Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Autohotkey for telos boltace slide attack

Meteorlogicus

Question

18 answers to this question

Just now, Skaleek said:

Not sure if this is allowed in game. Use of scripts to automate play i believe is against the TOS/EULA, but unsure, dev clarification here would be greatly appreciated.

I believe if it automatically plays for you it would be against the TOS(EX: A script that would make you walk around, and use abilities at the same time etc), but if it's just so you can click a single button to slide attack, I am pretty sure that would be allowed.

Clarification would be great though.

1 minute ago, PoisonHD said:

I believe if it automatically plays for you it would be against the TOS(EX: A script that would make you walk around, and use abilities at the same time etc), but if it's just so you can click a single button to slide attack, I am pretty sure that would be allowed.

Clarification would be great though.

I could conceivably use this to create a toggle macro where it would spam the slide attack and i would be a walking aoe nuke and all i would need to do is move my mouse. Thats why I'm not sure if its okay or not, or at least, where the line is.

Just now, Skaleek said:

I could conceivably use this to create a toggle macro where it would spam the slide attack and i would be a walking aoe nuke and all i would need to do is move my mouse. Thats why I'm not sure if its okay or not, or at least, where the line is.

Ah, right, that makes sense now. I was just thinking along the lines of eliminating multiple button presses.

I am equally confused, as all slide attacks simply requiring sliding and hitting the melee key. More importantly, setting up a macro would make it less useful overall as an attack as you wouldn't be able to time the attack as well if it triggered at a fixed point during a slide (you can slide attack at any point during a slide).

37 minutes ago, FLSH_BNG said:

You only need to press two buttons and hold one to do a slide attack, it's not that involved.

No ctrl+shift+alt+'X' stuff in any case.

For me its hold W(forward) and shift(run) , push  C(crouch) to initiate my slide and remove my finger from W, and then tap E (melee) with the finger that had previously been pushing W. 4 buttons. I can see why someone might macro it, it isn't overly complicated but it's enough for me to consider simplifying it if I plan to use the telos boltace for an extended period of time. If I'm allowed to do it, I would, but I dont think I am.

Also, I don't think you can use primed Fury and zerker, cause at full stacks of zerker it's too hard from the sheer speed to keep the flow without macro assistance.

Edited by Skaleek

28 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

For me its hold W(forward) and shift(run) , push  C(crouch) to initiate my slide and remove my finger from W, and then tap E (melee) with the finger that had previously been pushing W. 4 buttons. I can see why someone might macro it, it isn't overly complicated but it's enough for me to consider simplifying it if I plan to use the telos boltace for an extended period of time. If I'm allowed to do it, I would, but I dont think I am.

Also, I don't think you can use primed Fury and zerker, cause at full stacks of zerker it's too hard from the sheer speed to keep the flow without macro assistance.

You don't need to sprint. Easiest way is W > press V with your thumb (since you're not jumping you don't need space) > E. 

3 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

You don't need to sprint. Easiest way is W > press V with your thumb (since you're not jumping you don't need space) > E. 

Well, Old dog new tricks at this point. Im so used to doing in the way I listed im not sure i ever will the other way (muscle memory and what not), what is the default functionality of V?

Edited by Skaleek

Just now, Skaleek said:

Well, Old dog new tricks at this point. Im so used to doing in that way im not sure i ever will the other way, what is the default functionality of V?

Toggle crouch. 

Slide attacking automatically untoggles it as well which is helpful.

Toggle crouch, and I have it bound to ctrl, so it's just a pinkie press for me. You don't need to sprint, but I have it bound to both left S#&$ and a function key on the side of my mouse which makes it easier to both sprint and go into a slide/bullet-jump on the fly.

I ended up remapping y controls once movement 2.0 came out and spent the next few months getting good with it.
Now I can go anywhere I want even when surrounded. My mobility is my best defense, and even my squishiest frames are potential melee death machines... favorite being duration-based and reduced-range Savage Silence build on my Banshee with any dagger; but that's a different thread.

3 hours ago, mimoriiiinn said:

Hi there

i'm looking for a slide attack script for telos boltace so i dont destroy my keyboard when spamming the keys for slide attack?

i cant seem to find a script on the forums

any help is appreciated!

Hey mimoriiiinn, 

Macros/scripts could suspend your account. Please be mindful of this and refrain from seeking them out on the Forums. Thank you!