Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Deluxe Skins: 6 in development [embers!]

17 hours ago, Hesyol said:

A bit sad it's not this:

Hide contents

V2-6GxUCwqdM39upIUjgTSJn395fHHGnWvxk0G4Z

But still looks cool

Looks like oberon, not frost.

The whole armored thing really makes sense to me because he was marketed as a high armor frame when he came out (perhaps at least to me)... despite the trench coat-y  appearance.

I'm just really hoping that they would execute the concept well vs just pad the original model... like they did on Saryn... and banshee and perhaps others.

Can't please everyone....

I will pay any amount for that Frost skin. Even though he has Atlases Head ( no idea why lol). Also the Horns are meant to be viking i think but still look terrible for him.

But i still love it and will pay any amount for it. Because i cannot stand his current ugly look with silly looking legs.

Normal Oberon  < Deluxe all the way.

Really hoping they change his head to more of a frost knight look.

Edited by (PS4)Mofojokers

11 hours ago, EmptyDevil said:

1byzw4.jpg

rofl 

11 hours ago, White-Gin said:

gDVfNrs.jpg?1

Come on, he totally took the head band from this... I knew it that it would suit Ash as a deluxe part, just knew it.
At least it's gonna be added.

well i think they review some of the community designs at one point 

and its not like a long headband has been in ninja themed costumes for decades or anyhting  

but i know that feeling when the design hits a bit to close to home : ( 

Image result for ninja headband

Image result for ninja

9 hours ago, WEREsandrock said:

Hm... I was about to go "Hey- it's just my opinion".. but actually you're right.

The problem I have with the frost deluxe skin is that it looks more like an armor... but that also applies to Proto excalibur.

I still don't like it.- the only thing I remotely like is the head. The muscles seem totally off. - imo.

As someone who read and drew comics as a kid, I think the stylised muscles are kinda cool. I suppose if the "pilot" is a 12yo Tenno, they would customise their warframes to be more "fantastical".

also I think the frost neck is kinda clever, it's obviously playing on his coat theme, the collar is just turned up but it also looks like a stylised beard. A definite purchase for me, providing the actual 3D model does the design justice.

I love how the frost skin mixes plate armor, a wizard robe, ice giant horns, and Deus Ex: Human Revolution synthetic muscles.

It's a weird combination but it totally works.

I also love how the new chroma is directly influenced by ancient Chinese art. I have been studying the Chinese dynasties lately in my east asian history class, and the aesthetic is just spot on. I think I want that one the most. I love me some Chinese related things.

2 hours ago, SanguineSavant said:

I think norse when I look at Frost's skin. The unarmored Chroma skin makes me think more of Atlas.

yea thee cchromas head looks more atlas like

but in all honesty whats worng with that, i eman they are all designed by DE

and in lore the children were all stuck aboard a ship, and each origional frame was crafted to a specific child, so from this there could be plenty of sibling relations 

(yet to be created) 

On 10/7/2016 at 8:07 PM, Shichibukai88 said:

Zephyr doesnt need a skin she needs a rework and be useful first.

Is that an attempt at humour?

Zephyr is fantastic when played right. 

As I said in another thread, there are no bad frames, only bad players.

1 hour ago, Ailissa said:

Is that an attempt at humour?

Zephyr is fantastic when played right. 

As I said in another thread, there are no bad frames, only bad players.

Doesnt make her a great frame. Still other frames that can do what she does much better. Needs a rework. And i am by no means a bad player. Just like hydroid needs a rework. Some frames are just not up to date anymore <.<

Just now, Shichibukai88 said:

Doesnt make her a great frame. Still other frames that can do what she does much better. Needs a rework. And i am by no means a bad player. Just like hydroid needs a rework. Some frames are just not up to date anymore <.<

I'll agree with that.

There are frames that can do what she does far better but I do like her playstyle.

I've only recently built Hydroid and still in the process of leveling so can't really comment on him, I haven't had enough time with him yet.

27 minutes ago, Shichibukai88 said:

24 minutes ago, Ailissa said:

I'll agree with that.

There are frames that can do what she does far better but I do like her playstyle.

I've only recently built Hydroid and still in the process of leveling so can't really comment on him, I haven't had enough time with him yet.

but then you could say nyx falls there as well

chaos is her big "thing" 

absorb is useful in soemhting like my aeigis build usiing the augment 

but 1 is ...meh in terms of use, and 2 ....

2 collects dust 

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

41 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

but then you could say nyx falls there as well

chaos is her big "thing" 

absorb is useful in soemhting like my aeigis build usiing the augment 

but 1 is ...meh in terms of use, and 2 ....

2 collects dust 

I'll go out on a limb and say Nyx is probably the absolute most powerful and useful frame in game. Yes Mind Control needs new AI, yes Psychic Bolts is a weak and redundant ability. However, chaos and absorb alone, combined with the flexibility of how she can be modded allow her to solo ANYTHING in game. Literally, there is no enemy or mission she cannot handle by herself. This comes from the fact that absorb is an emergency button that allows you to regen shield, prevent damage, you can drop a hell pad and heal, and has infinitely scaling damage.

With how she can be modded you can run a full fleeting, no streamline and no flow mod, run vitality, redirection AND vigor, while also running max range with stretch, overextended and cunning drift. She can CC a whole map permanently with little to no cost and have full defenses and one of the best "oh sh*t," buttons in game. Nyx is a goddamn powerhouse. If her first two ability get the fixes/replacements they need, and she gets a passive that actually helps her instead of being pointless, you will see the rise of the best frame in the entire game.

As far as Loki's Irradiating Disarm it is not as good as chaos for a few reasons, one it costs more, two it removes a valuable slot, three you need that energy to remain invisible and the duration penalty from maxing out efficiency also has severe negative effects on invisibility and keeping it up. Which is paramount to Loki's survival having the second lowest defensive stats in game. Loki is a great frame and a well used Irradiating Disarm is good, but a Loki combined with a Nyx or Vauban is better than just a Loki.

1 hour ago, Shichibukai88 said:

Zephyr needs tweaks, yes, but not a rework. She has a decent CC ability as is one of the best tanks in game. She has the highest combined health and shield pool along with the ability to ENTIRELY negate ranged attacks for the duration of turbulence, and sure it doesn't do much for melee attacks, but you can just hold down the S button to avoid those anyways.

Her issue is that dive bomb is not an effective ability, and offers little to nothing and that tail wind is 100% utility and doesn't help in a combat focused game. Both could be fixed with minor tweaks.

Tornado is decent, it does offer pretty okay CC, people just hate it because it flings items around the room. It's great when you don't have a CC focused frame in your team like a Vauban, or a Nyx. It compliments lower quality CC abilities pretty well like M-Prime, Pull/Magnetize etc. It also is good at defense stripping if it is corrosive or magnetic.

Edited by silkygoodness

8 minutes ago, silkygoodness said:

I'll go out on a limb and say Nyx is probably the absolute most powerful and useful frame in game. Yes Mind Control needs new AI, yes Psychic Bolts is a weak and redundant ability. However, chaos and absorb alone, combined with the flexibility of how she can be modded allow her to solo ANYTHING in game. Literally, there is no enemy or mission she cannot handle by herself. This comes from the fact that absorb is an emergency button that allows you to regen shield, prevent damage, you can drop a hell pad and heal, and has infinitely scaling damage.

With how she can be modded you can run a full fleeting, no streamline and no flow mod, run vitality, redirection AND vigor, while also running max range with stretch, overextended and cunning drift. She can CC a whole map permanently with little to no cost and have full defenses and one of the best "oh sh*t," buttons in game. Nyx is a goddamn powerhouse. Of her first two ability get the fixes/replacements they need, and she gets a passive that actually helps her instead of being pointless, you will see the rise of the best frame in the entire game.

As far as Loki's Irradiating Disarm it is not as good as chaos for a few reasons, one it costs more, two it removes a valuable slot, three you need that energy to remain invisible and the duration penalty from maxing out efficiency also has severe negative effects on invisibility and keeping it up. Which is paramount to Loki's survival having the second lowest defensive stats in game. Loki is a great frame and a well used Irradiating Disarm is good, but a Loki combined with a Nyx or Vauban is better than just a Loki.

Zephyr needs tweaks, yes, but not a rework. She has a decent CC ability as is one of the best tanks in game. She has the highest combined health and shield pool along with the ability to ENTIRELY negate ranged attacks for the duration of turbulence, and sure it doesn't do much for melee attacks, but you can just hold down the S button to avoid those anyways.

Her issue is that dive bomb is not an effective ability, and offers little to nothing and that tail wind is 100% utility and doesn't help in a combat focused game. Both could be fixed with minor tweaks.

Tornado is decent, it does offer pretty okay CC, people just hate it because it flings items around the room. It's great when you don't have a CC focused frame in your team like a Vauban, or a Nyx. It compliments lower quality CC abilities pretty well like M-Prime, Pull/Magnetize etc. It also is good at defense stripping if it is corrosive or magnetic.

exactly my point

nyz is powerful even relying origional on 3, and now 4 , she is a very strong frame in her passive and ability to cause CC and slaughter

zephyr is similiar 

1 is good for quick escapes , 2 is situational, 3 is nothing can touch me +mobility or other bullet jump and you can just hover with passive and are now  immune to melee and projectiles . now tonkor or any other op primary can airstrike enemies in safty 

4th is tricky, with funnel clouds + blast you can CC kill enemies (enemies are cc'd and cant move then game auto deletes them ) , normal tornados can do this as well, but due the pickup and number count makes this harder to acomplish (vauban can do this also with vortex ) 

either way its in how you tactically apply mods and setup for the kill 

zephyr just needs more synergy or mechanics added , not removal , but more dynamics added

nyx 1 &2 need touchups

hydroid is strong, but again more of needing mechanics tweaked or added to current capabilities to bring inline with the newer powers