Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Recurring Dreams + Hotfix 1

[DE]Megan

I never witnessed F.F. mode myself, but I can see the advantages and disadvantages people have noticed about that Nightmare Mode in these comments.

Veterans liked it as it taught more strategy and involves more careful choice of weapons and ability usage, making for them to become better players (not just in Warframe, but other strategic co-op shooters). On the other hand, beginners were not happy that players on a team can potentially attack themselves, resulting in a high chance for Troll players to play it and intentionally kill them until they ran out of revives and therefore have to leave.

I personally think the mode could be an option for Friend lobbies. Hardcore players would enjoy the strategy involving F.F., and as a result could bring new interest into the game. Making it a Public thing may result in Trolling, so may be better not to put it in there. I should be fine in F.F mode (if it comes back). If Radiation Proc Sorties taught me something about Friendly Fire, I should be most careful (or avoid) running with AoE weapons or class abilities.

Too bad I wasn't able to get the chance to try it out, hopefully it could come back in some form soon.

I liked the friendly fire modifier, it was fun and if you actualy wanted to accomplish the mission you'd have to coordinate with squad. 

I think a fair solution would be to swap it for the radiation hazard seen in the sorties, the radiation is avoidable and is a punishment for not being careful. And its something players are familiar with. also maybe make the algorithm so radiation hazard only pops up on T3 nightmare so newer players arent worrying about it

3 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Removed ‘Friendly Fire’ modifier from Nightmare missions.

The only reason to play nightmare! Why don't you put every mission to small gravity that way it want be "to hard".

3 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Fixed being able to desecrate Nekros’ Shadows and Atlas’ Rumblers in the Jordas Verdict. 

That was a bug? i thought you mere SUPPOSE to do it hat way. well we sill have nova speed... (or it that a bug also)

I honestly didn't mind friendly fire, as I would solo most of those anyway, making it basically a normal mission. Easy nightmare mod for me, and if it was friendly fire and low gravity, it made playing as Zephyr all the more enjoyable. XD I MUST GO MY PEOPLE NEED ME *flys away*

I actually enjoyed Friendly Fire mode. I wasn't silly enough to run a FF mission public, but my clan members and I enjoyed the challenge of coordinating our attack around not killing each other with our super awesome gear. Maybe modifying the damage levels would have been a better option then outright removing it? Bit of a shame, really.

Friendly Fire was the only real "innovation" with the return of Nightmare Missions, and it gets removed?  I have to wonder what the rationale is behind that.  The saying is, "If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen", not "If you can't stand the heat, take everyone's kitchen away."

The game type itself wasn't the problem, it is a combination of the community being how it is and the wide variety of weapons that conveniently have AoE effects (Ignis, Synoid Simulor, Penta, Staticor, Sonicor, just to name a few).  You can't address the community issues themselves, so why not address the weapons in terms of their effectiveness against other Tenno instead of removing Friendly Fire entirely?  Doing it like this is the equivalent of amputating your entire arm because of a papercut, and the sad thing is the papercut analogy is easier to relate to than what we're doing here.

Thanks for the update! Yes, being able to replay the Second Dream will be awesome. :D

Going to miss Friendly Fire, it's my favourite nightmare mission type. I just love getting a squad of friends or just only me and another buddy. Finish the mission and just go beserk on each other near extraction. Good times. :') 

Sad it had to go. :( I went into a FF public match once, avoid all my teammates when they are trying to get the mission completed and then one shot them all at the extraction using my telos boltace. It's all cool cause we were at extraction, I was reviving one of them and they one shot me for revenge. 

Anyway, thanks for updating this awesome game. Keep up the great work DE and community! :)) 

Psss.... in FF mode, you can make Rhino's iron skin stack up like crazy with the help of team mates shooting at you during the invulnerable stage. :P I guess FF isn't all that bad. 

4 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Recurring Dreams: Hotfix 1
Fixes

• Fixed Quest and key missions not giving rewards (I.e Chroma Signal Blueprint, etc.) *We're working on a script to fix players who have not received their items and are currently stuck. Our sincerest apologies. 

Quoting for maximum visibility! 

4 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

Removed friendly fire?

Those missions have had some of my favourite moments in Warframe...

Just like with any mission, if people don't like it they don't have to play it. It's not like Friendly Fire missions were the only way to get Nightmare mods.

Exactly, but DE yet again bent to the will of the weiners.

Edited by --Q--Poeps

hello [DE] Megan In fact I did the quest but have not received the rewards, I was happy because it was a long time I was waiting for a chance WAR BLADE, because the first time I was not lucky to get it, if you can give me back the quest or send the rewards in msg? thank you

4 hours ago, infamouscycle said:

You guys are perfectly demonstrating why friendly fire was removed, lol. Not everybody has a premade group ready to go.

To clarify: I was mostly neutral on FF because I would always just skip them or do them solo, but I enjoy Warframe a lot more when I play with other people, so I like this removal.

Then do another nightmare mission. Problem solved.