The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sorties / High Level missions and constantly reviving players

Troll_Logic

23 minutes ago, Teloch said:

There is a very powerful phrase: "Nobody but me".

That's how you should think when facing tasks or difficulties.

Don't expect anything  aside from your competency and powers

It's not me who is dying usually. And i think most of the sorties are not so hard that you couldn't carry a few weak players. Get better and show yourself as a hero!

5 hours ago, Prepotenza said:

You don't need vitality or redirection to survive. 

No you don't.  But if you're surviving then I'm not talking about you, am I?

Especially cause if you're dying with 300 shield, you will die with 660 (or whatever).

I don't believe that for a second.  More health and more shields mean more survivability.  More room for error.  More time to kill or run.

If you feel like a random player is not good enough you shouldn't be playing public matches. If you think you might die reviving him don't do that. It's simple.

I haven't said a word about "random players" or "not good enough."

4 hours ago, Prepotenza said:

He kept moaning about redirection and vitality (that aren't a valuable way to survive) and he pretends random people to be geared as he wish.

I don't care how random people are geared.  I made that clear.

4 hours ago, Prepotenza said:

No one has the right to moan about random players. They can do whatever they want. Everyone is free to play in his own way and to be as much noob as he wants.

All of that is true.  Again, I'm not complaining about random players.

2 hours ago, -CM-Kinnison said:

most of my raid builds don't bother with Redirection or vitality, because i rely on CC ability, Power range and efficancy.  Same with sorties.

got a problem with it, don't do pubs

Again, this has nothing to do with pubs.  That's the easy knee-jerk reaction.

2 hours ago, Zaitsiev said:

Well, I guess I Have to explain you certain things, OP.

If you can survive without equipping vitality or redirection then I'm not addressing you, am I?

If you can play with base health/shields without dropping in a mission, then no one has a problem with you because you don't require the rest of the team to carry you through the mission, yes?

43 minutes ago, Callback said:

6?  I know they recently made it so you get 4 per mission instead of per day, but 6?

Without going on a tangent, that's the one the big reasons for this latest play style.  When a player had four lives per day, he paid attention to what he was doing because he didn't want to be locked out of his warframe for the rest of the day.

Since there are up to six lives per mission low level players can play anywhere because it just doesn't matter if he dies 3 times in a mission.  That MR5 player will just pick another sortie to be carried through.

14 hours ago, Teloch said:

It is up to player to decide to res or not to res. Personally, I don't revive meta exploiters (BS ash, simulor mirage), "hallway heroes" and "speed demons", Limbos, people who drop on their rear ends each 60 seconds (not always but usually), players who don't revive other players (unless those downed were mentioned in my not to revive list). So you're not alone in being picky XD

*waves* I'm one of those players who plays Limbo quite a bit, but to be fair with some dropping every minute, I find this to be true for just about any Warframe with an Armor Rating of under 65 why is having 15 Armor still a thing? More specifically, Warframes with no defensive ability or if so having a prolonged animation for it i.e. Banshee, Nova, Hydroid, etc. I personally find Quick Thinking in those cases much more beneficial in the long long run than Vitality or Redirection.

A bit of a side tangent but still relevant to the overall Topic:

Spoiler

In my experience, the bigger issue I run into are the once-in-a-while player telling me to bugger off because I'm running a Warframe like Limbo or Oberon or etc; especially Limbo despite I maybe carrying the entire team, or that when it comes to Sorties I don't actually use his abilities other than Rift Walk (it's redundant when it comes to those bulky enemies) but what it seems like it's anger just because of association.

Not going to lie, it sucks and it makes me feel like crap even after apologizing sometimes (though I have no reason to), but you know it's whatever at the end of the day lol. I find it funny though I have once gotten rematched with someone who chat-blocked me previously because for some reason they think muting a player is somehow going to stop from being matched up again haha.

Edited by [DE]Taylor
removed profanity and filter bypassing :)

50 minutes ago, HalfDarkShadow said:

the once-in-a-while player telling me to bugger off because I'm running a Warframe like Limbo or Oberon

I love running into player like this. Whenever they yell at me for running Oberon I usually just stand near them and spam Reckoning just to annoy them. I remember once a guy got mad at me for running Mag, after her rework, and I stood next to him just spamming Pull until he left the room.

Nothing that annoys me more than people getting mad at your frame choice when it isn't affecting them in any discernible manner.

Edited by [DE]Taylor
removed profanity in quoted comment

1 hour ago, Troll_Logic said:

If you can survive without equipping vitality or redirection then I'm not addressing you, am I?

If you can play with base health/shields without dropping in a mission, then no one has a problem with you because you don't require the rest of the team to carry you through the mission, yes?

It's not the manner in which you're addressing someone that can survive without Redirection/Vitality that is the issue. It's the presumption that if you see someone that doesn't have those survivability mods equipped on the party health bar on your upper right template, you're immediately categorizing them under the logic you've put forth in your opening post. It's a passive-aggressive subjection that you're placing players whenever you go on any mission you're participating in, whether it is a PuG or an organized group, and you've set a clear bias and objective to not rez these players because they don't have [either of] these two survivability mods equipped and the assumption that the aforementioned players are glass-cannon-fodder that cannot be graced by your aid.

Even though I and a couple of others have mentioned the Quick Thinking + Primed Flow combo, sometimes S#&$ happens. And even if players do use this combo, because they don't use Redirection, Vitality, or even Steel Fiber to a certain extent, they have to be segregated because at face value from your player template you can discern they don't have those mods equipped in your screen? That's the issue I think people are seeing here, and I believe it isn't right to couple players on first impressions to the experiential stance you're condoning.

However, with the Quick Thinking + Primed Flow combo, at least survivability is gated down to 2 HP if a mortal blow is inflicted and Energy is accounted for to sustain the extra damage. I suppose it's then where players using this combo could only just prove you wrong and stray away from your bias.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

It's not the manner in which you're addressing someone that can survive without Redirection/Vitality that is the issue. It's the presumption that if you see someone that doesn't have those survivability mods equipped on the party health bar on your upper right template, you're immediately categorizing them under the logic you've put forth in your opening post.

Nope.  You're thinking of it completely backwards.

It isn't "Oh man, look at this player's health & shields who just joined.  I'm sure he's a terrible player."

It is "What?  This guy just dropped for the third time.  Let me check his....  YUP!  It's 300 health and 300 shields.  No wonder he keeps dropping.  I'm not reviving him again."

See the difference?

1 hour ago, Chipputer said:

I love running into player like this. Whenever they yell at me for running Oberon I usually just stand near them and spam Reckoning just to annoy them. I remember once a guy got mad at me for running Mag, after her rework, and I stood next to him just spamming Pull until he left the room.

Nothing that annoys me more than people getting mad at your frame choice when it isn't affecting them in any discernible manner.

No kidding.  I hate that as well.  People why type "Looking for XXXXX for this raid because we have to have that frame."

Any competent player in any frame will work.

1 minute ago, Troll_Logic said:

No kidding.  I hate that as well.  People why type "Looking for XXXXX for this raid because we have to have that frame."

See, that's different, though.

If you specifically want a specific frame then I'll respect that, but if you join a pub and go, "UGH WHY ARE YOU PLAYING OBERON WHAT AN IDIOT," then I'm gonna have a problem.

2 hours ago, Callback said:

Oh you mean the new arcanes (the slottable thingies not arcane helmets)?  There's one of those for revives?

Some of the Arcanes grant you an "Arcane Revive" for maxing them out. I heard that passive Arcanes do not though. Arcane Aegis & Grace do grant Arcane Revives for example. To be honest though they feel like you're using cheat codes, but then I guess it justifies their high Platinum price. 

1 hour ago, HalfDarkShadow said:

*waves* I'm one of those players who plays Limbo quite a bit, but to be fair with some dropping every minute, I find this to be true for just about any Warframe with an Armor Rating of under 65 why is having 15 Armor still a thing? More specifically, Warframes with no defensive ability or if so having a prolonged animation for it i.e. Banshee, Nova, Hydroid, etc. I personally find Quick Thinking in those cases much more beneficial in the long long run than Vitality or Redirection.

A bit of a side tangent but still relevant to the overall Topic:

Reveal hidden contents

In my experience, the bigger issue I run into are the once-in-a-while player telling me to bugger off because I'm running a Warframe like Limbo or Oberon or etc; especially Limbo despite I maybe carrying the entire team, or that when it comes to Sorties I don't actually use his abilities other than Rift Walk (it's redundant when it comes to those bulky enemies) but what it seems like it's anger just because of association.

Not going to lie, it sucks and it makes me feel like crap even after apologizing sometimes (though I have no reason to), but you know it's whatever at the end of the day lol. I find it funny though I have once gotten rematched with someone who chat-blocked me previously because for some reason they think muting a player is somehow going to stop from being matched up again haha.

Yeah, I went into a sortie with a buddy and his buddy for a video, and those 2 both left when a Limbo joined us. They each got banished once and left. My buddy even told me I should leave, IIRC. Only Oberon and Limbo remained, and although Limbo went down a bunch of times, we played our roles and won.

I love when people question my choice of using Oberon. I've gotten quite toxic with wagering, shaming, being condescending with those people in the past, so I've been trying to go easy on that. I'd have quite a bit of valuables and platinum if those people held their ends of the deal, but I never got what I was promised. It's alright, because all I gave them was the feeling of failure.

if you're with a good enough team that draws agro properly, casters can usually get away without durability mods, provided they also know their Parkour and carry plenty of restores just in case they get hit with a stray round.

personally I always run Vitality as it grants better survivability against Slash Procs, and as a melee-loving player, I often get as close as I can to the enemy. obviously the closer you get, the more likely you are to get hit so I go prepared. anyone who doesn't is fine by me, but I just hope they know the risks of running only base EHP. regarding revives, my policy is simple; always try to revive the player unless:

- they are too far away (several rooms)

- they are surrounded by heavies and I can't get rid of them quickly.

- they are leeching/trolling/being toxic. (thankfully a rare occurrence.)

as always, my recommendation is to either make a private group with friends or solo it. you can't go into pub games and expect everyone to conform to your particular playstyle. you should ALWAYS go in expecting the absolute worst case scenario and plan accordingly.