Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Baro 50th special is locked behind mastery 8

skelo0

20 minutes ago, Enno69 said:

It's just powercreep. They have nothing special besides numbers and the gold. And with their rare parts you need intense farming to obtain them, so that you already feel like you have worked out for it. Having to raise your mastery to 13 in addition to that is too much. It's either the search, or the high skill ceiling, asking for both is excessive. Syndicate weapons use the ceiling method, because they give you the stuff for free, provided you are worthy of it. Primes have to be farmed, because they are basically ancient powerful relics that aren't easily found. But Gala, Tigris etc mixes the two, and I don't like that.

It's basically because of power-creep that they should have a higher mastery requirement. 

And syndicate weapons don't "Give you stuff for free, provided you are worthy of it". Both take a stretchy amount of time to farm for.

With syndicate weapons, all you are doing is equipping a syndicate sigil and going around creating a blood-pool, a massacre.

(Edit: I forgot, and the rep points are capped at a certain amount based on MR, per day. Argh.)

Both are very close in MR, 12 and 13. You could argue that the primes are more easily farmed up, even more so now. But that's up to RNGesus to decide.

I see no difference. But still, syndicates have this.. more special feeling. Just politely giving my points, by the way. Let's just agree to disagree, or something.

Edited by LunarEdge7

Just now, Vilmu said:

Sure, if he would have had stuff already crafting and time to play during sat-sun, but his foundry was doing nothing and he didn't have the time, so yeah. Also 6 -> 8 requires 70 000 mastery which is like 1 warframes and 22 weapons (for example, or just 24 weapons) and getting the resources for all that takes some time. It's not like a newer player will have resources for _that_ many items. I mean yeah sure, he maybe could have done it. But it's too late already as he gave up on it because at the time neither of us knew baro will stay longer this time.

With attitude like that he will be mr 6 during 100'th anniversary.

45 minutes ago, ViS4GE said:

With attitude like that he will be mr 6 during 100'th anniversary.

Not sure what it has to do with attitude when out of the normal 3 days baro is here (fri-sat-sun) he knows he can only play during one (friday and he already ranked up that day to 6) and little on second (sunday), but not long enough to level up enough items for rank up. It would have been impossible for him and while the extra time would have made it possible, we discovered it too late for it to matter.

Worry not, I bought double of everything so he can have them too, now all we have to do is farm something around 3mil credits for him for the trade tax. But that way the feeling of accomplishment is kinda lost so he may not even want me to trade the items :)

@PrVonTuckIII Continuity + flow + cryo rounds = 220 000 credits and 675 ducats because continuity and flow were at half the normal price. Very affortable for newer players; friend of mine had the ducats and credits, just not enough mr.

@Neonir below. Correct. It takes total of 160 000 mastery to reach mr 8 from 0, that's 54 (53.333) weapons where frames/companions count as 2. So for example 4 warframes, 1 kubrow and 44 weapons.

Edited by Vilmu

On 05/11/2016 at 6:11 PM, DeltaPhantom said:

Go to the Market. Buy the Lex. Rank it up to 30. Sell it. Repeat for the Sicarus. Then buy the MK1-Furis, and get a level or two.

When you are finished, you will qualify for MR8. If you move fast, you'll make it in time to reach Baro. Complain about MR requirements for special events* later, level now.

*a valid issue, to be honest

...It takes a LOT more than that to reach MR 8, that's 3 weapons, now maybe my games bugged or something but I've levelled a LOT more than that to get to MR 8, like 11 times that number, plus 6 warframes.

Like gosh, I know that's not as many as some people, but it's still been a pretty freaking large undertaking to reach this point (and I mean, literally, just today, I got MR8 tonight.)

Side note: I got into the event while I was still MR 7 so man I have NO idea anymore.

3 hours ago, Vilmu said:

Well, it's special in a way. Most of the stuff he sells is at half the normal price, making the prices affordable even for newer players.

And saying that people below mr 8 can't buy anything from him anyway; just one evening with my mr 6 friend (he hit 6 the day baro came) and he/we managed to get 600 ducats. Needless to say he was quite sad that he couldn't enter the relay... Credits wouldn't have been a problem, since I can just use Chroma and we could've done 5 wave akkads for ~30k credits(without booster). But there's no need for that since he can't enter :P

It was for sure a special visit, but far from being an actual event like that guy said.

3 hours ago, LunarEdge7 said:

It's basically because of power-creep that they should have a higher mastery requirement. 

And syndicate weapons don't "Give you stuff for free, provided you are worthy of it". Both take a stretchy amount of time to farm for.

With syndicate weapons, all you are doing is equipping a syndicate sigil and going around creating a blood-pool, a massacre.

(Edit: I forgot, and the rep points are capped at a certain amount based on MR, per day. Argh.)

Both are very close in MR, 12 and 13. You could argue that the primes are more easily farmed up, even more so now. But that's up to RNGesus to decide.

I see no difference. But still, syndicates have this.. more special feeling. Just politely giving my points, by the way. Let's just agree to disagree, or something.

Yes, syndicates feel much more special to me than primes. And no, the latter aren't more easily farmed up ; the acquisition of a syndicate weapon is completely unrelated to RNG, and it goes really really fast if you do the daily alerts and pick up all the medaillons. Sigils hardly matter after a while, nowadays I only use them to top up after spending reputation, but they should not be relied solely upon to advance your rank. Of course if you are really lucky you can assemble your prime much faster than that, but syndicates are less of a hassle, more of a "I earned it" and less "RNG blessed me".

It's perfectly ok for us to disagree, have a nice day :)

4 hours ago, Vilmu said:

Not sure what it has to do with attitude when out of the normal 3 days baro is here (fri-sat-sun) he knows he can only play during one (friday and he already ranked up that day to 6) and little on second (sunday), but not long enough to level up enough items for rank up. It would have been impossible for him and while the extra time would have made it possible, we discovered it too late for it to matter.

Worry not, I bought double of everything so he can have them too, now all we have to do is farm something around 3mil credits for him for the trade tax. But that way the feeling of accomplishment is kinda lost so he may not even want me to trade the items :)

@PrVonTuckIII Continuity + flow + cryo rounds = 220 000 credits and 675 ducats because continuity and flow were at half the normal price. Very affortable for newer players; friend of mine had the ducats and credits, just not enough mr.

@Neonir below. Correct. It takes total of 160 000 mastery to reach mr 8 from 0, that's 54 (53.333) weapons where frames/companions count as 2. So for example 4 warframes, 1 kubrow and 44 weapons.

And he need to have " feeling of accomplishment " for doing nothing ? , Cool . Aside that , the Warframe traker always said where baro is gonna be next time ... so an intelligent tenno know that he will be spawning in pluto 2 weeks ago and he can prepare (more than enought to reach the requierement mr) .

Edited by Yagamilight123

6 minutes ago, Yagamilight123 said:

And he need to have " feeling of accomplishment " for doing nothing ? , Cool . Aside that , the Warframe traker always said where baro is gonna be next time ... so an intelligent tenno know that he will be spawning in pluto 2 weeks ago and he can prepare (more than enought to reach the requierement mr) .

Farming ducats and credits is nothing? Maybe you missed the point? If I buy them for him it's basically for free (apart from the hefty trade tax) so the feels may be missing. I know because I've bought mods that have refused to drop me and the feeling of acquiring is just "bleh" even when you finally get it. There is difference, at least to me.

And intelligence got exactly what to do with that? I didn't even know such a site existed or that it shows where baro would be before he's even there. Weird that no other place (like wiki) get edited with that info... Only 3rd party site I use is .market and the wiki...

I think this problem mainly targets middle-game players. This is due to the fact that newbies don't care about a 1-million credit gold pillar which you can place one noggle on, and the end-game have pretty much everything already. The reason for this is that they (well actually us :/ ) need more powerful weapons, but they aren't experienced enough in the game to be able to acess Orcus.

Considering this is a special Baro visit with some really nice items, I too think that it should not be locked behind MR8. I'm MR20 already so I don't have this problem, but I feel really sorry for the people who can't partake in this event because of the restriction.

9 minutes ago, Neonir said:

I still dont see how it's mastery locked...Like, I got in with mastery rank 7.

That's lower than 8.

That means there must at least be SOME WAY around it because I was able to do it without even trying.

That's because all founders got into every relay as the first people before the general public.
Basically as a small way to say "Here, founders can check it out first and give some feedback and feel special"
Due to that the MR restrictions were lifted for all founders, which is why you were able to get in at MR7.  Apparently DE never went back through and re-enabled the MR restrictions to relays for founders....not that I think it really matters.

Everyone else has to wait until MR8 to access Orcus Relay in Pluto.

Edited by Tsukinoki

1 hour ago, (XB1)rocketstar31 said:

I think this problem mainly targets middle-game players. This is due to the fact that newbies don't care about a 1-million credit gold pillar which you can place one noggle on, and the end-game have pretty much everything already. The reason for this is that they (well actually us :/ ) need more powerful weapons, but they aren't experienced enough in the game to be able to acess Orcus.

YES!  Things seems to revolve around new players and veterans, never us mediocre peoples.  It's like an awkward teenage phase.  T_T

12 hours ago, Neonir said:

...It takes a LOT more than that to reach MR 8, that's 3 weapons, now maybe my games bugged or something but I've levelled a LOT more than that to get to MR 8, like 11 times that number, plus 6 warframes.

Like gosh, I know that's not as many as some people, but it's still been a pretty freaking large undertaking to reach this point (and I mean, literally, just today, I got MR8 tonight.)

Side note: I got into the event while I was still MR 7 so man I have NO idea anymore.

I repeat:

On 11/5/2016 at 5:16 AM, DeltaPhantom said:

Those instructions are for skelo0 specifically. He is already MR7, and only needs ~6100 mastery.

On 11/5/2016 at 3:04 AM, DeltaPhantom said:

"F#ck that guy in particular."

Truth be told, I question why he shows up on Mercury sometimes. The stuff he sells isn't exactly cheap...

Well, because there's a Relay there.

Iirc, he goes from Relay to Relay in ascending order before starting over again. 

It sucks for new players, yes, but Baro isn't necessarily for new players.

On 5.11.2016 at 8:30 PM, Tesseract7777 said:

It's a Baro special anniversary (it's not even a real "event", just a couple new items), so with all respect, why would it be catering to very newer players, which is what those under MR8 almost always tend to be? 

It's honoring BARO coming for a very, very long time. And to be honest apart from the primed cryo rounds (which will return before long im sure) and a giant golden pedestal that does absolutely nothing, there is nothing new or special here really. He has a lot of repeat items he has had in the past, and he will have those repeat items again. Even the pedestal thing will return eventually, as does everything in Warframe that isn't Founders exclusive. 

For those who haven't been playing a long time there is really no reason to consider this visit special anyways, it's just another Baro visit. Don't worry about Baro right now... if you are under MR8 he is basically end game right now and you aren't really to end game yet anyway. MR8 is really early on in play, and except for a few rare outliers, you generally aren't at the point where you even have the fusion energy to spend on primed mods (and not more important other common/uncommon/rare mods) that you should be leveling first instead. He's end game, don't worry about it. All the stuff Baro has will return eventually... 

I´d argue against that.

First of all, the main goodies Baro sold, imo, where Primed Flow and Primed Continuity for half the usual price. Most vets had these already. To all people saying that you "wheren´t missing much" if you didn´t have access to Orcus Relay, I´d beg to differ. You probably where missing out.

Second. Ducats come from selling prime parts. What levels are Lith Fissures at again? Sure Axi and some Neo might be inaccsessibe for newer players, but it´s not exclusively high level content.

In terms of investment, just compare a primed mod with a Kubrow. Kubrow quest is beginner content.

21 hours ago, Tsukinoki said:

That's because all founders got into every relay as the first people before the general public.
Basically as a small way to say "Here, founders can check it out first and give some feedback and feel special"
Due to that the MR restrictions were lifted for all founders, which is why you were able to get in at MR7.  Apparently DE never went back through and re-enabled the MR restrictions to relays for founders....not that I think it really matters.

Everyone else has to wait until MR8 to access Orcus Relay in Pluto.

Huh, fair enough then.

My crumby little badge is worth something after all!

It's a goal which you can achieve and show your dedication to the game. As it's specials, it needs to be put in a way that it rewards players that dedicated their time to playing and that are regular visitor to the relay. Which, is why it is not just any newcomers could easily get this treat. Though It would in a sense be unfair to players, and that it could also be a chance to motivate new players to play more; But it would take them some time to learn the mechanics of the mod and the game, because they are still fairly new. They might leave, or stay at anytime; so this is just a way to test if they are up to the challenge, and earn the treat ;)  

Edited by -PP-Sonicz

13 hours ago, Floppinger said:

I´d argue against that.

First of all, the main goodies Baro sold, imo, where Primed Flow and Primed Continuity for half the usual price. Most vets had these already. To all people saying that you "wheren´t missing much" if you didn´t have access to Orcus Relay, I´d beg to differ. You probably where missing out.

Second. Ducats come from selling prime parts. What levels are Lith Fissures at again? Sure Axi and some Neo might be inaccsessibe for newer players, but it´s not exclusively high level content.

In terms of investment, just compare a primed mod with a Kubrow. Kubrow quest is beginner content.

But Baro is advanced content, that is simply a fact. The point isn't whether a newer player can access Baro's goodies much of the time (obviously they can, as you pointed out). They (newer players, or longtime players who play little and haven't progressed much) are indeed quite capable of farming and getting stuff from Baro, even most of what he offers, as long as he is at a relay they have already unlocked. 

But my point isn't about whether they can, it is about whether they should be able to. 

With all respect, I haven't seen an argument for my main point as to what makes Baro content for advanced/experienced players who have already done a lot/most that the game has to offer. 

For clarity: That argument is that Baro is an expensive time sink. Very expensive. I'm not just talking about the ducats and credits either, the ducats which you may be able to get if you are farming lower relic prime parts, as you said. But unless you are doing sorties or trials regularly, having enough credits for Baro alone is going to be quite a slog as well. But like I said that is also only a small part of the overall story. The bigger issue is simply "endo" or fusion energy. Leveling up mods in this game is extremely costly, and there are lots and lots of important r10 common, uncommon and rare mods to level, that you should be leveling and having all ranked up before you start worrying about trying to rank any primed mods. 

That is the main reason why I say Baro is endgame. If you aren't MR8 you probably almost certainly don't have your important R10 mods all maxed yet (unless you are rare Tenno who does things very differently, quite an outlier). If you are over MR8 you are much more likely to at least have your most essential mods maxed first. 

Just because vets already had some of the stuff doesn't mean it isn't for vets: New vets come into being all the time, who still need those mods and there was new stuff as well, such as primed cryo rounds and primed pedestal that were specifically for veterans who basically have it all. And in fact, I would argue that the mods consistently return on a regular basis, which means there is no need to have them RIGHT NOW available for literally everyone. They will always be back. And when they are, the players who couldn't get them the first time around will be more ready for them now. 

But the biggest point is simple: If you don't have most of your important mods maxed already first, then you aren't ready for Baro yet anyway, you don't need him yet. And he and all his mods will be back again and again and again. I actually think him being available too often to early players and not being mastery locked causes them to waste too much of their time grinding for stuff that they aren't even at the right place progression-wise yet for. It makes them feel anxious about going on a farming spree, and feeling left out, for stuff that will return, that they don't really need right now. So yeah, I think it should be mastery locked. I think right now him being available to new players actually puts too much pressure on new players, when they shouldn't even feel stressed about more end game/credit sink/ducat sink stuff like Baro. 

The point of Baro is to be a huge sink for veteran players who spend most of their time on Warframe... new players are confused thinking he is meant for them. 

TL;DR, 

I think there should be a MR cutoff, because if a player doesn't even have all their important mods maxed yet, they are essentially being confused into getting their in game progression priorities all out of whack. Primed mods are insanely expensive to level for a early MR player, even just to Rank 9, and I doubt that early MR player (except for some rare outliers -- the exception being those few rare players who have played for years, but despite that have refused to try more than a very small amount of the available content) has most of their other mods even leveled up all the way yet. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

Important expensive mods to max out. So we´re talking about Vitality, Serration and Hornet Strike. Because everything else is either not that important to max out first (depending on your preferred frames), or not that expensive.

Look, I got nothing against Baro not selling to low MR players. Having to earn the right to buy his stuff. But I feel that´s not the case here. It just happened to be that Baro was on Orcus relay for the 50th anniversery. At least that´s how it feels. Personally I´m not affected, and I am one of those newer vets and was happy to be able to get Primed Continuity.

31 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

................ I actually think him being available too often to early players and not being mastery locked causes them to waste too much of their time grinding for stuff that they aren't even at the right place progression-wise yet for. It makes them feel anxious about going on a farming spree, and feeling left out, for stuff that will return, that they don't really need right now.............

I wanted to quote that bit, because imo its a home made problem, I feel like that´s how the entire game is set up.

Nitain Alert, gotta get it before it goes away. Orokin Catalyst for doing Invasion missions, gotta get it. Prime is getting vaulted, gotta farm it before it´s gone (I was to late for Rhino Prime, :sadcry:).

Forma is about to finish and you´re out of BP´s. Farm a new one quick. Takes 24 hours to build one and the year doesn´t have enough days to build enough of them anyways (It actually does, but that doesn´t mean I don´t get a slight feeling of discomfort when I can´t build forma back to back.)

Baro is coming. Farming spree as you said.

Obviously it gets better as you get more and more stuff done and learn to be less stupid about it all, but still.

On 11/5/2016 at 8:08 PM, skelo0 said:

MR 8 is high, and i am talking about the baro 50th visit or whatever event, did you even read the title?

MR 8 is easy af to get to. People on this forum are calling it a goal but really, it's just a walk in the park. MR 8 is definitely not high.

Anyways, alot of baro's stuff is very expensive. Now i'm not saying MR 8's are poor or don't have enough ducts. But in reality, most MR 8's or under don't have the credits to buy baro's items.

On 11/8/2016 at 1:08 AM, Enno69 said:

I remember a time when I started playing, during U15, when MR8 was considered the last truely useful rank to obtain because that's what unlocked the Dragon Nikana, the weapon with the highest MR requirement. Nostalgia...

yeah, I remember that. I actually remember when I got that MR. My friend said: welp, you've finished the game... wanna keep going? since then, it's been a wild ride :P