Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sentinel Repair Kit feedback

(XBOX)Vaktalor

First and foremost i want to give credit where it's due this idea was first brought up by @MurakumoVance

he brought this up on the 24th episode of his series Warframe God Builds at the 9 minute and 53 second mark he says this...

"Now as long we are being honest here i really wish that Digital Extremes would release something like a sentinel repair kit for your gear because companions like kavats or kubrows can be revived where as if a sentinel dies then we too have to die and then revive wasting one of those revives just to get our sentinel back that's.. kind of stupid...

I have to agree with him on that the regen mod only helps for so long before your sentinel is dead for the rest of the mission unless you die and revive 

Here's a scenario, what if you are about to run out of ammo for all of you weapons and you have no revives left your going for let's say for example 80 minutes on Mot in the Void then your carrier dies and you have a bad melee weapon you would not be able to get ammo back or kill anything to get ammo because you would die now you would have no choice but to extract and try again...  

this would be a good addition to the game since we got a good change for sentinels not too long ago as i'm writing this or we could also have sentinels being able to be revived just like kubrows and kavats can as an alternative 

i would like to hear what you all would like to say about this idea please stay civil with this 

Edited by (XB1)falconpwnch0234
fixed a minor typo.....

sentinels are suppose to not have indefinite survivability. that'll make them too similar to companions. they'll have survivability, utility and a bit of CC. that'll kill kubrows at least, since kavats have more special abilities (unless you wants this a 1 time thing, which I think you don't) 

just a simple change to the regen mod, making it have a timer. for example, if the sentinel dies, it'll revive like normal, then an Xmin timer will start, if the sentinel dies and the timer hasn't re-setted yet, then it'll stay dead, if the sentinel dies after the timer re-setted, it'll come back...etc 

at least our own gameplay has an affect here too 

21 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

Sentinels don't need to be even more Overpowered. Since leveling up Djinn (which I took forever to obtain) I never had him die once.

Sounds like you haven't been playing any Tank frames.

OT:
I'd personally love a repair kit system. Preferably, make the repair kits super cheap to craft, BUT give them a several-second-long animation (akin to Reviving an ally) when used in the mission. Sentinels are supposed to be the low-maintenance "budget" companions, after all.

On 10/18/2016 at 7:13 PM, erny0507 said:

mmm i think it would a good resource sinking thing so maybe some balanced cost, not cheap that is meanless but also not expensive to be a luxury.

stuff like polymer bundles and plastids could be decent as an alternative or there could be 1 or 2 control modules in the mix like @AandOE said earlier 

Edited by (XB1)falconpwnch0234

• 2 months later...

I play pretty tank-ily, and my Carrier prime never really dies. My Carrier is very well modded out & I don't equip it with a weapon so that it doesn't draw aggro. I can take it on sortie missions & it only ever takes *any* damage if I either A) get downed, or B) walk into a cloud of toxic from an infested osprey or such. I'm not entirely on the side of having a gear item that just lets us revive them indefinitely, as I feel that the whole pets vs. sentinels thing is fairly balanced as it is. (Pets are somewhat less useful than sentinels but can be revived infinitely. Sentinels are more useful but once they're gone they're gone.)

Though, one thing about sentinels that disappointed me was the revive mod specifically. If this mod was changed to be something like "Level 0 mod = 1 revive, Middle Level mod = 2 revives, Max Level mod = 3 revives" then I feel this would be much much more fair than just "1 revive with varying amounts of health based on the mod level." More fair (& probably just easier than) some new gear item that we have to build 500 stacks of to use in missions that we can't keep them alive on.