Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are more lore quests coming after The War Within?

(PSN)Stanicek3

Question

14 answers to this question

It's only the second big lore quest, why would it be the last one?

Besides, DE has gone on record that The Second Dream and The War Within constitute 2/3 of a trilogy, so we can expect at least one more afterwards. And even more are sure to come after that.

The steady trickle of Lore we've gotten has been as slow as it has been because DE has been refining their 'Gather round youngsters as I tell you a tale' skills. I don't necessarily think we'll see them all as largely invested in as TWW is supposed to be, but DE is 'finally' getting to the meat of spinning lore, I don't see a reason they would stop just as they're beginning to hit a stride, with so little of the universe explored/explained. 

22 minutes ago, (PS4)Stanicek3 said:

One thing I never look forward to in a game I love is the ending of it's story. Which is why I'm asking, is The War Within going to be the final BIG lore quest or will there be more in the distant future?

Considering how much stuff DE bought to be able to do all this stuff in house, you can bet your bottom dollar they'll be making more lore quests like SD and TWW.  We'll probably a new lore quest with every UXX.0 patch, since TWW is U19, and SD was U18.

I don't think you should expect to hear about any more story quests for a long time, closer to when they are actually ready to be released. DE already admitted on devstream that they told us about War Within too early, before they had really settled on what they were going to do.  There is now an ongoing problem from community where everything new that comes out is met by "but it's not War Within so they're just delaying", and all the non-story things that get added are kind of disregarded.

So. More lore after WW: probably yes.  Soon: probably no.

There will definitely be more. The Corpus, the Sentient and the Orokin themselves have not been fleshed out enough. Umbra I think is going to have something to do with the next one or two, but we'll see.

Also, we still don't know what Warframes are.
Still waiting on that as well.