Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is there an efficiency bug with Ember Prime?

Vitamin.Ex

Question

The hard-cap on efficiency is 175%. When I equip a max rank Fleeting Expertise and a rank 2 Streamline I can hit 175%. When I look at her ability cost for World on Fire it sits around 1.6 energy per second. Now if I equip a max rank Streamline, my efficiency is still at 175% but now brings the cost of World on Fire down to 0.75 energy per second.

Is this how it should be working? Am I missing something here?

10 answers to this question

3 hours ago, ExzoSSG said:

The hard-cap on efficiency is 175%. When I equip a max rank Fleeting Expertise and a rank 2 Streamline I can hit 175%. When I look at her ability cost for World on Fire it sits around 1.6 energy per second. Now if I equip a max rank Streamline, my efficiency is still at 175% but now brings the cost of World on Fire down to 0.75 energy per second.

Is this how it should be working? Am I missing something here?

Fireballed from Feedback]Warframes&Abilities to Players helping Players.

For channeled abilities, both Duration and Efficiency are taken into account. If you're under 100% Duration, extra Efficiency (over 175) can mitigate the drain. In the same way, if you're below 175 Efficiency, some extra Duration will lower the Drain.

NB: Like for regular abilities, the Drain cost cannot be lower than 25% of its original value.

Maxed efficiency does not work in a positive way to abilities that burn energy per second,  i have tested this enough times to be certain.  If you want her World of Fire to to have efficiency, use only streamlined and whatever duration mods you want.  Don't go above that.  Also max out her energy as much as possible with flow or primed flow or whatever else you have for power max.

49 minutes ago, VampirePirate said:

Maxed efficiency does not work in a positive way to abilities that burn energy per second

On its own, yes, Fleeting Expertise does nothing beyond reducing the activation cost.
Add Streamline (and no further -Duration Mods), however, and bam, you've got minimum drain costs.

BNos4zK.png

22 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

On its own, yes, Fleeting Expertise does nothing beyond reducing the activation cost.
Add Streamline (and no further -Duration Mods), however, and bam, you've got minimum drain costs.

BNos4zK.png

I tested it out for myself.  I'm not a math guy so i don't bother with it.  The chart you provided actually hurts my eyes to look at it.

I tested this back when they first made these changes to the game.  i used Valkyr and found that if i used a lot of efficiency, it hurt the drain per sec, but if i used high duration, it lessened the drain per second and allowed her to stay in hysteria for way longer than normal.  That was before they changed her hysteria.... again.  That's pretty much all I know.  The math stuff just confuses me.

...so if i am wrong then hey... i'm wrong.  *shrugs*

Edit: I went back and tried it again.  Been so long since i did this i must have forgotten.   With Valkyr, i put primed continuity, constitution, fleeting expertise, streamlined, and narrow minded on her, and dropped her energy per second to 0.62.

So i was sort of wrong, you can use both efficient and duration to make channeled/energy per second powers to last longer.  That's assuming it works across the board.  I guess i forgot because i don't usually bother with using these abilities.

Edited by VampirePirate