Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Waframe Twitter, The War Within Hype Site Day 5 - Opposing Forces: [Megathread]

Eldnacpeek

6 minutes ago, heskaroid said:

I was the one who said that it sounded like an orokin word.

Now, care for anyone to translate it?

Oops, Lol. I can't seem to find a legitimate translation for kuva. It might be based on a Hindi word or Finnish. Maybe because I'm just using google.

I haven't translated it myself, but I've seen several people claiming that the tennobet on the first page of the hype site says "That which is done out of love takes place beyond good an evil", which is a quote from Nietzsche. But he's not among my favorites, I haven't read much of his works. Can anyone who did give is some context? Can you relate what he meant with what may happen in the quest? It seems to be related to ambigous moral values.

And the second page seems to have a different message.

2 hours ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

Remember, they wanted to release Titania and TWW at the same time before they split the update. But yeah, they didn't even show a model for infested frame.

they have released frame swithin short amounts of time without showing 3d models before

42 minutes ago, LazerSkink said:

It doesn't have a different message, the previous one is just continuing on.

You're right, it confused me because the first page has two words on the same line in some places, while the second page only has one word per line.

Just translated it myself, and got the same result: "oohat ihs dawn oot awf lawv aloooees taekaes plaek beheeawnd good and ehvihl". It was my first attempt at a tennobet translation, so there may be mistakes.

Edited by Antiphoton

3 hours ago, Antiphoton said:

You're right, it confused me because the first page has two words on the same line in some places, while the second page only has one word per line.

Just translated it myself, and got the same result: "oohat ihs dawn oot awf lawv aloooees taekaes plaek beheeawnd god and ehvihl". It was my first attempt at a tennobet translation, so there may be mistakes.

It's better to start elsewhere for translating in my opinion. The page has a lot of errors and unfitting characters. The word 'what' should be spelled "oo-u-t", not "oo-h-a-t"; you literally have to pronounce it "oohat", and this confused me for a brief moment as well. 

27 minutes ago, LazerSkink said:

It's better to start elsewhere for translating in my opinion. The page has a lot of errors and unfitting characters. The word 'what' should be spelled "oo-u-t", not "oo-h-a-t"; you literally have to pronounce it "oohat", and this confused me for a brief moment as well. 

Actually, it seems that it is valid to use a silent H where you have several vowels without a consonant between them. So that first word can be read as "ooat".

Edited by Antiphoton

On November 6, 2016 at 4:46 PM, (PS4)TheANSER-42 said:

Crack pot theory time. one of the Queens is dying get and the other is using the grinder clone army to look for something to save her. it says love takes place beyond good and evil which could be referring to the atrocities committed by the one queen to save her twin sister (who I'm assuming she loves).

I'm beginning to more strongly suspect they aren't "twins"at all, but generational clones of the same daughter, with increasingly prevalent degenerative defects showing up with each new "twin" being (re)born.

The older, once she nears the end of her lifespan, creates and instructs the younger as a sister/daughter.

I suspect that it may be more tragic in that one of the original sisters was killed.  It would only reinforce Teshin's blind, unwavering devotion to protect "them", regardless of moral implications, if he is their father.

The Grineer race for genetic superiority may be the race to rediscover Orokin Immortality (see memory fragments - Ordis) and the queens may want the dreamers to come to see what secrets lie in OUR long-living, void-altered bloodlines.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

3 hours ago, EmptyDevil said:

The fat gets in the way of the vitals and cushions them, making it harder to kill them perhaps? I don't know.

Actually pretty accurate, as it was something that Gladiators of Ancient Rome employed as a way to endure injury.

1 hour ago, Antiphoton said:

I haven't translated it myself, but I've seen several people claiming that the tennobet on the first page of the hype site says "That which is done out of love takes place beyond good an evil", which is a quote from Nietzsche. But he's not among my favorites, I haven't read much of his works. Can anyone who did give is some context? Can you relate what he meant with what may happen in the quest? It seems to be related to ambigous moral values.

And the second page seems to have a different message.

Whilst I can't find my copy of Beyond Good and Evil at the moment (very annoying), if memory serves there's argument to be made that if people act in love...they may be capable of actions or behaviour that would normally be of questionable moral character. How far one might go for love is, after all, a common thing in a story and can be both positive or negative...yet love itself remains viewed as an overall positive component of an individual's character. Alternatively...it's not possible to judge love in the moral dimension for its capacity to be either. Honestly...without the book to hand it's a rather tricky thing to figure out as it's out of context right now and it's been a few years since I properly read it. One aphorism does not an argument make.

And to be fair...it's not necessarily going to be the case that the quest is built around the phrase, after all it could be quite the happy accident in terms of word choice. Or it's just the classic 'we're going to take a quote by this clever person to look clever'. Certainly wouldn't be the first time if so.

Looks like the Kuva Guardians are using proper war scythes, so the long-running complaint of proper-sized and sensible scythes may just be realised.

And as @arch111 pointed out, these guardians may be based on the Orokin Guardians that the Stalker identified as, so the colour scheme and scythe preference may not be a coincidence.

2 hours ago, Xenoraptor said:

Looks like the Kuva Guardians are using proper war scythes, so the long-running complaint of proper-sized and sensible scythes may just be realised.

And as @arch111 pointed out, these guardians may be based on the Orokin Guardians that the Stalker identified as, so the colour scheme and scythe preference may not be a coincidence.

I had not even thought that far! Schythes, colors, yes that fits with Stalker.  If a bowman shows up it is for sure.