Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dragonframe Get

WildDragon144

Question

14 answers to this question

Build for Power Strength, Power Duration HP, and armor (a Steel Fiber should be plenty tbh). Efficiency isn't a priority, but don't get too far in the negative. Maintaining his abilities can get quite expensive since they kinda cap out at right around 1 minute.

You can pretty much screw Range over in every single build and be totally fine, which is nice. 

But yeah, Chroma is pretty simple to build. Ice and Fire elements are functionally the best since they give the best bonuses, meaning they help you live longer than Toxin or Electric (Ice with extra armor and Fire with extra HP). People will argue all day that Ice is the best without a doubt and everyone who thinks differently is wrong, but Fire has built in healing and Ice does not, so I prefer Fire over Ice. Especially since your Vex armor is gonna be ridiculously strong anyways that it won't really matter all that much in the end. It also keeps you from needing Life Strike or something like that as much as you would without the healing. In the end, it's SOLELY preference, though. Use what you enjoy using. 

Thanks for the advice guys! Funnily enough, I already had planned how to build Chroma (I had already started to try and get him, but I had to drop out of Warframe when I started college because that was a rough adjustment for me,) and I was gonna adjust until I figured out what I liked. It's a shame I don't have all of the mods I need to make the build I'm currently aiming for, but we'll see how things go. Probably gonna stick to ice, I need a good defender and Rhino just doesn't fit my play style.

8 minutes ago, 5HV3N said:

" Now I just have to learn how to wreck with him just like I did with Ash... "

That isn't how chroma works. not even close.

Unlike ash, with chroma you need to actually use your weapons.

Actually, the way I built my Ash relies heavily on melee damage and speed, and I almost never use his abilities. I had already planned on building Chroma to support a more mid-ranged style, since my current Ash build is either kill them silently from far away or quickly from up close, and occasionally using Smoke Bomb if I start to take too much damage. The build works well for soloing.

In terms of Chroma, I'll probably try to give him Rifle Amp initially, and try to pile on elemental damage with both his abilities and weapon mods. But in all honesty, I've never been able to build a loadout well based on nothing but Warframe abilities. I'm not saying it isn't doable, but it's nowhere near my playstyle. When I say learn how to wreck with Chroma, I mean figure out a playstyle that works for me with his stats and ability set.

It may not be obvious because of my low level on the forums and in-game, but I've actually been playing for three years, so I do know what I'm doing to some extent. I'm by no means a master though, I don't spend nearly enough time with the game to be that good. I wish I could, but I'm too busy with school and some other hobbies that pertain more closely to the career I'm aiming for.

Edited by D3cham3L3on
Additional Info

congrats! Ice Chroma is an insanely good tank with a power Strength build, although I also used to enjoy playing as a support Chroma, using power Range and Elemental Ward on a Fire build to heal nearby allies and myself when in danger. he's a different animal compared to Ash, but he's pretty fun once you have your build where you want it.

Power Strength and Duration are the most important stats for Chroma.

He comes out of the gate swinging Galatine Prime for 800k easy.

Building him tanky in terms of mods is a waste of time. You won't need the difference in mitigation until you've already passed the point where you could have used the extra damage. Vitality and Steel Fiber are all you need. Vigor is optional. I don't use it personally.

I've taken Chroma to lvl 300 solo,  the only tricky part about playing him is keeping time on his buffs. If you let his buffs drop when you're shields are also down past lvl 80, you'll just about die instantly.

Edited by Xzorn