Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon Rework Idea From Weird Role > Paladin

Scherhardt

Ability 1

Shield Charge - Toggle. Conjure Oberons shield and perform a controllable charge at a slow speed that increases momentum dealing radial damage in its path and AoE damage at the end. As you reach peak speeds you become more vulnerable to damage.

Ability 2

Holy Smite - Smash your shield to the ground and deal damage in a radius and heals allies near you for 30% the damage you dealt.

Ability 3

Divine Shield - Self Buff. Envelops yourself in energy and gives you additional and uninterrupted shield regen for the duration. Cannot be recast until it expires.

Ability 4

Guardian Force - Squad buff. Gives your allies 50% stagger and knockdown resistance, a percentage of your shields and a buff that if your shields get depleted it will explode for radiation damage equal to 2x the amount of shields you had. 7m radius buff. 10m explosion radius.

Passive

Everytime you or nearby allies cast abilities it gives you 8% max shields. Stacks indefinitely. Has 30 second duration.

1 hour ago, Scherhardt said:

Oberon Rework Idea From Weird Role > Paladin

This is a very neat concept but not Oberon.  I agree his current kit makes for a very weird role indeed.  The problem I see with this as a rework is that it is more divine embodiment and not so much of the faerie'esque that Oberon needs to be.

None of his abilities currently mesh or really make much sense, that is all he needs, for his abilities to make more sense in regards to his faerie king role.  His 3rd and his passive are the only thing that honestly scream 'faerie creature' to me.  

His first is just radiation hammers being bounced around, his 2nd is a carpet of fire for some reason or other and his 4th has globes that smash foes into the ground.  A few tweaks to these abilities to give them more of a fae like nature and he'd be just fine.  His 3rd ability not suddenly halting upon max health reached would, of course, be great.

Anyways I like the concept above, but definitely as a whole new frame.  Just my thoughts though.

1 hour ago, Scherhardt said:

Ability 1

Shield Charge - Toggle. Conjure Oberons shield and perform a controllable charge at a slow speed that increases momentum dealing radial damage in its path and AoE damage at the end. As you reach peak speeds you become more vulnerable to damage.

Ability 2

Holy Smite - Smash your shield to the ground and deal damage in a radius and heals allies near you for 30% the damage you dealt.

Ability 3

Divine Shield - Self Buff. Envelops yourself in energy and gives you additional and uninterrupted shield regen for the duration. Cannot be recast until it expires.

Ability 4

Guardian Force - Squad buff. Gives your allies 50% stagger and knockdown resistance, a percentage of your shields and a buff that if your shields get depleted it will explode for radiation damage equal to 2x the amount of shields you had. 7m radius buff. 10m explosion radius.

Passive

Everytime you or nearby allies cast abilities it gives you 8% max shields. Stacks indefinitely. Has 30 second duration.

This isn't Oberon, this is something new. Believe it or not, some people DO actually play Oberon. However, I like these ideas, but this should be a whole new frame, not a rework. A rework should, at the very least, adhere to the same basic concept of the original frame, which this doesn't.

57 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

None of his abilities currently mesh or really make much sense, that is all he needs, for his abilities to make more sense in regards to his faerie king role.  His 3rd and his passive are the only thing that honestly scream 'faerie creature' to me.

Would you mind elaborating on this? I agree on Smite and maybe Reckoning, but Hallowed Ground seems okay with the fey theme.

New tank melee/support frame based on diamond or metal or crystal. Defs not Oberon (this is not a rework) but could be an interesting new frame concept. Built to get in there and scrap while defensively empowering the entire team. Could use a few tweaks in ability synergy to appeal to multiple types of squad comps (Atlas has a similar issue) and some more flexibility in terms of role (this feels a little too rigidly paladin).

I'm just freewheeling here, but it could be built as a tank that values Shields and Armor, its passive harmonizing these two strengths by adding the damage reduction Armor normally gives to Health and giving it over to Shields instead.