I'm repositioning. It does look promising though doesn't it?

That gameplay video is painful to watch, they really really want to nerf ash into the ground it seems.   Who is going to want to $&*^ around marking enemies that will be slaughtered by you group before you enter blade or solo you will probably die between spamming smokescreen?

I hope it's going to be a toggle, and put you in a state where:

Shuriken gets more range and  multishot

Smoke Bomb gets more duration and spreads effects to allies

Teleport gets more range and more finisher damage

Bladestorm works as shown

See, so you can keep the state on, and then use stuff as normal, but gain buffs to abilities and use the finishers when you want,

3 hours ago, SoulEchelon said:

As for outperforming his other skills, I'm sure they'll be looking at his whole kit and not just bladestorm.

They stated multiple times that Ash only gets a reworked bladestorm, not full rework, but one can hope. Also during the targeting your warframe stays fully funtional so you can do things like melee block to stay alive too. The really big beef i have with synergy between the skills is that if you mod for BS then Smokescreen gets gimped and vice versa (and since BS is by far the stronger one most people will just go for it and spam it again, bridging the targeting time with something else).

2 hours ago, Kyronz said:

That gameplay video is painful to watch, they really really want to nerf ash into the ground it seems.   Who is going to want to $&*^ around marking enemies that will be slaughtered by you group before you enter blade or solo you will probably die between spamming smokescreen?

No and no. Ash remains fully functional during targeting, you can do whatever you want to stay alive (just because rebecca isnt that good at it yet since she hasnt had much time to try it doesnt make it bad). The only thing that gets nerfed are players that stay inide bladestorm for the whole duration of a mission, which is a good thing since that was by far the most broken thing in the game.

The only thing i really hope they change is that i dont have to keep "4" pressed while marking, because i dont want to write a makro that does that for me so i can continue playing without getting cramps in my pointer finger... Toggle on for marking mode, toggle off to kill. Easy, straightforward and in line with other ability designs.

Looks promising, the only thing I'm worried about is having to hold 4, as I don't think it'll be possible unless I grow a couple of additional fingers in my left hand in the mean time. 

As many already said, toggle ability is the solution, though a Nekros like one, which drains only when I apply the marks, not all the time. 

9 hours ago, siralextraffo said:

Looks promising, the only thing I'm worried about is having to hold 4, as I don't think it'll be possible unless I grow a couple of additional fingers in my left hand in the mean time. 

As many already said, toggle ability is the solution, though a Nekros like one, which drains only when I apply the marks, not all the time. 

well so far Much of the community feed back is pleading to make that a toggle on/of 

21 hours ago, CrudShuzKong said:

this fixes som any issues i have with ash, looks really promising.

only part i dont like is that it will still outperform all his other skills by a lot while not synergizing with them much...

use teleport to get a better vantage point, smoke screen to tun enemies and have some quiet time.  hit 4 and murder. 

23 hours ago, mikey619 said:

Pressing key '4' should be a toggle that lets us use key 'e' to BladeStorm. Trying to parkour and pressing key '4' doesn't seem natural and I feel it will be uncomfortable to use. . 

I know not everyone has a set up like me, but all my abilities are on my mouse, 4 is right click of scroll wheel for me, and the suggested DE version of SB is perfect for that.

1 hour ago, RoboticApplesWithLasers said:

use teleport to get a better vantage point, smoke screen to tun enemies and have some quiet time.  hit 4 and murder. 

Yeah being vulnerable while marking makes the frame a lot less braindead and spammy, so at least smoke will be used more to stay protected. But I'm 100% sure that most random players will still play with maximum strength build and you'll have to res them every 30 seconds because they refuse to do anything but bladestorming... (Not to mention their collective butthurt on the forums after the patch how Asch is now unplayable).

Edited by CrudShuzKong

4 minutes ago, arm4geddon-117 said:

New Bladestorm : press 2 for invisibility, press 4 and do a 360 multiple times in all safety, press 4 again ...yeah this is going to really fix trashstorm ( rotfl so not )

At least allied Ash players now spend some time not making enemies invincible. Also braindead spamming now gets you killed so no more makro-afk-players.

Can I just point out yet again, what you/we watched in that video was a Devbuild Wip, incomplete. What they did was demonstrate the idea not show us the finished product. They basicly showed us proof of concept nothing more. So, again, we're all responding to only partial knowledge of the end product. Its like reading 4 words out of this paragraph and then having an opinion about what you think i'm going to say next.

Just now, Babellon said:

Can I just point out yet again, what you/we watched in that video was a Devbuild Wip, incomplete. What they did was demonstrate the idea not show us the finished product. They basicly showed us proof of concept nothing more. So, again, we're all responding to only partial knowledge of the end product. Its like reading 4 words out of this paragraph and then having an opinion about what you think i'm going to say next.

yep, mainly constructive feedback

ive seen some "oh ash is nerf'd" here and there but overal its been positive

the only issue people ahve is the hold function and as one already suggested 

2 hours ago, RoboticApplesWithLasers said:

use teleport to get a better vantage point, smoke screen to stun enemies and have some quiet time.  hit 4 and murder. 

8 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

yep, mainly constructive feedback

ive seen some "oh ash is nerf'd" here and there but overal its been positive

the only issue people ahve is the hold function and as one already suggested 

granted. I just can't help but respond a little bit, people tend to get carried away with conjecture on things when it comes to this game and what we all feel is the "right" direction. I'm just wanting to curb the assumption a bit. We might all find that what we saw in the stream got scrapped all together a week from now and maybe we can encourage some more well rounded input besides " I think it sucks". 

I am concerned as well that the 'aim' element of it will delay combat, or put ash in a vulnerable position while using it and I wouldn't want to overcomplicate the use of the power with unnecessary button mashing, (like those old school fighter games xxyyxxupdownupdownleftleftright)...lol. Button spam is very tiresome. Button smashing isn't fun game play. So I'm not just all in or anything, At the same time we shouldn't go to over board on what we think might happen next.

Personally I need a little more to go on to really give any input in any direction, I can only voice my concerns along with the rest of you and encourage everyone to stay calm and wait to see.

Edited by Babellon