The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Questions about the Second Dream Replay.

AEP8FlyBoy

First off, I love that DE has allowed us to replay the quest that started it all again. That's super cool, and I just got done with it once more. (super awesome)
I had a few critiques or observations of it though, and I know that DE is super busy with the War Within and whatnot, but... I just thought I'd mention this.

1. Why didn't our current Operator customizations carry over to the (default) Operator that gets released from the Reservoir during the replay? There is really no reason that this couldn't be a feature, as it doesn't really break the lore of the game, and just adds a bit more immersion since he/she is the Operator we customized to our liking after the first run of the quest. (1st time made sense for a default Operator, 2nd time doesn't make much sense to me.)

2. Why are Operator dialogues allowed during the very quest that is meant to reveal them? I know that there is a setting in the audio options for it, but it should be turned off by default for future runs of the quest in my opinion. This is the real lore breaker actually.

Anyways, I was really hoping that the customizations I've spent many hours refining on my Operator for the War Within would carry over to the replay of the Second Dream, and as disappointed as I am at that fact, I'm just really stoked that DE let us replay it at all.  Such a great experience, even the second time. (I remember the feels) :P

Just a few of my outlooks. Greatly looking forward to the War WIthin. :community: Won't have to worry about customizations carrying over there, hopefully. :highfive:
See you guys later.

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

1 minute ago, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

can we get another copy of Broken War by replaying the quest? 

No we don't get anything other than the story by replaying it.
No Focus Lens, no Broken War, no anything except story.

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

I'm also a little disappointed Operator settings aren't used when first revealed, but it probably has to do with a combination of not bothering to program facial expressions during the scenes, and not wanting to deal with the clipping issues that would come with certain combinations (such as the Koppra skirt).

For the second issue, I don't really see it as one. Obviously the secret has been revealed once you're replaying, so it's not really spoiling anything. If you really care about immersion, or perhaps you're recording your playthrough and don't want that involved, you can always disable them. It really doesn't bother me.

15 minutes ago, AEP8FlyBoy said:

2. Why are Operator dialogues allowed during the quest that is meant to reveal them? I know that there is a setting in the audio options for it, but it should be turned off by default for future runs of the quest in my opinion. This is the real lore breaker actually.

because its a REPLAY.....hard to really disable things that are part of the system after being unlocked....why do you think its taken this long to get at least Second dream as a replay.

Edited by xcynderx

Just now, AM-Bunny said:

I'm also a little disappointed Operator settings aren't used when first revealed, but it probably has to do with a combination of not bothering to program facial expressions during the scenes, and not wanting to deal with the clipping issues that would come with certain combinations (such as the Koppra skirt).

For the second issue, I don't really see it as one. Obviously the secret has been revealed once you're replaying, so it's not really spoiling anything. If you really care about immersion, or perhaps you're recording your playthrough and don't want that involved, you can always disable them. It really doesn't bother me.

I suppose that first thing makes some sense, and I really think if they had more time to re-work it in some fashion, they would have done so.
Like I said, they are super busy with the War Within.

For your second thing, that is true as well.
Could easily toggle it off. But I think for those few that forget to (like me), it should be turned off by default... just for the quest's sake.

Just now, xcynderx said:

because its a REPLAY.....hard to really disable things that are part of the system after being unlocked....why do you think its taken this long to get at least Second dream as a replay.

Because they've been spending all these months working on the War Within.
It wouldn't be very hard to lock that setting down just while the quest is being re-run.

But it's mostly the War Within. > _ > 

Just now, AEP8FlyBoy said:

Because they've been spending all these months working on the War Within.
It wouldn't be very hard to lock that setting down just while the quest is being re-run.

But it's mostly the War Within. > _ > 

heheh...true, very true...but warframe is also still in development (permanently from what it seems lol) so they may go back and 'fix' it up once they can

2 minutes ago, xcynderx said:

heheh...true, very true...but warframe is also still in development (permanently from what it seems lol) so they may go back and 'fix' it up once they can

I hope so, it'd be neat to see them revamp that at one point.
Come to think of it, a lot of the past quests could use some touching up as well. (especially the ones without cinematics.)

In time... they'll get around to it. : P

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

Only one thing annoys me though it's rather small annoyance- we can't choose Focus during dialogue. If it at least used current primary school it would be ok but it sticks to original selection- meaning I hear about Madurai again (I hate Madurai...)

6 minutes ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

Well, I started the quest a third time and now I'm stuck being unable to start the first mission. Would not recommend doing that.

I wish i read this before doing that myself. Now my quest log has "The Second Dream" and no objectives on what to do so the dialogue from lotus just plays every time I login.

7 minutes ago, Zortyx said:

I wish i read this before doing that myself. Now my quest log has "The Second Dream" and no objectives on what to do so the dialogue from lotus just plays every time I login.

Yeah, sorry about that. I went to the forums as soon as I was sure I couldn't fix the bug myself. :/

They could use our customized tennos but forcing them to have the mask on so they don't have to go back and animate/program facial animations. It would be the only real outcome. No one can expect DE to go back and create facial animations for cutscenes that weren't meant to have them in the first place.
But again, having our customized tennos with the mask on would be a good compromise.

18 minutes ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

Yeah, sorry about that. I went to the forums as soon as I was sure I couldn't fix the bug myself. :/

Yeah, I probably should have taken the fact that it said 'begin quest" instead of "replay quest" as a sign but not much we can do now¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2 hours ago, xcynderx said:

actually there is a toggle for operator chat. just add the toggle when you start the mission. 

turning it on mid mission.

but seriously how hard it is to toggle off the operator chat before replaying.

9 hours ago, AEP8FlyBoy said:

You don't have a clue about how this game is coded, just admit it. Maybe deactivating the In-Game Operator Lines would require to deactivate your focus capability completely, and that may screw up a lot of things (No more 5 ? Passives ? What about lenses ?).

There is an option for you to do so, just use it if you don't want the Operator to make an apparition during Second Dream.