Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What would you say if DE put... Arcanes in Sorties?

_Rue_

21 hours ago, mikami666134 said:

I think you misinterpreted my statements.

I know what the warframe raid schoolbus is and that is also the proof of how bad 'raiding' in warframe is. Get my point?

Doing trial missions require the players to bring a specific set of frames and the general playstyle that we did while raiding is not enjoyable at all. it's like playing an idle game (as someone from another thread said). Warframe is not (at least that's not what DE meant it to be; judging by previous updates) an idler.

How so? The only part of raids I would consider idle are the locked door from LoR and the Decryption from JV

A lot of people have provided ascent toward the idea and some even provided added insight as mentioned by dawn above. Here are some key points before you comment:

1) Raids are too tedious, spammy, and needy. Specific frames are required to use CC to control whole maps. On top of the skill and weapon/damage thresholds there are also frame requirements. All these contribute to a very pregame experience that already deters players. The mind numbing tedium of the raid play itself, repetitive and too puzzle-y, too far removed from the action hack n' slash people love Warframe then further adds to the attrition. Only ones left are (mostly) the ones who need certain arcanes or the ones who make arcanes their main source of income. The others who do not care about the arcanes are left to devise their own "excitements" thriving on self proclaimed and highly-localized "best time" achievements.

2) Players have to resort to external means to get raid teams, one of which is the "Raid School Bus." Some people laud the raids for creating interest and communities outside of the game, and others lament the fact that a raid requires external crutches to function correctly. Others point to clans and alliances solely for raids.(I think that not everyone joins a clan or alliance for such utilitarian reasons.)

3) The sorties are okay, but lack incentive aside from the endo that certain individuals enjoy. Lenses, and Nezha, among others are groan-inducing rewards that people wish to remove and place elsewhere to make the sortie rewards more enticing.

4) Sortie arcanes are hoped to be either common/uncommon arcanes or a whole new set of arcanes that will hopefully NOT dilute reward tables further.

5) Arcanes were pointed out as items that have little to no impact on the usual Warframe gameplay. People propose a redo/rework to make these more relevant. (the arcane revive comes to mind especially after the revive rework).

Thanks for all the support. I sincerely hope that this makes this game better. For now I have bought a "new" 3DS to play Pokemon while I wait for things to... improve.

2 hours ago, _Rue_ said:

A lot of people have provided ascent toward the idea and some even provided added insight as mentioned by dawn above. Here are some key points before you comment:

1) Raids are too tedious, spammy, and needy. Specific frames are required to use CC to control whole maps. On top of the skill and weapon/damage thresholds there are also frame requirements. All these contribute to a very pregame experience that already deters players. The mind numbing tedium of the raid play itself, repetitive and too puzzle-y, too far removed from the action hack n' slash people love Warframe then further adds to the attrition. Only ones left are (mostly) the ones who need certain arcanes or the ones who make arcanes their main source of income. The others who do not care about the arcanes are left to devise their own "excitements" thriving on self proclaimed and highly-localized "best time" achievements.

2) Players have to resort to external means to get raid teams, one of which is the "Raid School Bus." Some people laud the raids for creating interest and communities outside of the game, and others lament the fact that a raid requires external crutches to function correctly. Others point to clans and alliances solely for raids.(I think that not everyone joins a clan or alliance for such utilitarian reasons.)

3) The sorties are okay, but lack incentive aside from the endo that certain individuals enjoy. Lenses, and Nezha, among others are groan-inducing rewards that people wish to remove and place elsewhere to make the sortie rewards more enticing.

4) Sortie arcanes are hoped to be either common/uncommon arcanes or a whole new set of arcanes that will hopefully NOT dilute reward tables further.

5) Arcanes were pointed out as items that have little to no impact on the usual Warframe gameplay. People propose a redo/rework to make these more relevant. (the arcane revive comes to mind especially after the revive rework).

Thanks for all the support. I sincerely hope that this makes this game better. For now I have bought a "new" 3DS to play Pokemon while I wait for things to... improve.

Ehh not really you can run the raids with any frames as long as you know what you are doing like I've just run jordas with 2 valkyrs using warcry only, inaros, and 2 equinoxes. It works fine.

3 minutes ago, Kalizy said:

would make Raids completely pointless and only waste gigabytes worth of work

You could still do sorties and raids since you can only get the rewards once per day with each (well every 12 hours with a raid and 24 hours with a sortie)

Edited by TermiteFrame

I would love to see arcanes available for sorties.  I like the idea of trials but can't ever find a group for one so plat is my only option for arcanes and they're too expensive.  If de offered them at a reasonable price from the market then maybe but I'm not paying $50 equivalent for one thing that I've been ok without for years.  Putting them in sorties seems like a good intermediate step.

1 hour ago, Kalizy said:

would make Raids completely pointless and only waste gigabytes worth of work

That's like saying creating new raids would make old raids pointless.

All it would do is give people another way to earn arcanes, and it wouldn't even be guaranteed like it is when doing a raid. It definitely wouldn't kills raids for farmers

Edited by Hypernaut1

9 hours ago, Zyba said:

I would love to see arcanes available for sorties.  I like the idea of trials but can't ever find a group for one so plat is my only option for arcanes and they're too expensive.  If de offered them at a reasonable price from the market then maybe but I'm not paying $50 equivalent for one thing that I've been ok without for years.  Putting them in sorties seems like a good intermediate step.

Search for Warframe Raids Schoolbus

sounds good.

only the basic/cheap/average arcanes though, so you can have a taste of them and actually have a chance of getting a set, outside of just buying them... 

and I really hope a rework of raids so they aren't boring/tedious, I have all these badass weapons and frames and we spend the mission ccing everything and pressing buttons....

+1, Nice idea.

But that will nerf the number of players to Raids.

So do it this way, Sortie, Raid (grineer, corpus, infested) are to have different arcane drop list.

Grineer arcane to be something related to grineer, (maybe on health damage, x% to boost nearby allies' dmg by y?, following regulator)

Speaking as a poor bloke that only have an Arcane Strike set and never run raids even though my clan runs them bajillion times everyday, no.

Raids are already low on players as it is. Arcanes are about the only thing keeping them from reaching Archwing status. Especially JV, which, if I recall correctly, is still broken in certain aspects.

23 hours ago, _Rue_ said:

Arcanes were pointed out as items that have little to no impact on the usual Warframe gameplay. People propose a redo/rework to make these more relevant. (the arcane revive comes to mind especially after the revive rework).

Arcane Avenger - Amazing on wukong and mesa to add critical chance to weapons

Arcane Aegis/Barrier - Useful mostly on Chroma, until shield gating is added

Arcane Grace - Heals tanks frames such as wukong, Valkyr, Inaros, Mesa

Arcane Victory - Health for non tank frames with headshots (goes well with argon scope)

Arcane Pulse - Allows nekros and oberon to give super heals to teammates

Arcane Energize - Allows for max power strength and almost no efficiency builds on frames such as ember.

Arcane Guardian - Tank frames with more armor

Arcane Velocity - gives mesa more fire rate on regulators

These are a few examples, your statement is invalid. Arcanes ARE a game changer and that's why a lot of people buy/farm them.

2 hours ago, --Q--Voltage said:

I am pretty sure this doesn't work. I tried my set on her and didn't notice any speed increase. 

As as for the topic at hand, I think it would be better to give Sorties their own unique arcanes. Sort of an introduction to what arcanes can do for type of thing. I honestly don't see DE cleaning up the drop tables for arcanes.

Edited by S0V3REiGN

8 hours ago, --Q--Voltage said:

Arcane Avenger - Amazing on wukong and mesa to add critical chance to weapons

Arcane Aegis/Barrier - Useful mostly on Chroma, until shield gating is added

Arcane Grace - Heals tanks frames such as wukong, Valkyr, Inaros, Mesa

Arcane Victory - Health for non tank frames with headshots (goes well with argon scope)

Arcane Pulse - Allows nekros and oberon to give super heals to teammates

Arcane Energize - Allows for max power strength and almost no efficiency builds on frames such as ember.

Arcane Guardian - Tank frames with more armor

These are a few examples, your statement is invalid. Arcanes ARE a game changer and that's why a lot of people buy/farm them.

And this is why people can still do everything without them right? They are NICE to HAVE.

Will it allow you to run any frame in Trials/Raids to the extent that you can queue a pug and not worry about defeat?

Not sure what game you're playing but it doesn't change mine.

12 hours ago, wanderere said:

sounds good.

only the basic/cheap/average arcanes though, so you can have a taste of them and actually have a chance of getting a set, outside of just buying them... 

and I really hope a rework of raids so they aren't boring/tedious, I have all these badass weapons and frames and we spend the mission ccing everything and pressing buttons....

Adding arcanes to sorties would definitely have to go hand in hand to making trials better.

When i consider what raiding could be on in games like Warframe i always look to the trial and error lot Destiny. For all its faults and problems they were masters of the raids.

Edited by (PS4)Mofojokers