Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dedicated Conclave Servers

[DE]Drew

Hi DE, yesterday before i went sleep, i started 4 different servers. Today i wake up... and see that my computer are not responding at all. This is the first such thing for ages. And i think, that its becouse of crazy hell, that i see in the end of my server log. In all four logs the same thing in the same time. This is VERY long hell, so i cant show this here, but i made a support ticket and this is its number - #808762

On 2017-03-30 at 1:47 PM, AskForMercy said:

Hi DE, yesterday before i went sleep, i started 4 different servers. Today i wake up... and see that my computer are not responding at all. This is the first such thing for ages. And i think, that its becouse of crazy hell, that i see in the end of my server log. In all four logs the same thing in the same time. This is VERY long hell, so i cant show this here, but i made a support ticket and this is its number - #808762

how large are the log files in general cause I had one log file that was 50 gigs large and that was with the warframe testing tool corpus.outbreak and hat crashed the game and well almost my windows.

2 hours ago, TheRoaringLion said:

how large are the log files in general cause I had one log file that was 50 gigs large and that was with the warframe testing tool corpus.outbreak and hat crashed the game and well almost my windows.

Wow, no, of course it just too big to paste it to forum.

5 hours ago, AskForMercy said:

It seems like your machine was having some network issues and it just stopped communicating with any of our servers (error/diag messages can be a little noisy).

2 hours ago, [DE]maciejs said:

It seems like your machine was having some network issues and it just stopped communicating with any of our servers (error/diag messages can be a little noisy).

I was thinking about something like that, but problem not is "Why servers stop working?". Problem is "Why they made my computer not respondind?" It is not normal, when program, do something like that becouse of connection issues...

@[DE]maciejs I was watching one of my servers and spotted a warning that concerned me a little bit not too much because the servers seem to run fine but it stands out for me.

unknown.png

its about the Saturated the network packet with (Fill in please)

I hope its nothing too much to worry about but it could be an big issue tho.

7 hours ago, AskForMercy said:

I was thinking about something like that, but problem not is "Why servers stop working?". Problem is "Why they made my computer not respondind?" It is not normal, when program, do something like that becouse of connection issues...

You're right. I think it should eventually just give up and restart/exit. I'll try to tweak it.

@TheRoaringLion: it's nothing extraordinary, no worries. This simply means we've exhausted our bandwidth quota for that frame. I'm a little bit surprised it happens in PVP as it's not super demanding (as far as bandwidth goes), but I can see it happen with 8 players. It's our congestion control system kicking in, it happens very frequently in game. If you'd like, you can send me a complete log and I'll try to see whether there's anything fishy there, but I don't really expect it. (This message wasn't there before, that's why you didn't notice)

No night without a strange servers actions))) yesterday before i went sleep, i started 4 different servers. Again) And now when i got up my computer was responding. But i saw only one server, started with a strange parameters. I reached into logs and saw that all 4 servers stoped because of update. Its OK, but do servers have ability to update warframe by themselves and to start another server? If they can do this, then why they started only one?)

So those of you who have the DS running in a VM

Im trying to get the server to run on my server and running it in Virtual Box with bridged mode no matter what i do it says Im nat bound to server 108.80.239.196:5010

I know my router isnt the issue I run a OpenWRT build specifically tailored so i dont have upnp or nat-pmp issues and it works perfectly on my desktop. 

Im running it in on an Ubuntu host with windows 7 in a VM.

edit: tried changing the port to random ones and forwarding them to the VM to see if it works but nothing

Any help would be appreciated.

On 2017-04-04 at 10:45 AM, Echoa said:

So those of you who have the DS running in a VM

Im trying to get the server to run on my server and running it in Virtual Box with bridged mode no matter what i do it says Im nat bound to server 108.80.239.196:5010

I know my router isnt the issue I run a OpenWRT build specifically tailored so i dont have upnp or nat-pmp issues and it works perfectly on my desktop. 

Im running it in on an Ubuntu host with windows 7 in a VM.

edit: tried changing the port to random ones and forwarding them to the VM to see if it works but nothing

Any help would be appreciated.

Running in a nat setup is perfectly fine, I run all of my servers this way because I don't want them to show up as real machines in the network, and even then I am still able to connect inside the VM to other devices on my network. Like NAS PC and other stuff, you only need to know the local IP.
The message nat bound is normal I guess because my servers are spamming this all over the place too as you see here. it should spam some IT_FROM_PEER requests as seen here after a while if not and you are sure you are not on Clan-only your server should be OK ;D sometimes the IT_FROM_PEER spam is not there Warframe PVP is not that popular you know.
Serverconsole.PNG

I hope it helps you out.

5 hours ago, TheRoaringLion said:

Running in a nat setup is perfectly fine, I run all of my servers this way because I don't want them to show up as real machines in the network, and even then I am still able to connect inside the VM to other devices on my network. Like NAS PC and other stuff, you only need to know the local IP.
The message nat bound is normal I guess because my servers are spamming this all over the place too as you see here. it should spam some IT_FROM_PEER requests as seen here after a while if not and you are sure you are not on Clan-only your server should be OK ;D sometimes the IT_FROM_PEER spam is not there Warframe PVP is not that popular you know.
Serverconsole.PNG

I hope it helps you out.

Chao, The Roaring Lion

It helps a ton thank you!

I've been workingon trying to fix this Nat bound message for like 4 days trying everything I could from different VB versions (soon to be trying qemu and boxes), network modes, etc. To changing different libupnp and a full wipe and reinstall and manual configuration of miniupnpd on my router T-T I don't have enough hair left to be pulling it out lol

On 2017-04-04 at 7:24 PM, Echoa said:

It helps a ton thank you!

I've been workingon trying to fix this Nat bound message for like 4 days trying everything I could from different VB versions (soon to be trying qemu and boxes), network modes, etc. To changing different libupnp and a full wipe and reinstall and manual configuration of miniupnpd on my router T-T I don't have enough hair left to be pulling it out lol

What I do recommend is going KVM Qemu based Virtual machines I use it too and it is ways more efficient, if you want more info about that just ask me on the https://discord.gg/pccC6 discord.

3 hours ago, TheRoaringLion said:

What I do recommend is going KVM Qemu based Virtual machines I use it too and it is ways more efficient, if you want more info about that just ask me on the https://discord.gg/pccC6 discord.

Chao, The Roaring Lion

Thanks for the suggestion, was thinking of going with Gnome boxes anyway which is a frontend/based on qemu and kvm. 

On 2017-04-04 at 11:26 PM, Echoa said:

Thanks for the suggestion, was thinking of going with Gnome boxes anyway which is a frontend/based on qemu and kvm. 

I am just using the not so gnome version of that on the moment but I guess that that is just an additional version of the KVM/Qemu Gui's that are out there. but I just use Virtual Machine manager and it works like a charm.
There are some kaveats but that is more like settings when setting up the Virtual machines and stuff but furthermore for performance and usability it is perfect for a situation like this.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone happen to know fix or bypass "Your graphics card is not supported." message?

I'm intended to run DS on KVMed Windows guest. (Linux is host, hypervisor is QEMU/KVM and Windows is guest).

Guest uses QXL for the Spice management with its WDDM driver. 

Launcher log is:
Direct 3D: Could not detect supported shadow map format. 

I'd check the surface availability of QXL by "IDirect3D9::CheckDeviceFormat( ..., D3DUSAGE_DEPTHSTENCIL, ..., D3DFMT_D16 )" and the result is true.

PCI Passthrough (IOMMU) could be one solution but I don't like put an extra GPU on the server (currently headless. AST2400 is running)

Thanks.

2 hours ago, NyreenKandros said:

Does anyone happen to know fix or bypass "Your graphics card is not supported." message?

I'm intended to run DS on KVMed Windows guest. (Linux is host, hypervisor is QEMU/KVM and Windows is guest).

Guest uses QXL for the Spice management with its WDDM driver. 

Launcher log is:
Direct 3D: Could not detect supported shadow map format. 

I'd check the surface availability of QXL by "IDirect3D9::CheckDeviceFormat( ..., D3DUSAGE_DEPTHSTENCIL, ..., D3DFMT_D16 )" and the result is true.

PCI Passthrough (IOMMU) could be one solution but I don't like put an extra GPU on the server (currently headless. AST2400 is running)

Thanks.

Doesn't -headless run it headless?

* -headless: run in headless mode (no GUI)

@NyreenKandros

12 hours ago, BritishBob said:

Doesn't -headless run it headless?

@NyreenKandros

Thanks, I haven't even noticed there is a separate thread for.

Additionally, Is it normal that the daemon keeps shutting down every 300 seconds?

304.062 Sys [Info]: DEDICATEDSERVER: New build available or current mode expired, game done, shutting down
304.209 Sys [Info]: Main Shutdown Initiated.
304.212 Sys [Info]: TypeMgr cleaned 0 instances (0.024ms) and unbuilt 1 types (2.68ms) in 0.024ms
304.227 Net [Info]: MatchingService::DeleteSession
304.473 Net [Info]: Deleted session
304.474 Net [Info]: MatchingServiceWeb::LeavePlatformPartyDone
304.475 Sys [Info]: Session deleted: 1
304.845 Sys [Info]: Shutting down context... [Heap: 247,865,440/250,413,056 Footprint: 309,948,416 Handles: 351]
304.859 Sys [Info]: Context shutdown complete [Heap: 235,754,864/249,757,696 Footprint: 307,933,184 Handles: 337]
304.861 Sys [Info]: TypeMgr cleaned 1812 instances (0.035ms) and unbuilt 0 types (1.70ms) in 0.035ms
304.896 Sys [Info]: Cleaned 18,442 resource-objects
304.896 Sys [Info]: Server stopped...
304.897 Net [Info]: MatchingService::DeleteSession
304.900 Net [Info]: Deleted session
304.900 Net [Info]: MatchingServiceWeb::LeavePlatformPartyDone
304.904 Sys [Info]: Redirecting package save to: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Warframe\Editor.cfg
304.906 Sys [Info]: Saved package: /Configs/Editor.cfg
304.907 Sys [Info]: Redirecting package save to: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Warframe\DS.cfg
304.908 Sys [Info]: Skipping SavePackage for /Configs/DS.cfg (no changes detected)
304.908 Sys [Info]: Saved package: /Configs/DS.cfg
304.908 Net [Info]: UDP socket closed on port 5010
304.916 Sys [Info]: Used 1 shared assets (0 async, 1 sync)

1 hour ago, NyreenKandros said:

304.062 Sys [Info]: DEDICATEDSERVER: New build available or current mode expired, game done, shutting down

You are running one of the variant modes. those shut down after 5 minutes when they're not active. I think DM variant is the default mode if nothing is specified. Have you set up your DS.cfg? (%localappata%\Warframe\DS.cfg)

On 4/16/2017 at 10:08 PM, spiedie said:

You are running one of the variant modes. those shut down after 5 minutes when they're not active. I think DM variant is the default mode if nothing is specified. Have you set up your DS.cfg? (%localappata%\Warframe\DS.cfg)

There was a small typo in the config everything is fine now.

Many thanks anyway :D

• 3 weeks later...

As of 20.4.2 I've had this error spammed at start-up in my servers:

17.540 Sys [Error]: /Lotus/Types/Game/GameTipss/LoadingGameTips [GameTips] could not be built:
17.540 Sys [Error]: Missing comma before brace open in root context
17.540 Sys [Error]: Missing open brace in root context

I also noted this being spammed fairly fast, in some servers for much longer than others:

13.088 Net [Info]: Pinging 128.199.105.91:4950 from server
13.089 Net [Info]: Pinging 128.199.105.91:4950 from server
13.618 Net [Info]: Pinging 128.199.105.91:4950 from server
13.619 Net [Info]: Pinging 128.199.105.91:4950 from server
14.147 Net [Info]: Pinging 128.199.105.91:4950 from server
14.148 Net [Info]: Pinging 128.199.105.91:4950 from server
14.676 Net [Info]: Pinging 128.199.105.91:4950 from server
14.677 Net [Info]: Pinging 128.199.105.91:4950 from server

EDIT:

This has also been happening very frequently

906.642 Sys [Warning]: HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request
906.648 Sys [Warning]: Server: Apache
906.654 Sys [Warning]: Content-Length: 22
906.660 Sys [Warning]: Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8
906.666 Sys [Warning]: Date: Fri, 05 May 2017 14:45:42 GMT
906.672 Sys [Warning]: Connection: keep-alive
906.681 Sys [Error]: Could not sync guild event score: Authentication failure

• 2 weeks later...

Still we don't have a way to browse servers... We need this badly.
I haven't been able to find a populated server unless it wasn't an event since this thing happened.

I have to select a type and then I have to enter without knowing if there's someone playing in the 1st place and when I do feel like waiting, no one else comes

On 2017-05-16 at 8:25 PM, RyuGold said:

Still we don't have a way to browse servers... We need this badly.
I haven't been able to find a populated server unless it wasn't an event since this thing happened.

I have to select a type and then I have to enter without knowing if there's someone playing in the 1st place and when I do feel like waiting, no one else comes

PVP is not one of the most populated things in warframe it is more of a niche but there are plenty of players at certain times, if you can't wait for I say at least 5 mins for someone else to join your game then I say just wait a little longer

If this really takes long, like more then 10 minutes then probably it is not going to get more players and likely your region has not a lot of players at that given moment.

Just try and see if another given moment gives you players.

ATM we are not getting the server browser anytime soon, I have asked this also a couple of times and we are not getting a server browser as far I know, sorry to inform you that it will likely not happen.

I hope you are informed a little better.

It's not a problem about informations, it's a problem about how this can't stand. It's worse than DS' matchmaking and that takes art.
You can't get in a match where, let's say, your team rage quits and then you're suddenly left alone for 10 whole minutes vs 3 campers.

It's just so bad. Might I add: why there are TWO loadings when you leave conclave (to find another server, hopefully to not get in the same deserted one you were before).
And the fact that I have to search multiple times to find a server where a match is already on going is bad. There should be a priority (CLEARLY there isn't) where you get in a server where there are people.

3 should be the biggest priority because: it's not a big number, other people might join, you will be the 4th and so will make everything even (free4all or team) and it won't be chaotic.

You just CAN'T match me in a server without anybody in it when there are servers with similar ping and AT LEAST 1 guy.

Archived