The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nova Tweaks (Because she really does need some)

DrBorris

She does need some work as shes a one trick pony and a boring, trivializing one at that. Before anyone gets their panties in a twist, yes AMD is a thing but only because its barely affected by mods. Modding for MP is the most viable route.

Null Star and AMD could use changes. I would scrap Wormhole as well.

Both MP and AMD need their power scaled back, MP in particular is one of those things that shouldnt exist in a horde shooter. Imagine any horde game with an ability like that, completely trivializing. And AMD is just easy instakills.

I'd like to point out nova's null star augment here. It is absolutely awesome for those that have used it. Guaranteed radial knock down around you. It's very useful and cheap cc imo, though it does require an augment.

Antimatter drop augment is really good too, antimatter absorb. You can fire off multiple traveling shield that can absorb incoming damage. I've yet to see anyone use these abilities other than myself. I suggest you guys give them a try. Yeah you'll have to sacrifice some mods and change builds but m. Prime doesn't need much to shine.

9 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

Honestly I think Wormhole is a complete waste of an ability. I'd rather see it get switched to something new entirely.

The only time I have ever seen a Nova use a Wormhole was in the LoR, right after the buttons on the way to the console. That really long hallway.

And that's it. It can't be used in combat effectively and parkour eliminates the need for it in exploration. 

Nova is my go-to fissure runner, and so I use Escape Velocity to turn Wormhole into a speed pickup for my squad. Since I`m running max efficiency build (sacking 50 duration for 50 eff with r4 Fleeting expertise) I dont have any energy problems while spamming charged AMDs and dropping portals everywhere.

2 hours ago, Ivan_Rid said:

Nova is my go-to fissure runner, and so I use Escape Velocity to turn Wormhole into a speed pickup for my squad. Since I`m running max efficiency build (sacking 50 duration for 50 eff with r4 Fleeting expertise) I dont have any energy problems while spamming charged AMDs and dropping portals everywhere.

If that's the reason you use Nova, then why not Volt?

Volt does the job better without forcing your team to teleport somewhere they may not want to go.

10 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

If that's the reason you use Nova, then why not Volt?

Volt does the job better without forcing your team to teleport somewhere they may not want to go.

Because Nova can clear up clusters of enemies (good for fissures) with AMD, be it through cover or walls. And Volts forces Speed buff on everyone in a radius, while with Nova there is a choice for them. My build has a subpar range so I can just be aiming at the floor and cast Wormhole to get me a 50% sprint buff, and not annoy everyone with disorienting teleports (I`m quite cautious of those tbh).

Originally I was using this build just for rush farming fissures, but now I find myself using it all the time for any mission type.

edit: like, I didnt mean to say I`m dropping portals everywhere, its just that I can do it for very cheap and theres benefits for using them.

Edited by Ivan_Rid

Some random input:

* Null Star having at least forced stagger sounds great (it USED to do this, dunno why they removed it?) Launching the orbs individually (as per Insizer's post) also sounds nice.
But giving it a Radiation proc might be too much at a base. More to that later...

* AMD scaling with range (but with some damage dropoff) sounds good. Scaling with strength needs to be done carefully though (Reduce base multipliers a bit first?).

* M.Prime doesn't need much changing really.

* Worm Hole: Spherical entrance, reduce energycost to 50 and seperation of ally and enemy instances all sound good, yes. But I think more can be done to Worm Hole, stuff with synergy, to make it a truly worthwhile ability:

1) Projectile copy+extension:
Shooting through a Worm Hole entrance would make a copy of your attack, but this copied attack instantly spawns and flies out of the exit (in short: Copies weapon attacks, only the copy is teleported)! The copy deals pure radiation-damage, and with lessened weapondamage (say, 40%? Alterable by Power Strength I guess?).
The reason I say only the copy is teleported is because otherwise you could grief heavily with Worm Hole, disallowing you to fire in specific directions.

This could then extend to Null Star: If an enemy is at the exit of a WH, and you are close to the WH's entrance, a Null Star can be launched at the enemy (extending its reach greatly), along with getting a radiation-copy. However, note that in the case of Null Star projectiles, the original Null Star is also teleported (unlike weapon-attacks) (EDIT: Thinking further, that means it doesn't have to even get a copy, it could just get a radiation-amp on it). Furthermore, the copied radiation Null Star could have a 100% chance to proc radiation (instead of Null Stars having radiation procs baseline).

Further: Similar to Null Stars, maybe AM drops could traverse through Worm Holes too? In the case of traversing with AMD's, I think it should not get a copy, just get teleported. It could, however, get damage-fueled a bit (with X damage, amount affected by Power Strength).

In essence: It amps and allows trickshots with regular weapons, while it makes Null Star into a long-range ability with added rad-procs. It could also possibly be used to transfer AMD drops.

2) Harmful enemy traversal
If an enemy passes through the Worm Hole, it should come out hurt (X radiation damage, same amount as the damage-boost the AMD gets for passing through?), possibly radiation-procced, and ragdolled (lightly, not sky-rocketed).

I think those additions would really give Worm Hole some much needed combat useage (to such a degree that you could even start making Worm Hole-oriented builds!).

Edited by Azamagon

17 hours ago, Misgenesis said:

She does need some work as shes a one trick pony and a boring, trivializing one at that. Before anyone gets their panties in a twist, yes AMD is a thing but only because its barely affected by mods. Modding for MP is the most viable route.

Null Star and AMD could use changes. I would scrap Wormhole as well.

Both MP and AMD need their power scaled back, MP in particular is one of those things that shouldnt exist in a horde shooter. Imagine any horde game with an ability like that, completely trivializing. And AMD is just easy instakills.

15 hours ago, TaylorsContraction said:

I'd like to point out nova's null star augment here. It is absolutely awesome for those that have used it. Guaranteed radial knock down around you. It's very useful and cheap cc imo, though it does require an augment.

Antimatter drop augment is really good too, antimatter absorb. You can fire off multiple traveling shield that can absorb incoming damage. I've yet to see anyone use these abilities other than myself. I suggest you guys give them a try. Yeah you'll have to sacrifice some mods and change builds but m. Prime doesn't need much to shine.

On the topic of these points I'd like to point out a thread I've made relating to synergy that I feel is on point here.

My idea was simple ...

" Neutron Star is a Warframe Augment Mod for Nova that allows all active Null Star particles to be detonated "

The changes I propose - Each enemy killed from Molecular Prime will give you x1 Null Star for free with the maximum still at x16, this would synergize very well with the augment.

Edited by main_antagonist

Nova does need fixes.

I dont believe molecular prime should slow and do extra damage. 

Null star did molecularly prime enemies, 

And anti matter drop got a change to its augment function, that it would draw in matter from molecularly primed enemies. The augment mod would be called "accretion disk and it would draw in the dusty clouds off and around dead and live enemies. And there would be a function to fixate it, so like the fissure crack or a simulor ball, it would grow larger while drawing in more anti matter balls and look awesome while doing so.

Thatd be cool.

But

Fix worm hole.

Fix null star.

And she wouldnt be half bad.