Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

There was no problem with Friendly Fire

machasbeans

I’m going to come out and say it right now. I had a lot of fun doing Friendly Fire missions with friends when I had time to kill. I genuinely enjoyed the mode. Not once did I do friendly fire on Solo or Public, and not once did I see a problem with the mode that couldn’t be avoided by the player. I know that I will get a lot of negative responses on this post, but think of it this way:

Nightmare missions are fully optional. Your matchmaking, whether it be with Public, Friends Only, Invite Only, or Solo, is entirely up to you. There are other Nightmare missions that cycle around on a regular basis.

I would like to see a legitimate reason why this mode shouldn’t be in the game that doesn’t involve “I had X bad experience with X Public squad”. For those of us that enjoyed running this with friends, it’s like they removed an entirely new, fun game mode. If you don’t like them, you don’t have to do them. I don’t see them bringing it back because of all the people that needlessly complained about an optional game mode, but it’s at least worth trying.

i even loved it in pub

cause sometimes you can have hell of fun...

geez that mode was just a new reason to play warframe again ..

the need to aim and think fast before shooting was like ... reallllllllllllllllllllllllllllly cool

i am sad T_T

Edited by Tsoe

Bring back the Friendly Fire option, please. See I asked nicely. I can understand griefers, but report them only, not the particular game modifier because you don't like it. Unfortunately, I don't think the sentinel was the problem. Like the original poster said, I'd like to see the real reason, not just some half-made reason for this decision. Things like that add variety to the game.

Lets be fair here... friendly fire was broken. 

When a fully maxed out inaros can get one shot by a sentinel which normally doesn't even scratch an enemy unit then there is something wrong. 

While I like the idea of FF it wasn't enjoyable due to the current implementation and if it is to come back the adjustments might take some time.

So my experience was great with friendly fire. i threw my game on friends only, loaded into a defense mission and solo'd to wave 4. some clan alliance members randomly showed up uninvited and spammed their ults killing me. i shot them both while downed killing them and then revived. threw my zenistar aoe over their spawns keeping them downed as soon as they spawned. 10/10 would kill griefers again. de pls bring this back

Fun mode, except for the fact Mirage/SySim players would load in, spam non-stop, and go complete the mission while everyone else was bleeding out. Unless you got a clear shot, you couldn't put them down to save yourself without getting wrecked by OP AOE.

Lots of potential, but it was way too easy for griefers to get you. Companions should honestly just have friendly fire not apply to them, as my Kavat would gib me from behind with no warning...my missions become focused on NOT being near my companion, as she killed me more than the enemies.

I don't know, it seems like when the mode was introduced there were several posts asking for it to be removed and lots of responses to those posts were basically either "lol trolling my friends, trolling Public's" or "just run them Solo"

So outside of trolling people and giving those that want the mods and but not to get trolled cause to run yet another mission solo.

What point does it serve?

Sure you could get a few players together that want to play well and be careful, but my guess is said Party was very much the exception.

Maybe in the next Dev Stream someone can sweet talk (DE)Reb into showing us the metrics and see if this was a case of "too many solo not enough group then why bother having it" situation. 

Just some thoughts.

You give the community any kind of power, they will abuse it 100% of the time. This is a fact.

Did we all forget how badly people abused Limbo's ability to banish people almost indefinitely? He immediately became the most hated warframe because of the abuse and he hasn't recovered since. We're seeing the same thing happen with friendly fire, people will join sessions with the intention to kill you and then laugh as you ask to be rezzed.

Some Tenno just want to watch the origin system burn.

Edited by Pizzarugi

Again, I want to note that this mode was fun for when friends and I when we wanted to screw around. I understand if you have your own gripes about Public and people joining, but those are easy to avoid. I never had to do Solo, but that's fully an option. People that don't play alone generally have friends. I see literally no reason to have this removed. Solo players go solo, social players go with friends. Whether it's to screw around and have a good laugh with friends, or just grinding through for mods, I don't see a problem with this mode that can't simply be avoided by the player.

Edited by Granondaddy