Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please remove Friendly Fire modifier

Magmahunter

There's no need to do any friendly fire mission. If you're grinding nightmare mods just wait a bit and the nightmare node on that planet will change. So if you don't want to solo the mission you can just wait or do one on a different planet.

Honestly only a few mission types, like interception since unless you bring a fairly specific setup requires you to be in four places at once, actually make the friendly fire modifier sting.  The idea is that the difficulty spike from that mod comes from generally untrustworthy players (which says a lot that THAT'S the most dangerous modifier by far in nightmare right now).

To be fair my biggest issue was the amount of damage being done by friendly fire, more so by the sentinels which other people took.... I was using inaros (max armor/health etc) and it pretty much got one shot by a sentinel, yes a sentinel which usually struggle to hurt a fly. 

IF they improved the sentinel AI to not shoot at us, they at least should be able to tell friend and foe, and lowered friendly fire damage a bit it would improve it immensely.

10 minutes ago, CaptainDavian said:

I bring ash to friendly fire and never use bladestorm just for messing with peoples minds. 

Better yet, just keep teleporting right up behind them with melee in hand. Assuming you don't have the augment mod equipped.

52 minutes ago, Magmahunter said:

The 'Friendly Fire' seems to turn every nightmare mission into a war between the different squad member, eventually ending up with everyone killing eachother on purpose until only one remains

Friendly Fire mode suffers from a case of false advertising, it just needs to be renamed to "Solo or GTFO Mode" and it will be fine.

57 minutes ago, Magmahunter said:

The 'Friendly Fire' seems to turn every nightmare mission into a war between the different squad member, eventually ending up with everyone killing eachother on purpose until only one remains

If you are not prepared for this, don't go there. Pick a different mission. Simple, really.
Now, those who wish a crummy juncture upon themselves are free to join. And everyone is happy. Isn't it delightful?

If you squad up without explosive weapons, you should be entirely fine. I mean AFAIK, you have to aim at someone to hit them with something that doesn't explode.

Also, from what I've seen, AoE abilities don't auto-target allies. Stuff like WoF should be entirely safe to use. 

In any case, it's easy to avoid. Just gotta change MM to solo. Frankly, I think it's a hilarious modifier. 

So... yet more thing pushing people to "just play Solo"  content.

Super... =p

I can see where this seemed like a fun idea but haven't there been plenty of gripes about Radiation in Sorties?

I play abut 50/50 solo/pug. So I'd like there to actually be people running missions when i want to pug. ;-)

And I know there is no way my r.l. friends would go into friendly fire with me because they'd know at any moment they'd get gutted by my Orthos or blasted by a shotgun, haha

Anyhow, I'd really like to see more reasons for people to go Public, not less.